Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12639) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11737539 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12636) (12637) (12638) (12639) (12640) (12641) (12642) ... (16175) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2022
maidaboi:
with Salisu as an assistant

Mope, it's with our blue fonter as assistant
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2022
13large:
Senegal got a world class GK, defender, midfielder and forward. If dem no reach World Cup QF

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
13large:
Senegal got a world class GK, defender, midfielder and forward. If dem no reach World Cup QF

Make dem pass group stage first

They won the afcon but they only managed get past the group stage at the afcon ,they shouldn’t take such poor group performance to the World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 8:57pm On Feb 12, 2022
No caption

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2022
Senegal are parading Quality players at the best leagues in the world but cabu cabu Nigerians will requesting for backwater league players to replace the ones that are in the big 3

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:00pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:
Truth is, Koulibaly is the best CB I've seen in a long time...

My favorite CBs are below

Sergio Ramos
Koulibally
Vvd
Aymeric Laporte
Pique
Bonucci

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:01pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Most people here don’t hate abroad born players here so calm down

The few people that are against lookman is because of that our Warri guy in the Uk ,the way he talks down on naija born ,nothing else

How many people hate Ekong balogun ebuehi ? They where all born abroad and they are loved by many here

And for you ,anything wey be abroad good to you ,when they where telling you Maduka Okoye was shaky you Dey see am as hate but you later kept quiet

That's not true and you know it.

Because I didn't join many of you in a loud chorus of praising singing mediocrity and over exaggeration of of your favoured players.

You keep making this nonsensical narrative he hates Nigerian born players.

Etebo
Ighalo
Iwobi
Dennis
Onyeka
Ndidi
Awoniyi

Were all born in Peckham London and that's why I like these players.

On the contrary you have a vexatious dislike and prejudice against Nigerian origin player in England. Add to that double standard bigotry and hypocrisy.

A large number of your found nothing wrong with inviting players from the most obscure leagues, like the Scandinavian leagues, the Segundo division, Cyprus, Turkish league, etc

But go all up in arms about Nigerian origin players in the Championship, making all kinds of deragatory remark and emotive based negative deductions.

Forgetting , one of our current top performers came essentially from league one to the SE, Joe Aribo.

Many never stop hailing and singing praises of Nwakali. Who has done nothing in 7 years than be demoted to where he is now.

There are too may Nigerian players in the EPL, Championship and league one . But nothing is said about them here. And when mentioned are dismissed very quickly by a large segment of people here.

That's Naked prejudice and discrimination .

And you then point the finger at me,that I am biased.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Okay when they give salah ,collect am from salah hand

No be me Dey Incharge of the award Na just reality I Dey talk

What did mendy do if I may ask ,after just playing at the finals ?

Even this ended afcon he wasn’t the best GK ,now he is back at the Chelsea and benched kepa immediately then they should give him apoty

If caf give salah go protest after all Gabasky no complain for him award wey dem carry dash Mendy

Kepa should have been in post today ,I don’t know why tuchel had to even drop him

The only way Mendy will win it is if Liverpool go trophyless this season...

Since when did CAF start giving APOTY to defensive players? Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:05pm On Feb 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Liverpool going trophyless will only affect salah ballon d or chances and not apoty

Mendy is a classy GK ,but what did he do at the afcon that he should be awarded apoty ? Now that Chelsea fan Dey talk of club World Cup wey Baba come relax for finals .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:07pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Sergio Ramos
Koulibally
Vvd
Aymeric Laporte
Pique
Bonucci

Mine are :
VVD
Bonucci
Alana
Ramos
Laporte
Silva...

The fvcktards that sat on the round table and planned to buy maguire the fridge will never make it to heaven. Hell is their portion. Wicked people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:09pm On Feb 12, 2022
"Segundo division" grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:15pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Okay when they give salah ,collect am from salah hand

No be me Dey Incharge of the award Na just reality I Dey talk

What did mendy do if I may ask ,after just playing at the finals ?

Even this ended afcon he wasn’t the best GK ,now he is back at the Chelsea and benched kepa immediately then they should give him apoty

If caf give salah go protest after all Gabasky no complain for him award wey dem carry dash Mendy

Kepa should have been in post today ,I don’t know why tuchel had to even drop him
Oga I don tell you say dem go give who dem go give but your statement wey you talk say Mendy no deserve APOTY na im I dey tackle
Give me reasons why you think Salah deserves it and Mendy does not
What did Salah do to deserve it?
Base on achievement within the pass one year who deserve am pass between Mendy and Salah?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:16pm On Feb 12, 2022
Iwobi was monstrous today. I couldn't believe this is the same Iwobi I watched with my own eyes playing the creative role to perfection..

We have good players honestly. Zaidu played yesterday against Sporting Lisbon in the Portuguese classico and he was awesome. He hit the post with a thunderous volley..

Chukwueze lined up RM defenders like he's selling ice cream but couldn't break down Tunisia... Football is a funny game.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

No one said Next Pirlo. That is coming from your animosity towards Kelechi Nwakali. I have told you to stop thinking better. That is one thing I like about football. It teaches you about life.

People have their strengths and weakness. Kelechi Nwakali's strength is that he knows the passing game. He has the natural instinct for it and was lucky to have trained with Amunike as the pivot of his team for over four years.

Eguavoen does not think Nwakali is better than Onyeka or Aribo. Hardly will you find a coach thinking like that. He will work with a strategic plan and pick players that will fit into the tactics.

As for starting against Ghana, let the coaching crew draft an effective strategy and select the best for each role. If Nwakali best fits, so be it. If not, those who suit should play.

