Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11670625 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13507) (13508) (13509) (13510) (13511) (13512) (13513) ... (16151) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

If I were him, I'll join a team where I will not only earn much but will also be assured that it's the right club...
Wasn't there a report that PSG were also interested in him? And something about Bayern? Both clubs are better options compared to Man Utd... Man Utd post Ferguson era have been mostly rubbish...
if it is between man united and Bayern I will root for him to move to Bayern instead

But if it’s for him to ditch ucl league campaigners Napoli to Manchester United on a bigger pay cheque, He will be daft to turn the offer down just to remain in Napoli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
rubbish yes but players are cashing out seriously at united and hv secured their retirement after football

Also no matter how bad United is it still has higher sailing and rating than Napoli in European football

Man united won’t remain the way it is and the changes needed are already taking place gradually

Osimhen hasn't reached the age where he should be thinking of retirement...He still has many years of active football left in him..

And there's no evidence to show that Man Utd are getting better...Beating a demoralized Liverpool team doesn't change anything..Singing Casemiro doesnt either..You've signed bigger players than him that didn't turn out well...

Give it until the end of the season before you conclude...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:40pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
psg story was mere rumour with no offer on the table same as the news linking him to united in a swap deal for cr7 currently

I bet you that if psg were serious and put in a bid of 100m or a bit more Napoli will accept and osimhen will be glad to move to Paris

Na una Dey see Napoli as big club ooooo cheesy, to me dem Dey the same level with Sevilla,Monaco,marseille,villareal etc

No right thinking player will turn down beautiful Paris for Naples cheesy

Sevilla is bigger than Napoli ,Napoli is a 3rd grade big club but still a big club

Osimhen will not smell game time at psg as far as that front trio remains there .

All good strikers should learn from Mauro icardi experience there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
if it is between man united and Bayern I will root for him to move to Bayern instead

But if it’s for him to ditch ucl league campaigners Napoli to Manchester United on a bigger pay check? He will be daft to turn the offer down just to remain in Napoli

He can still move next summer..
He would be daft to turn down UCL campaigners Napoli for Europa league bound Man Utd just to be used as a pawn to satisfy Ronaldo's desire to play UCL football..
If at all he should join Man Utd,let it be next summer not now...

It isn't a sensible move...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

Osimhen hasn't reached the age where he should be thinking of retirement...He still has many years of active football left in him..

And there's no evidence to show that Man Utd are getting better...Beating a demoralized Liverpool team doesn't change anything..Singing Casemiro doesnt either..You've signed bigger players than him that didn't turn out well...

Give it until the end of the season before you conclude...

I don’t think Liverpool is demoralized yet though

It’s one of those bad days
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

Nobody has said Napoli are a big club...But they are currently doing better than Man Utd...
Again, is it Ten Hag asking for Osimhen or it's just in an effort to satisfy Ronaldo wish to leave? What if Ten Haag isn't keen on him?

We know football these days is all about the money, but for young players like Osimhen who haven't won much honours in their careers, funding a stable club is important too...
Na so Etebo rush go Stoke City and some people hailed the move saying it would bring him more money and exposure...The same Etebo is unwanted at Stoke City now...
doing better because they are in serie A? I bet you that if Napoli switches leagues and complete in the epl they won’t make top 5 at the end of the season

And if united switch to serie A even at it’s currently state the worst they will finish is 4th

Also mind you it’s not only about the money but playing in a bigger league and bigger club

If osimhen was at inter,juve or even Milan I will advice him to stay, atleast with the aforementioned clubs he has the opportunity to atleast win a trophy in Italy

But with united under the eyes of eth osimhen will become a better player, earn well and recognized as few Africans that were able to play for one of Europe’s richest and respected clubs

Also for a striker this is the best age for him to make something out of his career because striker tend not to last longer in football when compared to the career of midfielders and CBs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I don’t think Liverpool is demoralized yet though

It’s one of those bad days

We are very demoralized with many first team players out injured...
Did you see our bench against Man Utd? it looked like a league one club bench...

