Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13071) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11678640 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13068) (13069) (13070) (13071) (13072) (13073) (13074) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Osimhen has played against 5 of the Seven Sisters this season:
He has 1 goal contribution (1 assist vs Inter).
He has missed Atalanta twice.

Abraham has played against 5 of the Seven Sisters this season:
He has 8 goal contributions (1 goal vs Milan, 1 assist vs Napoli, 1 goal vs Juventus, 2 goals vs Lazio, 3 goals vs Atalanta)

So Abraham has scored or assisted against all of them except Inter, who he is yet to play against.

Levels, brother.
Undiluted facts

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2022
M7even:

The fact that Ike has been a former goalkeeper , who at the height of his career was better than spartan rotterndam goalkeeper coaches and has access to materials for institutions as his counterparts in Europe,puts him in a constructively better position to teach him

What was the height of his career in obscure clubs and league in Switzerland and Turkey.

What is the experential competence he has gained from coaching in the top leagues and clubs with outstanding facilities in Europe ❓❓

Did Ike ever reach the level of a 22 year old Maduka has already attained at his very young age.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:40am On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

What was the height of his career in obscure clubs and league in Switzerland and Turkey.

What is the experential competence he has gained from coaching in the top leagues and clubs with outstanding facilities in Europe ❓❓

Did Ike ever reach the level of a 22 year old Maduka has already attained at his very young age.
So you want to compare Shoronmu that was born in Lagos to someone like Maduka that was born in Dusseldorf and won't have issues with work permit in many countries.
I suppose Maduka was better than Enyeama because at 22 Enyeama was still with Enyimba.
Stop being bias with some of your analysis, and also Maduka hasn't achieved anything.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43am On Apr 20, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Osimhen has played against 5 of the Seven Sisters this season:
He has 1 goal contribution (1 assist vs Inter).
He has missed Atalanta twice.

Abraham has played against 5 of the Seven Sisters this season:
He has 8 goal contributions (1 goal vs Milan, 1 assist vs Napoli, 1 goal vs Juventus, 2 goals vs Lazio, 3 goals vs Atalanta)

So Abraham has scored or assisted against all of them except Inter, who he is yet to play against.

Levels, brother.

Many will not like to consider these facts.

I have said before Victor O has a determination and rage that I've not seen in any player,he is relentless in his pursuit has speed and aerial ability.

On the other hand Tega has outstanding technical ability, skill and football intelligence as well as speed. We dont always associate speed with Tega because he brings so much more.

Who is faster is open to debate, Aggression is definitely with Victor O .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:
So you want to compare Shoronmu that was born in Lagos to someone like Maduka that was born in Dusseldorf and won't have issues with work permit in many countries.
I suppose Maduka was better than Enyeama because at 22 Enyeama was still with Enyimba.
Stop being bias with some of your analysis, and also Maduka hasn't achieved anything.

You are being blatantly biased.

Where you were born and your life circumstances has no bearing on the situation. It's a question of opportunity some have it some don't. And some don't make use of the opportunities they get.

If Ike Shorunmu was born in Germany how do we know he would not have turned out as a low life drug addict and never have any desire for football.

You can not make projections on life it's not that simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:58am On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

You are being blatantly biased.

Where you be were born and your life circumstances has no bearing on the situation. It's a question of opportunity some have it some don't. And some don't make use of the opportunities they get.

If Ike Shorunmu was born in Germany how do we know he would not have turned out as a lie life drug addict and never have any desire for football.

You can not make projections on life it's not that simple.

Where you are born can also play an important role in your outcome. You can't compare someone born in Lagos with limited/poor training facilities and with likelihood of having work permit issues/quota issues if signed by a European club because he is not homegrown with someone born in Germany with access to better training facilities.

Such factors can hamper someone's life/career regardless of their talent and you are being dishonest if you think it doesn't.

Someone like Nketiah despite being a crappy footballer at Arsenal (not more talented than Nwakali) is still stuck at Arsenal at 23 while Nwakali had to struggle with work permit issues in the same club.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 20, 2022
Parrot69:

In your mind now you think you won the game?
All thanks to FIFA ‘’away goal” that gave you the audacity to talk. undecided
Trash!!
https://twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1516340545450389505?t=u-SUjrF6Ge7Rr1VoN-g_pw&s=19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:19am On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:
Where you are born can also play an important role in your outcome. You can't compare someone born in Lagos with limited/poor training facilities and with likelihood of having work permit issues/quota issues if signed by a European club because he is not homegrown with someone born in Germany with access to better training facilities.

Such factors can hamper someone's life/career regardless of their talent and you are being dishonest if you think it doesn't.

Someone like Nketiah despite being a crappy footballer at Arsenal (not more talented than Nwakali) is still stuck at Arsenal at 23 while Nwakali had to struggle with work permit issues in the same club.
Asides England, I don't know of any other European country that conditions your work permit on the number of National team games you have played as a non EU citizen. I think those EPL rules were even removed last year post COVID.

