Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,062 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679018 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13333) (13334) (13335) (13336) (13337) (13338) (13339) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

Nerdie....I'm getting some positive signals that our girls may be back to participate at the basketball world cup...
Mali FA is currently engulfed in a crisis with it's players refusing to turn up for their world cup game against Uganda today due to refusal to pay their allowance...

Maybe... grin

Ahhh....some chaos really can come in handy. grin
I hope it works in our favour then coz I saw this earlier on twitter....

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

The reality that shows you not knowing what he has done on the African scene in the last 3 yrs? Naah... I'll pass on that "reality". It's a mess.

"FOr Me tO see RealiTy I'M More of hiS fan ThAn yOu." grin

Please come with valid facts and not baseless antiques

Don’t cry Enh he’ll make the list next time.

Same slave that can’t carry his country past Ghana
That’s who you want to be rated it seems we have people here who are so freaking emotional

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Oh so it is no more African scene... it is afcon scene. Afcon he didn't participate in due to Injury?

Lad you are sick. Really sick. Extreme ADHD patient.

On what basis should he be included in that list, or you tryna finesse logic to favor ur favorite player

Let’s be real na.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

Stop being emotional and look at facts

Missed afcon
Injured for most half of the season
Nothing to write home at last afcon neither this one

Don’t act like you know better than caf

We all love him but him not being there is not surprising at all

typicalgamer:

That’s who you want to be rated it seems we have people here who are so freaking emotional

Note the bolded in these comments made several hours apart. Just 6hrs+ apart. Couldn't hold a disguise for longer.

That went from "We love him" to "Slave" name calling real quick. grin

Told y'all this lad was a sick one... and a poor disguise artist. I rest my case. wink

On to better discussions abeg.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:18pm On Jul 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

Who come be this one again when they fart from mouth na.

Stop catching feelings like a little child, he’s not there simply means he’s not merited to be there so try they rest arguement no be food
Ogbeni I don leave your trash for LAWMA
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2022
Anyone have an idea which site will stream the falcon's match tonight?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

Nerdie....I'm getting some positive signals that our girls may be back to participate at the basketball world cup...
Mali FA is currently engulfed in a crisis with it's players refusing to turn up for their world cup game against Uganda today due to refusal to pay their allowance...

Maybe... grin
which World cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2022
Hanibal:
Anyone have an idea which site will stream the falcon's match tonight?

Falcon's play Monday 9pm
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:26pm On Jul 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

On what basis should he be included in that list, or you tryna finesse logic to favor ur favorite player

Let’s be real na.
I'm sorry to say this but you're sounding confused. Elyte wey start this thing sef don go back to his cave grin
The fact is nobody is saying Osimehn deserves to be there. AFCON was used as the criteria for selection and he didn't partake in AFCON.
So what's your point exactly? Who is hyping who?
Chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Note the bolded in these comments made several hours apart. Just 6hrs+ apart. Couldn't hold a disguise for longer.

That went from "We love him" to "Slave" name calling real quick. grin

Told y'all this lad was a sick one... and a poor disguise artist. I rest my case. wink

On to better discussions abeg.

You’re just bringing up baseless narratives to deterred from the fact that. Osimehn had a failed year.

Mock all you want but in my eyes or how i rate osimehn in the same terms as Halland and those on his age group.
In my eyes only mbappe trumps him.
So don’t you dare question my Stan fanboyism for him, that doesn’t change the fact that fanboyism won’t let me see the truth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Hanibal(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
lovewins:

Falcon's play Monday 9pm
Oh!
That's true ... Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
I'm sorry to say this but you're sounding confused. Elyte wey start this thing sef don go back to his cave grin
The fact is nobody is saying Osimehn deserves to be there. AFCON was used as the criteria for selection and he didn't partake in AFCON.
Chai
Leave am with him two left legs

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:30pm On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
Chai

I’m sorry but you sound retarded
Most still blokes here says he deserves to be there like the man has done anything outstanding.
Don’t know who started and i really don’t give a fu*k stop a$$ licking and look at stats to know facts

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Ahhh....some chaos really can come in handy. grin
I hope it works in our favour then coz I saw this earlier on twitter....

I've been monitoring our basketball team's Twitter account and it is now obvious why the FG has been giving them a hard time. You'd never see the NFF, Nigeria Cricket, or any other sporting federation make politically charged tweets. That NBBF handle has been making politically motivated tweets a while now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
AWCON will be live on GTV....

Make I go look for my consat decoder grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:38pm On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
which World cup?

I forgot to add qualifiers...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:39pm On Jul 01, 2022
Odunayaw:
Leave am with him two left legs
grin grin
It's the energy behind his baseless argument for me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2022
Danielnino00:

I forgot to add qualifiers...
Ok
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

We sure say dem no enhance the photo?
I don't think so grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2022
mostob:
Chai

Stop sounding foolish you’re much more mature than that, or is it that you can’t read ? Damn that may be the case, since you can’t read where people here were foaming in the mouth and having seizure because osimehn wasn't included.

If you past and didn’t read any of those comments then you’re way worse than i thought
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:14pm On Jul 01, 2022
...where people here were foaming in the mouth and having seizure because osimehn wasn't included.

