Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,074 members, 7,867,080 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11966542 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tarcisius: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2017
Kokobet offers you the highest odds in sports betting and cash out option to safeguard your money. You can set up an account with us within 5 minutes and you stand a chance to earn 100% bonus on your first deposit and up to 100% accumulator bonuses and 100% stake refund if one game spoils your betslip. You can easily fund your account via your debit card, online banking or direct bank deposit. We also guarantee you of quick payout whenever you want to collect your winnings. Go to http://Kokobet.com/?ref=1012 (link in bio) to register and start winning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 11:11am On Aug 26, 2017
Coach of the senior national team of Nigeria Gernot says Cameroon are in a better shape than Nigeria ahead of their back to back World Cup 2018 Qualifiers tie next month.
Nigeria are currently leading group B of the Africa World Cup 2018 Qualifiers with six points, four more than second placed Cameroon their next opponent when the qualifiers resumes in September.
Rohr in an exclusive interview with Owngoalnigeria.com said Cameroon have played more games than Nigeria in the year leading to the game and that will naturally give them a physiology edge over Nigeria.
“I’m not afraid, we are not afraid playing against Cameroon. They are a good team of course but I think if we are able to win the first game, we’ll see what will happen in the second game.
Advertisement
” The problem is that Cameroon has physiological advantage, Since after winning the AFCON they have played 13 games or 14, no 13 games I mean while we have played only three, they are really a team now and we have to be able to present a team in a few days to beat them”.

http://mobile.nigeriasoccernet.com/rohr-confesses-cameroon-have-a-better-team-than-us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:13am On Aug 26, 2017
Here's my preferred lineup...

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:20am On Aug 26, 2017
If at the end of the day, some players are found in the 'backyard league' of Turkey's league but are still preferred ahead of players doing very well in the same league and even in a better league (Belgium pro league) then I know say sand sand don dey pass garri. grin

Personal interest don take over National interest be that. grin

Some people don dey come chop dere vomit as dem don start to dey celebrate Turkish league because of dem bois grin

I just dey observe ooooooo. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:30am On Aug 26, 2017
forgiveness:
Based on past glory theory some players should not be on the list. grin

Number one on the list is HENRY ONYEKURU. Zero goal, zero assist and *cough*that's it. grin

Number two on the list is KELECHI IHEANACHO... Zero goal, zero assist and 8 minutes of game time. Chisos! shocked grin

While Ahmed Musa don score for the only match he played and Moses Simon has done nothing special as Henry though he has more game time than Onyekuru yet some people want them out just because of ONYEKURU.

Can Onyekuru play free kick better than Simon Moses? can Onyekuru play SS, RM, AM, LM & CF better than Moses Simon? shocked grin

OK, Taiwo Awoniyi has scored 1 goal and assisted twice in 3 matches, why is he not mentioned or called? Is this not present glory? grin

Based on Rohr claims of lack of game time one player ought not to be in the team..

Kelechi Iheanacho...... grin

Why did Rohr exclude Kayode Olanrewaju? Mafians ruling the national team as a cult. I guess. grin

Iheanacho has not been playing because his club was working on a deal for him that could end up being worth 50 million pounds. With that information in hand u would have to be drunk to omit him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:34am On Aug 26, 2017
Rohr is a bloody lai....r. grin

How many matches has Shehu Abdullahi played in that lowly obscure league? Just one yet the liar claimed Kayode Olanrewaju didn't have enough play time but surprisingly Girona deemed it fit to had brought Kayode on against a bigger team like Athletico Madrid, ba? grin

Some people can lie for money. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2017
goldfish80:

I belive this thread is about the Super Eagles not about players who perform in better leagues. If he can do the buisness for us in a position we are handicapped who gives a hoot if he can perform in Portugal or Belgium.

I disagree with your position, I am suprised you even have that view. Considering your past substantive contributions.

It is the club that you play in week and week out, the performances and achievements you make in your club. That is what gives the rational and justification for your selection to the SE.

