Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,677 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694747 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12558) (12559) (12560) (12561) (12562) (12563) (12564) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:10am On Feb 05, 2022
Joebie:
Chris u dey surpise me oh. U don dump Ejuke now? wink

Bro, Ejuke dey play secondary school football. I was really disappointed. His performance was way below my expectations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:24am On Feb 05, 2022
ChrisKels:

Bro, Ejuke dey play secondary school football. I was really disappointed. His performance was way below my expectations.
Kai Oga Chris,secondary school football......and Chuckwueze is playing university football.....Ejuke and Chuckwueze really fall my hands.I thought they would be a game changer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2022
Parrot69:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq30sv18N14

This is why I don't like Nigerian journalists. They can be so intelligent but also so sentimental.

So Balogun and Etebo would have been solid additions to the team while Dennis who was our most in form player before the tournament wouldn't have? Ighalo who only a few months ago they were shouting for him not to come back is who they are now regarding as our savior to solve our striking issues abi? Look at how OJB disgraced himself globally some weeks ago for example.

Please, let's learn to see and say things for what they are. That is why, any day, any time, Edafe Elegbete is still my go-to Nigerian journalist even ahead of etablished juggernauts like Colin Udoh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by merrybet: 7:40am On Feb 05, 2022
AFCON 2021 Final Preview: Big showdown as Mo Salah's Egypt tackle Sadio Mane's Senegal for the title this Sunday.

Champs, the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations is coming to a close, with a month of captivating competition in Cameroon set to reach a climax when two nations compete for the right to be crowned the continental king.

24 countries, with some gracing AFCON for the first time, started out in pursuit of glory, but a battle for ultimate glory will be contested by just a pair of ambitious teams.

The AFCON 2021 final is set to be a scintillating showdown between Senegal and Egypt, and a meeting between star Liverpool strikers Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane, with the Pharaohs chasing a record-extending eighth African crown while Senegal continue their search for their first title.

Senegal defeated Burkina Faso 3-1 in the semi-final, in which Mane scored the third and final goal, while Egypt booked their spot in the final by winning a penalty shootout against Cameroon.

The 2021 Africa Cup of Nations final will take place on Sunday, February 6th, 2022 and will kick off at 8pm (Nigerian time). The battle for continental supremacy will be staged at the Olembe Stadium in Yaounde, the capital of Cameroon. Meanwhile, Cameroon will face Burkina Faso in Saturday's third-place play-off, which also kicks off at 8pm (Nigerian time).

Head over to Merrybet's Social media platforms on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for more updates & exciting promos on the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations from Merrybet, your favorite bookmaker.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:41am On Feb 05, 2022
ChrisKels:

How many opportunities was he given? Somebody that didn't play up to 90 mins total in the entire tournament and even when he played he barely received the ball. Please dead this talk.

Chuks that started all games despite playing nonsense over and over again, why did he keep getting starts? Asides from that lucky Sudan goal, Chuks offered nothing going forward in this AFCON. Guy totally killed any output from the right wing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Madrid cannot get mbappe and Haaland ,halland won’t share same team with mbappe
lol according to styl plus 'four years don waka we still dey carry go'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:00am On Feb 05, 2022
Subzero47:

He was average, he had some moments of good form but overall he was average

Na true sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:03am On Feb 05, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Love Messi far more, but he has poor leadership qualities.

When 18-year-old Xavi Simmons missed his spot kick that crashed PSG out of Coupe de France, 'was watching intently to see if Messi will console him, but he just walked off.

Also unlike Ronaldo, Messi doesn't lead the press.

Didn't watch the Boro match, but here's him consoling Elanga.

So because Messi didn’t console him he has poor leadership qualities

Una don start agenda wey Una no go fit end ,so it’s compulsory Messi must concole xavi Simmons

Ronaldo that has good leadership that always get angry if he isn’t on the score sheet

Ronaldo himself missed a pk yesterday so he needs to console Elanga because if he has done his job they won’t be time for Elanga to miss a pk tongue

What about how Cr7 doesn’t fancy Greenwood because the guy no Dey ever pass ball give am grin

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:05am On Feb 05, 2022
drDoom3:

This is why I don't like Nigerian journalists. They can be so intelligent but also so sentimental.

So Balogun and Etebo would have been solid additions to the team while Dennis who was our most in form player before the tournament wouldn't have? Ighalo who only a few months ago they were shouting for him not to come back is who they are now regarding as our savior to solve our striking issues abi? Look at how OJB disgraced himself globally some weeks ago for example.

Please, let's learn to see and say things for what they are. That is why, any day, any time, Edafe Elegbete is still my go-to Nigerian journalist even ahead of etablished juggernauts like Colin Udoh.

Sentiments wan finish all this one ,Dennis won’t have been a solid addition?

Ekuke journalist

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:06am On Feb 05, 2022
drDoom3:

How many opportunities was he given? Somebody that didn't play up to 90 mins total in the entire tournament and even when he played he barely received the ball. Please dead this talk.

