Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13570) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11696255 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13567) (13568) (13569) (13570) (13571) (13572) (13573) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2022
fabyom:
Not when he just missed a penalty. He made the best decision. Without the penalty miss, he wouldn't have passed.

That's even more reason to take the chance. The character to perform right after failure is part of being a top level professional.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:53am On Sep 08, 2022
Omo osimhen terrorize Liverpool for 41 minutes sha ,you won’t even think of the pk he missed

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:58am On Sep 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Omo osimhen terrorize Liverpool for 41 minutes sha ,you won’t even think of the pk he missed
he was a handful for van dirk and Gomes.

He is that type of #9 highly needed at Manchester United. Bobo na pressing machine which immerse aggression and pace

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:14am On Sep 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
he was a handful for van dirk and Gomes.

He is that type of #9 highly needed at Manchester United. Bobo na pressing machine which immerse aggression and pace

Vvd struggled ,Gomez is an ekuke as usual

Lol ,una get the money ,make una go all out for an next season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 2:14am On Sep 08, 2022
Forget about Osimehn anger/temper issue, the guy is actually a loving person. Dude is always showing love to his fans, journalists etc

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:45am On Sep 08, 2022
BannedLarge:
Forget about Osimehn anger/temper issue, the guy is actually a loving person. Dude is always showing love to his fans, journalists etc

But he didn’t show love to you when he refused to score against Ghana so you can win your betting ,now you have lost your land located at mbaise

Osimhen is not a good person

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:42am On Sep 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Anguissa having a good game says more on Liverpool than him.

Zambo is one of the more lackadaisical DMs this season. Very unprotective of his defence.

Anguissa is best a box-box.

Very apt
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:43am On Sep 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
sure he will, Brugge will afford him the platform to improve his game which will attract bigger clubs in better leagues

I thought you wanted him at AC Milan grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:45am On Sep 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:
Make we learn no Dey judge player by the league wey dem purchase them from

Just take a look at that Georgian guy

Nice game Napoli ,I hope Victor injury isn’t that serious

If you want to talk to me talk to me direct stop going through the corners grin

Besides the guy dey ball

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BannedLarge: 3:52am On Sep 08, 2022
andrewbaba44:

But he didn’t show love to you when he refused to score against Ghana so you can win your betting ,now you have lost your land located at mbaise

Osimhen is not a good person

He is a good person but failing to score in 180 minutes vs amartey is unacceptable as a world class player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:44am On Sep 08, 2022
BannedLarge:
see him here outside the stadium taking pictures with police men and security officers https://twitter.com/omaakatugba/status/1567639473520885761?s=46&t=iW7I3pI7_d5_nXP_XnAckw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel10: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2022
Lessons from the Napoli game:

1. Ball-playing CM/DM is the goal. I loved the way Anguissa and Lobotka (I think) controlled the midfield, taking the pressure away from the defenders even with Liverpool forwards pressing them hard.

Anguissa's twists and turns, control and movement were pure class. Ndidi cannot do that. His best move is to receive ball and pass to the nearest man ASAP grin.

Therefore, I think Ndidi should remain a CB for now. There, he can utilize his tackling skills without having to "ball-play".

(2) Osimhen is a good unselfish striker. His pass to Kvara reminded me of his pass to Chukwueze against Sierra Leone with the open net at his mercy. Both were excellent decisions, both were squandered.

Very nice striker, Osimhen. But he should stay away from penalties for now. He simply doesn't know how to take them.

(3) Osimhen functions better in a counter-attacking setup. Sit back and hit on the break. Peseiro, over to you.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

That's even more reason to take the chance. The character to perform right after failure is part of being a top level professional.
It was a tight angle and he had an unmarked teammate in a better position. He did the right thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2022
fabyom:
It was a tight angle and he had an unmarked teammate in a better position. He did the right thing.

Zambo was in a tighter angle and still finished.

There is nothing wrong with passing to an unmarked teammate but sometimes u have to take on the responsibility, especially as a striker.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:32am On Sep 08, 2022
Hmmm looking at your screenshot I think I get your point. He had only the goalkeeper to beat should have been confident in his ability to bury that chance.

Like someone said maybe the penalty miss spooked him so he want to F-up again.

That said I love his selflessness but the needs of the team above his own.

BascoVanVeli:

There is nothing wrong with passing to an unmarked teammate but sometimes u have to take on the responsibility, especially as a striker.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:38am On Sep 08, 2022
Subzero047:

If you want to talk to me talk to me direct stop going through the corners grin

Besides the guy dey ball

Bro na you talk am ?

Trust me I don’t remember you where the one ,even me my self won’t be expecting someone from the Georgian league to do well so it’s normal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:55am On Sep 08, 2022
Curtisaxel10:
Lessons from the Napoli game:

1. Ball-playing CM/DM is the goal. I loved the way Anguissa and Lobotka (I think) controlled the midfield, taking the pressure away from the defenders even with Liverpool forwards pressing them hard.

Anguissa's twists and turns, control and movement were pure class. Ndidi cannot do that. His best move is to receive ball and pass to the nearest man ASAP grin.

Therefore, I think Ndidi should remain a CB for now. There, he can utilize his tackling skills without having to "ball-play".

