Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,903 members, 7,852,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12829) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11877796 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12826) (12827) (12828) (12829) (12830) (12831) (12832) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 11:33am On Mar 20, 2022
jasena:
I just found out that Ghanaian coach addo
Iwas a former assistant coach of Hamburg and borrusia Dortmund, now teaming up with Chris hughton to try to secure Ghana's ticket to the world cup. Somehow, I feel this match will be decided more by the tactical experience of the coaching crew than on the talents on the pitch.

But I which clueless eguavaon good luck

Bro ,no b coach dey play ball ,na d players having said DT..d game will b so close,it would be 50/50...my opinion cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2022
M7even:

That's a lie we started enjoying enyeama from get-go, his 2002 World Cup debut against England still lives fresh in our memories. The home based goalkeeper up against all mighty three lion squad. I remember the save he made from a Paul scholes shot. That experience at the World Cup literarily transformed him, he became Enyimba's top goalie leading them to back to back CAF glory. His weakness was his penalty deficiencies which he improved on subsequently at the AFCON where he saved two penalties against Tunisia. In the World Cup match against Argentina at 2010 and 2014 he was arguably the man of the match. Messi walked up to him to shake hands.

Bros in afcon 2004 Enyeama we saw was a bit of an upgraded version of shaky okoye... The penalty shootout against Tunisian he made so many wrong reading and wrong move towards penalty direction... but he came back better stronger and more experienced against the same Tunisia in 2006... From there he announced his goalkeeping masterclass to the world... We saw him replicate same penalty shootout against Zambia.. we saw him replicate brilliant saves against Messi in 2010 2014... We saw him leading Nigeria to the African glory in 2013...
so to me we started enjoying eyeama from African 2006

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:41am On Mar 20, 2022
M7even:

It's one thing to defend okoye , but then it's another thing to push his blame on another person. What kind of goalkeeper trainer were the likes of Ike shoromu , Vincent enyeama and ikema having while they were replicating confidence inspiring performances.

My prayers are that he has improved , I want a man of the match performance from him, it's not too much to ask for. Others do it. But I pray the Ghanaian side do not peg us down so much that we will need our goal keeper to inspire us to a favorable result.

I understand you, but look at it, Ikeme was an oldies, experienced keeper before coming, Enyeama had to understudy Ike before taking over as a young goalie, then later OK was Enyeama trainer at NT

from what's that guy name sef, had forgotten, to Akpeyi, to Uzoho and now Okoye, we can decide to try new method by replacing Agu, or still call up all, and any keeper we like, without a good trainer, they Weill continue to make mistakes and
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 12:04pm On Mar 20, 2022
komekn:

How do you know that ❓How many Nigerian origin players in England have you spoken too ❓❓

Your final paragraph is befuddled and doesn't make any sense to me.
Gabby Agbonlahor
Tammy Abraham
Dele Alli
Nedum Onuoha
Fikayo Tomori
Eberechi Eze
Michael Olise are all English-Nigerians

Players like Matty Cash accepted call up from Poland despite speaking zero Polish
Callum Styles has been called up Hungary (doesn't speak the language)
George Baldock will be called up by Greece (doesn't speak the language)
Ashley Barnes accepted Austria call up before the country's strict nationality requirements ruled him out.
You didn't hear any of them giving excuses of wanting more time like majority of English-Nigerian players

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2022
Na Ebuehi wey get injury play 45 minutes for last game and has started today

Person get 1 week injury dem use scope comot am to put shehu there grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
Joebie:
One thing I can tell ya all is Nigeria is going to the World Cup and Ghana is not. Bookmark this

Easy Sir.

You predicted that Nigeria will fall to Egypt, we saw the converse.
You predicted that Nigeria will rout Tunisia. we were beaten.

I want us to defeat Ghana, but you coming out to prophesy our win will not make me doubt our triumph. Maybe your prophesy will work this time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2022
Innocent Bonke called up to replace Ndidi

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:36pm On Mar 20, 2022
Subzero47:

Gbam

I am sure they never prepared for ndidi getting injured ,it’s all clear that Onazi as a back up Na Wetin we self no fit understand ,they all know he isn’t good enough at all

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2022
do4luv14:

