Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,640 members, 7,847,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 12:01 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12779) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11846869 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12776) (12777) (12778) (12779) (12780) (12781) (12782) ... (16242) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 8:44am On Mar 10, 2022
Naija next big money move: Aribo, Simon, Dennis or Sadiq? Personally I think Aribo is sure to move for around 15 mil. If Sadie moves, it will be for ~25 mil, Dennis and Simon too ~15 mil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:56am On Mar 10, 2022
Subzero47:
Unpopular Man city Opinion

Mahrez has not gotten better from his 2015/16 league winning season, he has actually gotta worse

So how come he is enjoying his best season ever?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:00am On Mar 10, 2022
do4luv14:

correct Jose go wire sense enter em head, those em dribbles go get better end product by force

Also, Mourinho is one of the most loyal managers. Once he trusts your mentality, you're undroppable.

Once you become indispensable under Mourinho, the rest is history.

Also Roma don't have a left winger. Afena inconsistent. SHARAWARY no.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

cheesy cheesy

Chai the greatest player ever

We need to appreciate benzema

All Madrid goals were defensive errors, PSG bossed them completely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:03am On Mar 10, 2022
jihday:
if your head is knocked it will echo because it’s empty. If any club had genuine interest in Tosin, fulham will do business. You keep talking like you talking to kids who know nothing about football.

Best insult I've seen. Respect.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:46am On Mar 10, 2022
Subzero47:

Well I said worse not worst
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47am On Mar 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Rating players quality by salary is pure foolishness and stupidity

Na night school you go Walai

Go and check pedri and Araujo salary compared to some other players then you will no it’s not by salary

You claim to know too much but you know nothing ,stop disgracing yourself

Why would you come to the conclusion that rating players by salary is pure foolishness.

At the end of the day in general quality players command higher salaries. I am not saying that should be the only consideration.

But salary is indicative, because better clubs want better players cand are prepared to pay more to get the players they want.

I agree there are cases of manipulations and over exaggeration but in general better players end up in better clubs and get paid more.

Finally, at the end of the day football is a very short term career and you need to maximize your income to the highest level possible before it's over. Players follow the money and the best players get more money .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2022
Karlovych:
Kepa earns more than Mendy, does that make Kepa better than Mendy?

Hudson Odoi earns more than Gnabry does that make Odoi better than Gnabry?

Look at the way 80M pound Maguire is disgracing himself despite his huge wages.

The EPL is notorious for overpaying players regardless of their actual talent.

I would say in general money is a determinating component in getting the best players.

But it's not the only unit to measure quality but in general once again it's very indicative. There will always be mistakes and projection expectations that goes wrong. It's very normal.

Is Gnabry better than Hudson, l really don't know. However, what is very apparent players who struggle in the EPL often go to the Bundesliga and become outstanding, e.g. Sancho, Batshuayi, Ademola, Nelson, etc.

As a consequence it's difficult to say, because if you put Hudson-Odio in the Bundesliga he will do s lot better. But if you put Gnabry in the EPL I don't think he will have the same dominance he has in the Bundesliga.

What is even very clear is most players struggle to replicate the same form in the Bundesliga when they come to the EPL. This is much more pronounced with forward players. Because Rudiger is an exception although he has a lot of time to learn since he arrived in 2017.

On the other hand Timo, Havertz have been DISSAPOINTING consider that Timo is on near £300k a week.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:08am On Mar 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Best insult I've seen. Respect.

I replied to Jihday and exposed his crass ineptitude and ignorance. You have shown yours as well in thinking it's an insult.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2022
do4luv14:

correct Jose go wire sense enter em head, those em dribbles go get better end product by force

Manchester city don't have time for unnecessary dribbling, show boating and skill, everything must have END PRODUCT.

Mahrez has improved immensely with end product.

Football has moved on and dribbling be aimlessly be will not get you far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:23am On Mar 10, 2022
Karlovych:
Which EpL clubs? This is a player that has only 1 season of top level football under him and didn't even play up the the England U21s.

For the last time stop rating players based on their wages, some league 1 players earn more than Bundesliga players does that make them better?

Can you be objective and SUBSTANSIVE ❓

You are taking my deductions out of context. In general what people (football clubs) are prepared to pay for you is a good indicator of your quality.