(2) Osimhen is a good unselfish striker. His pass to Kvara reminded me of his pass to Chukwueze against Sierra Leone with the open net at his mercy. Both were excellent decisions, both were squandered.

Very nice striker, Osimhen. But he should stay away from penalties for now. He simply doesn't know how to take them.

(3) Osimhen functions better in a counter-attacking setup. Sit back and hit on the break. Peseiro, over to you.

His penalty was on target. Alison went the right way so it was Alison's goalkeeping skills that prevented the goal.

Osimhen played a good penalty but shouldn't have picked the same way spot as his teammate.

Osimhen functions in a high chances creating team not a counter attacking team. He starts his runs too early and usually ends up been offside so Osimhen's offside can affect counter attacking teams.

Ndidi causes too many fouls to play CB.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:57am On Sep 08, 2022
According to The Sun, as quoted on Leicestershire Live, Kelechi has 15 goals and 5 assists in his last 25 starts! What sort of manager routinely ignores a player with that kind of record?
Copied

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

Osimhen scored from a similar and tighter position some weeks ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 10:13am On Sep 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

How can you call that a tighter angle, when Anguissa was cutting in on his stronger foot, while Osimhen was cutting onto his left.

Also, more importantly, Anguissa had no one to pass to.

Osimhen had two.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:21am On Sep 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

How can you call that a tighter angle, when Anguissa was cutting in on his stronger foot, while Osimhen was cutting onto his left.

Osimhen had two.
they are all just sentimental and selfish because osimhen decided to lay the pass to kvara which was the safest option for him cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:33am On Sep 08, 2022
It baffles me seeing some folks here saying ndidi is better off as a centre bck than cdm. Not all cdm must be ball players, even in that aspect of the game ndidi is decent.

Ndidi is an out and out cdm same as casimero,tchoumeni,gana,holjberg,bissouma and not a busquet,Carrick,pirlo,Jorginho or even aguissa kind of player

His primary duty on the pitch is to guide the back four which he does superbly. That is what he is built for and can’t offer what he doesn’t hv naturally

With iwobi been converted to a cm by lamps and hv functioned well in that position the ideal thing to do in the national team by jpes is using both in the midfield where the leicester man will start in his natural position while Alex will be deployed as a cm to control and detect play. Maybe alhassan can be deployed as b2b or aribo as a 10 closer to the opponent’s 18 yard box depending on the tactics jpes wants to use

Our cb pairing should be ajayi and bassey, right back aina and left back zaidu

If the team wants to play a back 3 then bassey, ajayi and akpoguma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:50am On Sep 08, 2022
chrisooblog:
Hmmm looking at your screenshot I think I get your point. He had only the goalkeeper to beat should have been confident in his ability to bury that chance.

Like someone said maybe the penalty miss spooked him so he want to F-up again.

That said I love his selflessness but the needs of the team above his own.

And looking at the second picture from another angle, that would had certainly be a goal for Victor, IF, that team mate had return the favour, instead or going for the kill
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
It baffles me seeing some folks here saying ndidi is better off as a centre bck than cdm. Not all cdm must be ball players, even in that aspect of the game ndidi is decent.

Ndidi is an out and out cdm same as casimero,tchoumeni,gana,holjberg,bissouma and not a busquet,Carrick,pirlo,Jorginho or even aguissa kind of player

His primary duty on the pitch is to guide the back four which he does superbly. That is what he is built for and can’t offer what he doesn’t hv naturally

With iwobi been converted to a cm by lamps and hv functioned well in that position the ideal thing to do in the national team by jpes is using both in the midfield where the leicester man will start in his natural position while Alex will be deployed as a cm to control and detect play. Maybe alhassan can be deployed as b2b or aribo as a 10 closer to the opponent’s 18 yard box depending on the tactics jpes wants to use

Our cb pairing should be ajayi and bassey, right back aina and left back zaidu

If the team wants to play a back 3 then bassey, ajayi and akpoguma
Okoye dey post sha. They are coming

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:02am On Sep 08, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:02am On Sep 08, 2022
cheesy
comodo:

Okoye dey post sha. They are coming
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Osimhen had two.

So are u saying Victor should only finish with his right? Make this make sense for me. Then it's not like u are laying it off for them to finish on an open net, the pass had to go a distance and there was already a world class defender close to the situation.

If he had played the pass earlier it would have made sense but once he gets that close to the keeper he should have been finishing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2022
Taiwo Awoniyi bags a degree in Business Management from Buckinghamshire University, Wycombe

Bobo is preparing for life after football. Nice one goal banger

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:07am On Sep 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

From the still picture. It's easier to score from Zambo position than from Osimhen for a Right footer.

Looking at the position of Osi, if he goes for goal, it will take something special to beat Alisson.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:19am On Sep 08, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:35am On Sep 08, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
including Nottingham forest and Bournemouth grin grin abi comerade wink
You know i mean top 4 teams.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2022
do4luv14:

And looking at the second picture from another angle, that would had certainly be a goal for Victor, IF, that team mate had return the favour, instead or going for the kill

In the 2nd picture Osimhen is offside..

(1) (2) (3) ... (13567) (13568) (13569) (13570) (13571) (13572) (13573) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mrwilliams9, zicky(m), comodo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.