Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680085 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13004) (13005) (13006) (13007) (13008) (13009) (13010) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
It was a fake April fool news by Pulse Nigeria. How can a coach who just qualified for the world cup and is already preparing his team for the showdown in Qatar be thinking of coaching Nigeria

cheesy them don prank my guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 02, 2022
AIG07:
Unpopular opinion,
Rohr, though not a sound tactician, should be offer a position of a chief scout for the National Teams.

Man seem to have Nigeria at heart. His post world cup qualification interviews are touching. Man sounds like someone who is adopting Nigeria as his second country.

Amaju, pending the glass house election later in the year, should stick to administration and stop canvassing for foreign borns. He sucks at it.

Iwobi's moment of brilliance against Zambia in 2017 WCQ keeps playing in my head.

V. Moses, Iwobi, Balogun and Ekong have been the biggest steal in the last decade. Others haven't really lived up to expectations

We do not need Rohr again. The Pain of missing out seems too much to handle by most folks here. What are the Achievements of Rohr with Eagles? Seem some of us are satisfied with making Number only at the Mundial?

Rohr is gone, gone fuckin forever. He's never a type we can keep for long. He won bronze for us at AFCON? Local Coaches done same, even won the Tournament.

He qualified us for WCs without Permutations... and so? Local Coaches had done same and did well at same Tournament. Late Keshi was just unfortunate to make it to Quarter Final in Brazil.

Chief Scout you said? He failed massively as a Scout already. Where is Bazee? Idowu, Dessers and Co? Maduka is an average Keeper. Most of the foreign Borns he brought to the Squad are fuckin average.

His Chapter should be closed completely.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 02, 2022
grin

Seems much more unpopular Opinion on this Thread now, but I still believe Amuneke should be given a Chance, but Alloy Agu should never near the Technical Crew again, rather Ike Shorunmu should be brought back.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:57am On Apr 02, 2022
forgiveness:

Osimhen missed, Moses missed, Dennis missed etc. There were chances though very few and if converted could have changed something.

We should not have over relied on him.
which better Chance osimhen miss?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:58am On Apr 02, 2022
yinkeys:

Only Senegal stand a chance.
The other African representatives will be embarrassed
This year’s WC looks tough o

Serbia is a solid team but might not get out of their group. That’s to show some groups are hard. Denmark is another tactically sound team.
If any of these teams catch Nigeria, the beating ehn.

Waiting for Portugal v Senegal friendly
Morocco will qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2022
AIG07:
The Super Eagles lacks a leader!

Rohr was right. We do not have players who can single handedly win a game. Players in the calibre of Jay Jay, Kanu Nwakwo, Sunday Oliseh, and the irreplaceable Vincent Enyeama.

Rather than than allowing this to sink in. We ve sold lies to ourselves and we ve projected it to the lads. Reason why players like Moses Simon, Osihmen, Chukwueze etc felt they can pull it alone. We went into the double legged game counting on a debative individual talent rather than a collective team effort.

Missing out at the world stage is painful. This hurt will linger to the end of the tornament in December. What a long year ahead for true Eagles supporters.
There's nothing like the hurt lingering and nothing like a fake super eagles supporter.

If for everytime you get hurt you let it linger until long, you're really hurting yourself more actually.

It is okay to hurt a few days but allowing it to get to over 9 months, ogbeni na yourself you de do o no be any person.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree. This Ghanaian side is a good team. U guys just didn't want to hear any stories about the AFCON exit but Dede Ayew's Red was criminal and I don't think Comoros beats ghana 11 on 11. Once Ayew returns I expect an even better attack. The defense with Amartey leading is very solid. Midfield will be as good as many at the WC, iddrisu Baba was even supposed to replace Partey at atletico. If u guys go in there with the right mentality anything can happen.
thanks bro, well i think we ghanaians are still hang up on previous squads of stephen appiah, essien, gyan, kp boateng, christian atsu etc so we fail to appreciate the quality of this present team, morever their performance at afcon made us write them off but we found a technical bench who can make good use of them i guess....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 11:07am On Apr 02, 2022
forgiveness:

I don’t know. They rather invited a division 2 player they don’t actually trust else why was he not used in the first leg when Osimhen was marked out?

Anyway, dem eyes don clear.
i still dont get it though, i thought awoniyi was injured but AE messed up.... He could has tried converting iheanacho into an attacking midfielder to provide defense splitting passes like messi does nowadays.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:23am On Apr 02, 2022
Oasis001:

We do not need Rohr again. The Pain of missing out seems too much to handle by most folks here. What are the Achievements of Rohr with Eagles? Seem some of us are satisfied with making Number only at the Mundial?