Sometimes mistakes are made for a host of reasons , injuries mid season and you pay over the odds to get your player in desperation.

Pepe cost how much ? But small boy Saka has benched him . He had been unable to replicate his outstanding form in French League 1.

Manchester United paid way too much for Harry Maguire ,he is a good defender bit he has lost form and some of his handicaps have shown he isn't good enough for Manchester United.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:35am On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

Why would you come to the conclusion that rating players by salary is pure foolishness.

At the end of the day in general quality players command higher salaries. I am not saying that should be the only consideration.

But salary is indicative, because better clubs want better players cand are prepared to pay more to get the players they want.

I agree there are cases of manipulations and over exaggeration but in general better players end up in better clubs and get paid more.

Finally, at the end of the day football is a very short term career and you need to maximize your income to the highest level possible before it's over. Players follow the money and the best players get more money .
Rating players by what they earn is foolishness plus stupidity

Jadon sancho is earning more than Mohammed salah ,I guess that makes sancho better than salah

You capped nonsense

Chop your L in peace and keep your mouth shut

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:43am On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

I would say in general money is a determinating component in getting the best players.

But it's not the only unit to measure quality but in general once again it's very indicative. There will always be mistakes and projection expectations that goes wrong. It's very normal.

Is Gnabry better than Hudson, l really don't know. However, what is very apparent players who struggle in the EPL often go to the Bundesliga and become outstanding, e.g. Sancho, Batshuayi, Ademola, Nelson, etc.

As a consequence it's difficult to say, because if you put Hudson-Odio in the Bundesliga he will do s lot better. But if you put Gnabry in the EPL I don't think he will have the same dominance he has in the Bundesliga.

What is even very clear is most players struggle to replicate the same form in the Bundesliga when they come to the EPL. This is much more pronounced with forward players. Because Rudiger is an exception although he has a lot of time to learn since he arrived in 2017.

On the other hand Timo, Havertz have been DISSAPOINTING consider that Timo is on near £300k a week.

Asking if gnabry is better than Hudson shows you don’t really watch football ,maybe you only watch the championship and league one

For your info ,gnabry is far far far better than average Hudson odoi

Timo is earning close to 300k and have been disappointing but you didn’t use your common sense not to rate players by what they earn

You don’t need to put gnabry in the epl before he will show you what he can do ,he scored 4 goals against spurs in the champions leagues their home shows how easy he will find it against ekuke teams like Norwich and co grin

Gnabry have been a big performer in the champions league on a steady but you don’t rate him because he is not playing at the epl

Well rudiger joined Chelsea from seria A and not the bundesliga ,he has been an average player till Thomas tuchel arrived Chelsea

Another reason why I said you don’t watch football ,you just keep exposing yourself ,so if dem Dey talk about epl plahers wey go bundesliga perform your go mention ademola lookman cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

You are taking my deductions out of context. In general what people (football clubs) are prepared to pay for you is a good indicator of your quality.

Sometimes mistakes are made for a host of reasons , injuries mid season and you pay over the odds to get your player in desperation.

Pepe cost how much ? But small boy Saka has benched him . He had been unable to replicate his outstanding form in French League 1.

Manchester United paid way too much for Harry Maguire ,he is a good defender bit he has lost form and some of his handicaps have shown he isn't good enough for Manchester United.

Hazard one of the best player in the epl cost how much ? But he is being benched by average players like asensio and rodrygo grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:46am On Mar 10, 2022
Chief how far I hear say your HEgoat pulled a John Cena yesterday?

It's like PSG bought the full package Messi of falling hand in UCL. Proper legend cry

andrewbaba44:

Ballon d or don end for Messi already nah ,even if he wasn’t out self he can’t win it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:51am On Mar 10, 2022
chrisooblog:
Chief how far I hear say your HEgoat pulled a John Cena yesterday?

It's like PSG bought the full package Messi of falling hand in UCL. Proper legend cry

Madrid won

Nothing like Messi falling hand

He remains the greatest ever and there is nothing anyone can to about that ,troll while it last grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:54am On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

Manchester city don't have time for unnecessary dribbling, dgie boating and skill, everything must have END PRODUCT.

