Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13036) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11684254 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13033) (13034) (13035) (13036) (13037) (13038) (13039) ... (16155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
Cocking:

Really I thought it was Nigeria's flag......
All join my brother...all join grin grin grin

As far as it's green white green
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
daveP:
She fits the narrative to me. 38-40 age fits. She may not be exactly 38 too.
Yea... exactly what I thought

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:41pm On Apr 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

You are just twisting this and that’s all

That doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough to play for Napoli ,it simply means he is playing for a big club like Napoli doesn’t mean he is a complete player yet
I already corrected him but the guy no wan hear. I'm not a professor but Ikpeba was clear enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2022
comodo:

Haaland her badland there, did he qualify Norway to world cup With all his magic boot etc. We should stop running away from the fact that the coach messed up the team. Osihmen was running because they were just lobbing balls to him from defense. Even his club coach the other time said that they need to curtail his runs. That it will help him to score more goals. But in SE it's boom to Osihmen and insha Allah.

You’re very stupid. The argument here is that, all those foolish bicycle kick was unnecessary because he could had done something useful with those ball and yes if he had scored, everyone would be celebrating but he didn’t score. Also, your foolish mind didn’t realize that ikpeba was even kind in his criticism because if that happened at Napoli, it would had been worse. Ewu rabaraba

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cocking: 9:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
mostob:
All join my brother...all join grin grin grin

As far as it's green white green

cheesy cheesy cheesy No be lie my brother... So far na green white green

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
benji93:
I am sorry, but what is the job of a pundit? No be to criticize? Before the fact ooo, after the fact ooo. As long as dem no insult your mama, papa or mock your disability. Besides this is coming from someone who has seen it all.

Besides people today no really understand when to use some of these words. Person wey dem know well well for bicycle kick dey tell you say, dem no dey do bicycle kick, you still get mouth dey talk. Shame no even dey catch you to talk say, en i go continue dey do am. grin grin How many bicycle kicks you don score? I no blame am sha. Na Oshoala be the real Agbaiya. Na she cause am. cheesy

If world-class is a journey of 10 years, Osimhen still dey him sixth year, and i am being very generous here.

Can you imagine the nonsense. So, because a certain player is your favorite, he shouldn’t be critique. Maybe they wanted ikpeba to say
Super sport: what can you say about osimehn performance today?
Ikpeba: he is osimehn make I not talk
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

You’re very stupid. The argument here is that, all those foolish bicycle kick was unnecessary because he could had done something useful with those ball and yes if he had scored, everyone would be celebrating but he didn’t score. Also, your foolish mind didn’t realize that ikpeba was even kind in his criticism because if that happened at Napoli, it would had been worse. Ewu rabaraba

21 large is that you grin

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
M7even:
Is it true Amaju Pinnick has agreed to step down as NFF president? Well if true, I'd say his effort and love for the Eagles during his time have been average. But it's even more appreciated that he has set a new benchmark to step down which is unlike many public officials in Nigeria. However his decision to step down is hinged on family reason and not because he considers his failures as president of the football federation a justification to do so. However we are grateful for his time managing football affairs in the country. My grouse with him is not about the national team. But rather the cadet teams. Whatever success we enjoyed in 2015 under 17 World Cup were less of his effort. I hope whoever steps in can at least help with out under 17 team. If that's the only World Cup I'd enjoy Nigeria winning let it always continue to be so.

Mumu stop voicing false information. Amaju guy like the typical Nigerian do not understand how to take accountability. He didn’t step down, rather he said that he isn’t going to contest for the reelection

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
Moffi with 2 goals and 1 assist

Modified

Goal cancelled

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
Moffi finally get his brace

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I was about to say the same thing!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

Osimehn hasn’t achieved anything close to ighalo. He might in the future, but as for now, ighalo is better
please tell us what ighalo has achieved in football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08, 2022
Moffi had an hattrick

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

You’re forking mad. If he did it once and fail, it’s understandable but to do it 3 times in the same game and fail at all 3 attempts and we didn’t qualify, ikpeba was even kind at his criticism because if I was a pundit, osimehn for here am. These new young players are soft and being pampered because they cannot try such rubbish at their club side. Ikpeba was even kind at his criticism because osimehn has a long way to become world class. Football isn’t just about running running like a cheater you have to refine your game and improve on other qualities like positional awareness, converting chances and shooting techniques
Wow, forking mad indeed. Did I read where you were cautioning Osihmen?? I can't seem to see the difference between both of you. Maybe just maybe, you would've cursed Ikpeba's generations, even to the 5th.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 10:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasmine80:

Is it the state of the nation that makes people to rain curses on others over weightless things? Or something else. I have been trying to understand the reason for curses and abuses. Is it the new norm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 1:56am On Apr 09, 2022
Jasmine80:
Osimehn is even lucky that ikpeba was kind in his criticism because if it was me, the man for hear am. The man failed to convert any of his 4 “half chances” in a derby game that resulted in our non qualification and he has the mouth to talk nonsense? Can he try 3 overhead kick in a Napoli derby game and fail to convert any of them and will not be chased with cutlass? This is the same player that some agent was comparing to Harland on this platform? Mad people full here. Dude failed to convert any of the 4 half chances that was created for him vs Ghana and he has the mouth to talk? Because of people like him, I have to miss attending Qatar. Nigerians think that football is just about Running and Running. You have to learn positional awareness, intelligence, technique in order to become great

This B-level striker acting like a low budget wrestler that can't even tie the boot lace of Haaland and Nunez spewed trash because the prince of Monaco criticised him constructively?