Rohr is gone, gone fuckin forever. He's never a type we can keep for long. He won bronze for us at AFCON? Local Coaches done same, even won the Tournament.

He qualified us for WCs without Permutations... and so? Local Coaches had done same and did well at same Tournament. Late Keshi was just unfortunate to make it to Quarter Final in Brazil.

Chief Scout you said? He failed massively as a Scout already. Where is Bazee? Idowu, Dessers and Co? Maduka is an average Keeper. Most of the foreign Borns he brought to the Squad are fuckin average.

His Chapter should be closed completely.

Whilst I don't disagree with Rohr being maintained as past tense in whatever capacity relating to the Eagles I think your comment there about where are Bazee etc is very harsh. But each to their own.

Keshi was unfortunate to make it to the quarter final in Brazil? Lol

In actual fact he was fortunate to have got out of the group. With VAR we don't beat Bosnia and get knocked out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 11:29am On Apr 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree. This Ghanaian side is a good team. U guys just didn't want to hear any stories about the AFCON exit but Dede Ayew's Red was criminal and I don't think Comoros beats ghana 11 on 11. Once Ayew returns I expect an even better attack. The defense with Amartey leading is very solid. Midfield will be as good as many at the WC, iddrisu Baba was even supposed to replace Partey at atletico. If u guys go in there with the right mentality anything can happen.

Disagree. This Ghanaian team is not better than our current Super Eagles. Man for man in terms of player abilities, profile and potential they are not on our level. Of course that doesn't mean they cannot win a game against us. Football being a low scoring game by nature means outcomes like the one we have just seen will continue to happen especially when head to head games are played in such short time periods.

With all due respect Amartey is rubbish, ask Leicester city fans, their midfield is totally wack, similar to our own without Ndidi and upfront there is little on offer. Kamaldeen and Kudus can play a bit but they will get roasted at the world cup. No malice. Save this post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Are you trying to praise the Ghanian team so our performance wouldn't look so wack

This was our easiest path to the world cup in a long time and we blew it. Nothing like the Ghanaian side being a strong side. That one is just a feel good speech.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wikipedia don give us coach

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:

Marco Parolo?

Obviously someone is playing with his/her Wikipedia access
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Are you trying to praise the Ghanian team so our performance wouldn't look so wack

This was our easiest path to the world cup in a long time and we blew it. Nothing like the Ghanaian side being a strong side. That one is just a feel good speech.

I said the same thing in all my previous videos about Ghana. If I had ever uttered anything different this ur comment might have made sense.

I have always seen Ghana as a quality side but their keeper took them over the top against us. Ghana vs Nigeria can never be considered a easy tie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzeaJlXm9tU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvm2jpAagkY

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2022
leathalbeast:
thanks bro, well i think we ghanaians are still hang up on previous squads of stephen appiah, essien, gyan, kp boateng, christian atsu etc so we fail to appreciate the quality of this present team, morever their performance at afcon made us write them off but we found a technical bench who can make good use of them i guess....

Yea it will take time cos that team had sentimental value.

Will Partey keep the band? I hope ur guys don't start fight again ooo. I remember the Gyan, Ayew situation.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2022
wayodude:

Disagree. This Ghanaian team is not better than our current Super Eagles. Man for man in terms of player abilities, profile and potential they are not on our level. Of course that doesn't mean they cannot win a game against us. Football being a low scoring game by nature means outcomes like the one we have just seen will continue to happen especially when head to head games are played in such short time periods.

With all due respect Amartey is rubbish, ask Leicester city fans, their midfield is totally wack, similar to our own without Ndidi and upfront there is little on offer. Kamaldeen and Kudus can play a bit but they will get roasted at the world cup. No malice. Save this post.

I didn't compare them to anybody. U might have read that wrong.

I doubt u will find one Leicester City fan with a bad word for Amartey. He has not been playing as a midfielder so i also doubt u actually watched him this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
kingphilip:

There's nothing like the hurt lingering and nothing like a fake super eagles supporter.

If for everytime you get hurt you let it linger until long, you're really hurting yourself more actually.

