Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11652828 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13242) (13243) (13244) (13245) (13246) (13247) (13248) ... (16147) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:01pm On Jun 04, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Make I forgive super eagles as England lost against Hungary who Ecuador is a better team than
Strange
And I thought 3 lions would lift the World Cup
They’ve been to semis in all competitions since 2018
Their youth teams won their world cups.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:45pm On Jun 04, 2022
mostob:
Shey na on this pitch we go play qualifier grin grin grin

Remind me how much they used to renovate this stadium
A million dollars grin And they built only pitch oh.

Meanwhile it takes half a million to install an EPL pitch.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

grin grin
This country na cruise abeg... Nothing is working
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 7:57pm On Jun 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
I doubt Napoli will allow osimehn leave this summer unless a team bill pay 100m

That club ehh Bayern Munich would have been perfect for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2022
Highlights of Flamingos clinching World Cup ticket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGrCrlgZxU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2022
yinkeys:

Balogun made error against Central Africa Republic last year in Lagos. We lost that game

You do realise he scored our goal against Ghana
Balogun only real error was against Madagascar.CAR goal cannot be blamed on any player,just open play goal but Ekong already had two avoidable own goals cos he was not under any intense pressure,pls check that own goal against Mexico again.

The only thing I like about Ekong was his guts on the field of play,check out his penalty against Ghana but to be sincere with you I don't rate him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
Meliforme:
Top Eleven Super Eagles players with the best passing technique.

Kelechi Nwakali
Okechukwu Azubuike
Innocent Bonke
Chidera Ejuke
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Raphael Onyedika
Moses Simon
Alex lwobi
Frank Onyeka

What is passing technique
Passing technique refers to the entire complement of passing skills. A player's passing technique refers to number of passing skills the player brings to his game.

What are the skills that composites the technique of passing
Listed below are passing skills:
a) Short pass.
b) Long pass.
c) Chipped pass.
d) Crossing. I included crossing as a passing skill in the study.

How i performed the calculation used for the ranking
1) The number of passing skills a player brings to his game.
2) The accuracy at which each of the passing skill was executed.
3) The average number of the each of the passing skill completed per game .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:49pm On Jun 04, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
Highlights of Flamingos clinching World Cup ticket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atGrCrlgZxU
Is this the same pitch Super Eagles will play on?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Sunday Dare his achieved his aim. he just threw away the efforts of young girls who fought on their own with little support. He can now qualify us for the 20XX world cup with the home based team he has being obsessed with. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with that man. Home based this and that all the time. If he's not against foreign coaches he's preventing players from playing.

When we had structures, we were not even doing well in Africa. Clubs like Ebun Comets, First Bank, etc use to be beaten by Angolan and Egyption clubs, Even Tunisians. This is not football, even if it is, even home based is really below raw. Two years is not even even enough to produce world beaters. NBA and WNBA is football s version of world cup, our players play there. Why ban the team?

Even Angola has declined greatly, though they have super structures at home, but their players are not there at the NBA

Politics have ruined this one once again. undecided undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 9:13pm On Jun 04, 2022
Meliforme:

Kelechi Nwakali
Okechukwu Azubuike
Innocent Bonke
Chidera Ejuke
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Raphael Onyedika
Moses Simon
Alex lwobi
Frank Onyeka

I have read most, if not all the criticisms directed at the list above. Criticisms are very much welcome. I am grateful for them. However i will ask that if you are to give your criticism, please go a little extra to attach stats to the criticism you intend to purvey.

Life is ruled by facts not sentiments. I did not just wake up to compose that list, i invested time and resource studying every Super Eagles player. I did it out of love and enthusiasm.

I have also given the metrics i used for the compilation in my previous post. Please feel free to give a contrary opinion and do so with stats.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:26pm On Jun 04, 2022
mostob:
grin grin
This country na cruise abeg... Nothing is working
Beyond football, I'm not optimistic over Nigeria because I know that before we see any serious change, the mentality and behavior of majority of the people needs to become smarter and organized

That alone takes a lot of time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 9:38pm On Jun 04, 2022
gamaliel9:

When we had structures, we were not even doing well in Africa. Clubs like Ebun Comets, First Bank, etc use to be beaten by Angolan and Egyption clubs, Even Tunisians. This is not football, even if it is, even home based is really below raw. Two years is not even even enough to produce world beaters. NBA and WNBA is football s version of world cup, our players play there. Why ban the team?

Even Angola has declined greatly, though they have super structures at home, but their players are not there at the NBA

Politics have ruined this one once again. undecided undecided
Many Nigerians have too much ego. I already knew it was a matter of time before things like this pop up.

Many have that tendency to reject anything that is not "fully Nigerian" threatening to replace us permanently. It can have good sides but it has bad implications too.

BTW, it's not just a Nigerian thing. You'll see it in other major African countries like SA and Maybe parts of the African north.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2022
JohnBullMySon:

not only pitch, renovated the whole place
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bigzigg(m): 10:33pm On Jun 04, 2022
Meliforme:

Passing technique refers to the entire complement of passing skills. A player's passing technique refers to number of passing skills the player brings to his game.

a) Short pass.
b) Long pass.
c) Chipped pass.

That your list is laughable, boss!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2022
jihday:
not only pitch, renovated the whole place
Peripheral works like cleaning up the place, fixing lights, utility and scoreboard. The entire infrastructure, seats and everything was always there.

In Nigeria, we spend so much money doing little.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:59pm On Jun 04, 2022
Meliforme:

I have read most, if not all the criticisms directed at the list above. Criticisms are very much welcome. I am grateful for them. However i will ask that if you are to give your criticism, please go a little extra to attach stats to the criticism you intend to purvey.

