Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,870 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11697861 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13382) (13383) (13384) (13385) (13386) (13387) (13388) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
mostob:
In the past. Sorry if I didn't get my English right grin grin
I was expecting Kels to be in contention especially during his breakout season at City.
Alright grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 24, 2022
Osimhen and Spalletti had a Spat in training today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
SoftBrest:
what happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2022
Spalletti kicked him out of training for fighting with Anguissa ,because Anguissa tackled Ostigard very hard in training.
charlesemeka85:
what happened
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2022
You have the story wrong.

Osimhen didn't fight anybody.

Osimhen was pissed at what he felt was a rash tackle on him by new signing, Leo Ostigard.
He was drawing the attention of Spalletti and everyone else to that foul which he thought dangerous. It seemed Spalletti and others brushed it off which got Victor more pissed as he kept talking about the foul.

Anguissa then tried to calm him down but Vic kept at it which made Spalletti send him off an early shower.

My take:

It is true Victor should have been calm and maybe approached things differently but to be honest, the "real elephant in the room" needs to be addressed.

Victor is their biggest and most important player. He was last season even in the presence of KK, Mertens, and Insigne.
With all 3 key players gone, Victor is Undisputedly their most important player. An unwanted injury to him may ruin not just his season but Napoli's as well.

So Victor emphasising the nature of Ostigard's foul should have been taken a bit more seriously by Spalletti and everyone there. Brushing it off shows they aren't so keen on looking out for their most prized asset.

So while we may talk about Victor's temperament, let us also admit that he isn't wrong to draw calls to a foul that he feels was dangerous on his person.

No one is perfect afterall.

SoftBrest:
Spalletti kicked him out of training for fighting with Anguissa ,because Anguissa tackled Ostigard very hard in training.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Okay.... this account (the initial acct) was according to Football italia.

My napoli friend just gave me another account.

He said, Victor wasn't fouled. It was his teammate, Ostigard.

Leo Ostigard (on Victor's team) got fouled badly by Elmas but the foul wasn't called and they went on to score from that situation.

This got Victor mad and he protested the fact that a foul wasn't called against Elmas for a clear infringement on Ostigard in the buildup to the goal.

Anguissa tried to calm him but Victor wasn't having it.

This is why Victor kept protesting and Spalletti had to send him off for a quick shower.

Well, if this is the actual true account... then all I see here is a lad who wants to win or lose fairly.....even if in training. All is a competition to him all the time.

Victor's always been a passionate hothead but a winning mentality is no crime.

Here is a clip of Victor departing the pitch:

https://twitter.com/AlfredoPedulla/status/1551248149188153350?t=NXEB8PmCL9BIRO5PNsH5kA&s=19

TheSuperNerd:

Osimhen was pissed at what he felt was a rash tackle on him by new signing, Leo Ostigard.
He was drawing the attention of Spalletti and everyone else to that foul which he thought dangerous. It seemed Spalletti and others brushed it off which got Victor more pissed as he kept talking about the foul.

Anguissa then tried to calm him down but Vic kept at it which made Spalletti send him off an early shower.

My take:

It is true Victor should have been calm and maybe approached things differently but to be honest, the "real elephant in the room" needs to be addressed.

Victor is their biggest and most important player. He was last season even in the presence of KK, Mertens, and Insigne.
With all 3 key players gone, Victor is Undisputedly their most important player. An unwanted injury to him may ruin not just his season but Napoli's as well.

So Victor emphasising the nature of Ostigard's foul should have been taken a bit more seriously by Spalletti and everyone there. Brushing it off shows they aren't so keen on looking out for their most prized asset.

So while we may talk about Victor's temperament, let us also admit that he isn't wrong to draw calls to a foul that he feels was dangerous on his person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
Meanwhile,the aiteo cup will be starting on Saturday... When the league itself just ended last week..

What a joke...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Danielnino00:
Meanwhile,the aiteo cup will be starting on Saturday... When the league itself just ended last week..

What a joke...

Nna eh... totally forgot we have an FA Cup that hasn't even kicked off since the just concluded league season began.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2022
Ishaq Abdulrazak league debut vs KV Oostende today: Jupiler League Pro.

Played RWB/RM today

90 mins played.
48 touches.
27/32 accurate passes.
84% passing accuracy.
1 key pass.
1 big chance created.
5/9 ground duels won.
4 tackles.
2 interceptions.
2 headed clearances.
2 clearances.
1/3 successful dribbles.
3 recoveries.
Committed 1 foul.

