Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,570 members, 7,847,378 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:33 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11844851 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12757) (12758) (12759) (12760) (12761) (12762) (12763) ... (16241) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2022
Blueelf:
The Ghanaians are coming to play against us with ill-wil

They would try to take out our best players by injuring them. Eguaveon should tell his boys to be direct in this game. This isn't a game for showboating. Else they want to bag career ending injuries

But I forsee a thought game that might even end 1-0 on aggregate

Liverpool to drop point against west ham

This I have seen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
hatakekakashi:
Udogie with a goal

God abeg may Italy nor steal this boy from our hand

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:58pm On Mar 05, 2022
Stormtrooper11:
Can someone please tell me why Dessers, Alhassan and Akpoguma weren't invited? What's wrong with them? Are they poor?

Look at Dessers goals this season , he had been a sub all season and scored 4 goals it's not good enough.

Akpoguma is not better than Calvin and Alhasssan has a long way to go to prove his quality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:59pm On Mar 05, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
the funniest thing is that we where actually the youngest team at the the 2018 world cup but now young players should wait for their time grin grin grin

Officially speaking the youngest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:10pm On Mar 05, 2022
Just listening to twitter space with Colin Udoh about the squad for the WcQ.

Claims some sources in the NFF told him three of the players in the squad were probably chosen without the coaches really asking for them.

Also claims "Jibola" was selected by the higher ups for the AFCON not really Equavoen.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2022
For once I agree with you.

komekn:

Look at Dessers goals this season , he had been a sub all season and scored 4 goals it's not good enough.

Akpoguma is not better than Calvin and Alhasssan has a long way to go to prove his quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 6:24pm On Mar 05, 2022
chrisooblog:

Claims some sources in the NFF told him three of the players in the squad were probably chosen without the coaches really asking for them.

Also claims "Jibola" was selected by the higher ups for the AFCON not really Equavoen.

So they've been forcing players on the coach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:47pm On Mar 05, 2022
Meanwhile Tammy Abraham is the first English striker to score 20 goals in Europe top leagues this season

I hope he makes it to the World Cup and keep up with his Roma good form ,13th seria A goal of the season for him already as Roma lead Atlanta

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
komekn:

Alhassan Yusuf does not have a long way to go. He is doing very well for Royal Antwerp and has 2 man of the match awards. The Belgian league is rated higher than the Scottish league and yet you rate players in rangers such as Calvin basset above him.
I repeat Alhassan Yusuf deserves to be in our midfield. In 2020 he was rated as one of the best ball distributors under the age of 21.
It's ridiculous he is not in the team

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 7:10pm On Mar 05, 2022
Philosopher1979:

Alhassan Yusuf does not have a long way to go. He is doing very well for Royal Antwerp and has 2 man of the match awards. The Belgian league is rated higher than the Scottish league and yet you rate players in rangers such as Calvin basset above him.
I repeat Alhassan Yusuf deserves to be in our midfield. In 2020 he was rated as one of the best ball distributors under the age of 21.

The Belgium league isn’t rated higher than the Scottish league

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2022
chrisooblog:

When i was saying here that even Rohr selection wasn’t fully his, many didn’t believe. E get anything wey nff no dey interfere with? Even dressing room o!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2022
komekn:

Akpoguma is better than Calvin who plays for a team that’s the English league one standard

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:37pm On Mar 05, 2022
Philosopher1979:

Una don start ?

Dem give una amoo una still Dey find alhassan yusuf

Smh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
chrisooblog:

We have been hearing about this same news. Even from the time of Otto Gloria. Every time it's always NFA imposed this player and that player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Akpoguma is better than Calvin who plays for a team that’s the English league one standard
According to Komekn's Law of League ratings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
Philosopher1979:

he has a long way to go because he his not coming in to be a starter, and Scottish league is ranked number 9 while Belgium league is number 13 so the Scottish league is ahead tell me who alhassan will displace In the team because right now nwakali will even get a place ahead of him maybe you can tell us the special skill set he has wey know other Nigeria players get like general nwakali grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Meanwhile Tammy Abraham is the first English striker to score 20 goals in Europe top leagues this season

I hope he makes it to the World Cup and keep up with his Roma good form ,13th seria A goal of the season for him already as Roma lead Atlanta

Mourinho, my manchi..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:05pm On Mar 05, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
he has a long way to go because he his not coming in to be a starter, and Scottish league is ranked number 9 while Belgium league is number 13 so the Scottish league is ahead tell me who alhassan will displace In the team because right now nwakali will even get a place ahead of him maybe you can tell us the special skill set he has wey know other Nigeria players get like general nwakali grin grin grin
But sometimes I don't know how they rank these leagues because I go watch some Scottish League match and it's not better than what I watch at Lekan Salami stadium when Shooting Stars play

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

16 years. Amokachi was 16 years when he was invited to camp by Clemens Westerhoff.