I understand you, but look at it, Ikeme was an oldies, experienced keeper before coming, Enyeama had to understudy Ike before taking over as a young goalie, then later OK was Enyeama trainer at NT

from what's that guy name sef, had forgotten, to Akpeyi, to Uzoho and now Okoye, we can decide to try new method by replacing Agu, or still call up all, and any keeper we like, without a good trainer, they Weill continue to make mistakes and
The coaching crew have a lot work to do, Akpeyi is almost 36 and at none of the current goalkeepers we have at the moment can guarantee you 8/10 displays on a regular basis unless we decide to be patient with the young ones we have right now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Na Ebuehi wey get injury play 45 minutes for last game and has started today

Person get 1 week injury dem use scope comot am to put shehu there grin

Ebuehi is one of the FBs who is very passionate about playing for Nigeria since Rorh begged him. He has played passionately whenever called upon, I believe he's not been treated fairly, starting from Rohr to now Egu. To even think that he's classic, to he replaced by one non-product I've player in the name of multiple roles. Pains me though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
Subzero47:

He's always in good form for his club but when he comes to SE he turns to basket that's the point, Uzoho has always been better than him for the SE but don't worry you go see him on Saturday grin

Na this same complaint people been dey make of Mikel and then Ndidi once upon a time.

Una go dey alright.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
Subzero47:

Na wa ọ

Dem really just put Onazi name to trigger people.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:16pm On Mar 20, 2022
Victor Osimhen's post match interview after his brace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY8aQsK65Ik

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Na wa ọ

Dem really just put Onazi name to trigger people.

Trigger who ?

Abi nff don Dey chase clout cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2022
Karlovych:
The coaching crew have a lot work to do, Akpeyi is almost 36 and at none of the current goalkeepers we have at the moment can guarantee you 8/10 displays on a regular basis unless we decide to be patient with the young ones we have right now.

that's the point, are we patient, nope we are not,

look at the goalkeepers, Maduka had been in action since after Afcon, going on to keep 3cleansheets in a roll, can same be said of Uzoho who majority had been calling to replace Maduka?

Akpeyi don't knewof his club situations, since after Afcon,

of the 3, only two are young, while one is aged,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:30pm On Mar 20, 2022
jasena:
I just found out that Ghanaian coach addo
Iwas a former assistant coach of Hamburg and borrusia Dortmund, now teaming up with Chris hughton to try to secure Ghana's ticket to the world cup. Somehow, I feel this match will be decided more by the tactical experience of the coaching crew than on the talents on the pitch.

But I which clueless eguavaon good luck

age grade team and Assistance coach my man
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2022
One problem we had was that these our new set of young goalkeepers had no one to understudy.
We had the likes of ike shorunmu understudying Peter Rufai before staking a claim as the number one
Enyeama understudying ike shorunmu before staking a claim as the number one GK
Austin ejide and Aiyenugba always working hand-in-hand with enyeama..
The likes of okoye and uzoho do not have the privilege of understudying any of our goalkeeper legend on their active field duty.. the more reason we should give both of them chance to keep improving

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:45pm On Mar 20, 2022
Biko, who sew this suit for De Kelechi?

The fit is odd, abi na my eye?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2022
minfelix:
One problem we had was that these our new set of young goalkeepers had no one to understudy.
We had the likes of ike shorunmu understudying Peter Rufai before staking a claim as the number one
Enyeama understudying ike shorunmu before staking a claim as the number one GK
Austin ejide and Aiyenugba always working hand-in-hand with enyeama..
The likes of okoye and uzoho do not have the privilege of understudying any of our goalkeeper legend on their active field duty.. the more reason we should give both of them chance to keep improving

Oliseh came and chased away Enyeama, then Ikeme was the hurried replacement that cancer collected, before we had to scramble and ended up with these younger players.

If Pinnick was a decent human being, he should have brought in Ikeme to the Technical Crew and sent Alloy Agu on sabbatical, but because NFF, like everything Nigerian, is corrupt and tainted, Pinnick just left Agu to continue collecting money while pretending to be a goalkeeper trainer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2022
safarigirl:

Oliseh came and chased away Enyeama, then Ikeme was the hurried replacement that cancer collected, before we had to scramble and ended up with these younger players.

If Pinnick was a decent human being, he should have brought in Ikeme to the Technical Crew and sent Alloy Agu on sabbatical, but because NFF, like everything Nigerian, is corrupt and tainted, Pinnick just left Agu to continue collecting money while pretending to be a goalkeeper trainer.

