Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11724388 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) (13413) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:59pm On Aug 03, 2022
Legendarytotow:
After some outrageous comments by Napoli president, De Laurentiis saying he would “not buy African players anymore” has sparked intensive amount of controversy . Victor Osimhen has spoken internally with his agent & family about the incident & would be open to seek a new club

False.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 12:24am On Aug 04, 2022
Ndidi has been at Leicester in the same time that, the likes of drinkwater, maguire, Kante, mahrez, chilwell has all signed for the big 4. Now, fofana is about to be signed by Chelsea and Nigerians has the effrontery to compare him to “prime Mikel” let me hear anyone make such comparisons again and they will here my tongue

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:43am On Aug 04, 2022
Legendarytotow:
After some outrageous comments by Napoli president, De Laurentiis saying he would “not buy African players anymore” has sparked intensive amount of controversy . Victor Osimhen has spoken internally with his agent & family about the incident & would be open to seek a new club
without a doubt this story is very untrue, looks like something a journalist cooked up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 6:11am On Aug 04, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Best Nigerian transfer this window:

Victor Boniface to USG.

Better than Lookman to Atalanta, Awoniyi to Forrest, Ejuke to Berlin.

Wrong. All are better when you consider the context.

Ejuke made a bad move to CSKA, this move rescued him and brought him back to where he can be watched.

Awo made a crucial move to the EPL. If he does well, he could be making a bigger move soon. Also, this move literally forces him into the SE unless he just fails miserably. No excuse to leave him out if he does well.

Lookman was frozen out at Leipzig, same at Leicester. He needed a move, Serie A is hard enough to be competitive but not hard enough not to do well. This move might finally allow him prove himself.

Boniface is really an unknown quantity at the moment. USG is a Brighton pipeline too, so it is definitely a good move.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:04am On Aug 04, 2022
Danielnino00:
Continued

Thank you Danielnino for these stats, they reveal a lot.

Mikel has shown to be a bulwark in his role as a defensive midfielder, this is very commendable especially when we take into cognizance his evolvement into the role.

Wilfred Ndidi has been involved in 3619 in lesser minutes of play time and still has those records, judging from antecedents and in all optimism his stats as a defensive midfielder will ultimately dwarf Mikel's records. This is the spirit of progress, that the records set by successors will surpass the records of their predecessors. Ndidi's EPL stats is already doing that.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:21am On Aug 04, 2022
M7even:

Southampton & hoffenheim are they actually decent / big ? They aren't traditional powerhouse in their country like anderlech, neither have they won their respective leagues in recent times like Leicester, they are not even European league playing teams like Napoli or Villareal with all fairness

Southampton may see itself battling relegation this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:29am On Aug 04, 2022
drDoom3:

Ejuke made a bad move to CSKA, this move rescued him and brought him back to where he can be watched.

Awo made a crucial move to the EPL. If he does well, he could be making a bigger move soon. Also, this move literally forces him into the SE unless he just fails miserably. No excuse to leave him out if he does well.

Lookman was frozen out at Leipzig, same at Leicester. He needed a move, Serie A is hard enough to be competitive but not hard enough not to do well. This move might finally allow him prove himself.

Boniface is really an unknown quantity at the moment. USG is a Brighton pipeline too, so it is definitely a good move.

moving from hereveen to cska Moscow wasn’t a bad move. Cska is miles bigger than any club in the Dutch league aside their top 3 teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:55am On Aug 04, 2022
BannedLarge:
Ndidi has been at Leicester in the same time that, the likes of drinkwater, maguire, Kante, mahrez, chilwell has all signed for the big 4. Now, fofana is about to be signed by Chelsea and Nigerians has the effrontery to compare him to “prime Mikel” let me hear anyone make such comparisons again and they will here my tongue

Nothing wrong in comparing ndidi to mikel in terms of defensive duties when it comes to the midfield,even if mikel is the bigger and better player .

With what you said right there you are just trolling ndidi and nothing else ,but at least use sense troll ,when did ndidi and drink water played at Leicester together or even kante

Ndidi not moving to a big club now doesn’t mean he won’t move in the nearest future

Napoli might be a big club but not a first class club we are all expecting to see koulibally at ,man made a big move to Chelsea at 31 .

People can still make such comparison and there is nothing you can do about that ,so keep quiet .

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:57am On Aug 04, 2022
drDoom3:

Ejuke move to cska was never a bad move ,it’s people like you that will rate a move to the championship than a top club in Russia league grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:07am On Aug 04, 2022
drDoom3:

Ademola situation leaves me perplexed, clearly one of the outstanding players in an under performing Leicester city last season.

6 goals from 26 games as a winger is commendable particularly in the EPL. Why would Leicester not try to retain him.

Furthermore, Liepzig decides to deny him opportunity it seems there is more to this than has been said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15am On Aug 04, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

False.

I really don't think so.

Add to that the penchant for Italians to seek underhanded football transfer deals. Napoli is still under investigation regarding the V.O. transfer from Lille to the club.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by activities2: 9:24am On Aug 04, 2022
Osimhen's Agent in talk with Chelsea

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:09am On Aug 04, 2022
Meliforme:

Thank you Danielnino for these stats, they reveal a lot.

Mikel has shown to be a bulwark in his role as a defensive midfielder, this is very commendable especially when we take into cognizance his evolvement into the role.

