Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11776920 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13165) (13166) (13167) (13168) (13169) (13170) (13171) ... (16192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:07am On May 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Awoniyi player 6 games in conference league and scored 2 goals ,I don’t know if he needs to score 6 goals or his team needs to make it far

Like I said ,his bundesliga performance covers it all

Are you not the same brother that called Conference League a plumber tournament?

Also I didn't just look at goals, or else Moses and Chukwueze wouldn't be there.

All-round performance and quality of league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:21am On May 18, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Are you not the same brother that called Conference League a plumber tournament?

Also I didn't just look at goals, or else Moses and Chukwueze wouldn't be there.

All-round performance and quality of league.

And that’s why I don’t rate Awoniyi performance there ,so what’s your point of me calling it a plumber tournament ?

You have even given me my perfect answer .

Goals and everything Awoniyi was top notch this season .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:40am On May 18, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Most big chances created Europa League?

Joe Aribo.

Tonight vs Eintracht Frankfurt!
I hope he flourishes under Peseiro

Been a while we had a Nigerian midfielder making such waves

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:50am On May 18, 2022
Highlights of the Flying Eagles match. Congrats to the boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKlO5My8fyQ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:07am On May 18, 2022
Exactly what I was thinking doc.
it's a bit of a stretch to say he's 15/16 but he definitely looks u21 to me. Will keep tabs on him.

TheSuperNerd:
Another source said 16 yrs. I think they are really pushing it. grin grin

He looks to me like an U-21 but 16? Well... no words from me.

Age aside, the lad is truly a Baller.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:15am On May 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

And that’s why I don’t rate Awoniyi performance there ,so what’s your point of me calling it a plumber tournament ?

You have even given me my perfect answer .

Goals and everything Awoniyi was top notch this season .

No doubt, but 10 Nigerians were better in my opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:17am On May 18, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

No doubt, but 10 Nigerians were better in my opinion.

10 Nigerians weren’t better than him

Maybe you think to score 15 bundesliga goals Na moi moi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:20am On May 18, 2022
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Emmanuel Dennis
Anthony Nwakaeme
Zaidu Sanusi
Leon Balogun
Samuel Chukwueze
Cyril Dessers

Honorable Mentions
Ademola Lookman
David Okereke
Wilfred Ndidi
Sadiq Umar
Paul Onuachu

*modified*
switched dessers for onuachu

TheLoneCitizen:
Who are your 10 best Nigerian performers of 2021/22?

I'll go first: in descending order

Victor Osimhen
Anthony Nwakaeme
Moses Simon
Emmanuel Dennis
Wilfred Ndidi
Joe Aribo
Victor Moses
Samuel Chukwueze
Paul Onuachu
Cyriel Dessers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:04am On May 18, 2022
Most tackles per game Premier league: 1st
Most tackles per game afcon: 1st
Interceptions per game Premier League: 5th.

Wilfred Ndidi. Another routine season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:05am On May 18, 2022
chrisooblog:
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Emmanuel Dennis
Anthony Nwakaeme
Zaidu Sanusi
Leon Balogun
Samuel Chukwueze
Cyril Dessers

Honorable Mentions
Ademola Lookman
David Okereke
Wilfred Ndidi
Sadiq Umar
Paul Onuachu

*modified*

Bassey had a better season than Balogun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:30am On May 18, 2022
Injuries hampered Balogun plus he scored a few goals. Bassey tried but Leon shades it for me.

TheLoneCitizen:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:58am On May 18, 2022
chrisooblog:
Taiwo Awoniyi
Victor Osimhen
Moses Simon
Joe Aribo
Emmanuel Dennis
Anthony Nwakaeme
Zaidu Sanusi
Leon Balogun
Samuel Chukwueze
Cyril Dessers

Honorable Mentions
Ademola Lookman
David Okereke
Wilfred Ndidi
Sadiq Umar
Paul Onuachu

*modified*

How many place you want put dessers wey you comot onuachu ?

Anyway onuachu had a better season than chukwueze

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:59am On May 18, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 12:25pm On May 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

They looked better than us, but couldn't convert.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On May 18, 2022
Transfer News: Ademola Lookman

Leicester City looking to permanently sign Ademola Lookman for £14 million from RB Leipzig.

Source: Telegraph Football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:31pm On May 18, 2022
Onuachu was initially in my top 10 but Dessers' recent performances especially pushing Feyernord to the Europa conference league final changed my mind.

On the face of it it's understandable why you would rate Paul over Chukwueze this season, however the league and european club competitions in which Samuel has performed in puts things in his favor. You have to admit scoring the winning goal against almighty Bayern Munich in the UCL quarter finals trumps scoring against some Belgian farmers week in, week out no matter how consistent

andrewbaba44:

How many place you want put dessers wey you comot onuachu ?

Anyway onuachu had a better season than chukwueze
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:48pm On May 18, 2022
chrisooblog:
Onuachu was initially in my top 10 but Dessers' recent performances especially pushing Feyernord to the Europa conference league final changed my mind.

