Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13154) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11682275 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13151) (13152) (13153) (13154) (13155) (13156) (13157) ... (16154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:32pm On May 12, 2022
chrisooblog:
I'm not versed with the goings on in the NBA when it comes to player management but like football won't a player getting minutes help him improve on his weaknesses as per Jordan Nwora's defensive issues?

Yes it can only help one improve but the talk about Nwora's defense is overemphasized. That was the knock on him coming out of college but people refuse to even take notice of the improvements he has made.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 12, 2022
komekn:

I once called him a " Waste Man" he had multiple opportunities at Liverpool and just couldn't cut it.

Even intially at Bournemouth but over the past 2/3 season he has developed into a real goal scorer. It may be the Championship but to get 29 goals in a season is actually outstanding.

I remember saying he had better qualities as an out and out striker than KC at the time. With the usual vitriolic rhetoric responses.

4 years later my opinion has not changed.

I doubt if he will go to Newcastle Bournemouth AFC are already in the EPL. So unless Newcastle offer some crazy money which they may do he will not leave Bournemouth.
He would be stupid not to move to Newcastle, lol... Very very stupid!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:40pm On May 12, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Newcastle going for solanke is not ambitious

He is not even better than callum Wilson

I really don't know yet , let's wait and see what the new rejuvenated former Waste Man will do in the EPL.

What I can say is that Solanke can now finish with aplomb and brilliance. He is very different now.

He is technically better than Callum Wilson.

When Callum was in the EPL his best tally was 20.

Solanke has scored 29 .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:48pm On May 12, 2022
Oasis001:
8. Ishaq Rafiu (Rivers Utd):

Rafiu is the revelation of the season for me. Top scorer with 14 goals & three assists from 26 games.

The 21-year-old winger is a graduate of Nigeria's U17.

His top form has put Rivers in a good position to win the NPFL title.
Imagine if this guy and the Akwa Utd guy that went through the U17 had the mindset of some people here...Abroad at all cost

Just imagine where they'd be now. Perhaps their names will have been bandied when discussing how football talents die here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 3:58pm On May 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

That was the old excuse but he has clearly made improvements in his defense this season. Plus it is not like Grayson Allen and co are putting the clamps on Tatum and Brown.

I just hope Jordan can click up with Mike Brown in Sacramento cos I don't see him blossoming with coach Bud.
i think metu will do well in Sacramento under Mike brown compare to Jordan even his 3's this days are no forth coming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 4:00pm On May 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Yes it can only help one improve but the talk about Nwora's defense is overemphasized. That was the knock on him coming out of college but people refuse to even take notice of the improvements he has made.
good defense win championship
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2022
komekn:

I really don't know yet , let's wait and see what the new rejuvenated former Waste Man will do in the EPL.

What I can say is that Solanke can now finish with aplomb and brilliance. He is very different now.

Solanke has scored 29.
In the EPL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2022
geonyte:
good defense win championship

The bucks are a great defensive team because of Jrue and Giannis. The others just give effort but those 2 are actually stoppers. I could add Brook Lopez cos of his rim protection.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:27pm On May 12, 2022
geonyte:
i think metu will do well in Sacramento under Mike brown compare to Jordan even his 3's this days are no forth coming.

But Jordan shoots way better than Metu. He is even getting better at creating shots for himself and his teammates. If he can get a team that will allow him to play week in week out I am sure he will be a problem for years to come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:28pm On May 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

The bucks are a great defensive team because of Jrue and Giannis. The others just give effort but those 2 are actually stoppers. I could add Brook Lopez cos of his rim protection.

And the bucks would win it again no doubt

Phoenix and Celtics can only try butthe result will be the same

Bucks have way too much firepower
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:51pm On May 12, 2022
komekn:

Solanke has scored 29 .

I guess you wanna say the championship,who rate players by the championship ?

Why not talk about their time at Bournemouth together in the epl ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:06pm On May 12, 2022
jihday:
Per owngoal, Osimhen asked to be left out of the friendlies but will be available for the qualifiers, Onuachu will be getting married by the end of the month, Nacho was left out so the coach can take a look at other guys but he’s definitely in the coach’s plan same as Awoniyi
Which kain plans the coach dey get, no be interim coach e be? It will be absurd if Salisu is made coach of the NT. Honestly, he should have been excused from all NT duties, I mean look at Allardyce and his aborted England NT job.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 5:33pm On May 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

But Jordan shoots way better than Metu. He is even getting better at creating shots for himself and his teammates. If he can get a team that will allow him to play week in week out I am sure he will be a problem for years to come.
FG ban Basketball for two years in Nigeria.
CC:BascoVanVeli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 12, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Chimezie's ceiling is a high energy backup big at best... I have high hopes for Jordan if be can find a way out of Milwaukee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 6:53pm On May 12, 2022
Kog45:
FG ban Basketball for two years in Nigeria.
CC:BascoVanVeli
While Sunday Dare may think he has good intentions, he strikes me as a person who lacks the intellectual capacity for his position. What does he want to do with the local league within two years to produce talents, that he hasn't done with football that is popular in Nigeria.