Tomorrow against Southampton,we will see if Man Utd win over us was just a fluke they are indeed back on track..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:47pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

He can still move next summer..
He would be daft to turn down UCL campaigners Napoli for Europa league bound Man Utd just to be used as a pawn to satisfy Ronaldo's desire to play UCL football..
If at all he should join Man Utd,let it be next summer not now...

It isn't a sensible move...
ucl that Napoli will win? Abi Europa league that Napoli will drop to after few games in the ucl?

This is not even the angle am I seeing this but monetary and recognition wise

It all demands on what the player in question wants for his career though but if I were to be him and such offer is on my table I won’t think twice to grab it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

We are very demoralized with many first team players out injured...
Did you see our bench against Man Utd? it looked like a league one club bench...

Tomorrow against Southampton,we will see if Man Utd win over us was just a fluke they are indeed back on track..

Make I no lie sha I mock the bench ,the bench was bad Walai

But on a good day that first 11 klopp fielded should have done the job against Man U ,and why was Fabinho on the bench that day ?

I will really put an eye on Man U tomorrow grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
doing better because they are in serie A? I bet you that if Napoli switches leagues and complete in the epl they won’t make top 5 at the end of the season

And if united switch to serie A even at it’s currently state the worst they will finish is 4th

Also mind you it’s only about the money but playing in a bigger league and bigger club

If osimhen was at inter,juve or even Milan I will advice him to stay, atleast with the aforementioned clubs he has the opportunity to atleast win a trophy in Italy

But with united under the eyes of eth osimhen will become a better player, earn well and recognized as few Africans that were able to play for one of Europe’s richest and respected clubs

Also for a striker this is the best age for him to make something out of his career because striker tend not to last longer in football when compared to the career of midfielders and CBs

At the bolded ..The real question is, does Ten Hag want him?
I've read the news report and all I'm seeing is that Jorge Mendes want a swap deal for Ronaldo... In short,it's Ronaldo's happiness they are after here... Osimhen can join Man Utd now and he will be sitting on the bench for Martial and Rashford...Yes,it can happen if he isn't in the coach's plan..
Ten Hag isn't better than Van Gaal and Mourinho who have coached Man Utd post Ferguson era,so I'm not moved at all...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
ucl that Napoli will win? Abi Europa league that Napoli will drop to after few games in the ucl?

This is not even the angle am I seeing this but monetary and recognition wise

It all demands on what the player in question wants for his career though but if I were to be him and such offer is on my table I won’t think twice to grab it

Man Utd self fit drop to Europa conference league... Nothing is guaranteed..
To you,it's a good move monetary wise, but realistically,it has its own risks too...
Don't forget that Osimhen isn't European...How many African players that flopped at a big club have had the chance to rejuvenate their careers after that?

I just remembered Wilfried Bonny who flopped at Man City after breaking ground at Swansea...What happened after he left city?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Sevilla is bigger than Napoli ,Napoli is a 3rd grade big club but still a big club

Osimhen will not smell game time at psg as far as that front trio remains there .

All good strikers should learn from Mauro icardi
cheesy Napoli is just a 3rd-4th grade club in europe

We only see it to be big because currently aside ajax it’s the biggest club we hv a Nigerian

Football fans in europe don’t rate Napoli as a big team but 4th grade team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:59pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

Man Utd self fit drop to Europa conference league... Nothing is guaranteed..
To you,it's a good move monetary wise, but realistically,it has its own risks too...
Don't forget that Osimhen isn't European...How many European players that flopped at a big club have had the chance to rejuvenate their careers after that?

I just remembered Wilfried Bonny who flopped at Man City after breaking ground at Swansea...What happened after he left city?
yes nothing is guaranteed at all but the highest Napoli will go in this seasons ucl is the 2nd round. Though I am yet to see the teams they are paired with but the Naples side is one team in europe that you can’t put your hope on

Bony moved to city at the right age and the majority of the fortune he enjoys today was made when he was a city player.

You are only focused on the negative side or I will say probabilities but hv you asked your self osimhen’s rating and worth if he happens to be the messiah that united hv been seeking for as a number 9 all this years?