On the face of it it's understandable why you would rate Paul over Chukwueze this season, however the league and european club competitions in which Samuel has performed in puts things in his favor. You have to admit scoring the winning goal against almighty Bayern Munich in the UCL quarter finals trumps scoring against some Belgian farmers week in, week out no matter how consistent

Scoring a winning goal against Bayern should not push out a consistent performance biko ,don’t bring the farmers league talk here

Not taking anything away from chukwueze ,but common onuachu is ahead this season,if chukwueze had a better goal and assist then I would take him ,I can’t use just a goal against Bayern biko

We should kukuma say rodrygo had a better season than lewandowski since he scored important goals against Chelsea and man city grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:24pm On May 18, 2022
Benin Republic defeating Burkina Faso. Nice goals by Benin, the final is going to be hot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4dTN3Op-M

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:30pm On May 18, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Not bad.

Something that doesn't add up is that countries like Mali or CIV that end up not reaching the Afcon or even still find a way that their players get into top flight football

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:47pm On May 18, 2022
The quality of the league and competitions that Chukwueze play's is what ranks in his favor.

The Rodrygo and Lewandowski example is in no way similar. Both play in top rated leagues, both play in highly prestigious competitions

Harsh as it may sound but for now Onuachu is just a local champion in a farmers league like Nwakaeme but at least Tony won a league title.

andrewbaba44:

Scoring a winning goal against Bayern should not push out a consistent performance biko ,don’t bring the farmers league talk here

Not taking anything away from chukwueze ,but common onuachu is ahead this season,if chukwueze had a better goal and assist then I would take him ,I can’t use just a goal against Bayern biko

We should kukuma say rodrygo had a better season than lewandowski since he scored important goals against Chelsea and man city grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:50pm On May 18, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Chukwueze had one of his normal seasons...nothing new

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:15pm On May 18, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Who are your 10 best Nigerian performers of 2021/22?

I'll go first: in descending order

Victor Osimhen
Anthony Nwakaeme
Moses Simon
Emmanuel Dennis
Wilfred Ndidi
Joe Aribo
Victor Moses
Samuel Chukwueze
Paul Onuachu
Cyriel Dessers
My own in any order na:
Terem Moffi
Ekong
Etebo
Kalu
Nwakali
Arokodare
Omeruo
Uzoho
Musa
Shehu
Other notable mention for me ma Iheanacho.
What I wrote is my own subjective opinion.
Jah bless!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:18pm On May 18, 2022
Odunayaw:
Not bad.

Something that doesn't add up is that countries like Mali or CIV that end up not reaching the Afcon or even still find a way that their players get into top flight football
I think that some of those guys you are referring to in top leagues in Europe are actually European born guys, please note that I wrote "some".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:23pm On May 18, 2022
hatakekakashi:

They looked better than us, but couldn't convert.
Na we no lose chances abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:28pm On May 18, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

I think that some of those guys you are referring to in top leagues in Europe are actually European boy guys, please note that I wrote "some".

even if not some, being a francophone countries makes it easy8for them through the policy of Association

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:29pm On May 18, 2022
Odunayaw:

Gbam
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:34pm On May 18, 2022
chrisooblog:
The quality of the league and competitions that Chukwueze play's is what ranks in his favor.

The Rodrygo and Lewandowski example is in no way similar. Both play in top rated leagues, both play in highly prestigious competitions

Harsh as it may sound but for now Onuachu is just a local champion in a farmers league like Nwakaeme but at least Tony won a league title.

You can talk down on onuachu as you like but the truth is bitter ,no be today ,when he won the Belgian footballer of the year una no Kuku praise am

Chukwueze had a normal season and nothing spectacular ,onuachu is a local champion in Belgium as if chukwueze is giving you Vinicius performance at Laliga grin

Since the Belgium league is easy how many naija player have given you the onuachu performance there ?

The rodrygo and lewa is similar ,Na una Dey always fall Germany league farmers league so it’s very very similar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:46pm On May 18, 2022
Watched the highlights now, but Ivory Coast defenders cleared or really blocked 3 goal bound balls tho. Could as well have been 3 or 4-1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:46pm On May 18, 2022
We are talking about this season so no reason to bring up award that was won last year.

Chukwueze had a decent season considering he was coming back from a terrible injury he got towards the end of last term. He just one goal away from equaling his best ever performance so you can't downgrade him just like that.

I never called German farmers league. At least Spain and Germany are rated as part of the 5 best leagues in the world. Please the Belgian league where Onuachu is 'beasting' what's the ranking I want to see something grin

andrewbaba44:

You can talk down on onuachu as you like but the truth is bitter ,no be today ,when he won the Belgian footballer of the year una no Kuku praise am

Chukwueze had a normal season and nothing spectacular ,onuachu is a local champion in Belgium as if chukwueze is giving you Vinicius performance at Laliga grin

Since the Belgium league is easy how many naija player have given you the onuachu performance there ?

The rodrygo and lewa is similar ,Na una Dey always fall Germany league farmers league so it’s very very similar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:50pm On May 18, 2022
Chief I hope you know he's almost equaled his best ever season stats in terms of goals and assists and has been injured o!

Odunayaw:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 2:53pm On May 18, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Na we no lose chances abi?
Omo see point blank headers they should have buried.

We lose chances too Sha. The players are still very inexperienced.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:54pm On May 18, 2022
chrisooblog:
Chief I hope you know he's almost equaled his best ever season stats in terms of goals and assists and has been injured o!

7 G+A is what we are celebrating now

Hurray

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13165) (13166) (13167) (13168) (13169) (13170) (13171) ... (16192) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheGoodJoe(m), samtol4(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.