So if you are striker scoring 30 goals in Azerbaijan it's not the same as scoring even 5 goals in La liga.

I know that you know these things, perplexed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joxxy01(m): 11:37am On Aug 26, 2017
Akpeyi

shehu...balogun....ekong echiechile

. Onazi
........................mikel
Musa.....etebo.......moses
ighalo

no time for indomie or fancy football just play dirty and win.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2017
DrKlever:
What's this one saying bayi This is football oga, carry your religious view to the right section... You play well, you win. prayers and divine favour is none existent here bro. God ain't partial.
Hilarious, God can be partial bro, He loves everybody, but He is faithful to those that rely on Him. Why was God fighting for the Israelites when they battled other nations? If the Cameroonians believe that by virtues of the hardwork, talents and others then they can spank Nigeria, and Nigeria believes that although despite working hard, and making breathtaking strategies but place still trust in God for “increase,” I bet you Nigeria will triumph.

God can't be limited to the religious section bro, He is omnipresent, so He is everywhere smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:41am On Aug 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Iheanacho has not been playing because his club was working on a deal for him that could end up being worth 50 million pounds. With that information in hand u would have to be drunk to omit him.

Yes! Rohr is drunk to have omitted Kayode Olanrewaju from the list because he gave the same reason for omitting him due to the deal that worth replacing Iheanacho with Kayode Olanrewaju. I hope with this information u would have been high on shepe or ogogoro to omit him. Bhuuuhahaha! shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:53am On Aug 26, 2017
Recent national team stats Nko? If we keep changing our team based on players most recent matches at club level, will we have a team?
forgiveness:
Based on past glory theory some players should not be on the list. grin

Number one on the list is HENRY ONYEKURU. Zero goal, zero assist and *cough*that's it. grin

Number two on the list is KELECHI IHEANACHO... Zero goal, zero assist and 8 minutes of game time. Chisos! shocked grin

While Ahmed Musa don score for the only match he played and Moses Simon has done nothing special as Henry though he has more game time than Onyekuru yet some people want them out just because of ONYEKURU.

Can Onyekuru play free kick better than Simon Moses? can Onyekuru play SS, RM, AM, LM & CF better than Moses Simon? shocked grin

OK, Taiwo Awoniyi has scored 1 goal and assisted twice in 3 matches, why is he not mentioned or called? Is this not present glory? grin

Based on Rohr claims of lack of game time one player ought not to be in the team..

Why did Rohr exclude Kayode Olanrewaju? Mafians ruling the national team as a cult. I guess. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:57am On Aug 26, 2017
chrisooblog:
personally I like onazi he brings a lotof passion and team bonding to the super eagles but his football has been poor of late. However I don't this his days in the national team are necessarily over. I feel a move to a better league and reinvention of his game will help him get back to his best form.

Moses Simon I don't think he's that bad I personally like everything about his game as a winger just needs to work on his decision making.

Musa yes he can be infuriating and is the one most likely to lose his place but I'm not completely ruling him out because sometimes when I think he is finished he pops up and does something special for the national team

I did mention that Onazi should be a utility player. I like the guy honestly, he is the kind of guy everybody wants to have in a squad but not the first team. he can be a stopgap solution for a lot of positions although he may not be necessarily fantastic in any of the said positions but takeaway nothing from him, he can act as a pretty good impersonator there, like RB, LB, DMF and CMF but as a starter? based solely on present form, that would be a No No for me, like you said he can pick up his form again.

Moses Simon isn't all that bad but his decision making is bad, he always tends to cut outside instead of cutting inside and his crosses are just so poor, makes you wonder why he can't just reinvent his game as an inverted winger. no need crossing the ball when you know you can't cross, just cut in and try something different, alas he hasn't learnt that yet and he keeps on putting in awful crosses. now we have a pool of young wingers who can cut inside, cut outside and still put in a decent delivery so he needs to go back to the drawing board now, the bench isn't even supposed to be for him.

