Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13424) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11680663 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13421) (13422) (13423) (13424) (13425) (13426) (13427) ... (16153) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2022
grin

charlesemeka85:
I have no doubt that nwakali will still be hyped here even when he retires cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2022
Danielnino00:
Ndidi- DM

Iwobi - CM

Aribo - AM/SS

Any other midfield paring won't make sense when these three are fit...

This is old news. I have been singing this song since Eguavoen's nonsense at the Afcon. This below is one of my many posts on this midfield topic.

Same thing I have been saying in different forms on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2022
Danielnino00:
Ndidi- DM

Iwobi - CM

Aribo - AM/SS

Any other midfield paring won't make sense when these three are fit...
we have seen this before
and there was nothing special about it

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
Samueltemi337:
we have seen this before and there was nothing special about it
When have we seen it? In which game(s)?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2022
Osimhen hasn't scored a goal in open play against top league opposition in preseason. Worrying.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2022
No. We have seen all 3 on the pitch at the same time but NEVER in that tactical set-up.

Aribo was always deep and Iwobi was always on the wings thanks to Iheanacho's presence.

Samueltemi337:
we have seen this before
and there was nothing special about it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:33pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

*Yawns*

Ishaq, Nwakali... All the same angles.

I am done with your foolishness abeg. I am still watching Osimhen and Nwakali and have lots more Naija lads to keep up with.

You can continue crying at every Nwakali mention in here but the mentions will keep coming as long as he has a Football career and as long as he is available to Nigeria's Super Eagles.... and as long as He is Nigerian.

So keep crying. grin

*yawns*

If you will continue to make case for a player who have been redundant and wallowing in lower leagues since he left the shores of Africa over 5 seasons ago implies you are myopic as well as a sentimental being

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

When have we seen it?
In which game(s)?
I meant we have seen this three play in the midfield and nothing special happened

drafting iwobi to cm won't change anything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
Mujtahida:

Na mumu coach dey play Iwobi as winger.
playing him on he wing kinda helped him though. He improved a bunch after his spells both at wingback and fullback. Iwobi of hold can never complete 90 minutes without gassing out.

BTW,he was originally a winger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
No. We have seen all 3 on the pitch at the same time but NEVER in that tactical set-up.

Aribo was always deep and Iwobi was always on the wings thanks to Iheanacho's presence.

I wasn't talking about that set up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
We lost the game but we showed the world

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Tell me that one player that I have not given due praise at the expense of anyone? Tell me just one.

This is exactly the foolishness I am referring to.

Abeg getat grin You type without thinking.
Onyeka is doing it in the epl and bretford, how many times hv you hyped him the same way you to do nwakali?

Oga I too know grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
charlesemeka85:

*yawns*

If you make case of a player who have been redundant and wallowing in lower leagues since he left the shores of Africa over 5 seasons ago implies you are myopic as well as a sentimental being

Do you not make a case for players with worse stats and performances than Nwakali? Lads like Anjorin? Even Tariq Uwakwe is now playing League 2 football. So Why the hypocrisy? This is not about Nwakali's past because dude is back and ready for the new season.

This is rather about you just not being comfortable with any mention of Nwakali at all. This is why whenever the thread is discussing another player amd praising that player, your foolish immature self would deviate and drop the Nwakali name unprovoked.

The truth is you are Obsessed and you don't even know it.

You need to go treat yourself. I know a good psychologist. You really need help Charly boy...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2022
Subzero047:
We lost the game but we showed the world
are you an Everton fan?

Him and nwakali who is better?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
Samueltemi337:
I meant we have seen this three play in the midfield and nothing special happened

drafting iwobi to cm won't change anything
The three has never played together in midfied before.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
If you weren't talking about that SET UP then it simply means we haven't seen it before.

Samueltemi337:
I wasn't talking about that set up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Aug 06, 2022
Danielnino00:

The commonwealth games so far looks like a bit of fresh air after our failure to qualify for the world cup, win the AWCON and the NBBF getting our girls disqualified from the world cup..

And of course, Buahri himself....

I believe sports like Wrestling, weightlifting athletics and table tennis are where we can challenge for medals at the bigger stage (Olympics) if more efforts are put into it...
We are already among the best in para-sport....
Please what is the latest about the NBBF matter. Are our girls still not going for the world cup?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Do you not make a case for players with worse stats and performances than Nwakali? Lads like Anjorin? Even Tariq Uwakwe is now playing League 2 football. So Why the hypocrisy? This is not about Nwakali's past because dude is back and ready for the new season.

This is rather about you just not being comfortable with any mention of Nwakali at all. This is why whenever the thread is discussing another player amd praising that player, your foolish immature self would deviate and drop the Nwakali name unprovoked.

The truth is you are Obsessed and you don't even know it.

You need to go treat yourself. I know a good psychologist. You really need help Charly boy...

I never made case for anjorin to be invited to the current super eagles set up but highlighted him as one to look out for. Moreover he is just 20 and had few season of men’s football so he can turn his career around after an injury laden season last term to fulfill his potentials

I have never argued that anjorin or uwakwe should be given a chance in the team so if u no get stones to throw kindly hide your face in shame

You are just busy throwing stones without aim.

