Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11660272 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13603) (13604) (13605) (13606) (13607) (13608) (13609) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:43pm On Sep 19, 2022
If the implication of the above arguments is that our only midfielder better than Elneny is Ndidi, then what purpose do we have playing international football?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
Utonwanne:

There's no *Balderdash* in what he said...

Just like Edozie, he will always Choose England and explore other ancestral root(if any). Average Players like Tosin, Billing and Solanke comes to mind.

It's better to be silent so as not to allow people assume you are wise.

You make a proposition that not just nonsensical but essentially a load of codswallop.

Tosin Adarabioyo is according to you is bang average, it's early days but after 7 games Fulham are 6th in the EPL. That success is partly anchored on Tosin the best CB in Fulham.

Now consider your claim, if Tosin is average what for goodness sake is Omeruo and Awaziem in comparison ❓Add to that Balogun,Ekong and Ajayi the Best CB in the world.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Allow 15 year old nwaneri to continue to make arsenal bench till the end of the season first ,he might be sent back to the younger team or continue ,so it’s too early to use it as an example first ,he is a junior team player for now ,use another person do example oga

I have already pointed out my difference with komekn own ,maybe you will tell me Fulham and arsenal shares the same quality of players or if Fulham left back is better than sanusi
Nwaneri was listed in Arsenal premier league squad for the season, so you will see him on the bench often.. They also have another academy graduate on their Europa league squad, a midfielder.. And they still have El-Neny...

E no pass the bench wey Reiss Nelson and Nketiah dey sit on...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2022
Philosopher1979:

Yes they will make the bench and pmay 5 to 10 matches a season.
Ac milan wasvinterested in raphael
And akhassan yusuf has caught the knterest of some notable clubs.
We just don't appreciate them enough. At least they are decent

Interest is not speculation but action.

That action is a value based bid to buy , but nobody did . That's why Alhassan remains in mediocrity in the Eredivise as a anonymous player.

Interest without an active bid to buy is just waffle,wind and fresh air, it means NUTTIN.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

Nwaneri was listed in Arsenal premier league squad for the season, so you will see him on the bench often.. They also have another academy graduate on their Europa league squad, a midfielder.. And they still have El-Neny...

E no pass the bench wey Reiss Nelson and Nketiah dey sit on...

Do you know what it is to even sit on the bench of Arsenal.

The midfield maestro top talent as some delusional ones call him here, Nwakali could not make it to the U18 as a regular.

So don't think it's easy

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

None of them will make it .

How many games have the played in Bundisliga for Tijani and how many games in the Belgium league for Onyedika .

Alhassan had remained in the Eredivise largely anonymous.

Before Arteta and the Arsenal academy gives a 15 years old an opportunity in the EPL you have to be outstanding.

Nwaneri was playing U18 at 14 and was outstanding even then.

What I'm saying is that to get into Arsenal midfield you will have to be real quality not speculative talent and potential.

What a load of horseshit... Onyedika almost signed for AC Milan if not for their failure to agree on a transfer fee...He is playing in the champions league!

Alhassan isn't in the Eredivise! He is in the Belgian league and recently won his club's player of the month...that isn't annoymus...

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
wayodude:
If the implication of the above arguments is that our only midfielder better than Elneny is Ndidi, then what purpose do we have playing international football?

I call it BS... Arsenal's current form is what's making people suddenly remember that their players are good... When they were in their worst form, they were the butt of all sort of jokes on the internet... Somebody like Xhaka that most arsenal fans want out of the club is who they are praising now ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

The midfield maestro top talent as some delusional ones call him here, Nwakali could not make it to the U18 as a regular.

So don't think it's easy

A lot of crappy players have sat on arsenal bench... there's nothing special about it...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
grin grin grin but na your darling daddy rorh be the chairman (CEO) of the association, na him use them play kick and follow then cross any inshallah type of football to the extent wey CAR come jam us for house wink
the grand patron of Carpenters association are the ones that made lose to Tunisia in AFCON,lose to Ghana in WCqualifiers and in CHANQ. They are the founding fathers of carpentry in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

How many games have the played in Bundisliga for Tijani and how many games in the Belgium league for Onyedika .

Before Arteta and the Arsenal academy gives a 15 years old an opportunity in the EPL you have to be outstanding.

What I'm saying is that to get into Arsenal midfield you will have to be real quality not speculative talent and potential.
grin Eredivisie? Anonymous?

Excreting as usual abi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
Odunayaw:
grin Eredivisie? Anonymous?

Excreting as usual abi
Person go just carry 1960 knowledge de run around.

Him go soon tell us say Sadiq de Almeria second division of Spain.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

It's better to be silent so as not to allow people assume you are wise.

You make a proposition that not just nonsensical but essentially a load of codswallop.

Tosin Adarabioyo is according to you is bang average, it's early days but after 7 games Fulham are 6th in the EPL. That success is partly anchored on Tosin the best CB in Fulham.

Now consider your claim, if Tosin is average what for goodness sake is Omeruo and Awaziem in comparison ❓Add to that Balogun,Ekong and Ajayi the Best CB in the world.

Sometimes, You talk a lot of unnecessary sh*ts.

It's awful sight to behold - seeing an educated man in the ocean of False Dilemma every now and then.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nwakali’s match ratings so far this season.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
Joebie:
Nwakali’s match ratings so far this season.
Thanks boss. Could we have similar data for Ramon Azeez, James Igbekeme, Obinna Nwobodo, Azubuike, Kingsley Sokari, Uche Agbo as well. Thank you sir.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 6:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

A lot of crappy players have sat on arsenal bench... there's nothing special about it...
academy player wey him leg no touch ball don beta pass all our midfielders except iwobi. Him no even send onyeka, ndidi and aribo wey dey the same EPL. Him pack all of them join. That guy na confirm character

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:00pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

little break wey queen give you this comerade you don sharply go visit that sapele water woman place near McDonald's for pekham grin grin grin I know say you know go disappoint just tell us how nwaneri dey go buy bread for Tesco for you when you dey visit him father wey una gather dey play jehun jehun football back in the day's cool

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Boys en route to Algeria!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:14pm On Sep 19, 2022
More

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

That action is a value based bid to buy , but nobody did . That's why Alhassan remains in mediocrity in the Eredivise as a anonymous player.

