Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,044 members, 7,863,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11948895 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13251) (13252) (13253) (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) ... (16363) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
Please I hope people are noting down this picture o! Not that in 4/5 years time you will say one of them is married with a kid because of some made up story on social media.

TheSuperNerd:
Like Flying Eagles, Like Golden Eaglets...

In other news, really looking forward to the new cadet stars that will show their stuff starting from this weekend in Ghana at the Wafu B Afcon U17 Qualifier tournament.

Some lads to look out for according to various live camp reports and close scouting observations:

GKs:

Pascal Uzoho, Richard Odoh (Team's #1)

Odoh is said to be quite good at almost everything between the sticks at this level. Hopefully he lives up to the hypes.

Defence:

Emmanuel Michael (left sided attacking Midfielder converted to LB)

Jeremiah Olaleke - Fullback and Center back potential.

Yahaya Lawal - Fullback potential.

Midfield:

Ebube Okere (Midfield's trojan. Ball winning MF)

Ozor Okeke (technically gifted MF. Said to possess a high football IQ in the middle game. Time will tell)

Attack:

Kevwe Iyede (one report likens him to another rising Osimhen).

Precious Williams - Team Captain and Goals Lord of the team. Highly rated by the coaches.

Abubakar Abdullahi - Sweet left foot. Good build. Tall, strong physically.

Jubril Azeez - In the words of a close observer, he could be the team's joker. Also left footed.

Really hope the team live up to the hypes from close observers of the Ugbade-assembled Team.

Wishing the team all the best. cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joelsteron: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
mostob:
To be honest, that will be perfect. And I hope Bassey get in some crosses too

What is Simon doing on the pitch then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
Yes my good man. Behind closed doors too.

Odunayaw:
Please, is it still Abuja they will play it?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28pm On Jun 08, 2022
Hmmm... your question cannot be properly answered until we see Ugbade's work with the current boys picked.

Manu served as Assistant to Late Yemi Tella and won the 2007 U17 WC. Headed the crew in 2013 assisted by Amuneke and Ugbade and won it again.

But I must admit, it has been established by close observers of those teams that Amuneke and Ugbade were actually the brains behind that 2013 success. Little wonder in 2015, Amuneke went solo assisted by a new staff and won it.

This will be Ugbade's first assignment as the Head Coach so time will answer it better but it has been said by some observers again that if Manu had Ugbade for the 2019 class, things may have been kinda different. Ugbade is touted to be a coach versed in the science of the modern game and is a very good talent spotter akin to Amuneke.

So in all, let time answer it better.

mostob:
Bookmarked..

I'll be following them closely.
BTW, Nduka or Many Garba? Who do you think is a better handler for our cadet team?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:32pm On Jun 08, 2022
chrisooblog:
Please I hope people are noting down this picture o! Not that in 4/5 years time you will say one of them is married with a kid because of some made up story on social media.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Jun 08, 2022
jihday:
you people should take note of their faces o, not that in 2 years time you’ll start telling us they are over 30 years old with 5 children

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:48pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Yes my good man. Behind closed doors too.

I had asked could we do Hungarian style and have school children in the stadium?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I don't have to. You cannot make me. Also, I don't see how answering relates to my point about Simon's recent showings in the GWG, especially vs Ecuador.

Like I told my good man Basco, I won't get drawn into an unnecessary prolonged talk on this. So excuse me.

You're excused, mate.
Just try to be constructively factual with your criticism next time, brother.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2022
We could since Hungary did it despite serving a stadium ban but that's up to the authorities and their understanding with CAF Match officials/personnel for the game.

AndSunGorilla:

I had asked could we do Hungarian style and have school children in the stadium?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
Still irrelevant. Try not to ask me irrelevant questions when I am making a factual point about Simon's abysmal crossing & poor wing plays of late. Bye.

TheLoneCitizen:

You're excused, mate.
Just try to be constructively factual with your criticism next time, brother.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:57pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

More on Peseiro speaks....