Ahmed Musa for me is just there. in almost all the big games he has played he has always bottled great chances. at the AFCON final in 2013, dude was clean through but somehow he fell down, I can't forget that scene ever, and Burkina Faso countered but thank God Enyeama was :/ top form and that was how we managed to hold on. against SA dude was missing one on one chances like they were long range shots. it was an eyesore, personally we may want to consider playing the guy as a LWB. just think about.....

Costa-Iheanacho/ Nwakaeme
Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru
Hazard-Victor Moses(obviously)
Alonso-Ahmed Musa/Etebo
VicMo-Aina/Ebuehi(include the other RBs here)
Matic-Mikel obviously/Iwobi as deputy or OGU
Kante-Ndidi for me/Onazi/Agu/Azubuike
Cahil-Ekong
Luiz-Ogu
Azpilicueta-Balogun

the problem is that we do not have a tactically astute coach who is willing to play these players in their natural positions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:01pm On Aug 26, 2017
Joebie:
Recent national team stats Nko? If we keep changing our team based on players most recent matches at club level, will we have a team?

Hehehehe! You misunderstood me greatly. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2017
Ok u were being sarcastic

forgiveness:

Hehehehe! You misunderstood me greatly. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:05pm On Aug 26, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

This would be massive. It would definitely do a lot for the reputation of the Turkish league which some might erroneously call a semi retirement league. Alex would get certain playing time and basically have the chance to be "the man" on his own team. Although for some reason I don't believe this will be the only offer he gets, this might just be the opening of the flood gates.

I have highlighted the proposition, I take the view that it is not erroneous to say the Turkish league is a semi retirement league.

I would say it is for top performing players, a last hurray !!! And the chance for one big pay out. Particularly for players looking to maximise thier income not playing ability. It is essentially the back door of European football with regards to the top leagues.

Your comments emanated somewhat but not entirely from the Nasri move from Man City. This is a player who is a shadow of his former self and can not cut it at the top level anymore. He is also 30 and had a unimpressive season at Sevilla last season on loan. And has taken the highest paying easy option Turkish football.

It is not the league for young players to go too if they intend to move upwards. Unless they are playing with the big clubs such as Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas moving up will be problematic. If you are thirty or assumed to be privately then you are going to stagnate thier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mumemma: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Yes! Rohr is drunk to have omitted Kayode Olanrewaju from the list because he gave the same reason for omitting him due to the deal that worth replacing Iheanacho with Kayode Olanrewaju. I hope with this information u would have been high on shepe or ogogoro to omit him. Bhuuuhahaha! shocked grin

Everybody cannot play na.....ow many strikers una wan get

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2017
Natural positions again.. Lol

Mickael2:

I did mention that Onazi should be a utility player. I like the guy honestly, he is the kind of guy everybody wants to have in a squad but not the first team. he can be a stopgap solution for a lot of positions although he may not be necessarily fantastic in any of the said positions but takeaway nothing from him, he can act as a pretty good impersonator there, like RB, LB, DMF and CMF but as a starter? based solely on present form, that would be a No No for me, like you said he can pick up his form again.

Moses Simon isn't all that bad but his decision making is bad, he always tends to cut outside instead of cutting inside and his crosses are just so poor, makes you wonder why he can't just reinvent his game as an inverted winger. no need crossing the ball when you know you can't cross, just cut in and try something different, alas he hasn't learnt that yet and he keeps on putting in awful crosses. now we have a pool of young wingers who can cut inside, cut outside and still put in a decent delivery so he needs to go back to the drawing board now, the bench isn't even supposed to be for him.

Ahmed Musa for me is just there. in almost all the big games he has played he has always bottled great chances. at the AFCON final in 2013, dude was clean through but somehow he fell down, I can't forget that scene ever, and Burkina Faso countered but thank God Enyeama was :/ top form and that was how we managed to hold on. against SA dude was missing one on one chances like they were long range shots. it was an eyesore, personally we may want to consider playing the guy as a LWB. just think about.....

