Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,445 members, 7,861,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:48 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11931695 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12998) (12999) (13000) (13001) (13002) (13003) (13004) ... (16336) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 8:15am On Apr 01, 2022
gustav25:

Stop being drunk My friend.... Don't take April's day literally

My good friend Gustav....enjoy...this is your time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2022
Philosopher1979:
Our not qualifying for the world cup is a blessing in disguise. Now we will attack the problem from the roots.
We must develop our league and stop corruption in nff. A lot of changes must take place in our football.
We also need to improve in coaching from the grassroots.
The way we run football needs to change

Unfortunately corruption pervaded every facet of life in Nigeria, it's a question of degree. It is a way of life that's been in existence before the nation was even birthed as state in 1960.

Being corrupt is almost synonymous with being Nigerian.

To change the NFF you almost have to change Nigeria.

That my friend only God can do and make possible.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:16am On Apr 01, 2022
caprikon:

I think what we need right now is a coach that can get us results irrespective of the style of play..his teams are usually gritty with good organization..Iran were a very tough nut to crack then. not like we some star studed team...wing play , wing play see where the thing end us.

I still enjoying watching his Iranian team at the 2018 World Cup ,they are better and more creative than his Egyptian team

Iran would have qualified in an average group at that World Cup

Wing play wey coach no Dey smart enough ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:22am On Apr 01, 2022
do4luv14:

see bros pray make Segun no see Glass house enter, that's one of his goals, if he entered there, our football is finished and
Sir you need to go into archive and read about Nigeria football administrators from the 70s to date and you will appreciate individual efforts.We are here talking about Super eagles cos some started the brand and from Green to Super should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:23am On Apr 01, 2022
semid4lyfe:
I am surprised Eguavoen has not resigned as coach of the team and Technical Director of the NFF.

What is he still waiting for?

Djamel Belmadi of Algeria and Carlos Quieroz of Egypt resigned immediately and didn't wait to be sacked.

Eguavoen's sit tight attitude is disgusting.

Want to chop last salary and allowances.

No matter the circumstances Nigerian official never ever resign, even when CAUGHT red handed in outright corruption and even stealing.

The only one who did was the British born Former minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun. She was hounded out without any justification whatsoever. Possibly she refused to do the bidding of the ruling cabal.

She since has won her case in court over the false allegations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

Unfortunately corruption pervaded every facet of life in Nigeria, it's a question of degree. It is a way of life that's been in existence before the nation was even birthed as state in 1960.

Being corrupt is almost synonymous with being Nigerian.

To change the NFF you almost have to change Nigeria.

That my friend only God can do and make possible.

Hmmm..yes only God.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2022
Mousup40:
what stupiid promise is okoye showing? nigeria does not have a good and reliable gk,all our goalkeepers including maduka okoye and uzoho are frauds and should never be called up to the national team again

When the desirable is not AVAILABLE the AVAILABLE becomes desirable.

Okoye is the best we have in the HERE and NOW.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:27am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

Must you comment in every comment.

Two national teams were mentioned France and Belgium. He be will not get on the bench of the French team.

And if the term used was "might not get on the bench" let me explain what it means, you clearly know.

That there is a possibility he may or may not make the bench.

He won’t get into the French team or bench self

But he will surely get into the Belgian team as a backup to lukaku

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:28am On Apr 01, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Southampton,west ham and Newcastle interested in Taino awoniyi

I love this and I hope it works out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Older players

Balogun 34 ,I can manage him for next afcon before he goes finally
Ighalo 33 needs to go
Musa 30 ,not too old but needs to go
Shehu not too old but needs to go as he offers nothing
Akpeyi 36 needs to go even though he is better than those 2 frauds we parade

Maduka is still young and can improve with good GK coaches ,uzoho can also still be in the team but he needs to be playing regularly for his club to be invited ,they should scout GK from the npfl about 3 from there will give Maduka uzoho and any other European a run for their money

If Ekong cannot win back his shirt back at watford he should leave to where he will be playing because he is looking like he will be the new captain already

All the bench should be dismissed ,I don’t want to see amunike there also ,yobo should also leave that place abeg

NPFL is not only the only place where Nigerian goalkeepers are birthed. For your information Arsenal has two reserve keepers of Nigerian origin Okonkwo and Ejehiri. There are others across Europe.

Luckily I missed watching the match Live I wasn't in England but somewhere else, didn't get access.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2022
Brendan Rodgers ruling Ndidi out for the season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paYIM72sGiM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2022
Windscribe:
Where is TheSuperNerd ? The chief hype man.

grin grin grin grin

Monster machine, the menace, destroyer, Tank, Bazooka, armour tank, Putin, Missile, hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Sniper, Atomic bomb

grin grin grin

They have all gone AWOL

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:37am On Apr 01, 2022
Windscribe:
Where is TheSuperNerd ? The chief hype man.

grin grin grin grin

Monster machine, the menace, destroyer, Tank, Bazooka, armour tank, Putin, Missile, hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Sniper, Atomic bomb

grin grin grin
that one don hide cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2022
5inchdick:

Komekn should be able to explain.

Experential competencies from playing with top quality coaches in Europe for two decades.

And inventive Network ( who you know)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:45am On Apr 01, 2022
drDoom3:

Coaches always say “we take it game after game”, e get why.

One thing Otto Addo did well was to study our team and play the best tactics that would maximize Ghana’s chances of qualifying, even with a relatively poor squad. I’m sorry, but Eguavoen didn’t do that.

I said ages ago they a very astute and knowledgeable and highly regarded Director of football in Chris Houghton.

