Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680672 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12970) (12971) (12972) (12973) (12974) (12975) (12976) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
We didn’t need to play a back 4. Wing play is not even Ghana’s strength. We needed to choke up that midfield add a second striker. Let Aina/Calvin do their thing. Our forwards needed more service. With two forwards we would have won both games.

A switch to 3-5-2 would have confused then. Ghana studied us well and prepared for us. We didn’t change a thing.
TheGoodJoe:

A big congratulations to Ghana and I hope they do us proud at the World Cup. Congea again to them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
RaymondJohnson1:

I wonder o. I talk here before the match say our super eagles can not score goals. That is our main problem.

We dey hammer on Okoye and Uzoho.

Abeg, even the best goalkeepers dey concede goals. If you want to win matches, then you gat to score goals.

We could not score a single goal in open play in the 2 matches. Is our main problem not evident?

Ghana is advancing because they scored a goal. Wetin happen to us?
nigerian needs a modern day okocha in the team.... Without a playmaker strikers will be useless
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
The idiocy at MKO stadium right now is just proof Nigerians deserve the country they have right now

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2022
Just imagine if it was Rohr who lost this tie and stopped us from going to the WC.

Just imagine the amount of insults that man would have gotten.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
Whatever misdeed you sow, so shall you reap bountifully and with tears....

Our Ex-Internationals and their 1980 captain general sowed massive hatred and planned failure towards a man that did no wrong to our football and usually qualify us with joy to competitions because they were hungry and wanted to eat from what they did not plant but the creator of heaven and earth has shamed them.

Our mentality towards life and one another that breeds hatred, nepotism and religion bigot has destroyed this beautiful country called Nigeria.

We need to embrace love and desist from pull down syndrome.

Nigeria will be great again.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
typicalgamer:

So na gk go score goal

Na GK go stop balls from entering just as the Ghanian GK did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:16pm On Mar 29, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
And Fernandes makes it two grin

correct just wanted to say it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
COOL10:
Just imagine if it was Rohr who lost this tie and stopped us from going to the WC.

Just imagine the amount of insults that man would have gotten.
He might have been burnt alive at MKO Pitch grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

If e pain you say Victor is now playing in a top club in a top league after [b]your prediction of doom about him [/b]failed, just say it...Don't start some nonsense comparison with Ighalo..
Ighalo himself was rubbish in the national team in his first few games and couldn't cement a starting shirt until Rohr decided to give him a second chance after that world cup disaster...

Can you if you have any iota of integrity show where , l predicted doom for Victor O .

Or remain the petty attention seeking LIAR .

I challenge you to show one post not two just one please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Dem don scatter Abuja stadium cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Joebie:
Why do we owe? If u are looking for coaches you can owe, don’t expect good results in the long run. Poor investment gives you poor returns.

We owe because we are greedy and shortsighted. We know we won't face consequences when we find someone who is willing to let us get away with it, so we do just that.
This is not specific to football. Government and private corporations are also guilty. Many Nigerians know that they can get away with this sort of behavior by bribing someone else. Police, members of your own ethnic group, random people etc. Few people face consequences here.
Many people are shortsighted too. We care more about our image than doing the hard work. That's why The NFF is always looking for yes men.
Anyway, let me not bore you with an essay. We all know that most of our problems in this country (including football problems) are self inflicted.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by RaymondJohnson1: 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2022
Meliforme:

Nwakali's Stats at AFCON shows he is more creative than all your midfielders.
I will not reply you again, because it is baseless arguing with you.

Give me a Nwakali anyday.

We just need to boost his confidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Kog45:
Oga komekn my modern day man i hail o.

Truly i old small sha and out of touch and failed to see reality of today but if i can still dey mingle with young ones here,despite watching eagles since 1980 afcon should tell you something that am always updating myself.

How is Uk my man...hope to holla you in Uk one of this days make we throw banter

Actually I'm in Spain but be back to cold England soon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Joebie:
We didn’t need to play a back 4. Wing play is not even Ghana’s strength. We needed to choke up that midfield add a second striker. Let Aina/Calvin do their thing. Our forwards needed more service. With two forwards we would have won both games.
yeah more like a 3-5-2 would have suited ur team. Two defensive hustlers who can also tackle and play dirty at times and an intelligent attacking midfielder who will feed the two attackers... He could have switched to wing play and made bassey a wing back... But ur coach head die well well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
Supporting Senegal at the mundial.