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru
Alonso-Ahmed Musa/Etebo
Cahil-Ekong
Luiz-Ogu
Azpilicueta-Balogun

the problem is that we do not have a tactically astute coach who is willing to play these players in their natural positions

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
blueto:
that was what I said. Alampasu should make the squad ahead of Akpeyi if Enyeama and Ikeme are fit and included.
my bad then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:08pm On Aug 26, 2017
Joebie:
Ok u were being sarcastic

There you are. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 26, 2017
pyrex23:
my bad then
Nobody's bad. We just agreed on it, so it is a win-win scenario smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2017
Joebie:
Natural positions again.. Lol

I am sorry, is there anyone of them that I played out of position?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:18pm On Aug 26, 2017
komekn:

I have highlighted the proposition, I take the view that it is not erroneous to say the Turkish league is a semi retirement league.

I would say it is for top performing players, a last hurray !!! And the chance for one big pay out. Particularly for players looking to maximise thier income not playing ability. It is essentially the back door of European football with regards to the top leagues.

Your comments emanated somewhat but not entirely from the Nasri move from Man City. This is a player who is a shadow of his former self and can not cut it at the top level anymore. He is also 30 and had a unimpressive season at Sevilla last season on loan. And has taken the highest paying easy option Turkish football.

It is not the league for young players to go too if they intend to move upwards. Unless they are playing with the big clubs such as Galatasaray, Fenerbache, Besiktas moving up will be problematic. If you are thirty or assumed to be privately then you are going to stagnate thier.

Nasri had an unimpressive season at Sevilla?!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru
Alonso-Ahmed Musa/Etebo
Cahil-Ekong
Luiz-Ogu
Azpilicueta-Balogun

Onazi was still miles better than Ndidi in the last game against South Africa hence the need to play him ahead of Ndidi and Agu. Azubuike is not as good as Raheem Lawal.

Simon Moses is a far better and complete player than Onyekuru. His crosses are meant for strikers with the ability on air and the ability to read matches. His crosses are not meant for Iheanacho who is only good with foot.

If he's not good enough, why is he still playing regularly for Gent?

If he's not good enough, why was he lading with the responsibilities of taking set pieces for his club last season?

5 goals and 7 assists from playing 4-5 different roles last season for his club is not a joke.

Why is Onyekuru not scoring goals since he joined a bigger club? shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:29pm On Aug 26, 2017
[quote author=forgiveness post=59839460]Based on past glory theory some players should not be on the list. grin

[himselfOga forgiveness u don start,u should know a lot here have their favourite players and based on that they passed their judgements, some are too tribalistic and it take a third eyes to know that,some don't want to see certain player coz of their preference for their love for certain player.

If u see Onazi receiving knocks,u keep on wondering was he not d same Onazi,some are even rating John Ogu,Mikel Agu,Anderson Esiti over him(pure hatred)even last match he had better rating than Ndidi but their excuse was Onazi did not give room for Ndidi to express himself.I believe only Ndidi should be compare to Onazi for now and anyone of them can do d job,personally am okay with either Onazi or Ndidi.

They want Musa and Simeon Moses out for who if I may ask,some even question invitation of moses and Musa but based on Iwobi performance in d last three matches for eagles,does he deserve d invitation?

Due to rumour going round that likely Iwobi is going on loan to Turkish league,d berated Turkish league that a lot castigate here but hearing Iwobi likely move,some are now saying we should appreciate Turkish league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Onazi was still miles better than Ndidi in the last game against South Africa hence the need to play him ahead of Ndidi and Agu. Azubuike is not as good as Raheem Lawal.

Simon Moses is a far better and complete player than Onyekuru. His crosses are meant for strikers with the ability on air and the ability to read matches. His crosses are not meant for Iheanacho who is only good with foot.

