Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679740 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13462) (13463) (13464) (13465) (13466) (13467) (13468) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
Astrid4:

cheesy
he will come for your dick ooo cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
Emmanuel Dennis to dorn same number he wore at Watford for the Forest of Nottinghamm.. #25.

The Double Naija Act is on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

I heard "IN-Wakali". Lol... grin

Kinda has a nice ring to it too.
you don suck am sotey em no get balance for ground again cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Appreciate the feedback.

Smart people understand that it is the post you engage the most that will be talked about the most. I dropped Awoniyi goal hypes across various posts... how many engaged it? Only Kog45 (Big Awo fan) & maybe just a few talks and it died down.

I drop Osimhen... how many engaged it? Not so much.

But I drop Nwakali assist and you see one f**l quoting it multiple times saying the same old rubbish. And then he turns around and say we are talking too much about Nwakali. Do you see how stewpid that sounds?

Lengthy without substance? Well, We have Dumb Fat Charles to thank for that. Lmaoooo
It is still engaging him in the multiple quotation that extends it sha.

Please next try just try to ignore.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Emmanuel Dennis to dorn same number he wore at Watford for the Forest of Nottinghamm.. #25.

The Double Naija Act is on.

shift focus small, if a player like dennis can revive his career and now playing in the epl nwakali should do same cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy
kingphilip:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Appreciate the feedback.

Smart people understand that it is the post you engage the most that will be talked about the most. I dropped Awoniyi goal hypes across various posts... how many engaged it? Only Kog45 (Big Awo fan) & maybe just a few talks and it died down.

I drop Osimhen... how many engaged it? Not so much.

But I drop Nwakali assist and you see one f**l quoting it multiple times saying the same old rubbish. And then he turns around and say we are talking too much about Nwakali. Do you see how stewpid that sounds?

Lengthy without substance? Well, We have Dumb Fat Charles to thank for that. Lmaoooo

try to absorb and respect pples opinion than jumping into war of words just because you are a bitch to a certain player

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:25pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2022
https://scorenigeria.com.ng/yira-sor-wants-genk-transfer-but-slavia-praha-give-condition/

Yira sor of yesterday already attracting interest from one of Belgium’s biggest clubs racing genk but we are still here hyping a player that left the shores of Africa over 5 seasons ago currently wallowing in the 2nd tier of Spanish football cheesy

Odimma!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChrisKels:

More of this. Hopefully this year will be that year for him.

I was sad to read about Dele Bashir's recent setback.
is bashir injured?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hmm

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
K.Nwakali's first half for Ponferradina vs Cartegena

Cartegena 1-1 Ponferradina (HT)

1 assist (You need to watch it to understand how good it was)
1 chance created.
100% ground duels won (5/5).
3/5 accurate long balls.
8 recoveries.
2 interceptions.
2 tackles.
70% passing accuracy (23/33).

He's also the most fouled player in the game so far (2).

This is good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChrisKels:

Lemme ooo. The boy no know say we just dey pamper him, but the thing come dey enter his head, so we needed to put him in his place.

Smiles

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2022
Transfer Speculations

Yira Sor to Genk.... talks and rumors building.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 4:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
ChrisKels:

Because we dey hail am based on how he is keeping this thread busy for us, the kid come dey over rate himself. grin

He is not overating himself. TheSuperNerd is good, and that's the fact. What you perceive as a defect doesn't measure up in any way with the work he does here. Can we just kvell in the desirables.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:57pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sometimes, it's better to address a little and then ignore.

This is because "totally ignoring" gives the "gullible ones" ideas.

Funny part is after all their noise is done and settled, they and their idiotic fans will each return to the reality that stares them in the face. The reality of their pathetic little lives.

So let Tomfoolery continue showing itself. It always attracts more followers than real substance.

Wisdom speaks and then stops and watches.... but foolishness and "pseudos" always keep yapping and yapping to sound smart and relevant.

kingphilip:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Etebo.
Bonke Innocent
Azubuike Ikechukwu.

You are there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2022
Non-Nigerian related but just a reflection on how time can be so funny yet brutal.

As far back as 2017 - 2018, most coaches will have Dele Alli and Alex Iwobi in the same side.... and their pick will obviously be Dele.

Fast forward to 2022... Iwobi is an Everton Mainstay while Alli looks like he's heading out the door at Everton and headed to Turkey. Hmmm...

...Time. Respect Time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Video Clip: K.Nwakali's Assist

https://twitter.com/nwakali25/status/1559483341895860225?t=5xY6f1HRfwqqWyRiaAJHoQ&s=19

P.S: *For those interested abeg. Don't quote me saying nonsense. Thank you.

This is delicious.

How Nwakali and Alex Iwobi played second fiddle in Eguavoen's system that favours long balls is still an enigma.

Imagine placing this kind of long pass to any of our forwards.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Speculations

Yira Sor to Genk.... talks and rumors building.

E be like say na only Genk dey Belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
I have been avoiding suggesting this here until Nwakali hits 10 games this season showing same form and quality in the middle.... but the hint is this and I have long mentioned it as one of the options on twitter.

An Ndidi-Nwakali-Iwobi Midfield, with all in form, will be a near perfect mix of Steel and Complete cruise control. I know you have mentioned this too before (I just nodded at that post and smiled).

It is also similar to what I expect in an Ndidi-Alhassan-Iwobi MF Trio. Another near perfect trio from tactical POVs.

But these will hopefully take place with time...