Hope this set of teranga lions can replicate or surpass the heroics of Diouf, Diao, Bouba Diop (RIP), Henry Camara, Tony Silva etc.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:18pm On Mar 29, 2022
We are facing the consequences in every sphere of our lives as a nation

DrLikita12:

We owe because we are greedy and shortsighted. We know we won't face consequences when we find someone who is willing to let us get away with it, so we do just that.
This is not specific to football. Government and private cooperations are also guilty. Many Nigerians know that they can get away with this sort of behavior by bribing someone else. Police, members of your own ethnic group, random people etc. Few people face consequences here.
Many people are shortsighted too. We care more about our image than doing the hard work. That's why The NFF is always looking for yes men.
Anyway, let me not bore you with an essay. We all know that most of our problems in this country (including football problems) are self inflicted.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Dem don scatter Abuja stadium cheesy cheesy cheesy
Any IG live?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2022
forgiveness:

Wetin happen?
The stadium is being destroyed by angry fans. If diesel was cheap and there wasn't fuel scarcity, the stadium will be in flames.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
komekn:

You are misrepresentating the facts to give a very WRONG IMPRESSION he was playing essentially for the youth team and in 2017/18 with relegation confirmed they give him two consolation games all season in La Liga. And never played another game for Deportivo them after that.

His club was relegated to the Segunda Division where he played in 2018/19 a total of just 7 games all season for Elche on loan.

He then moved to the Cypriot league playing 3 games that same season 2018/19 playing 3 games all season.

In the 2019/20 season he moved to Omonia in the Cypriot first division and played a whopping 5 games that season.

He continued in 2020/21 playing just 18 games call season. All these stats are not reflective of a quality goal keeper on an upward trajectory.

You can be anonymous on your club infact almost in your entire club career band then becomes all of a sudden outstanding for the SE. It simply doesn't add up.

It's possible the police investigation into a dubious health certificate and subsequent punishment handed out him and his club. Has not helped him.

But I am unable to find anything that says he Uzoho is better than Okoye beyond emotive preference that could be prejudice.

Now compare the trajectory of Okoye club, league career who is much younger than Uzoho and it leaves Uzoho in darkness.

na jealousy and hate make them hate okoye so much cus no right thinking fan will pick and uzoho ahead of okoye who is shunning out masterclass performances in the eirdivisie every weekend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
RaymondJohnson1:

Give me a Nwakali anyday.

We just need to boost his confidence.
confidence wey dem don Dey boast for Europe since 6 years ago cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Amoo will definitely give us more than what chuks has given us

If Chukwueze was in Norway he would be hailed as the next Ronaldo.

Until Amoo gets to play in better quality league he doesn't deserve a call up to the SE.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
3 CBS and 5 midfielders would not have given u guys room to shoot. You saw our weakness and capitalized on it. It wasn’t Okoye, but you guys still tried it and it worked. That’s a coach who studied our team. Did Eguavoen do his homework on Ghana? He didn’t clearly, looking at the players he invited at midfield.

leathalbeast:
yeah more like a 3-5-2 would have suited ur team. Two defensive hustlers who can also tackle and play dirty at times and an intelligent attacking midfielder who will feed the two attackers... He could have switched to wing play and made bassey a wing back... But ur coach head die well well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 9:21pm On Mar 29, 2022
Joebie:
We are facing the consequences in every sphere of our lives as a nation

It's very unfortunate, but I'm starting to agree that most of the time, a nation deserves the leaders she gets.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
Prophet said, play musa, you will loose. He was played and Naija lost. That's bye d way. The truth is that the spirits are angry. The powers that control things re not happy with the country. So much evil. So much blood on our hands. World cup for be another distraction.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:22pm On Mar 29, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Any IG live?

I wish I can post videos here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
He might have been burnt alive at MKO Pitch grin

And you know say he get bow leg. He no go fit escape grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Eguaveon aka double disaster

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Uzomarrr123:

Sweden can’t beat Ivory Coast …

Sweden can’t beat Senegal

Sweden can’t be Cameroon or Algeria

I can go on and on … my point is AFRICAN teams are becoming way too good

Did you watch Ivory Coast vs France …
Try and watch Ivory Coast vs England today …

Yes, African teams are really improving. No doubt about that. But do not underrate those three teams I mentioned above. Never
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Joebie:

A switch to 3-5-2 would have confused then. Ghana studied us well and prepared for us. We didn’t change a thing.

As I was watching the game today, I wondered, why do I care. Like, why do I put so much of my heart into the Super Eagles.

I have never felt this bitter about the Super Eagles. This was just too painful to me because we had the quality to walk through this playoff.

Unfortunately, we are still on the position where we will not get it right. We will no make proper screening. We still have NFF officials picking the list for their selfish benefits.

As I watched the game and it was not making headway and there was just hope for a stroke of luck to qualify.

Honestly, my passion for the team dropped to a very deep low today.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
Thank you my sister.
DrLikita12:

It's very unfortunate, but I'm starting to agree that most of the time, a nation deserves the leaders she gets.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jasena: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
Ghana is the weakest team in the qualifiers. They only won because of a very bad coach in Eguavon. They won't qualify from the first round of the world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2022
My friend i hope you are doing well. Please do always say the truth at all times....

I wish you well.

Nigeria football will be great again when we shun nepotism and na our own.
TheGoodJoe:

A big congratulations to Ghana and I hope they do us proud at the World Cup. Congea again to them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12970) (12971) (12972) (12973) (12974) (12975) (12976) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Longneck and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.