A gk trainers job in d national team is just to keep d gkeepers into top shape prior to a game or tournament as d case maybe and not to teach d keeper rudiments of aw to man the post,NO...majority of DT is done at d club level,

Abi shey na 3days to a game will d national team gk trainer will impact all his knowledge into his trainee?...d fact still remains dt our gk are mediocres and dey re not gud enuf..period

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2022
Ejuke won a pk and kayode scored today

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2022
Enugu vs Lobi stars 8 goal thriller for those who like. Enugu probably play the best football in the NPFL but their defense is suspect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrLgsQFbQss

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Gbam

I am sure they never prepared for ndidi getting injured ,it’s all clear that Onazi as a back up Na Wetin we self no fit understand ,they all know he isn’t good enough at all
the Onazi em self no get shame
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2022
Our legends their Mates are coaching top club in Europe ,even if na top African job make dem get ,well not every ex player should be a coach sha

Why can’t they be inspired by George weah Samuel eto or Didier drogba ?

Endorsing Tinubu is the best thing to do

Look at how taribo is using all his strength to pray for Tinubu,Baba just Dey look am one kind grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2022
Leicester vs Brentford: iheanacho start, Onyeka on the bench, Ndidi and Lookman missing from the match day squad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2022
Are you ok Sir? Is saving a penalty any of the top criteria for judging a goalkeeper? Can a good goalkeeper not get better? The fact that he made those saves in the 2010/2014 world cup doesn't make him any less good prior. He just got better and better with age. Enyeama aged well, unlike most of those that came before him.
minfelix:

Bros in afcon 2004 Enyeama we saw was a bit of an upgraded version of shaky okoye... The penalty shootout against Tunisian he made so many wrong reading and wrong move towards penalty direction... but he came back better stronger and more experienced against the same Tunisia in 2006... From there he announced his goalkeeping masterclass to the world... We saw him replicate same penalty shootout against Zambia.. we saw him replicate brilliant saves against Messi in 2010 2014... We saw him leading Nigeria to the African glory in 2013...
so to me we started enjoying eyeama from African 2006

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2022
charlesemeka85:
the Onazi em self no get shame

There is nothing like shame

Him sit down him own and dem call am
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by olu98: 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
You lots shouting Addo and Chris Houghton, hope you know coaching a football club and a national team (especially an African team) is different? This is also Addo's first time being the head coach of a senior team.

We will miss ndidi, but I think Ajayi will also do a great job as a DMF.

Finally, I hope chukwueze works on himself. He hugs the line way too much making it hard to link with the striker or amf. If not that musa best days are over, would have preferred him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:10pm On Mar 20, 2022
elyte89:

A gk trainers job in d national team is just to keep d gkeepers into top shape prior to a game or tournament as d case maybe and not to teach d keeper rudiments of aw to man the post,NO...majority of DT is done at d club level,

Abi shey na 3days to a game will d national team gk trainer will impact all his knowledge into his trainee?...d fact still remains dt our gk are mediocres and dey re not gud enuf..period

You see, the problem here is that we have a goalkeeper that is doing great at his club, it's just not translating as much to the national team

Perhaps if there was someone who had a recent memory of how to operate on the international stage, things would be easier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
Good question. If you like someone, you just cannot help yourself but grasp at straws. We are all guilty of this.
M7even:

It's one thing to defend okoye , but then it's another thing to push his blame on another person. What kind of goalkeeper trainer were the likes of Ike shoromu , Vincent enyeama and ikema having while they were replicating confidence inspiring performances.

My prayers are that he has improved , I want a man of the match performance from him, it's not too much to ask for. Others do it. But I pray the Ghanaian side do not peg us down so much that we will need our goal keeper to inspire us to a favorable result.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing like shame

Him sit down him own and dem call am
he lobbied to be in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Our legends their Mates are coaching top club in Europe ,even if na top African job make dem get ,well not every ex player should be a coach sha

Why can’t they be inspired by George weah Samuel eto or Didier drogba ?

Endorsing Tinubu is the best thing to do

Look at how taribo is using all his strength to pray for Tinubu,Baba just Dey look am one kind grin

It's so disgraceful

They don't have any plans to positively impact the nation and build their profile. It is to be taking pictures with leaders of questionable character.

If the younger players who are mostly based abroad are even misbehaving like that, I will understand that dem no know wetin dey sup, but these older people are following us to suffer this gross mismanagement of resources and none of them have thought to even compete in their state elections and provide better options.

A disgraceful lot. A whole waste of Golden Generation

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12826) (12827) (12828) (12829) (12830) (12831) (12832) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: waffiboi, skallion7(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.