Wilfred Ndidi has been involved in 3619 in lesser minutes of play time and still has those records, judging from antecedents and in all optimism his stats as a defensive midfielder will ultimately dwarf Mikel's records. This is the spirit of progress, that the records set by successors will surpass the records of their predecessors. Ndidi's EPL stats is already doing that.

Football is not concluded on stats alone but context.

Its possible to have the highest stats it may not necessarily transfer to outstanding ability and attributes.

Sol Bamba when in the EPL with Cardiff 2018/19 had better statistics than Van Dyke. Will anybody consider Bamba to be better than Van Dyke , l very much doubt.

Statistics are indicative not conclusive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15am On Aug 04, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
Best Nigerian transfer this window:

Victor Boniface to USG.

Better than Lookman to Atalanta, Awoniyi to Forrest, Ejuke to Berlin.

How did you arrive at this conclusion.

Highest transfer fee ❓

Most outstanding player in the lowly Norwegian league ❓❓

Transferred to one of the best teams in Europe ❓❓❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2022
We take on Portugal In a friendly game September

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:32am On Aug 04, 2022
Monster Machine vs CR7 loading cool

Kai so true true we no go WC!? Uzoho why!!? cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:37am On Aug 04, 2022
Was wondering myself.

How do you think Aribo and Awoniyi will do in the EPL this season? I think Taiwo might struggle a bit.

komekn:

How did you arrive at this conclusion.

Highest transfer fee ❓

Most outstanding player in the lowly Norwegian league ❓❓

Transferred to one of the best teams in Europe ❓❓❓

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40am On Aug 04, 2022
chrisooblog:
Was wondering myself.

How do you think Aribo and Awoniyi will do in the EPL this season? I think Taiwo might struggle a bit.

awo go shine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2022
I hope so bro. Pre-season has got me a little worried.

charlesemeka85:
awo go shine

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:08am On Aug 04, 2022
Samueltemi337:
We take on Portugal In a friendly game September
yea saw the news yesterday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jargooflife912(m): 11:13am On Aug 04, 2022
I saw this on twitter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:31am On Aug 04, 2022
Wow! Mighty Enyimba knocked out of the Aiteo Cup. No continental football next season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:35am On Aug 04, 2022
Good day one house, pls somepne should pls help me wit MTN Airtime pls

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:49am On Aug 04, 2022
jargooflife912:
I saw this on twitter
good for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2022
Chukwuemeka unveiled as a Chelsea player

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Aug 04, 2022
chrisooblog:
Was wondering myself.

The terms of reference are different as well as expectations for midfielders and forward players in the case of Awoniyi number 9 striker.

I don't see Awoniyi being adaptable to play on the wing it's striker or nothing. If I am right he is the most expensive acquisition for Nottingham Forest.

As a result expectations will be very high, he is a major focal point. They will expect goals, if he can score 10 he would have done very well IMO

But this is the EPL more physical and a lot faster than the Bundisliga. Very few players if any can replicate Thier goals tally from the Bundisliga in the EPL.

Aribo has a different set of expectations he is not a stand out player for Southampton and is more adaptable to multiple positions. In this regard Aribo will have an easier time. Expectations are not high.

Awoniyi has a much greater challenge to prove himself or get benched very quickly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:19pm On Aug 04, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Chukwuemeka unveiled as a Chelsea player

I just don't know why Liverpool did not buy him when he was 16. He had been outstanding quality for by quite some time.

I knew he was going to a big club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:33pm On Aug 04, 2022
chrisooblog:
Monster Machine vs CR7 loading cool

Kai so true true we no go WC!? Uzoho why!!? cry
have a feeling Ronaldo might be excused from friendly games this year. Nigeria might be a chance to statpad but Portugal may want to avoid injury to their most potent striker. Ronaldo himself might even request for time off till the start of the mundial in December
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2022
The bold is why I think he might struggle a bit. EPL defenders don't like pace, which unfortunately puts Awoniyi at a disadvantage.

I think he will need time to get used to the EPL but will Forest be patient? Especially if there are not getting desired results?

On the plus side Nottingham plays a 2-man attack system which should suit Taiwo.

Yes if he can get 10 goals it will be good season.

Chief I see you still managed to sneak in your EPL agenda against Bundesliga while forgetting how Dennis, a German league reject did well in England grin

komekn:

The terms of reference are different as well as expectations for midfielders and forward players in the case of Awoniyi number 9 striker.

I don't see Awoniyi being adaptable to play on the wing it's striker or nothing. If I am right he is the most expensive acquisition for Nottingham Forest.

As a result expectations will be very high, he is a major focal point. They will expect goals, if he can score 10 he would have done very well IMO

But this is the EPL more physical and a lot faster than the Bundisliga. Very few players if any can replicate Thier goals tally from the Bundisliga in the EPL.

Aribo has a different set of expectations he is not a stand out player for Southampton and is more adaptable to multiple positions. In this regard Aribo will have an easier time. Expectations are not high.

Awoniyi has a much greater challenge to prove himself or get benched very quickly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2022
I doubt it it's a few months to the WC they need to prepare in earnest.

Amedino99:
have a feeling Ronaldo might be excused from friendly games this year. Nigeria might be a chance to statpad but Portugal may want to avoid injury to their most potent striker. Ronaldo himself might even request for time off till the start of the mundial in December
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2022
Akwa United bumping Remo Stars out of the Aiteo Cup with some good football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dn52uGLrQs

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13407) (13408) (13409) (13410) (13411) (13412) (13413) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), Psittacus(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.