Hallucination don enter this thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
chrisooblog:
Nice interview with Mikel Obi.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/01/mikel-why-super-eagles-qatar-flight-crashed/
Nice one Mikel,especially playing down Oliseh comment about him.......he rated Keshi highly and refused to rate any generation of eagles better unlike 94 set.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:24pm On Jul 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

I’m sorry but you sound retarded
Most still blokes here says he deserves to be there like the man has done anything outstanding.
Don’t know who started and i really don’t give a fu*k stop a$$ licking and look at stats to know facts
ok, I agree he hasn’t done anything outstanding, please tell me the outstanding thing Moses Simon or Nampalys Mendy did

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:34pm On Jul 01, 2022
jihday:
ok, I agree he hasn’t done anything outstanding, please tell me the outstanding thing Moses Simon or Nampalys Mendy did

Mendy won afcon

That’s more than enough merit on his part

Between osimehn and Moses you debate that yourself because i don’t know what to say bout those 2

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by VicThory(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2022
.Greetings... who can assist me with a basketball academy around alimosho, ejigbo and isolo axis. it's seriously needed. i'd have love to go stadium but distance and travel expenses is much.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:17pm On Jul 01, 2022
typicalgamer:

Mendy won afcon

That’s more than enough merit on his part

Between osimehn and Moses you debate that yourself because i don’t know what to say bout those 2

I really don't get what you are driving at...

The matter on ground is simple: Osimhen didn't make the list because he wasn't at the AFCON,not because he doesn't deserve to be there...
AFCON is the major criteria here....Any attempt from you to downplay Osimhen performance this year will fail....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:22pm On Jul 01, 2022
Chidera Ejuke has been described as a talented player, with Lokomotiv Moscow legend Dmitri Sennikov comparing him to Real Madrid's Brazilian dazzler Vinícius Júnior.

The Nigeria international wants to suspend his contract with CSKA Moscow for one season in order to move to Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin in the coming days.

Ranked one of the top dribblers in the Russian Premier League, Ejuke contributed ten goals in thirty appearances for the Muscovites in 2021-2022.

The 24-year-old lost his spot in the CSKA Moscow starting lineup upon his return to Russia following international duty with the Super Eagles at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Sennikov compared Ejuke's situation to that of Vinícius who was a bit-part player for Real Madrid before the arrival of
Carlo Ancelotti.

Speaking about the possible departure of Ejuke, he told Sports Daily via championat.com : "For Ejuke, it is important now to leave for the European league. He did some things in CSKA, some things didn't.

"It seems to me that he has not yet had time to grow into a mature football player. This is quite a promising player. He can be compared to Vinicius, who could not play at Real Madrid.

"Then Carlo Ancelotti came along and made him into a superstar. Perhaps CSKA was in a hurry with the transfer, but we do not know all the circumstances. Maybe the player himself showed a desire to leave during this period."

Hertha Berlin are coached by German Sandro Schwarz who previously managed Dynamo Moscow but left Russia at the end of last season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Chidera Ejuke has been described as a talented player, with Lokomotiv Moscow legend Dmitri Sennikov comparing him to Real Madrid's Brazilian dazzler Vinícius Júnior.

The Nigeria international wants to suspend his contract with CSKA Moscow for one season in order to move to Bundesliga outfit Hertha Berlin in the coming days.

Ranked one of the top dribblers in the Russian Premier League, Ejuke contributed ten goals in thirty appearances for the Muscovites in 2021-2022.

The 24-year-old lost his spot in the CSKA Moscow starting lineup upon his return to Russia following international duty with the Super Eagles at the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations.

Sennikov compared Ejuke's situation to that of Vinícius who was a bit-part player for Real Madrid before the arrival of
Carlo Ancelotti.

Speaking about the possible departure of Ejuke, he told Sports Daily via championat.com : "For Ejuke, it is important now to leave for the European league. He did some things in CSKA, some things didn't.

"It seems to me that he has not yet had time to grow into a mature football player. This is quite a promising player. He can be compared to Vinicius, who could not play at Real Madrid.

"Then Carlo Ancelotti came along and made him into a superstar. Perhaps CSKA was in a hurry with the transfer, but we do not know all the circumstances. Maybe the player himself showed a desire to leave during this period."

Hertha Berlin are coached by German Sandro Schwarz who previously managed Dynamo Moscow but left Russia at the end of last season.

Why Hertha of all clubs?

Anyway, anything in top 5 leagues will be fire.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

The most surprising decision of this window still remains this. Wasn't getting gametime and can't even leave Russia because would be difficult to reenter.

The world's third best dribbler and settling for less.

Ejuke really grabbed CSKA by the throat with this Herta talks.

Yesterday he returned to training in Novogorsk and coach showed him how he wanted him to improve from their recent friendly against Zenit.

Brother didn't tell them that Hertha had approached him privately for negotiations.

On normal grounds, CSKA should be reporting Hertha to FIFA/UEFA for taping up their player, but their are on their own.

Hertha survived relegation last year through play-offs.

On Monday, Ejuke was asked by media if he wanted to still remain with CSKA, his response:

"Football is my life. I feel comfortable here and I will do everything to make the team win and be in the best positions."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:41am On Jul 02, 2022
chrisooblog:
Nice interview with Mikel Obi.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/01/mikel-why-super-eagles-qatar-flight-crashed/
Based on what Mikel wrote, we can insinuate that he said Keshi is the best National team coach he has worked with. He said I have not met a man like him. I know some people will not be happy with that statement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tessyy1701: 3:58am On Jul 02, 2022
typicalgamer:

'Sallah and His teammates are slaves, Chielsa and His teammates too'. grin grin grin Continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:52am On Jul 02, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Based on what Mikel wrote, we can insinuate that he said Keshi is the best National team coach he has worked with. He said I have not met a man like him. I know some people will not be happy with that statement.
from the interview he really favors a local coach plus he doesn’t really like Rohr

(1) (2) (3) ... (13333) (13334) (13335) (13336) (13337) (13338) (13339) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ThanosKilla(m), Philosopher1979, Amedino99(m), etebefia and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.