Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13503) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11671494 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13500) (13501) (13502) (13503) (13504) (13505) (13506) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
codemaniacs:

you must be under 17 years old...

I didn't call mostob decisions foolish..

you like putting words in peoples mouths to make your own point...

and if mostob also holds the opinion that players must be playing in the Top 5 leagues before they can get call ups then his decision is foolish...

mostob is talking about Iwobi, Nwakwali and Ndidi in the S.E starting eleven which means they have to be invited then the coach has to start them...

Aribo was a hindrance to Nwakwali's chances at the AFCON an d Eguavoen lack of belief in midfielders and lack of playing possession football caused it. Eguavoen believes having 4 - 6 strikers playing in Top 5 leagues in the starting eleven will win him matches...
Next time put a dot in-between the moniker. I hate been mentioned unnecessarily especially when it's about a useless rant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:54pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

@bolded... Oh, so you too see the tactical possibilities. Very good. grin

@2nd bolded... I love this. Some of you all are catching on to the Nicknames I bestow on these lads. grin

Carry on Comrade....
The trio has always been my preferred Midfield partners. Ndidi doing the dirty work, Kelechi with the build up and Iwobi slicing the ball through the opponent's defence. Unfortunately,Nwakali has been disappointing. I hope he get his break this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Ndidi has the work rate but he needs to develop his passing. A deep playing pivot is becoming key if you must play possession football.

You need a deep player that can combine with the defenders to play out of the back. I am seeing potential in Samson Tijani for that role. Ndidi might have to fall to defence but his passing might still prove a liability.
I agree. That's why pairing him with good passers will mask his weakness. If Ndidi is half as good as Rodri in passing, it'd have been Iwobi, Ndidi and Aribo in Midfield. Ndidi combining the defensive and buildup duties, Iwobi creating chances and Aribo attacking the box.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 11:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
what did you say?

Focus on Kano pillars, udoji united, calabar rovers, leventies and el Kanemi warriors to gain more followers on YouTube cus i am a subscriber of your channel and must confess it isn’t doing well at all cheesy
This is one mof the most myopic and se*ns**ss post I have come across on this thread. Is this how low you can go

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
ChrisKels:
In his first ever start for Watford, Maduka Okoye leads his club through the exit door from the Carabao Cup, as he lets in 2 against lowly rated MK Dons

I didn’t watch the game ,but I know you have something against that boy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
I be wan drop stats for the Championship.I don take the snapshots earlier but I never get time. Will post during the week.

That said, I won’t be able to keep up with this consistently as a family man and other important engagements. So just accept anyone I drop. Hopefully the gbos gbas go reduce as the season continues

We fit delegate one of the leagues to you, also the follow feature on SofaScore can be a very useful feature in tracking players performances on the fly. I no just get the passion again to expend that energy, then when tournament start proper our boys go dey mess up.

charlesemeka85:
i wan ask question oooo

why all these irrelevant stats whenever nwakali plays a match? wetin mk una no dey also drop same stats of other players scattered all ovcer europe.

which one be long ball stat again which he can only achieve in 2nd tier club football?

make una kuku show stats of successful throwing too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nwakali as someone said here few days ago will be the most hyped Nigerian footballer ever to exist cheesy

Azeez played in the segunda division for years , got promoted to laliga and currently back to the 2nd tier of Spanish football for once I never saw any monicker drop stats of his throwing and long ball stats

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2022
I no go lie when the Watford move was announced e do me one kind for body but I no wan talk. I hope he comes good eventually though. The guy I am banking on is Adeleye fingers crossed until he is tested in SE
ChrisKels:
In his first ever start for Watford, Maduka Okoye leads his club through the exit door from the Carabao Cup, as he lets in 2 against lowly rated MK Dons

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
mostob:
The trio has always been my preferred Midfield partners. Ndidi doing the dirty work, Kelechi with the build up and Iwobi slicing the ball through the opponent's defence. Unfortunately,Nwakali has been disappointing. I hope he get his break this season.
see as em swt for ear cheesy

Let’s continue dreaming

Ndidi slave, nwakali builder while iwobi go Dey slice defenses open but we sit down for house watch olympics and will do same for World Cup cheesy

Hunters and carpenters cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2022
yea just an elementary error. Thanks. Nice catch.

TheSuperNerd:
Joint 10th in the league after 2 matchdays NOT Joint 14th.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
Let me add I expect him to be outstanding (the best or at least top 3 for specific stats) in the league, playing in the 2nd tier. So these stats will come to bear as we progress, as well as several matches I may watch.

charlesemeka85:
i wan ask question oooo

why all these irrelevant stats whenever nwakali plays a match? wetin mk una no dey also drop same stats of other players scattered all ovcer europe.

which one be long ball stat again which he can only achieve in 2nd tier club football?

make una kuku show stats of successful throwing too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nwakali as someone said here few days ago will be the most hyped Nigerian footballer ever to exist cheesy

Azeez played in the segunda division for years , got promoted to laliga and currently back to the 2nd tier of Spanish football for once I never saw any monicker drop stats of his throwing and long ball stats

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Watch the passing ability of Kalvin Phillips and you will understand why Guardiola insisted on getting him. If Ndidi is to play with the big boys, he must transform into more than a destroyer.