It's not animosity it's objective appraisal based on FACTS not your personal emotive preference.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:
Iwobi was monstrous today. I couldn't believe this is the same Iwobi I watched with my own eyes playing the creative role to perfection..

We have good players honestly. Zaidu played yesterday against Sporting Lisbon in the Portuguese classico and he was awesome. He hit the post with a thunderous volley..

Chukwueze lined up RM defenders like he's selling ice cream but couldn't break down Tunisia... Football is a funny game.

We’re just one more stage away from being at literally the best clubs in the world I.e Chelsea, Man city Liverpool, Barcelona, Real Madrid, psg, BM, juventus. Right now, our best players are playing at the equivalent of a Round of 16 World Cup and QF at best level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:18pm On Feb 12, 2022
13large:

You prefer an inexperienced player at a backwater league to someone that has proved himself at the biggest stage in the world? You’re a dunce. Let amoo go can prove himself at a bigger league before he can think of benching chukwueze. If chukwueze was playing in Swedish or danish league, how many goals would he be scoring in a season

Agreed without question

Although I don't think he is dunce maybe a bit misguided and a Dundee United.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

Mine are :
VVD
Bonucci
Alana
Ramos
Laporte
Silva...

The fvcktards that sat on the round table and planned to buy maguire the fridge will never make it to heaven. Hell is their portion. Wicked people.

I like Thiago Silva so much also

Please who is alana ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I like Thiago Silva so much also

Please who is alana ?

Meant to type Alaba. Typo jare.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2022
komekn:

It's not animosity it's objective appraisal based on FACTS not your personal emotive preference.

I doubt you got the point. No one called Kelechi Nwakali the next Pirlo, so there was no need for that.

So can you tell us the objectivity in that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:22pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

If Lampard finishes with him ehn, im afraid he may get his middle role by June. Cos what i saw today no be 'he's riding on uncle's fame'

Plus lamps is adding some detailed aspect to his decision making. Iwobi will be on fire in 4months time.

Meanwhile, Chuks dey drag Marcelo like beans. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:23pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joebie:
He played LW in that Liverpool game I think judging from the minutes I watched

I didn't see that game. Hope he wasn't average?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Raymond Bwanga Tshimen - Defender, Congo

Thomas N’Kono - Goalkeeper, Cameroon

Ezzaki Badou - Goalkeeper, Morocco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:27pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Liverpool going trophyless will only affect salah ballon d or chances and not apoty

Mendy is a classy GK ,but what did he do at the afcon that he should be awarded apoty ? Now that Chelsea fan Dey talk of club World Cup wey Baba come relax for finals .

Mendy nor deserve that award rara. He wasn't extraordinary at the AFCON... Dude is blessed to have great CBs covering him.. Salah is the favorite, and Mane next in the line. Mahrez or Mendy, could also make the top 3, but Salah and Mane remain favorites. Osimhen should make the top 10..

With no sentiment, I'll put the 2019 & 2020 African Youth Player of the Year award winner "Achraf Hakimi" on top of the list. Dude is a beast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:30pm On Feb 12, 2022
Osimhen don cause 4 Pks this season. Nobody in top europe club football has done that this season. And its definitely not going to be his last. He can statpad like Jorginho/Bruno did that year

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
daveP:

If Lampard finishes with him ehn, im afraid he may get his middle role by June. Cos what i saw today no be 'he's riding on uncle's fame'

Plus lamps is adding some detailed aspect to his decision making. Iwobi will be on fire in 4months time.

Meanwhile, Chuks dey drag Marcelo like beans. grin

I pray he keeps playing like this. Iwobi is doing well. He was one of the few good performers we had at the AFCON. All I know is that it'll be difficult for Dele Alli to bench Iwobi if Iwobi keeps his form. They just blew £40M for nothing.

Thing is Marcelo is a useless defender at this point in his career and with Mendy injured RM on’t have a choice. Chuks abused him well well like say he resemble Tunisian. grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2022
Joezinho:

Zaidu Na boss ,the Brazil guy wey dem talk say go bench am no bench am

I only don’t rate his crossing of the ball

Chukwueze had a bad afcon ,but he has always been a good player against Laliga top teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:44pm On Feb 12, 2022
Sadiq Umar celebrating before the ball leaves his head. What confidence does.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Sergio Ramos
Koulibally
Vvd
Aymeric Laporte
Pique
Bonucci
Omeruo nko?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
daveP:
Osimhen don cause 4 Pks this season. Nobody in top europe club football has done that this season. And its definitely not going to be his last. He can statpad like Jorginho/Bruno did that year

Painful he is not the PK taker

Jorginho is a poor man Mikel with pk duties

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:49pm On Feb 12, 2022
Neobulletzz:

Raymond Bwanga Tshimen - Defender, Congo

Thomas N’Kono - Goalkeeper, Cameroon

Ezzaki Badou - Goalkeeper, Morocco

How many years ago dem this one win the award cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Omeruo nko?

cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:50pm On Feb 12, 2022
Meliforme:

No.
They said that Joe Aribo can be deployed as a DLP.
TheGoodJoe said no and i supported him.

I just wanted them to see who a DLP is.
I mentioned you to see if you can add anything to my narrative or present a contrary view.

Joe Aribo a goal-scoring and assist-giving midfielder, but not a playmaker. Similar to Dele Alli.

Nwakali Nigeria's truest Deep Lying playmaker. Etebo another one capable there.

How can man go contrary? When TheGoodJoe proposes, very few can contest.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12636) (12637) (12638) (12639) (12640) (12641) (12642) ... (16175) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ikanium(m), shawwal1(m), jihday(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.