I said then that irrespective of the players they are going to be very well prepared.

Well we can see the results of good preparation.

Come Quatar and there will be several quality additions to the squad not least Hudson -Odio
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:48am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

NPFL is not only the only place where Nigerian goalkeepers are birthed. For your information Arsenal has two reserve keepers of Nigerian origin Okonkwo and Ejehiri. There are others across Europe.

Luckily I missed watching the match Live I wasn't in England but somewhere else, didn't get access.

You also saw where I said they will give other European a run for their money ? Meaning they will also need to scout Europe and not only npfl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:49am On Apr 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

Oga it’s pure hype. Moses Simon and co and have professional to rely on, but who does the national team have.
Except ndidi, aribo,osimehn and Moses.
I don’t think the rest players are undroppable in their clubs. All of them are what we call role players in basketball terms

Ndidi us no longer the first choice and can be dropped and has been.

Sometimes he plays as a CB other times as a DM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:57am On Apr 01, 2022
Curtisaxel10:

I never doubted his hunger and determination. I only pointed out his lack of technicality, striker's instincts and his poor decision making.

I recently said, the Victor O , I see now plays with a murderous rage, relentless determination, blind anger and drive ive not seen in any player.

However, is that all that's needed to succeed ❓

He is not technically astute, he doesn't have outstanding football intelligence with skill and trickery.

But with his attributes he will go far but world class he has a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:01am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

Ndidi is a first choice at Leicester city ,stop capping

Playing as a CB when none is available doesn’t mean you aren’t first choice

Stop this your nonsense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2022
Skie:

Right now, the black stars are a little above terrible. But they have all of 7 months to improve.

And they will.

They have quite a few players to get from the EPL.

I think Salisu will now probably agree to play for then he is a very good CB.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:01am On Apr 01, 2022
It's really painful knowing we are not going to the world cup, damn! It hurts!!!

But what is even more painful is the insults and name calling. See growns men throwing shades and insulting footballing for not getting the job done.

You think they don't want to go to the world cup?

You think they are not pained?

Do you understand what it is to have the fate of over 200 million people in your hands ana yet you fail them?

We lost to our biggest rivals on away goal rule.

Some people are even saying the thread should be shut down. Common guys!!

We need to do better as a people!

Now we need to go back to the drawing board and start planning for the future, identify the problems and start working to create solutions if not we will end up worse.

Strength is having each other's backs and supporting ourselves through the darkest hours.

Nigeria will be great again! The Eagle will fly again!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:03am On Apr 01, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Our underaged team have seriously regressed. The NFF needs to pay attention to the underage teams again, let the NFF work together with the NPFL too to improve the league and harness all the numerous talents we have home and abroad.

There is no EPL club with at least 25 Nigerian origin players in their academy teams. If you look at the top London teams it is double digit % figure.

There are too many.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:06am On Apr 01, 2022
Kog45:
Oga DO4LUV,seriously you love Pinnick Amaju....are you trying to exonerate him from our inability to perform better in afcon and our failure to qualify for WC.

He is our NFF boss for God sake and everything stop on his desk.The same system that you are trying to nail but brought Amaju in and he is fully part of the system.Pls just tell me what you know Amaju for before he became NFF president?

Oga just see Eto real commitment in few months as Cameroon FA boss but our NFF member were running up and down to have FIFA seats leaving Nigeria football to suffer.We all forget that success of any national team is football administration but we are always looking for short cut to success....yes super eagles branding and spinsors but the real national team branding started in 1994 with real private and foreign sponsors coming in check.out that 1994 eagles all time best jersey.

Amaju should go back to the drawing board and give us real football development not this face lift development. He can do better cos he has the exposure.

I know the politician Amaju but I wouldn't call him exposed and knowledgeable as well as committed to the cause.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:10am On Apr 01, 2022
Kog45:
Sir you need to go into archive and read about Nigeria football administrators from the 70s to date and you will appreciate individual efforts.We are here talking about Super eagles cos some started the brand and from Green to Super should tell you something.

I agree there was one I met Group Captain former NFF Chairman his son went to university in the UK close to me and also did reserve officer training.

He seemed a man of UNQUESTIONABLE INTEGRITY.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2022
andrewbaba44:

He won’t get into the French team or bench self

But he will surely get into the Belgian team as a backup to lukaku

Maybe but don't forget you have Origi there too among other forward players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15am On Apr 01, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I love this and I hope it works out

Have my doubts until a proper bid is made.

Awoniyi could become a bench warmer in West ham and Newcastle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:25am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

As usual always wishing naija born players bad cheesy cheesy

Even if the news is not true ,there is nothing bad in hoping

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

Maybe but don't forget you have Origi there too among other forward players.

Origi is good but hasn’t been a starter for years

If origi is playing for another team there is no doubt he will be the one to start if lukaku isn’t available
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 01, 2022
grin

Africa Representatives to Qatar have one thing in common. There is a STAR on their respective Flags.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:42am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

I agree with this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:55am On Apr 01, 2022
komekn:

For a bid to have been submitted, they must have evaluated him and deemed him good enough for their standard. Try to be positive, you no go die if you talk say him go make am for England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eddie7: 9:58am On Apr 01, 2022
Amedino99:

For a bid to have been submitted, they must have evaluated him and deemed him good enough for their standard. Try to be positive, you no go die if you talk say him go make am for England.

Some players are hired as TRAINING MATERIALS cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (12998) (12999) (13000) (13001) (13002) (13003) (13004) ... (16336) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: codemaniacs, Eawwal(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.