He has the ability. He just needs to change his mentality to a passer and see his game improve by miles. Open for passes. That is search for space where his teammates can find him. Then pass to players in space. Study Xavi and Paul Scholes over and over again. The Defensive midfield role is changing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i77EsprjHE

I understood very well the view you just painted, the qualities you accentuated, are not just for DM's, it is for every player, but let's not forget that the point (up) is on Wilfred Ndidi's relevance to the Super eagles midfield.

I stressed from the beginning on the quality in our players and why Ndidi is important.
We have goalkeepers that make us cede possession whenever the ball is theirs to distribute. We have CB's that battle with concentration, we have forwards that doesn't contribute much to defense (Moses Simon is excluded from this, Chidera Ejuke is also not guilty). We also have players with limited passing technique, making us cede possession when we are not to. You see why we need an elite destroyer like Ndidi, to help us clean up, break up the opposition's play, provide a good defensive cover etc.

The W.I.N triumvirate is the way to go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Wetin man go do?
Cecco90:

I no blame them at all. Na wetin we get be that. Na the dearth of midfield talent I blame o. Na condition make crayfish bend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
I remember a Reading fan calling Ejaria the best player in the world. Fans will be fans. But na fans go first appreciate your first before others will PROBABLY notice.

charlesemeka85:
improved version of gatusso,gullit and pirlo in the Spanish segunda division? cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
Alhassan Yusuf!!!!!
mostob:
I just pray his performance this season will be a stepping stone for Kelechi. The talent is there, he just needs to work hard more.

Call me whatever you want, I really wish to have Ndidi, Iwobi and Nwakali manning our Midfield.

But till then, Sultan, Onyedika and the likes should be invited for next friendlies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:01am On Aug 24, 2022
Meliforme:

I understood very well the view you just painted, the qualities you accentuated, are not just for DM's, it is for every player, but let's not forget that the point (up) is on Wilfred Ndidi's relevance to the Super eagles midfield.

I stressed from the beginning on the quality in our players and why Ndidi is important.
We have goalkeepers that make us cede possession whenever the ball is theirs to distribute. We have CB's that battle with concentration, we have forwards that doesn't contribute much to defense (Moses Simon is excluded from this, Chidera Ejuke is also not guilty). We also have players with limited passing technique, making us cede possession when we are not to. You see why we need an elite destroyer like Ndidi, to help us clean up, break up the opposition's play, provide a good defensive cover etc.

The W.I.N triumvirate is the way to go.

I understand your point. However, developing his ball-playing skills will increase his value to us. Also, the reason of this argument is why top clubs skip Ndidi despite his quality. It has to do with his passing limitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Oga leave Basco. If nobody really cared about our league then there is no hope. Na people like Basco we need around the corridors of NFF. We need people with passion to serve.

It’s easy to take the easy path, focusing on the EPL like everyone. But he has chosen the unfamiliar (hardest) path. That shows character that he is ready for the big challenge.
charlesemeka85:
what did you say?

Focus on Kano pillars, udoji united, calabar rovers, leventies and el Kanemi warriors to gain more followers on YouTube cus i am a subscriber of your channel and must confess it isn’t doing well at all cheesy

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:09am On Aug 24, 2022
All Right!!!!! You did justice to this. I hadn’t read all these comments prior to my earlier response

TheGoodJoe:

What is more interesting? You people will be the first to complain about our local scene not growing and first to attack someone doing his best to help push our local football.

BascoVanVeli is beyond criticism. Yes I will repeat it. He is beyond criticism. He is doing a magnificent job. It is tedious, dedicated, committed.

To you the views are not high but to those young men out there, he is creating that little window for them to grow.

I am shocked you can even think of making mockery, instead of showing appreciation.

If not him, I would have been oblivious to a lot of things happening in our local scene.

BascoVanVeli, do not let such talk get to you. Neyo was booed off stage at the Apollo and he ended up a phenom.

Eminem's mixtape was thrown in the garbage by a producer because he felt he was thrash. He became one of the best selling musicians of all time.

Kanye West was rejected by Capital records and wanted only his beats. He became a multiple Grammy award winner.

Do not let anyone deceive you. You are a pride to our football.