If he's not good enough, why is he still playing regularly for Gent?

If he's not good enough, why was he lading with the responsibilities of taking set pieces for his club last season?

5 goals and 7 assists from playing 4-5 different roles last season for his club is not a joke.

Why is Onyekuru not scoring goals since he joined a bigger club? shocked

Onazi was not better than Ndidi in this match against SA, and in the match against Senegal when he left we got better. so I don't know where your claim is coming from. I could care less who is better between Azubuike and Raheem, none of them will start the matches anyways so that's a personal opinion.

next time you ever say that Moses Simon is a more complete player than Henry I will know you just came back from a smoking spree. which Moses Simon? and don't give me that stuff about his crosses doing this and that, for a winger who plays for the top club in Belgium to only hit 5 assists a whole season what does that tell you?! not to mention that more than half of that is from set pieces. mind you, he did not score a single set piece goal last season, or if he did it was just once but I can't find that anywhere, so what us special about his set pieces exactly? should I mention goals? it took Suarez about 3 months to score his first goal for Barcelona so I don't understand your point. and the season is just 3 or so games old, so because.... Roberto scored in the first game of the season he will now be the highest goal scorer come the end of the season? not to mention that the only goal credited to Anderletch had Onyekuru written all over it, Moses Simon last u checked has hardly played this season, should I show you the stats?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
do4luv14:

oleeee, you com tif ma formation abi, ah don catch you
Lol...i think this is the most probably line up here!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 12:34pm On Aug 26, 2017
do4luv14:

oleeee, you com tif ma formation abi, ah don catch you
Lol...i think this is the most probable line up here!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru
Alonso-Ahmed Musa/Etebo
Cahil-Ekong
Luiz-Ogu
Azpilicueta-Balogun

Nwakeam scored 13 Goals last season in the Israeli league, the coach and his cronies have quickly included him on the list by excluding Kayode Olanrewaju who had scored the same numbers of goals in the said league 3 or 4 seasons ago (but conspicuously overlooked).

Last season, he was not included in the list despite the fact that he scored goals and assisted in the Europa league but was latter included after public outcry, and when he came, he was not played in some matches and introduced in the second half.

After winning the best player of the year and the highest goal scorer in the Austrian league Manchester City noticed him but our national team coach ignored him due to some advice from na my brother somebody.

My point is Israeli league has suddenly become the alfa and the omega, ba, because of NWAKEAM but when Kayode was there, it was an obscure league.

Who una dey deceive? grin

NWAKEAM is not better than what is on ground but we know na we we dey at play. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:49pm On Aug 26, 2017
Mickael2:

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru
Alonso-Ahmed Musa/Etebo
Cahil-Ekong
Luiz-Ogu
Azpilicueta-Balogun

I want to presume you are not equating these players to thier world class counterparts. But using it highlight positional play and team structure.

In that regard I would have it differently, as follows ;

Costa- Ighalo, Nwaekeme ( KC finishings yes but does not have the hold up play. Heading ability or bullying characteristics)

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru ( agreed)
Hazard - Etebo = Simon M. ( its a toss up between limited end product for Simon and more end product from Etebo. My choice Etebo.
Alonso-Ahmed
VicMo-Aina 1st choice.
Matic- Ndidi 1st choice
Kante- Onazi 1st choice or closest to Kante in terms of his attributes.
Luiz - Ogu Too slow, not Mobil enough and Ltd offensive attributes if any.
Cahill - Ekong no options it seems I would consider If possible Iorfa and Nedum.
Azpilicueta-Balogun don't think Balogun is RB, by any stretch. My choice Onyedinma Millwall. We seem to lack quality options.

First name on the team sheet for me is Mikel, but as AM. I am sorry but Mikel struggles to backtrack so limited defensive duties for him.

Structure 4-3-3
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:02pm On Aug 26, 2017
komekn:

I want to presume you are not equating these players to thier world class counterparts. But using it highlight positional play and team structure.