Hv you asked your self what if he performs in a bigger league and club like united how his rating will rise to make him counted among the best strikers in world football in general?

Do you knw if he makes the move to man united and scores goals for fun with good performances that giants like Barca and Madrid will be attracted to break the bank for him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
If United truly want Osimhen in order to trade Ronaldo, I would advise him to jump at the opportunity. He has already had a taste of the Champions league with Lille, and Napoli is in no way a champions league trophy contender. He should go lead the line for United under ETH

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2022
ChrisKels:
If United truly want Osimhen in order to trade Ronaldo, I would advise him to jump at the opportunity. He has already had a taste of the Champions league with Lille, and Napoli is in no way a champions league trophy contender. He should go lead the line for United under ETH
God bless you fam, you get sense

Leave pple wey to play for ucl Dey shyke for body

Not only leading the line for the new team eth is assembling but will make good money as well and his profile will rise if he shines in the epl

Pple just Dey talk Napoli Napoli Napoli, club wey I no fit remember when last Dey won something tangible or made a statement in the ucl and uel

If Napoli plays in the epl they won’t finish 6th every season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2022
ChrisKels:
I will even swap Napoli for Spurs and Arsenal let alone Manchester United

To me I see Napoli just like leicester,Atalanta and others cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
grin
andrewbaba44:

Europa league group grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Even with the resurgence of As Roma since Jose joined last season I can bet that the time based side will overtake Napoli to qualify for the ucl next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
why, so if you are victor and united comes for you with better pay package you will choose to remain at Napoli just because of ucl that the latter will crash out in group stage? cheesy

Saw the rumour on Twitter last night but didn’t bother posting it here cus it’s highly unlikely to happen

Napoli won’t be daft to let go their priced asset for 37 year old cr7 who will demand quadruple of osimhen current wage if he joins the Naples based team
why should I leave Napoli for struggling man utd when I know performing really well this season will bring in better offers

Napoli already have Giovanni Simeone and raspadoli letting osimhen go for that amount (140 million) is a really good business
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:26pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
yes nothing is guaranteed at all but the highest Napoli will go in this seasons ucl is the 2nd round. Though I am yet to see the teams they are paired with but the Naples side is one team in europe that you can’t put your hope on

Bony moved to city at the right age and the majority of the fortune he enjoys today was made when he was a city player.

You are only focused on the negative side or I will say probabilities but hv you asked your self osimhen’s rating and worth if he happens to be the messiah that united hv been seeking for as a number 9 all this years?

Hv you asked your self what if he performs in a bigger league and club like united how his rating will rise to make him counted among the best strikers in world football in general?

Do you knw if he makes the move to man united and scores goals for fun with good performances that giants like Barca and Madrid will be attracted to break the bank for him?

The real issue isn't even about Osimhen performing or not...It's about Man Utd performing.. A bad team can make a good player look bad.. I can list Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez, Depay, Lukaku and Pogba as players who were doing very well until they joined Man Utd..We can expand the list to include Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Shaw, Sancho and many others.. Man Utd have signed some of the biggest names in football,but established and upcoming ones... The club is the problem not the players..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Samueltemi337:
why should I leave Napoli for struggling man utd when I know performing really well this season will bring in better offers

Napoli already have Giovanni Simeone and raspadoli letting osimhen go for that amount (140 million) is a really good business

Exactly!
Osimhen has four goals contribution this season and is on the path to having his best season ever in top flight football. Barring any serious injury, he could score as much as 25 goals this season .If that happens and Napoli place him on the market, bigger teams will come .

There's no sense in him leaving Napoli now to join a Man Utd team that has a history of making good players look bad. At least wait till next season and see if Ten Hag can turn their fortunes around ..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

The real issue isn't even about Osimhen performing or not...It's about Man Utd performing.. A bad team can make a good player look bad.. I can list Falcao, Di Maria, Sanchez, Depay, Lukaku and Pogba as players who were doing very well until they joined Man Utd..We can expand the list to include Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Varane, Shaw, Sancho and many others.. Man Utd have signed some of the biggest names in football,but established and upcoming ones... The club is the problem not the players..

man united is rebuilding so calm down and watch

Napoli that have bottled their chances to win the league in 3 straight seasons?