Life is ruled by facts not sentiments. I did not just wake up to compose that list, i invested time and resource studying every Super Eagles player. I did it out of love and enthusiasm.

I have also given the metrics i used for the compilation in my previous post. Please feel free to give a contrary opinion and do so with stats.

Did you attach stats to your own list?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:47pm On Jun 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
bro the matter tire me how folks here rate certain players

Ejike as a player is bereft of footballing intelligence. Many here still fail to understand that the game have evolved where coaches demands for less dribble with efficiency because while dribbling a player may lose the ball which will wreck havoc to his team

Football is more mechanical and scientific now unlike years back. Here we tend to hype players that many atimes don’t merit it at all

Ejike is a poor player, to me he is still amateurish and have a lot to learn for him to make the leap to bigger leagues in the future

Football analysts and experts says otherwise.
So being the third best dribbler in the world is all you know about Ejuke.

You have not noticed his goals and assists, only one player at CSKA Moscow has more goals than him, and only one player made more assists than him. This is because he played most games in the second half of the season as a sub, at a time he was leading in goals and assists.

Only one player passes the ball better than Ejuke at CSKA Moscow, and that player is a midfielder.

I can tell you for free that Ejuke is more intelligent than all SE wingers.
No Super Eagles player commands more technique than Ejuke.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:51pm On Jun 04, 2022
Blueelf:

Did you attach stats to your own list?

Some of the stats are from Whoscored and Sofascore. Those are the ones that are quite common. You can start with those.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Jun 05, 2022
Bigzigg:

Give a break down why you think so. He took his time to break down the parameters of his decisions. The only way you can counter his list is by coming up with what you think are the better parameters or learn from his study.

Meliforme, thank you for the good work. I appreciate your time and passion.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:07am On Jun 05, 2022
Bigzigg:

Yes it looks ludicrous prima facie, but you need a little deeper to uncover facts.
That we find it difficult to string passes, and transition from defense to attack is not altogether a coaching problem.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:11am On Jun 05, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Give a break down why you think so. He took his time to break down the parameters of his decision. The only way you can counters his list is by coming up with what you think are the better parameters or learn from his study.

Meliforme, thank you for the good work. I appreciate your time and passion.

You are welcome. TheGoodJoe.
Thank you so much for the appreciation.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

a) Short pass.
b) Long pass.
c) Chipped pass.

Your top 3 is laughable…no goal or assist,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:32am On Jun 05, 2022
Ecuador did this modern play from the back. I noticed we didn't have a plan on how to counter that approach. It would be interesting to see how to counter that game style and at the same time, perfecting such a style to our strength. That has come to stay. Any team that can't do that in Africa should goan siddon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:54am On Jun 05, 2022
Truidstar:

Your top 3 is laughable…no goal or assist,

Goalscoring should be listed as a shooting technique not passing technique.
Assists making is not a technique in football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:04am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

a) Short pass.
b) Long pass.
c) Chipped pass.

This is not the definition of technique, sir.

And you just listed the players with the best passing ability not technique

Here's dictionary definition of technique:
A method of achieving something or carrying something out, especially one requiring some skill or knowledge.

So passing technique is your method of passing the ball, not how many passes you have in your locker.

Respect, sir.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:08am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

You have not noticed his goals and assists, only one player at CSKA Moscow has more goals than him, and only one player made more assists than him. This is because he played most games in the second half of the season as a sub, at a time he was leading in goals and assists.

Only one player passes the ball better than Ejuke at CSKA Moscow, and that player is a midfielder.

You're contradicting yourself sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:40am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

Kelechi Nwakali
Okechukwu Azubuike
Innocent Bonke
Chidera Ejuke
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alhassan Yusuf
Obinna Nwobodo
Raphael Onyedika
Moses Simon
Alex lwobi
Frank Onyeka

We might have different definitions of what passing is, then.

Nacho is the best passer on our team. Iwobi is close behind. No one else comes close. Maybe Bassey with long passes and crosses, and Aribo/Sadiq/Chuks occasionally here and there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 7:24am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

When it comes to pace, he’s quick
He’s got pace compared to other wingers we’ve got.
Against Ghana in the 75th minute our players were tired & somewhat slow
In my mind I was thinking if only they invited him and used him in the right flank as a super sub
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:15am On Jun 05, 2022
yinkeys:

When it comes to pace, he’s quick
He’s got pace compared to other wingers we’ve got.
Against Ghana in the 75th minute our players were tired & somewhat slow
In my mind I was thinking if only they invited him and used him in the right flank as a super sub
Happy Sunday Yinkeys,Ejuke remind me of some flashy players that are so deceptive in their style of play....seeing Ejuke playing you love him straight but looking deeper you noticed something missing.I will pick Dennis and Lookman over him for now....he has the skills and if care is not taken one might decides to use as AM but guess what he need to improve on his decision with ball.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2022
Meliforme:

Agreed and Left wing is between Ejuke and Lookman. With all due respect Simon should sit please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:33am On Jun 05, 2022
BOOOMNAIJA:
What's ur take.....

It's d inclusion of d Israeli based Adebayo adeleye goalkeeper for me.

We only need three things to turn around d Super Eagles.....let adeleye take over d goalkeeping department and do away with troost ekong in that defence, then get rid of that Salisu Yusuf man from d coaching crew...shikena.

3 coaches and the nature of our call ups have not changed, it looks like jazz at this point
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:36am On Jun 05, 2022
andrewbaba44:

They should have given him a 1 year extension at least

Yes but they are trying to make way for Leon King a youngstar

(1) (2) (3) ... (13242) (13243) (13244) (13245) (13246) (13247) (13248) ... (16147) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tinneh and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.