In that regard I would have it differently, as follows ;

Costa- Ighalo, Nwaekeme ( KC finishings yes but does not have the hold up play. Heading ability or bullying characteristics)

Pedro-Kayode/ Onyekuru ( agreed)
Hazard - Etebo = Simon M. ( its a toss up between limited end product for Simon and more end product from Etebo. My choice Etebo.
Alonso-Ahmed
VicMo-Aina 1st choice.
Matic- Ndidi 1st choice
Kante- Onazi 1st choice or closest to Kante in terms of his attributes.
Luiz - Ogu Too slow, not Mobil enough and Ltd offensive attributes if any.
Cahill - Ekong no options it seems I would consider If possible Iorfa and Nedum.
Azpilicueta-Balogun don't think Balogun is RB, by any stretch. My choice Onyedinma Millwall. We seem to lack quality options.

First name on the team sheet for me is Mikel, but as AM. I am sorry but Mikel struggles to backtrack so limited defensive duties for him.

Structure 4-3-3

yes I definitely was referring to their positional structure.

you do understand that Hazard us the main creator for Chelsea, you can't play Etebo or Moses Simon in that wing. Etebo can't exactly beat his markers and even Moses Simon that can, well his end product and decision making are just whack, hence my preference for VicMo who can actually do a similar thing, he used to do that when he was at Wigan and West Ham so it still adds up.

if Mikel plays Matic's role then he won't even need to backtrack, just sit in front of the back four and let Ndidi be the all round destroyer. Onazi as a CMF(I will grade Kante's role as a CMF)? which part of their game is similar? I am pretty sure you know that Onazi is the captain if long balls FC, if you think he can maintain the same passing accuracy that Kante can then sorry, he can't. their work rate is similar though but what you do when you get back the ball matters a lot more than you getting back the ball.

Ndidi cannot do what Matic does, sit tight in front of the defence for 90 minutes. I love the guy but he has an eye for goal, it pushes him forward a lot more than he naturally should so I don't think he can play that position when we have someone like Mikel anyways

Ogu isn't so slow, not to mention that I will argue that he is a better passer than Luiz. Luiz is not a speed train himself anyways. I have seen Busquets playing the CB role, and he is one of the slowest players out there so yeah I think Ogu can. oh and while you are calling names like Iorfa and Nedum,let me also include Danny Shittu and Rabiu Afolabi, since we are joking

Balogun started his professional career as a RB so there you have it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 1:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
forgiveness:

Nwakeam scored 13 Goals last season in the Israeli league, the coach and his cronies has quickly included him on the list by excluding Kayode Olanrewaju who had scored the same numbers of goals in the said league 3 or 4 seasons ago (but conspicuously overlooked).

Last season, he was not included in the list despite the fact that he scored goals and assisted in the Europa league but was latter included after public outcry, and when he came, he was not played in some matches and introduced in the second half.

After winning the best player of the year and the highest goal scorer in the Austrian league Manchester City noticed him but our national team coach ignored him due to some advice from na my brother somebody.

My point is Israeli league has suddenly become the alfa and the omega, ba, because of NWAKEAM but when Kayode was there, it was an obscure league.

Who una dey deceive? grin

NWAKEAM is not better than what is on ground but we know na we we dey at play. grin

you do realize that I have been questioning the exclusion of Kayode so your point right now is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 1:06pm On Aug 26, 2017
forgiveness:
If at the end of the day, some players are found in the 'backyard league' of Turkey's league but are still preferred ahead of players doing very well in the same league and even in a better league (Belgium pro league) then I know say sand sand don dey pass garri. grin

Personal interest don take over National interest be that. ;DYou don't test new players in this kind of match Bros ! It is a do or die battle and too risky to throw wanabie in

Some people don dey come chop dere vomit as dem don start to dey celebrate Turkish league because of dem bois grin

I just dey observe ooooooo. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1324) (1325) (1326) (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.