This fella is dumber than I thought.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jasena: 3:18am On Apr 09, 2022
If Umar Sadiq was given the starting position in place of oshimem he would have converted atkeast one of the chances oshimem had. Non of his attempted bicycle kicks were on target.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Jasmine80: 4:04am On Apr 09, 2022
jasena:
If Umar Sadiq was given the starting position in place of oshimem he would have converted atkeast one of the chances oshimem had. Non of his attempted bicycle kicks were on target.

They would had finished awoniyi or sadiq if they had tried and miss 3 overhead kick. Infact, the manner at which sadiq was criticized after his debut game was scary

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2022
I was thinking we were done with the wailing I don't know we just hid it somewhere only to resurrect it after a little trigger.

Make all of una continue.

Match we don de clock half a month now una still de mourn over am.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:37am On Apr 09, 2022
andrewbaba44:

grin grin
12large rather....he is the same person.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2022
jasena:
Sadiq way miss open net

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2022
Some Nigerians still criticize Keshi for going to 2013 AFCON with less fancied players. A less fancied Striker could do better than Osimehn. Osimehn got everything right except his finishing, which is Paramount.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12am On Apr 09, 2022
zuchyblink:
Some Nigerians still criticize Keshi for going to 2013 AFCON with less fancied players. A less fancied Striker could do better than Osimehn. Osimehn got everything right except his finishing, which is Paramount.

Keshi would have played Osimhen till the wheels fell off. No coach with common sense will leave that boy on the bench u people should get out your feeling.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:15am On Apr 09, 2022
Jasmine80:

They would had finished awoniyi or sadiq if they had tried and miss 3 overhead kick. Infact, the manner at which sadiq was criticized after his debut game was scary

So basically u are been ranting as get back for Sadiq First of all name the 3 overhead kicks u saw. Cos I only saw 2 and even the first was a volley with a defender on his back. Now tell me wat u would do with this ball?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 9:40am On Apr 09, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

So basically u are been ranting as get back for Sadiq First of all name the 3 overhead kicks u saw. Cos I only saw 2 and even the first was a volley with a defender on his back. Now tell me wat u would do with this ball?

They want him to trap the ball and shoot inside the 18 yard box like it was not two defenders on him for 90 minutes, people wey no know that when you try and overhead kick it is a ball that you can't afford to control

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2022
Hello house kudos to everyone for keeping things moving just finished drying my cry from last week grin
Osimhen is a very talented footballer with huge potential but his unguarded social media posts hurling insults have no justification whatsoever. Yes Ikpeba was selective in who he was trying to criticize but the content of the criticism was fair and didn't deserve that kind of uncouth reaction. The young man needs to do better not just on the field but in the way he controls his emotions.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 10:05am On Apr 09, 2022
Jasmine80:

Don't mind them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2022
chrisooblog:
Hello house kudos to everyone for keeping things moving just finished drying my kiss from last week grin
Osimhen is a very talented footballer with huge potential but his unguarded social media posts hurling insults have no justification whatsoever. Yes Ikpeba was selective in who he was trying to criticize but the content of the criticism was fair and didn't deserve that kind of uncouth reaction. The young man needs to do better not just on the field but in the way he controls his emotions.
Nigerians are more emotional than objective,if they like you,they will see no wrong in you. Some people are cheering his unguarded utterances on and off Nairaland

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:11am On Apr 09, 2022
Subzero47:

They want him to trap the ball and shoot inside the 18 yard box like it was not two defenders on him for 90 minutes, people wey no know that when you try and overhead kick it is a ball that you can't afford to control
I personally don't fault victor for the bicycle kick it was getting desperate and he was just trying everything. My only issue with him is the crude way he responded to Ikpeba. Ikpeba as well should have been more broad minded in his criticism by also pointing out the mistakes of the technical crew and other players who didn't show as much fire as Osimhen who played like a man possessed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

That ball na tea party for some strikers. The chest trap and move with the ball,any touch na penalty. Osimehn played well but didn't utilize his chances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:22am On Apr 09, 2022
National grid get E own plans, but nothing stopping me from watching Lord Iwobi vs Pastor Fred this afternoon.

May the true man of God win.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jasena: 10:56am On Apr 09, 2022
chrisooblog:
Hello house kudos to everyone for keeping things moving just finished drying my cry from last week grin
Intelligent post. His EMOTIONS. His success and the indispensable nature he seems to be having in the super eagles has gotten to his head. Even in the pitch he was always excited, laughing and carried away with emotions as if the game revolves around him. He tried to impress with those bicycle kicks. Now he is presenting same emotions on social media. When Nigerians were sentimentally wailing the absence of osimhem,Dennis and igalo at afcon,I had remarked that even if they were present, it wouldn't had changed much.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13033) (13034) (13035) (13036) (13037) (13038) (13039) ... (16155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla, TheSuperNerd(m), Marjoribanks, do4luv14(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.