Jose Peseiro: "I came here for one goal, I want to win the next AFCON for my fantastic players and for Nigerians. I am confident because I believe in this team, I believe in the quality and the number of good players.

"I have followed Nigeria's history in football from the 1994 and other successful teams and I want to bring back that joy again."

Oh well.... Let's see him walking the talk. Time will tell.

I see hunger, confidence and ambition written all over Pacero's body language, if he does well, we do well so what choice do I have?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
Time will tell. First competitive game is tomorrow. No place to hide.

AndSunGorilla:

I see hunger, confidence and ambition written all over Pacero's body language, if he does well, we do well so what choice do I have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:03pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
We could since Hungary did it despite serving a stadium ban but that's up to the authorities and their understanding with CAF Match officials/personnel for the game.

I hope the NFF has thought of that though it would be hard to implement in 9ja sha. The logistics sef plus the match go dey for night, if na me, I no go release my pikin for that kain arrangee.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:10pm On Jun 08, 2022
Good then. I guess that settles it. If you won't release your own pikin, then..... the end. grin

But honestly, with the insecurity situation in the country where chaos can erupt anywhere, I don't think many parents/guardians will willingly release their kids.

Besides, read of no plans by the NFF and Local authorities within Abuja to do such. Time will tell tomorrow shaa.

AndSunGorilla:

I hope the NFF has thought of that though it would be hard to implement in 9ja sha. The logistics sef plus the match go dey for night, if na me, I no go release my pikin for that kain arrangee.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Haba... you misunderstand.

I just no wan prolong the talk naa. Abi you no dig?

Let's just hope he drops a much better performance than the last one vs Ecuador. That's the point.

As for "closer to intended recipient", he only had 3 accurate ones out of 14 attempts in the last game. I am talking about the consistency of his crossing. Most times, they are just hopeful balls. Balls sent in with no real purpose. He has to work on that. Finito.

U are talking about balls defenders header away. My man was killing birds at the AFCON na. That is not the same thing.

U keep bringing the number 3 up but the 3 good crosses I remember were chances that should have been scored. The corner Semi and Moffi headed around, the corner that resulted in Dennis getting a free header at the back post and the low cross Moffi just didn't want enough. Those should have been goals and would have changed the narrative a lot.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2022
I have long gone past this. Let it rest.

BascoVanVeli:

U are talking about balls defenders header away. My man was killing birds at the AFCON na. That is not the same thing.

U keep bringing the number 3 up but the 3 good crosses I remember were chances that should have been scored. The corner Semi and Moffi headed around, the corner that resulted in Dennis getting a free header at the back post and the low cross Moffi just didn't want enough. Those should have been goals and would have changed the narrative a lot.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 6:34pm On Jun 08, 2022
lordofstrings:

Two headmasters.
But, who will cross the ball
Bassey and Aina can cross

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2022
Either of them should also take the corner kicks
jihday:
Bassey and Aina can cross

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I have long gone past this. Let it rest.

So u can stress ur point but I can't make mine? Where they do that at? If u really wanted to pass it u wouldn't have brought up Simon missing 11/14 crosses. U would have left it alone from the beginning.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2022
Why won't I have brought up that stat? It was very necessary as I have even mentioned it in another post addressing Simon's wing performances of late. Perhaps some of you are okay turning a blind eye to some faults in Simon's game post afcon.

Also, I mentioned it and I said I won't say more on it, didn't I?

Haven't your previous posts made the point you intended? Every other thing you are doing is unnecessary prolongation. The very thing I said I didn't want. So again, let it rest.

BascoVanVeli:

So u can stress ur point but I can't make mine? Where they do that at? If u really wanted to pass it u wouldn't have brought up Simon missing 11/14 crosses. U would have left it alone from the beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:04pm On Jun 08, 2022
solonnachi:

A ticket we easily threw to the wind. If we had secured that ticket, may be Eberechi Eze and Michael Olise would have been begging to play for us. grin

I tell you the truth that if we get our best hands to play, those lads can't make our starting eleven. They play for good clubs in the EPL, but that doesn't make them the best. They will only add to the squad depth.