Solid debut performance from the brilliantly versatile youngster.

Result: RSC Anderlecht 2-0 KV Oostende

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2022
24 y/o Abdulsalam Magashy bagged an assist for IFK Varnamo in their 2-3 loss vs A.I.K in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

Has 2 goals + 2 assists in 15 games (14 starts) in the current 2022 swedish league season.

He's a CAM/CM.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Okay.... this account (the initial acct) was according to Football italia.

My napoli friend just gave me another account.

He said, Victor wasn't fouled. It was his teammate, Ostigard.

Leo Ostigard (on Victor's team) got fouled badly by Elmas but the foul wasn't called and they went on to score from that situation.

This got Victor mad and he protested the fact that a foul wasn't called against Elmas for a clear infringement on Ostigard in the buildup to the goal.

Anguissa tried to calm him but Victor wasn't having it.

This is why Victor kept protesting and Spalletti had to send him off for a quick shower.

Well, if this is the actual true account... then all I see here is a lad who wants to win or lose fairly.....even if in training. All is a competition to him all the time.

Victor's always been a passionate hothead but a winning mentality is no crime.

Here is a clip of Victor departing the pitch:

https://twitter.com/AlfredoPedulla/status/1551248149188153350?t=NXEB8PmCL9BIRO5PNsH5kA&s=19

You are deliberately trying hard to make a rational justification for him. He wasn't the only team mate of that player. They are all team mates and all club mates.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
Yeah, i have been monitoring him since he was in division 2 with the same team.
These Nordish leagues are like mother leagues. They nurse African players till they are ready for the big leagues
He is moving to a big league in a year or two time.
Ignoring the Nordish league may seem nice but it is unwise and counter productive because they
offer developmental football which is what most Africans need.
Look at Kamaldeen Sulemena and our own paul onuachu, frank Onyeka even Mikel played in Norway for sometime

TheSuperNerd:
24 y/o Abdulsalam Magashy bagged an assist for IFK Varnamo in their 2-3 loss vs A.I.K in the Swedish Allsvenskan.

Has 2 goals + 2 assists in 15 games (14 starts) in the current 2022 swedish league season.

He's a CAM/CM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nothing deliberate about what is true. Victor is a mentality monster. If this was attributed to other top players some of you all won't see anything wrong with what I say.

He was simply protesting a wrong decision which led to the buildup to a goal against his own team. What is wrong with that?

The Lad is within his rights as a big player in that team especially as someone who loves winning to protest an obviously bad call.

This is not the first time a big player will be unhappy with something in training.

So I think it is you who need to see the other angles and not make it about the lad's temperament every damn time.

M7even:

You are deliberately trying hard to make a rational justification for him. He wasn't the only team mate of that player. They are all team mates and all club mates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
M7even:

osimhen did nothing wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
Reports out of Naples say all is okay now.

They all understand Osimhen's reaction to be one of protecting a teammate over a harsh foul that wasnt called + the point of his crazy winning mentality.
Two of the points I have been making especially knowing how madly passionate a lad like Victor can get in intense moments even in training.

Lad is a mentality monster. Let that sink in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FaithELEFAN(f): 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2022
Samueltemi337:
osimhen did nothing wrong
angry show me love bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2022
SoftBrest:

Abeg ooo ,make our boy cool down

I just hope everything will be resolved
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

My take:

I just hope everything is well sha

Omo na osimhen go carry Napoli for shoulder this season ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

They all understand Osimhen's reaction to be one of protecting a teammate over a harsh foul that wasnt called + the point of his crazy winning mentality.
Two of the points I have been making especially knowing how madly passionate a lad like Victor can get in intense moments even in training.

Yeah it's all okay... read the frame attached to this post above.

andrewbaba44:

I just hope everything is well sha

Omo na osimhen go carry Napoli for shoulder this season ooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11pm On Jul 24, 2022
Sunday Photo Delight: Calvin Bassey cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Yeah it's all okay... read the frame attached to this post above.

Properly understood

Way to go

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:47pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Starboy Osimehn should always take it cool in a situation like this,not always good for club image and Napoli coming out to clarify the whole issues showed that it was regrettably incident.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Sunday Photo Delight: Calvin Bassey cool
Rangers to Ajax,what a great leap for young lad,hope to see him doing better than Kanu and Finidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
M7even:

Sure Osimehn was wrong and not a justifiable action but sometimes it happens and good Napoli came out to make statement on the situation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:45pm On Jul 24, 2022
SoftBrest:
I hope he doesn't self-destruct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 1:18am On Jul 25, 2022
World record Tobiiiiiiii Amussssaaaannn! 100m hurdles!! Unbelievable!!! We go for Gold in 2 hours time! Our ladies always coming through!!!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24am On Jul 25, 2022
fabyom:
World record Tobiiiiiiii Amussssaaaannn! 100m hurdles!! Unbelievable!!! We go for Gold in 2 hours time! Our ladies always coming through!!!