Chuks that started all games despite playing nonsense over and over again, why did he keep getting starts? Asides from that lucky Sudan goal, Chuks offered nothing going forward in this AFCON. Guy totally killed any output from the right wing.

Ejuke was better than chuks at the afcon Walai

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:10am On Feb 05, 2022
Parrot69:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq30sv18N14
Insightful and professional! Thank you Colin's Udoh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:13am On Feb 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

The two flopped at Afcon and no need to say who was better.Good that Simeon came to the party and did well.If we wanted to go by rating here Ejuke was the answer,highly rated here even by me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:21am On Feb 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Seconded
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:22am On Feb 05, 2022
Kog45:
The two flopped at Afcon and no need to say who was better.Good that Simeon came to the party and did well.If we wanted to go by rating here Ejuke was the answer,highly rated here even by me.
base on the minutes they played I disagree
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 8:24am On Feb 05, 2022
drDoom3:

Err’body is entitled to their own opinion but he is one of the sports journalists NFF listens to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:28am On Feb 05, 2022
Kog45:

No sir ,I need to point who was better... E get why

Ejuke didn’t flop ,I don’t know why most of you are still angry he refused to pass the ball

He has a good game when he came on against Egypt so he didn’t flop sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Una don start agenda wey Una no go fit end ,so it’s compulsory Messi must concole xavi Simmons

Ronaldo that has good leadership that always get angry if he isn’t on the score sheet

Ronaldo himself missed a pk yesterday so he needs to console Elanga because if he has done his job they won’t be time for Elanga to miss a pk tongue
Despite Kimpebe, taking the armband that day, Messi was the captain that day.

Oldest player in the team by about 5 years.

Ronaldo is the most petty senior player you will see, but since when British media started blaming that United don't press, I've never seen him standing.

It annoys me seeing Messi standing still even after losing the ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57am On Feb 05, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Ronaldo is the most petty senior player you will see, but since when British media started blaming that United don't press, I've never seen him standing.

Don’t worry psg are pressing and Messi will be standing grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:15am On Feb 05, 2022
Mujtahida:

Toh, I only just used your own formula of 'would have, would have oo' and using the past to predict the future

Like i said., "..until it proves otherwise.."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 9:28am On Feb 05, 2022
mostob:
grin grin grin grin
Where una dey see all these comrade memes na
Just join premier league taunt group for Facebook, you go see them excess

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:28am On Feb 05, 2022
jihday:
Nawa o. Play 4 win 3 loose 1 = outdated coach. If he’s not outdated nko

We got 4 wins and 13 points from 6 games during the qualifiers.

Algeria, the best team in Africa when the draw was made got 4 wins and 14 points from 6 games. Their last game, where they only needed a draw at home against Burkina Faso, ended 2-2.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 9:38am On Feb 05, 2022
Joebie:
you watch the entire video?

If I didnt I wouldn't be commenting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:33am On Feb 05, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Love Messi far more, but he has poor leadership qualities.

When 18-year-old Xavi Simmons missed his spot kick that crashed PSG out of Coupe de France, 'was watching intently to see if Messi will console him, but he just walked off.

Also unlike Ronaldo, Messi doesn't lead the press.

Didn't watch the Boro match, but here's him consoling Elanga.
wait...are you being sarcastic with this?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2022
Parrot69:
Weldone Dangote.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0uAYaJUPkc

welldone wetin, he should get out, and free up our Economy abeg,

shame on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What about how Cr7 doesn’t fancy Greenwood because the guy no Dey ever pass ball give am grin
as in eh....I just weak. CR7 is not someone you should compare to Messi as far as leadership is concerned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:38am On Feb 05, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Oga, I've never seen Messi press the way you're putting it. You're talking as if you started watching football yesterday. Messi doesn't press, it is his style.
And CR7 is even poor in pressing.
Come on, I didn't expect this from you mate

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:40am On Feb 05, 2022
fabyom:
Insightful and professional! Thank you Colin's Udoh.

you say wetin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:45am On Feb 05, 2022
drDoom3:

Ejuke no receive ball? Chuks had a lucky goal?

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:49am On Feb 05, 2022
do4luv14:

welldone wetin, he should get out, and free up our Economy abeg,

shame on him
Which Kain yeye talk be this

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:58am On Feb 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
Which Kain yeye talk be this

we are dangerously heading toward a monopolized economy system, chaired by Dangote with his biz model, And Aided by our Govt, yet you calling it yeye talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:29am On Feb 05, 2022
do4luv14:

we are dangerously heading toward a monopolized economy system, chaired by Dangote with his biz model, And Aided by our Govt, yet you calling it yeye talk

Dead that talk abeg. If I take you up on this one we go derail the thread.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12558) (12559) (12560) (12561) (12562) (12563) (12564) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, humility33(m), Meliforme, opes, elyte89, iamdynamite(m), mkrest(m), komekn(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.