And coming to obsession I can never be obsessed with a flop who haven’t achieved anything since he emerged as the best u17 player in the world. It only irritates me when you and your cohorts who hv dumped you and the hype whenever claims of how he is the best ever erupts in here

Channel that energy and hype to players that deserves it not one who couldn’t record an assist or goal in the Spanish 2nd tier since the past 2 seasons cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
charlesemeka85:
are you an Everton fan?

Him and nwakali who is better?

You dey find trouble abi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:45pm On Aug 06, 2022
mostob:
The three has never played together in midfied before.
they have
during rohr's era

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2022
Onyeka was being benched post-afcon and played very little at the Afcon.

But it was still I who pointed out his decent defensive stats when he played at the Afcon.

You were here and didn't even have an idea. That is how amnesiac and poorly taught you are.

And the Truth is if Onyeka was any good technically, he won't be easily displaced at Brentford in the middle. Dude was reduced to a bench material till injury found him and kept him out of match day squads.

Onyeka is and CAN NEVER BE THE ANSWER TO OUR MIDFIELD CONUNDRUM. He is not gifted in the Orchestrator role. He cannot do it. His passing is not top notch and he is just a workrate merchant who breaks lines with his runnings. All truth.

But alas foolishness wants me to admit to a lie just because he is registered to an EPL team where he hardly kicks a ball now. SMH.

Like Nigeria, like this thread. You are not bright.

charlesemeka85:
Onyeka is doing it in the epl and bretford, how many times hv you hyped him the same way you to do nwakali?

Oga I too know grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
While irrelevant noise is being made here, Kelechi Nwakali balls good for Ponferradina so far in their friendly vs Burgos. grin

HT scores is 0-0.

Also HT between Napoli and Espanyol. Goalless as well.
I fear for Napoli this season angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:47pm On Aug 06, 2022
charlesemeka85:

I never made case for anjorin to be invited to the current super eagles set up but highlighted him as one to look out for. Moreover he is just 20 and had few season of men’s football so he can turn his career around after an injury laden season last term to fulfill his potentials

I have never argued that anjorin or uwakwe should be given a chance in the team so if u no get stones to throw kindly hide your face in shame

You are just busy throwing stones with our aim.

Oga abeg shut up and rest. I am done with your shallowness.

Ball knowledge is different from Ball current affairs. What you have is Current affairs. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:48pm On Aug 06, 2022
cheesy
Subzero047:

You dey find trouble abi grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Oga abeg shut up and rest. I am done with your shallowness.

Ball knowledge is different from Ball current affairs. What you have is Current affairs. Lol

like I said, you can insult,body shame and throw stones at me but I will always stand by the truth

Nwakali as far as I am concerned is a flop who doesn’t deserve any mention here

Moreover the body shaming aspect if I stand and you stand I wonder who will be more desirable

Na so your boy being Dey body shame me until I dropped my pics here for all to see and asked him to do same which he refused. Since then em no Dey yarn go that area again

You be the finest with well proportioned physique, I hail you sir!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

But it was still I who pointed out his decent defensive stats when he played at the Afcon.

You were here and didn't even have an idea. That is how amnesiac and poorly taught you are.

And the Truth is if Onyeka was any good technically, he won't be easily displaced at Brentford in the middle. Dude was reduced to a bench material till injury found him and kept him out of match day squads.

Onyeka is and CAN NEVER BE THE ANSWER TO OUR MIDFIELD CONUNDRUM. He is not gifted in the Orchestrator role. He cannot do it. His passing is not top notch and he is just a workrate merchant who breaks lines with his runnings. All truth.

But alas foolishness wants me to admit to a lie just because he is registered to an EPL team where he hardly kicks a ball now. SMH.

Agreed on Onyeka, he is not all that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

can nwakali make brentford’s second team let alone making the bench for the first team? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2022
Napoli lost 3 core players. Infact "Core" is an understatement.

3 History-making players. Mertens and Insigne, both already approaching their twilight and Koulibaly who finally left to fulfill his ambitions of playing outside Italy.

That is enough to cripple the core structure of any side so the new lads alongside the others have to adapt and quickly too.

As things stand... Osimhen is the only truly big player in that squad.

Last season, with all 3 of Mertens, Insigne and KK present, Osimhen was still Napoli's most important player but those 3 provided the core supporting cast as leaders too.

Now all 3 are gone leaving Osimhen as the guy who must carry them forward for one more season.

So my man, your fear is valid. But time will tell when the season begins next week.

jihday:
I fear for Napoli this season angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2022
Subzero047:

Agreed on Onyeka, he is not all that
can nwakali make brentford’s second team let alone making the bench of the first team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 7:54pm On Aug 06, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I guess you can pass across your message without the insults, body shaming and name calling.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2022
This is just like asking me if Vinicius Jr can make Liverpool's Starting front line of 21/22 season.

That front line of Mane-Firmino/Jota-Salah. The answer would be no but does it make Vinicius a rubbish player?

You see why I say you are not that bright? grin

Abeg... guy leave me. It is stressful keeping up with your shallowness of the game.

charlesemeka85:
can nwakali make brentford’s second team let alone making the bench for the first team? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13421) (13422) (13423) (13424) (13425) (13426) (13427) ... (16153) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lawag3, Sugarboyy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.