For now, I want to see an Ndidi-Iwobi-Aribo MF trio first. I know its couple of tactical imperfections but that is the midfield combo that, I believe, has earned a chance to be seen properly when next we meet for international games.

Eguavoen really messed us up at the Afcon. You talk of long balls yet kept Nwakali benched despite seeing what he could do in that 3rd group game...and then he kept Iwobi benched too and when he played him, it was wingwards towards the right for most of the Afcon tournament.
Ofcos Iwobi in turn didn't do himself any favors by flunking in that role. But it still all falls on Egu.

Thanks goodness for Lampard who got Iwobi going again and finally moved him centrally (as already suggested beforehand by me via twitter) for about 6-9 games or so before finishing with him as RB last season.

Before this new season began, the question arose on twitter about where Lampard should play Iwobi and I said, he should simply use him exactly how he did when Iwobi began playing under Lamps.... As a deeplying CM.

The best part is that Peseiro understood from the first moments he resumed the Super Eagles job that Iwobi is the man to properly oil the wheels of our middle game and keep things rolling from deep.
I guess he saw that we were lacking that deeplying conductor and it shows in the way we have been playing under him even though it is still early days.

Iwobi is our main central midfield playmaker and one who can also play further forward as a number 10 if another deeplying midfield player is assigned that deep conductor role.

What we have here is an opportunity to lift the face of our middle game dynamics. It is up to the SE crew to take things further.

Meliforme:

This is delicious.

How Nwakali and Alex Iwobi played second fiddle in Eguavoen's system that favours long balls is still an enigma.

Imagine placing this kind of long pass to any of our forwards.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2022
All clear

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Subzero047:

E be like say na only Genk dey Belgium

Lol... grin

Nigerian players & Genk = 5&6.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
I have been avoiding suggesting this here until Nwakali hits 10 games this season showing same form and quality in the middle.... but the hint is this and I have long mentioned it as one of the options on twitter.

An Ndidi-Nwakali-Iwobi Midfield, with all in form, will be a near perfect mix of Steel and Complete cruise control. I know you have mentioned this too before (I just nodded at that post and smiled).

It is also similar to what I expect in an Ndidi-Alhassan-Iwobi MF Trio. Another near perfect trio from tactical POVs.

But these will hopefully take place with time...

For now, I want to see an Ndidi-Iwobi-Aribo MF trio first. I know its couple of tactical imperfections but that is the midfield combo that, I believe, has earned a chance to be seen properly when next we meet for international games.

Eguavoen really messed us up at the Afcon. You talk of long balls yet kept Nwakali benched despite seeing what he could do in that 3rd group game...and then he kept Iwobi benched too and when he played him, it was wingwards towards the right for most of the Afcon tournament.
Ofcos Iwobi in turn didn't do himself any favors by flunking in that role. But it still all falls on Egu.

Thanks goodness for Lampard who got Iwobi going again and finally moved him centrally (as already suggested beforehand by me via twitter) for about 6-9 games or so before finishing with him as RB last season.

Before this new season began, the question arose on twitter about where Lampard should play Iwobi and I said, he should simply use him exactly how he did when Iwobi began playing under Lamps.... As a deeplying CM.

The best part is that Peseiro understood from the first moments he resumed the Super Eagles job that Iwobi is the man to properly oil the wheels of our middle game and keep things rolling from deep.
I guess he saw that we were lacking that deeplying conductor and it shows in the way we have been playing under him even though it is still early days.

Iwobi is our main central midfield playmaker and one who can also play further forward as a number 10 if another deeplying midfield player is assigned that deep conductor role.

What we have here is an opportunity to lift the face of our middle game dynamics. It is up to the SE crew to take things further.

Alright.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Fulham U-21 beating Chelsea 3-0 with a defense that has chalobah, chilwell, ampadu shocked
Can you imagine? With Midfield generallisimo Chukwuemeke Odumeje Ojukwu , they still lost at home.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Chidera Ejuke on his Home league debut with Hertha BSC.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
Meliforme:

He is not overating himself. TheSuperNerd is good, and that's the fact. What you perceive as a defect doesn't measure up in any way with the work he does here. Can we just kvell in the desirables.
You don't get it. I really admire his selflessness and dedication too. It's not easy to keep tab on most Nigerian players almost everyday. But the issue lies in not respecting people's opinion.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Aug 16, 2022
Maduka Okoye returns to the matchday squad. Makes the bench.

Troost Ekong on the bench.

Still no Kalu.

22 y/o Anglo-Nigerian, Joseph Mayowa Hungbo, also on the bench.

Watford takes on Birmingham away from home.

Game on in 39mins.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2022
E be like everywhere don clear.... grin

Be like we go need do GoFundMe use repair this thread cos the Kain tsunami and ballistic missiles wey dey fly around since yesterday ehn...Boko boys sef go fear. grin grin

The vawulence was too massive

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
mostob:
Can you imagine? With Midfield generallisimo Chukwuemeke Odumeje Ojukwu , they still lost at home.
This very guy na legit baller. Even when he played for Villa in the EPL, he looked decent.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
Akinkunmi Amoo on the bench for FC København.

Paul Makairu also on the bench.

København takes on Trabzonspor in the 1st leg of the UCL Playoff round (Final Qualifying Round).

Game on in 43mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
I hope Onyedika's deal with AC Milan doesn't go through, look at Akinkunmi wasting on the bench at this important stage in his career

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13462) (13463) (13464) (13465) (13466) (13467) (13468) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Elnino9(m), comodo, cromz(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.