She couldn't believe it!!! I still cannot believe it!! shocked

Set the African record in the 1st round heats with a run of 12.40secs.

And now doing 12.12 secs!!! In the Semis!!! What will she then run in the final??!!

Man... Tobi has always had the potential to dominate the women's 100m hurdles but her Start had previously been her bane. Now, I think she's near absolutely getting that right.

I expect more jaw dropping scenes in the final. Tobi Amusannnn Babyyyyy!!!! cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:46am On Jul 25, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

She couldn't believe it!!! I still cannot believe it!! shocked

Set the African record in the 1st round heats with a run of 12.40secs.

And now doing 12.12 secs!!! In the Semis!!! What will she then run in the final??!!

Man... Tobi has always had the potential to dominate the women's 100m hurdles but her Start had previously been her bane. Now, I think she's near absolutely getting that right.

I expect more jaw dropping scenes in the final. Tobi Amusannnn Babyyyyy!!!! cool

This is insane!
When she lost out on the podium finish at the last championship,I was really pained.. Knew it was only a matter of time for her to win a medal..But a world record is just crazy!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:07am On Jul 25, 2022
Danielnino00:

This is insane!
When she lost out on the podium finish at the last championship,I was really pained.. Knew it was only a matter of time for her to win a medal..But a world record is just crazy!!!

4th place finish at the last World Athletics Championships in 2019 with a run of 12.49secs.

4th place finish again at the last Olympics held just last year with a run of 12.60secs.

Went to the African Athletics Championships earlier this year in Mauritius and won Gold (as usual because she absolutes rules Africa and the commonwealth).

Came to this Ongoing World Athletics Championships and shattered the African Record in the First round heats running 12.40secs.

Next up was the Semis we just all witnessed and she obliterated the entire track. 12.12 secs. America stood on her feet for that one.

And for crying out loud no woman in history has ever ran below 12.20 secs. None.

The woman Tobi beat into second place in that first Semis heat was the previous WR holder at 12.20secs (Kendra Harrison). Set in 2016.

Now they will all go again in the final including the Olympic Champ, Camacho Quinn.

The Final will be explosive. The WR could fall again but even if not... I just want this to finally be the day Tobi's labours and constant push pay off.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:15am On Jul 25, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

4th place finish at the last World Athletics Championships in 2019 with a run of 12.49secs.

4th place finish again at the last Olympics held just last year with a run of 12.60secs.

Went to the African Athletics Championships earlier this year in Mauritius and won Gold (as usual because she absolutes rules Africa and the commonwealth).

Came to this Ongoing World Athletics Championships and shattered the African Record in the First round heats running 12.40secs.

Next up was the Semis we just all witnesses and she obliterated the entire track. 12.12 secs. America stood on her feet for that one.

And for crying out loud no woman in history has ever ran below 12.20 secs. None.

The woman Tobi beat into second place in that first Semis heat was the previous WR holder at 12.20secs (Kendra Harrison). Set in 2016.

Now they will all go again in the final including the Olympic Champ, Camacho Quinn.

The Final will be explosive. The WR could fall again but even if not... I just want this to finally be the day Tobi's labours and constant push pay off.

That world championship 4th placing was painful...She ran well in thee previous heat, but somehow she started that final slowly..By the time sheet hit full speed it was already too late... I really felt for her...

This is the first time any Nigerian has ever held a world record in any athletic event..It's really big!! Perhaps this would motivate our sport federation to invest more in the sport..
We still have a lot of budding talents like Favour Ofili, Favour Ashe, Enoch Adegoke, Ini-Ubong, Ruth Usoro, etc.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:03am On Jul 25, 2022
Jesus Christ!
She broke the record again!!

Gold!!

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:05am On Jul 25, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Next up was the Semis we just all witnessed and she obliterated the entire track. 12.12 secs. America stood on her feet for that one.

I said it!!! I said it!!! The WR did fall again!!!

12.06 abi na wetin!!!

Immortality secured!!! TOBI AMUSAN!!!!!

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (13382) (13383) (13384) (13385) (13386) (13387) (13388) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.