My Wife answers my phone call with a loud ALLLL RRRIIGHT.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:42am On Aug 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I understand your point. However, developing his ball-playing skills will increase his value to us. Also, the reason of this argument is why top clubs skip Ndidi despite his quality. It has to do with his passing limitation.

The debate is on Ndidi's relevance to the Super Eagles midfield.
Maybe you have forgotten, below is the post that started the debate.

mostob:
I just pray his performance this season will be a stepping stone for Kelechi. The talent is there, he just needs to work hard more.

Call me whatever you want, I really wish to have Ndidi, Iwobi and Nwakali manning our Midfield.

But till then, Sultan, Onyedika and the likes should be invited for next friendlies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:34am On Aug 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Learn to understand a point. I said Iheanacho should stay a season or two for the tactical lessons and leave for playing time. At the time Rodgers signed, Iheanacho was still in his formative years and needed to develop tactically.

So, I never wanted him to stay long there. Okay?
Yes uncle I apologize sir, I take full responsibility, as I no sabi understanding.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:13am On Aug 24, 2022
In Bassey's debut in the league for Ajax, did he play as a CB or LB?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2022
ChrisKels:

Center Back.

Blind played left back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Like WTF.

10 long balls. 8 accurate. No need for Tonali. Iwobi Got it.

Still don't understand why Iwobi passes long balls with such good technique.

But the only shot he had in that game, he went for power.

If he envisages the goal as a pass, he would score much more easier.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:45am On Aug 24, 2022
This stat says much about Ndidi than Iwobi.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:47am On Aug 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Come on. The opportunities are different. How many black coaches have the opportunity for top teams? He tried and I hope he gives it another shot.
My opinion is clear.He got the opportunity in Dutch league and bottle it.He came from no where to coach eagles with no experience like Keshi who coached Togo and Mali and even qualified tiny Togo to WC....He criticised a lot and always see himself as Mr know it all,he berated Keshi and Siasia at any given opportunity,check his comments out in Emma Babayaro podcast,talking trash about Mikel who remain only Nigerian to spend good eleven years with top club in Europe.Fact,Mikel had fruitful career than Oliseh but trying to compare Mikel and Ndidi just to negate Mikel.

Pls compare John Fashanu interview in Emma Babayaro podcast with Oliseh and see intelligence and class

Yes he is black but coaching regional club and still out then not good for his coaching career.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Joebie:
Alhassan Yusuf!!!!!
That's Sultan... Midfield sultan cheesy
I mentioned him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:13am On Aug 24, 2022
ChrisKels:
CB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2022
The Midfield Sultan... Midfield Emir... Midfield Alhaji... The Conductor-Dynamo.

That's our Alhassan Yusuf indeed. cool

mostob:
That's Sultan... Midfield sultan cheesy
I mentioned him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:14am On Aug 24, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:
This stat says much about Ndidi than Iwobi.
iwobi is truly turning his career around

So glad for my guy doing it in the biggest league in the world grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
From today henceforth, I multi-name Alhassan Yusuf as the "The Midfield Sultan", "The Midfield Alhaji" and "The Conductor-dynamo".

Baller!

The Origin of Alhassan's New Nickname is the above post.

Always remember your players' new and evolving nicknames coined by yours sincerely. wink

Alhassan Yusuf is the Midfield Sultan and more. When next you hear another use it, just know we talking about Alhassan. None other but him. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:28am On Aug 24, 2022
Oluwafisayo Dele-Bashiru FT Stats for Sheffield Wednesday yesterday in d Carabao Cup Round 2.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Rochdale

70mins played (Subbed out with a knock).
1 goal.
2 assists.
5 chances created.
41 touches.
34/36 accurate passes.
94% passing accuracy.
100% accurate long balls (1/1).
100% successful dribbles (1/1).
100% ground duels won (2/2).
1 shot on target.
Was fouled once.
1 recovery.

*Fisayo created the most chances in the game (5)

L-R: Dennis Adeniran, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru and Jaden Brown

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:38am On Aug 24, 2022
Dennis Adeniran FT Stats for Sheffield Wednesday yesterday in d Carabao Cup Round 2.

Sheffield Wednesday 3-0 Rochdale

90mins played.
1 goal.
66 touches.
39/46 accurate passes.
85% passing accuracy.
100% accurate long balls (1/1).
1 shot on target.
2 shots blocked.
4/6 successful dribbles.
5 recoveries.
7/12 ground duels won.
2 fouls committed.
Was fouled twice.
1 tackle.

*Adeniran completed the most dribbles in the game (4).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

It is not race card but fact card. I hope he tries again. Oliseh did it before and he can do it again. I won't lose faith in him. He has the talent.
ok they don’t like black coaches in Europe, did they forbid him from getting a job in North Africa or the Middle East ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13500) (13501) (13502) (13503) (13504) (13505) (13506) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Toylove, Napoleon55(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.