He wants to control the NBBF but the legitimate faction of NBBF did not listen to him so he went ahead to stage another NBBF faction loyal to him. That one is not recognized by FIBA.

For sometime, there has been growing dissent among domestic players on neglect of their league and abandonment for dual nationals. They seem to have the backing of Dare and his loyal NBBF faction not recognized by FIBA.

So now Sunday Dare uses the FG to ban NBBF from participating in international competitions, effectively striking out foreign based players. According to him, we should focus on the local league.

If you want to develop the league, everyone supports that. Why go ahead to stop the national team from participating in competitions?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:13pm On May 12, 2022
komekn:

Solanke has scored 29 .

Solanke has 4 EPL GOALS
Wilson has 59 EPL GOALS.
Weird that to prove the better player you had to compare their championship stats and discard their real epl stats. Since when did the championship become the standard for measurement

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 8:37pm On May 12, 2022
Naija Guy balling hard in Brazil

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2022
Your waste man has 4 EPL goals
komekn:

Solanke has scored 29 .

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2022
isan:
Your waste man has 4 EPL goals

How many years ago was that .

He has developed and is now the second highest goal scorer in the Championship.

What will he do when he starts playing in the EPL, l really cannot predict but he is now a very different player so my expectations are very different NOW
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2022
jihday:
Amaju said a new coach will be announced on Thursday and owngoal is reporting that the new coach is Paseiro
maybe the Thursday is next week because I never see any announcements since morning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:38pm On May 12, 2022
How does suspending Nigeria from international competition help the country to focus on grassroots basketball development? What is the meaning of this?

Sunday Dare is the worst Minister of Sport in Nigerian history!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 11:46pm On May 12, 2022
Ppogbae:
How does suspending Nigeria from international competition help the country to focus on grassroots basketball development? What is the meaning of this?

Absolutely brainless decision
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:32am On May 13, 2022
Ppogbae:

we are yet to see anything from Sunday,

pray he don't succeed cos I see him doing same to our football, particularly since we are approaching election few months from now,

see what a celebrated sport jouno is doing to sports as a minister?

we Indeed never chimchumhim
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 8:13am On May 13, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Ask you and your people who are obsessed with him tongue
Lol you, you no Dey obsessed with am Abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by signz: 8:20am On May 13, 2022
Ppogbae:

He has less than a year to spend as Minister of Sports. I never in my wildest dreams thought Sunday Dare would be the worst sports minister in the history of this country. #SundayDareWorstsportsminister
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:19am On May 13, 2022
signz:

He has less than a year to spend as Minister of Sports. I never in my wildest dreams thought Sunday Dare would be the worst sports minister in the history of this country. #SundayDareWorstsportsminister

The Bihari administration has been terrible for sports. Everyone thought nothing could be worse than Dalung, but Dare obviously proved us wrong. While the sport ministry's decision stands condemned, I however think the greedy administrations and FIBA share the most blame. The 2 leadership faction would rather see everything burn to the ground than have any other person lead and FIBA sadly hasn't just watched this happened the last five years, they have been active participants in the whole debacle. So sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2022
Bassey targeted by Aston villa as back up to French left back Lucas digne
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 12:40pm On May 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
Somehow resembles Ramon Azeez. Are they related?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:46pm On May 13, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Bassey targeted by Aston villa as back to Lucas digne

He should not go where he will be benched at this point of his career

There is no way he will be playing ahead of Lucas digne there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:47pm On May 13, 2022
zuchyblink:
One for the future, hopefully he can move up from the Sao Paulo U20 where he scored this goal to the senior team.
That aside, just read that this boy was scouted at a tournament in Ibadan and taken to Brazil, as GoodJoe said, talents abound in this country but the NFF and the sports ministry only wants to pick ready made players for all tournaments. We need a structured talent development plan for soccer in our country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:05pm On May 13, 2022
Comrade Pepe is impressed.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13151) (13152) (13153) (13154) (13155) (13156) (13157) ... (16154) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Taazenga(m), Tessyy1701, comodo and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.