In Nigeria we celebrate names that play in big clubs, without taking good time to decipher their real quality.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2022
Meliforme:

I tell you the truth that if we get our best hands to play, those lads can't make our starting eleven. They play for good clubs in the EPL, but that doesn't make them the best. They will only add to the squad depth.

In Nigeria we celebrate names that play in big clubs, without taking good time to decipher their real quality.....

....and break down analytically their tactical traits, technical qualities and overall footballing abilities that will see us forge a truly balanced team of synchronised ballers and teammates who understand not just how to play but when to play. When to get into attacking transitions... when to get into defensive transitions... when to mix it up... all as one unit.

That's just me expatiating further. Well said Meliforme.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Why won't I have brought up that stat? It was very necessary as I have even mentioned in another post addressing Simon's wing performances of late. Perhaps some of you are okay turning a blind eye to some faults in Simon's game post afcon.

Also, I mentioned it and I said I won't say more on it, didn't I?

Haven't your previous posts made the point you intended? Every other thing you are doing is unnecessary prolongation. The very thing I said I didn't want. So again, let it rest.

U said to drop the issue but at the same time u want to show why u are right. Continue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
You don't give up. grin

I cannot continue. I already said few posts ago, we should let it rest. Haven't even added any more cogent info to that stat. I kept my word.

So My Man... Let us leave it there... ALRIGGHHHHTTTT??!!! (In your own voice).

BascoVanVeli:

U said to drop the issue but at the same time u want to show why u are right. Continue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:30pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
You don't give up. grin

I cannot continue. I already said few posts ago, we should let it rest. Haven't even added any more cogent info to that stat. I kept my word.

So My Man... Let us leave it there... ALRIGGHHHHTTTT??!!! (In your own voice).

Naw it's not that serious tbh. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by camri: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2022
When i say tinubu say jagaban. Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
camri:
Is he in camp for the game against Sierra Leone

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2022
I feel Bassey is gonna give us that Taiye Taiwo shooting vibes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

....and break down analytically their tactical traits, technical qualities and overall footballing abilities that will see us forge a truly balanced team of synchronised ballers and teammates who understand not just how to play but when to play. When to get into attacking transitions... when to get into defensive transitions... when to mix it up... all as one unit.

That's just me expatiating further. Well said Meliforme.

Thank you TheSuperNerd.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2022
camri:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2022
drDoom3:

I think it is actually a smart move.

We are world class in one area alone - CF.

Then, just overload that position and the quality of your players will pull you through.

E.g Norway plays 4-4-2 with Haaland and Sorloth who are the same type of striker. Uruguay with Cavani and Suarez. Etc.

No need to be romancing sexy wingplay like Eguavoen was doing. Just put your best players on the pitch and they will show why they are your best.

4-4-2 with Moses Simon and Chukwueze as wide midfielders is a disaster then adding Iwobi and Aribo as the only midfielders is an abomination waiting to happen..

with those players, that's no longer a 4-4-2 , that's a 4-0-6 or 4-1-5 with Iwobi been the only midfielder the rest will play as forward players who won't want to drop to midfield so the defenders will be playing long balls to the forwards instead of passing or at ...

if you want 4-4-2 then play Bassey and Aina as wide midfielders then Iwobi/Onyeka and Ndidi ( or Tijani, Nwakali, Bonke, Onyedika, Alhassan Yusuf ) as central and defensive midfielders then Sanusi and Ebuehi play as full-backs..

unfortunately this formation means one of 3 important midfielders ( Iwobi or Onyeka or Ndidi) won't play unless the wide midfielders are removed and replaced with more central or defensive midfielders which means a 4-4-2 with Bassey and Aina as full backs then Iwobi, Onyeka, Ndidi, Nwakali/Bonke/Tijani/e.t.c as midfielders..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13251) (13252) (13253) (13254) (13255) (13256) (13257) ... (16363) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AndSunGorilla and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.