If Gavi can make his debut for Spain at 17 years, and do well, then Amoo at 19 years is not too young to get a chance for us.

Finito.

There some things we know and pretend not to know.

Gavi we know his age because in Spain there is automatic data capture at birth.

Amokachi was not a teenager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
chrisooblog:

Money changing hands within NFF.
Jibola is supposed to be Semi Ajayi, right?
Poor Ejuke...
Wahala for who no get godfather for Naija. If you no get GODFATHER then get GOD as your FATHER. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:23pm On Mar 05, 2022
Odunayaw:
But sometimes I don't know how they rank these leagues because I go watch some Scottish League match and it's not better than what I watch at Lekan Salami stadium when Shooting Stars play
grin grin grin na only people wey dey rank the thing know as Dem dey do am o e no dey look pure sometimes wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
comodo:

According to Komekn's Law of League ratings

Akpoguma is not outstanding in his league on the other hand Calvin is outstanding in both club , Scottish premier and in the Euro Champions league.

No contradiction just FACTS

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2022
solonnachi:

Money changing hands within NFF. Jibola is supposed to be Semi Ajayi, right?

which Semi, Jibola is Kelechi Nwakali

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2022
komekn:

There some things we know and pretend not to know.

Gavi we know his age because in Spain there is automatic data capture at birth.

Amokachi was not a teenager.

Are you Amokachi's father to know he was not a teenager.

I have told you before but because of your deep bias, you hide from the truth.

When Westerhoff invited Amokachi to the camp, he told Westerhoff that he was a small boy. Westerhoff had to convince him that he can do well in the camp.

Is that the mentality of someone who is not a teenager?

Whether it pains you or not, Amokachi was sixteen and his reaction to the invitation camp shows this. A player at 18 would jump at the opportunity. Amokachi did not want to go because he was too small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:46pm On Mar 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Coutinho back in the epl and now playing well

Una see say that league take style easy

Physicality yen yen yen grin

Okay.

Balance the equation by telling us how Adama has suddenly found his form in Spain too..
Oya...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:48pm On Mar 05, 2022
Odunayaw:

Its basically about one club moving further in European competition to boost their league rank..

Rangers is the team boosting the Scottish league rank, and that's largely due to the good works Gerrard did with them, cus Celtics has been absolute rubbish the past decade...
Realistically, the quality football in the Scottish league is whack.. Try watching any game not involving Celtics and Rangers and you will be sure to doze off ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin na only people wey dey rank the thing know as Dem dey do am o e no dey look pure sometimes wink

All these things are mathematical...
Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it isn't controlled by one individual...So it's impossible to manipulate...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
komekn:

Akpoguma is not outstanding in his league on the other hand Calvin is outstanding in both club , Scottish premier and in the Euro Champions league.

No contradiction just FACTS

Bro which kind FACT carry Calvin Bassey go Champions Leagues?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2022
Danielnino00:

Okay.

Balance the equation by telling us how Adama has suddenly found his form in Spain too..
Oya...

Adama is playing for a better Barcelona so his stats is supposed to improve with the type of football Barca play

Na still the same pace e Dey give epl defenders e still Dey give Laliga defenders ,Barca forwards have been converting chances unlike the ones at wolves ,but still on still his end product is still poor sha

I am throwing a diss at some people here ,you self know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2022
chrisooblog:

una don see am? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:20pm On Mar 05, 2022
Papi85:
una don see am? cheesy

Speculations, not facts.

Eguavoen already said before the list that he liked Nwakali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 9:21pm On Mar 05, 2022
Papi85:
una don see am? cheesy
na This kind News dey high you like pami grin grin grin,emekus I know you go still collect general nwakali signed jersey one dey and na you go still use your mouth talk am for here, na that time you go see vawulence wey u dey find grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12757) (12758) (12759) (12760) (12761) (12762) (12763) ... (16241) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: superbloke(m), Philosopher1979, Christinu2, cromz(m), lebuhsi(m), liver123(m), akwesenana and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.