You may have a point, but being born in Nigeria doesn't necessarily make you an automatic victim of circumstance. Do away with that mentality. You could be limiting yourself if you start thinking like that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Asides England, I don't know of any other European country that conditions your work permit on the number of National team games you have played as a non EU citizen. I think those EPL rules were even removed last year post COVID.

You may have a point, but being born in Nigeria doesn't necessarily make you an automatic victim of circumstance. Do away with that mentality. You could be limiting yourself if you start thinking like that.
Some countries like Russia have quotas as well.

I know being born in Nigeria doesn't make one victim of circumstance but was just responding to Komekn's earlier comment.

Even South Americans and players from North America face similar issues in European football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Don’t be surprised if Villarreal win 1st leg against Liverpool next week
They have 1 full week to prepare for Liverpool but Liverpool will play Everton on Sunday before the UCL fixture on Wednesday

Hopefully Klopp rotates his team properly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2022
drDoom3:

That was the same thing they said with Bayern.

It was said that this was Bayern's easiest possible draw.

Look how it ended.

Bayern has been scarier in UCL these past few years than Liverpool have been. If Bayern got knocked out, why do you conclude so easily that Liverpool will easily get past them? Does Bayern have two heads? Lol.
They have 1 full week to prepare for Liverpool but Liverpool will play Everton on Sunday before the UCL fixture on Wednesday

My favorite Liverpool player right now is Thiago
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
yinkeys:

Unai emery will rest players and klopp will play full squad

Let’s see sha

Liverpool remains favorite ,if dem underrate Villarreal Na dem sabi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 1:35pm On Apr 20, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Unai emery will rest players and klopp will play full squad

Let’s see sha

Liverpool remains favorite ,if dem underrate Villarreal Na dem sabi
Villarreal CF don’t have any match this weekend
Their next game is against Liverpool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
yinkeys:

Villarreal CF don’t have any match this weekend
Their next game is against Liverpool

Liverpool has peaked at just the right time. The team is in superb form.

It would be an uphill task for Villarreal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

What has Ike got to teach him,it may be the other way round.
What has Ike got to teach Maduka?

Pls I needs clarification here Oga komekn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
[ quote author=Kog45 post=112117546]What has Ike got to teach Maduka?
Pls I needs clarification here Oga komekn.[/quote]

Sir honestly am still thing on how to reply his other question, kaii
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:29pm On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:

You simply have no idea about what you are talking and about. Sorry to say you are HIGHLY MISINFORMED and COMPLETELY without knowledge.

Every society has its challenges ,it's pros and cons.

How many black players have played with exceptional quality. But how many are Managers of clubs in the UK.

Before their retirement boots have got time to dry out , Frank Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard are already Managers in the EPL and Championship.

You have no Idea of the depth of institutional and endemic racism in football at all levels. Before you make it , you have multiple hurdles to overcome.

Some unable to deal with the mental strain of exclusion by racial discrimination as be well as the abuse . Have fallen out if football altogether even some have even committed suicide.

It's not always plain sailing.

Do you know how many boys get released by football clubs every season. Eberechi Eze was released by about 7/8 clubs before he made it at QPR.

Nwakali is a "Waste Man" Arsenal discovered very early that he was " bad market" never bothered applying for a work permit.

They thought they could get some of their investment back. Loaned him out to multiple clubs without success over 4 years in the end they let him go to Porto B who did not want him either. Luckily Huesca took him on and gave him a low level contract.

For your information both Eze and Ovie were released by Arsenal but look at them now. Eddie refused to renew his contract wanted by multiple EPL clubs.

Who wants Nwakali ❓❓❓

You are talking balderdash Eddie is a million miles away from Nwakali not on the same level at all .

It's better to be stuck at Arsenal in the EPL with the club offering you a contract renewal. Than a nobody in the Segunda division with your club terminating your contract well before the season has ended. Club tried to offload him illegally they were desperate to get rid of him.

Comparing Eddie with Nwakali is like light and darkness.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
I did a breakdown of the Super Eagles draw for any who want to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv_PqrNFTc4

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
maidaboi:
Undiluted facts
Only delusional people will say that osimehn is better than Abraham because he is fast and can hustle. Football transcends Pace/strength and one has to refine his game and add other valuable attributes to become world class
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 4:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

You simply have no idea about what you are talking and about. Sorry to say you are HIGHLY MISINFORMED and COMPLETELY without knowledge.

Every society has its challenges ,it's pros and cons.

How many black players have played with exceptional quality. But how many are Managers of clubs in the UK.

Before their retirement boots have got time to dry out , Frank Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard are already Managers in the EPL and Championship.

You have no Idea of the depth of institutional and endemic racism in football at all levels. Before you make it , you have multiple hurdles to overcome.

Some unable to deal with the mental strain of exclusion by racial discrimination as be well as the abuse . Have fallen out if football altogether even some have even committed suicide.