Mahrez has improved immensely with end product.

Football has moved on and dribbling be aimlessly be will not get you far.

correct and on point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Also, Mourinho is one of the most loyal managers. Once he trusts your mentality, you're undroppable.

Once you become indispensable under Mourinho, the rest is history.

Also Roma don't have a left winger. Afena inconsistent. SHARAWARY no.

Drogba and Costa, including our own Mikel can attest to that,

but Jose of recently had gotten a little soft,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:57am On Mar 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Madrid won

Nothing like Messi falling hand

He remains the greatest ever and there is nothing anyone can to about that ,troll while it last grin

Can you say same about CR7
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:57am On Mar 10, 2022
Haba what kind of world class capping is this na!

Gnabry that was part of the Bayern squad that flogged everybody senseless with goals and assists in 2020 UCL is who you're saying you can't say if he's better than Fraudson Odoi? You love to cherry pick players who will fit your narrative but will develop glaucoma when the examples of Aubameyang, Fuchs and Son come up as players who were in the Bundesliga that came and conquered the EPL.

komekn:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:02am On Mar 10, 2022
do4luv14:

Can you say same about CR7

He is a great player but not on same level with Messi

Na this truth still Dey pain people grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2022
do4luv14:

Why won’t Jose be soft when he is now coaching Roma

You want make him see himself for boavista soon ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:25am On Mar 10, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Why won’t Jose be soft when he is now coaching Roma

You want make him see himself for boavista soon ?

he had been soft since that Hazard and Carmen incidence, that's what affect him at both Man United and Spur
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:33am On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

Isn't Maguire on 190k a week again? According to you he is better than Ruben Dias, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, Koulibaly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2022
mostob:
i don't think so. In leceister,he was like a star along Vardy, he was their talisman. But the qualities in man city team is not allowing him to stand out. Mahrez still dey ball abeg

Isn't De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Foden standing out at Man city, 15/16 Mahrez was as good if not better than most of them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

So how come he is enjoying his best season ever?

He has been enjoying his best goalscoring season but this is not his best season by any stretch if you consider his non-goal scoring stats this may be his worst season in a long time

This illustration shows it, he was very much uninvolved against Man U except from two well taken goals (number 26)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2022
Subzero47:

Isn't Maguire on 190k a week again? According to you he is better than Ruben Dias, Thiago Silva, Rudiger, Koulibaly

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don’t mind him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:00pm On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

I replied to Jihday and exposed his crass ineptitude and ignorance. You have shown yours as well in thinking it's an insult.

Brother, I'm not against you or for him.

I'm just stating he crafted the offensive so well, it sounded more humorous than derogatory.

Take it how you want, mate, but that's an insult.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
do4luv14:

You probably don't watch him at Roma.

Didn't like Smalling when he came, man has gained his trust and is undroppable now.

Wanted Sergio Olivera, but now benches him because he hasn't convinced him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:15pm On Mar 10, 2022
Subzero47:

He has been enjoying his best goalscoring season but this is not his best season by any stretch if you consider his non-goal scoring stats this may be his worst season in a long time

This illustration shows it, he was very much uninvolved against Man U except from two well taken goals (number 26)

Why are you concluding his whole season on a single game?

Only Foden and Gabriel Jesus are involved in the immediate buildup to a goal per 90 than Mahrez. (10+ starts)

He is even higher than Bernando, who is a pre-assist merchant and KDB in the form of his live.

If you tilt towards key passes per 90, he is third at City behind only KDB and Grealish.

What else do you want from a winger?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04pm On Mar 10, 2022
British people are known for double standards

This is pure day light robbery against Abramovich and Chelsea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2022
komekn:

Saka came from Arsenal youth team and made it to the first team ahead of Pepe because he was performing better.

Adarabioyo came from Man City youth team where he failed to make an impact and is now at Fulham. If he was all that special why did no epl team sign him? Or he preferred to play at his level at Fulham.

We all saw he comedic errors while he was in the epl with them, there is nothing special about him

As for Maguire, no amount of excuse you give can change the fact that he is an overrated fraud and it has nothing to do with injury or loss of form.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12776) (12777) (12778) (12779) (12780) (12781) (12782) ... (16242) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), TradingGod and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.