Oya see what I got from Twitter few minutes ago. Imagine if united decides to give Napoli 130m euros with a pay package of 12m euros annually to osimhen as quoted on the screenshot below that he will reject the move to remain in Naples because of ucl football? You must be kidding me cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
psg story was mere rumour with no offer on the table same as the news linking him to united in a swap deal for cr7 currently

I bet you that if psg were serious and put in a bid of 100m or a bit more Napoli will accept and osimhen will be glad to move to Paris

Na una Dey see Napoli as big club ooooo cheesy, to me dem Dey the same level with Sevilla,Monaco,marseille,villareal etc

No right thinking player will turn down beautiful Paris for Naples cheesy
PSG asked about him for next season

that's when the move is likely to come

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
rubbish yes but players are cashing out seriously at united and hv secured their retirement after football

Also no matter how bad United is it still has higher sailing and rating than Napoli in European football

Man united won’t remain the way it is and the changes needed are already taking place gradually
Osimhen is just 23 this is not the time to be talking about retirement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
Samueltemi337:
Osimhen is just 23 this is not the time to be talking about retirement
do you know the career of footballers is short and can end unplanned any time when serious injury occurs?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
God bless you fam, you get sense

Leave pple wey to play for ucl Dey shyke for body

Not only leading the line for the new team eth is assembling but will make good money as well and his profile will rise if he shines in the epl

Pple just Dey talk Napoli Napoli Napoli, club wey I no fit remember when last Dey won something tangible or made a statement in the ucl and uel

If Napoli plays in the epl they won’t finish 6th every season
But them win Coppa Italia 2020 Na
they were even title contenders last season
when last man u win anything?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Samueltemi337:
But them win Coppa Italia 2020 Na
they were even title contenders last season
when last man u win anything?
only coppa Italia for over 2 decades after their uel triumph with almighty maradona? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2022
charlesemeka85:
man united is rebuilding so calm down and watch

Napoli that have bottled their chances to win the league in 3 straight seasons?

Oya see what I got from Twitter few minutes ago. Imagine if united decides to give Napoli 130m euros with a pay package of 12m euros annually to osimhen as quoted on the screenshot below that he will reject the move to remain in Naples because of ucl football? You must be kidding me cheesy

The last statement in the tweet is golden..
The guy knows the right thing for himself..He wants to stay.. He no rate Man Utd at all..So calm down.

Make una use Anthony, Pako, and the likes to rebuild cheesy . Leave Osimhen for more serious teams like Bayern and PSG next season abeg...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2022
Danielnino00:

The last statement in the tweet is golden..
The guy knows the right thing for himself..He wants to stay.. He no rate Man Utd at all..So calm down.

Make una use Anthony, Pako, and the likes to rebuild cheesy . Leave Osimhen for more serious teams like Bayern and PSG next season abeg...

Osimhen should stay and develop in Napoli. Manu is too unstable for now. He can move to a better team in 2 years time. He will make money with time.
He should not allow himself to be used as a pawn by Ronaldo.
He needs to even develop himself to be a better player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Subzero047:

Words can't even describe how bad this move will be

All this charade is because ororo is desperate to play in the champions league this season cheesy
The same champions league that ironically,Eneka is trying to say isn't that important..

The all arrangement has been designed to favour Ronaldo alone! They just want to use Osimhen...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2022
Career wise it will not be the best move for him now. Yes Napoli is not a big club per se but it's a big enough that it will give Osimhen the right platform to showcase his ability without undue pressure to absolutely win a title.

Yes money wise it could be good but I think Victor is still young by God's grace more juicy offers will come in the future.

He should just keep his head down and continue to perform.

Samueltemi337:

(1) (2) (3) ... (13507) (13508) (13509) (13510) (13511) (13512) (13513) ... (16151) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: humility33(m), Mujtahida, DrYa, gamaliel9, soetanoreoluwa(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.