It is okay to hurt a few days but allowing it to get to over 9 months, ogbeni na yourself you de do o no be any person.
pain gotten from hurt is temporary, it intensity reduces with time and will eventually subside when something else of equal or closer magnitude takes its place. But note it takes time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
Oasis001:
grin

Seems much more unpopular Opinion on this Thread now, but I still believe Amuneke should be given a Chance, but Alloy Agu should never near the Technical Crew again, rather Ike Shorunmu should be brought back.
you want to be using the super eagles to play Russian roulette? Honest question, what qualifies Amunike to be a good prospect for the eagles job? What qualities did you see to make you think he’ll be perfect for us ?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

I didn't compare them to anybody. U might have read that wrong.

I doubt u will find one Leicester City fan with a bad word for Amartey. He has not been playing as a midfielder so i also doubt u actually watched him this season.

I didn't mean to say he plays in midfield bro. I have watched him many times and in my eyes has had only one good game. Many a leicester fan will concur with this assessment. But that's by the way. All I am emphasizing is man for man we are a better side than Ghana. Head and shoulders. No bias. The result is just unfortunate. They wanted it more.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
wayodude:

I didn't mean to say he plays in midfield bro. I have watched him many times and in my eyes has had only one good game. Many a leicester fan will concur with this assessment. But that's by the way. All I am emphasizing is man for man we are a better side than Ghana. Head and shoulders. No bias. The result is just unfortunate. They wanted it more.

Then why talk about midfield Anyways he has been a CB this season and without him I don't know where Leicester would be because they have had so many injuries at that particular position.

I never compared Nigeria and Ghana. I said they had a good team. Being better than them man for man doesn't mean their team is not good.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Morocco will qualify
Yea I agree with you. They’d beat Belgium & Croatia grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Football self no be mathematics

If Senegal looseguard Ecuador will upset them ,they should take Ecuador seriously ,because if a team can qualify for the World Cup ahead of Colombia and Uruguay the team is good enough

Still on still ,tipping the Netherlands and Senegalese to scale through ,but anything can still happen
Don’t know why people are overlooking Qatar & Ecuador
Home fans in the early stages of WC.
Senegal might lose all three if they look down on any team.
Qatar will be solid in their first two games because of home support

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 2:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Windscribe
fabyom:
Yaw and Bukari are very solid wingers! Kudus, Partey and Issiaku are solid midfielders. Going all out attack or playing one DM will be catastrophic! The Ghanaians players are good and skillful too. It's just that we have a better bench. Our first team is not that far apart. Don't expect an easy game in Kumasi. Infact a scoring draw will be a very good result. I don't really trust our defense and goalkeepers!
Read this and stay out of my mention. Thank you!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
yinkeys:

Yea I agree with you. They’d beat Belgium & Croatia grin
what's special about Croatia that they can't beat?

Morocco even have a higher chance to qualify than Senegal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Yea it will take time cos that team had sentimental value.

Will Partey keep the band? I hope ur guys don't start fight again ooo. I remember the Gyan, Ayew situation.
hahaha there is always faction in the team, andre is still the captain, he will lead the team at the world cup but i personally think he wont be playing 90 mins at the WC so partey will be captain also in the second half of the world cup games... I wished we could have taken asamoah gyan to qatar but he is very off pace at the moment..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:
what's special about Croatia that they can't beat?

Morocco even have a higher chance to qualify than Senegal
So you wont support us ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by leathalbeast: 2:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
yinkeys:

Don’t know why people are overlooking Qatar & Ecuador
Home fans in the early stages of WC.
Senegal might lose all three if they look down on any team.
Qatar will be solid in their first two games because of home support
qatar will be a strong opponent but senegal is solid, they have koulibaly one of the best centre backs in the business... Ecuador is strong but senegal have a strong team with world class players. They should draw or beat them... Senegal's worst point tally should be 4 points, they can surely qualify

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:32pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ebuehi in action against Spezia

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:55pm On Apr 02, 2022
Samueltemi337:
14handlers in 16yrs. Omo!!!

Sack here and there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:57pm On Apr 02, 2022
caprikon:

The most important thing is whether the cockiness matches the actual ability.

The examples you gave buttress that point.

Fury is a generational talent and yeah, he is cocky... can we say the same about Samuel Peter?

Some talk in the ring
Some talk outside the ring
Some don't talk atall
While some talk everywhere like legend Muhammad Ali!! grin

Las las elemi lol ma last.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
Danielnino00:

As in...
We won a corner late in the game and had Osimhen, Sadiq and Ighalo in the box.. Simon now played the corner low...I was annoyed...
just vibes and inshallah. Cos no technique, no smartness, just luck. Always luck. Talents are too scarce to come by to be wasted like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13004) (13005) (13006) (13007) (13008) (13009) (13010) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, JayromWrites, isan(m), jolly94 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.