It's not always plain sailing.

Do you know how many boys get released by football clubs every season. Eberechi Eze was released by about 7/8 clubs before he made it at QPR.

Nwakali is a "Waste Man" Arsenal discovered very early that he was " bad market" never bothered applying for a work permit.

They thought they could get some of their investment back. Loaned him out to multiple clubs without success over 4 years in the end they let him go to Porto B who did not want him either. Luckily Huesca took him on and gave him a low level contract.

For your information both Eze and Ovie were released by Arsenal but look at them now. Eddie refused to renew his contract wanted by multiple EPL clubs.

Who wants Nwakali ❓❓❓

You are talking balderdash Eddie is a million miles away from Nwakali not on the same level at all .

It's better to be stuck at Arsenal in the EPL with the club offering you a contract renewal. Than a nobody in the Segunda division with your club terminating your contract well before the season has ended. Club tried to offload him illegally they were desperate to get rid of him.

Comparing Eddie with Nwakali is like light and darkness.
I guess facing racism for black players born and trained in England is an obstacle but unable to get work permit for African players in England to due strict UK policy is not an obstacle.

Continue deceiving yourself, maybe you can tell me how many young African players got signed to EPL clubs from Africa and made it to their first team without being established internationals.

Nketiah also is a useless footballer and if he had been born in Ghana will be with Accra Hearts of Oak

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
BannedLarge:

Only delusional people will say that osimehn is better than Abraham because he is fast and can hustle. Football transcends Pace/strength and one has to refine his game and add other valuable attributes to become world class
I personally will pick Osimhen over Abraham because I think he is better but Osimhen have not shown in anyway that he is better so far

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by superbloke(m): 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

Many will not like to consider these facts.

I have said before Victor O has a determination and rage that I've not seen in any player,he is relentless in his pursuit has speed and aerial ability.

On the other hand Tega has outstanding technical ability, skill and football intelligence as well as speed. We dont always associate speed with Tega because he brings so much more.

Who is faster is open to debate, Aggression is definitely with Victor O .

I think the only thing Osimhen needs to be clear of Tammy is the technicality. At the moment, Tammy trumps Victor in that aspect and that is what gives him the edge. There's only so much speed and aggression can do for you (and I think Victor has more speed). A highly technical player will make up for that deficit with cerebral play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 5:42pm On Apr 20, 2022
5inchdick:

Sadiq and Nacho who broke down Tunisia when they set out to defend at AFCON.
Yes. We saw how improved our attack became when Sadiq was subbed in with one man down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:
I guess facing racism for black players born and trained in England is an obstacle but unable to get work permit for African players in England to due strict UK policy is not an obstacle.

Continue deceiving yourself, maybe you can tell me how many young African players got signed to EPL clubs from Africa and made it to their first team without being established internationals.

Nketiah also is a useless footballer and if he had been born in Ghana will be with Accra Hearts of Oak

One question is if Eddie Nketiah, after 52 games in the EPL and is only 22 no age creation, is useless what then do you call Nwakali.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2022
maidaboi:
I personally will pick Osimhen over Abraham because I think he is better but Osimhen have not shown in anyway that he is better so far

You contradict yourself.

Just say you have emotive preference for Victor O.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 5:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:
Some countries like Russia have quotas as well.

I know being born in Nigeria doesn't make one victim of circumstance but was just responding to Komekn's earlier comment.

Even South Americans and players from North America face similar issues in European football.
Okay. But it think that stuff only happens with England in Europe. It has been removed btw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:11pm On Apr 20, 2022
Highlights of Rivers United defeating Enyimba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ml-U9kJIDc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:18pm On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

One question is if Eddie Nketiah, after 52 games in the EPL and is only 22 no age creation, is useless what then do you call Nwakali.
52 games and 5 goals as a forward, both players are crap by the way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:
You get time sha...
Sometimes I don't understand how that guy analyze football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2022
mostob:
You get time sha...
Sometimes I don't understand how that guy analyze football.
Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2022
komekn:

What has Ike got to teach him,it may be the other way round.

You are asking what an ex international who has won the AFCON, played in the world cup and spent considerable number of years in Europe can teach Maduka Okoye? Lol..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:23pm On Apr 20, 2022
Karlovich:

Komekn and some others van argue it how much they like, but the fact remain that a lot of these European players are quite privileged to be born in countries where the system work and they have little problem with navigating through their career... Problem is that some of them don't have the talents for it... And there's this bias European teams are known to exhibit.. Take Man Utd for example..They have slabhead Maguire who is an absolute joke of a player.. But he gets to starts every game ahead of somebody like Eric Bailey..He was even made captain ahead of somebody like De Gea...Is Maguire worth the money and title he got at Man Utd? definitely not..but he has the privilege..
Fact is, fingers aren't equal...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13068) (13069) (13070) (13071) (13072) (13073) (13074) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.