Interest without an active bid to buy is just waffle,wind and fresh air, it means NUTTIN.

Why do you always talk rubbish?

He doesn't play in the Eredivisie, he plays in the Juplier league...before you spout further rubbish, that's the same league from which Belgium (ranked 2nd in the world) has called up SEVEN players to their latest squad. That, by your definition is remaining in mediocrity is it, Mr Southgate of Warri?

He has not been anonymous. He was voted his club's player of the month of August and they are 5 points clear at the top of the league!

That a deal was not completed for his transfer last summer doesn't not mean there was no interest! You said 'interest is not speculation but action' but yet you claim to know how these things work behind the scenes? Smh

Please contribute to the forum if you can but refrain from making derogatory comments on players you clearly don't know about.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by comodo: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

Abeg wetin Alhassan dey find for Eredivisie. Na 2nd time u dey make d same mistake. It mean say u just dey write about a player wey u no even sabi. Another one be say. AC Milan did put a bid for Onyedika. First and Second bids. But him club hol ground. Yes it been happen d time u hid like ostrich because Sadiq dey score goals. On top Sociedad come dey pursue am join. Try dey follow other Naija players. Footie no start and end in England.

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
kingphilip:

Person go just carry 1960 knowledge de run around.

Him go soon tell us say Sadiq de Almeria second division of Spain.
And the Iganmu analyst will be feeling knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:31pm On Sep 19, 2022
cheesy
Odunayaw:
And the Iganmu analyst will be feeling knowledgeable
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
I remember we when they were praising Rohr to high heavens.

I am just glad Aribo won't be wearing a number 10 on GWG running like a headless chicken without producing any result.

Where are my boys Tijani and Amoo ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
komekn:

So don't think it's easy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
IDENNAA:
I remember we when they were praising Rohr to high heavens.

I am just glad Aribo won't be wearing a number 10 on GWG running like a headless chicken without producing any result.

Where are my boys Tijani and Amoo ?
out for the season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2022
Mehn sadiq injury pain me sha

I don already help am score 16 Laliga goals before him score them

I hope he comes back stronger
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:35pm On Sep 19, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There is difference between what me and komekn said but you refuse to spot the difference .

Komekn said sanusi who plays for a top team like Porto wont make the bench of a championship team like Fulham ,while I said onyedika who plays for a top Belgian team wont currently make the bench of arsenal who have quality midfielders better than him .

Sanusi is better than anything Fulham parades

Now ask yourself is onyedika better than what we have at arsenal

Onyedika and co should keep improving as they will make it to a top team starting 11 in the nearest future ,but oga Daniel for now they won’t make arsenal bench and that’s on period .

And yes arsenal signed lokonga from the Belgian league .

Do you know that Napoli top midfielder Anguissa was considered not good enough for Fulham and he went on loan to Napoli. Nonetheless, he meets the needs perfectly for Napoli. That doesn't mean Napoli is not as good as Fulham they just have different player requirements

You may not realize this, but different clubs look for different attributes in players. And I said it then and I will say it now Sanusi was not good enough then and he is still not good enough now.

The type of technically astute as well as physically resilient players that Fulham require, he Sanusi doesn't meet there particular requirements.

Sanusi is fast, but technically astute and intelligent in the context of Fulham a big No.

If Sanusi is so good why has he remained at Porto earning a pittance of £6k a week in football terms.

The current left back for Fulham is Antonee Robinson (Jedi) he has had 29 caps for the USA. In 2020 when playing for Wigan AC Milan put in a bid for £13+ million terms were agreed but Jedi FAILED the medical. Not to long after he went to Fulham the rest is history. He is on a basic salary excluding bonus of £27k a week .

Nigeria is ranked by FIFA at 34 the USA is ranked 14.

The Portuguese league is ranked 6th in Europe and the EPL number 1.

So it's not emotive preference that led me to the conclusion that Jedi is much better in the context of Fulham and it's player requirements.

No doubt Sanusi is a good player but he is not the type of player for Fulham but Jedi is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
comodo:

Abeg wetin Alhassan dey find for Eredivisie. Na 2nd time u dey make d same mistake. It mean say u just dey write about a player wey u no even sabi. Another one be say. AC Milan did put a bid for Onyedika. First and Second bids. But him club hol ground. Yes it been happen d time u hid like ostrich because Sadiq dey score goals. On top Sociedad come dey pursue am join. Try dey follow other Naija players. Footie no start and end in England.

If a club really wants you they will meet the valuation.

However,if they have a different value from your parent club, they will just leave you. They AC Milan didn't value him enough.

Borussia Dortmund payed £25 million for a 16 year old midfielder Jude Billingham from the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Update: Ahmed Musa is Injured: Would he be replaced in the list too??

Meanwhile, Ahmed Musa started but got subbed out after only 19mins in his side's Sivasspor's game away at Ankaragucu in the Turkish Super Lig due to Injury.

The extent of the injury is not known yet and the game is still on with his side currently down 2-1. 58mins played as I type this.

And Ahmed Musa was replaced.
The injury reported does rule him out.

Chukwueze also OUT.

Savior Godwin called UP.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2022
wayodude:

Why do you always talk rubbish?

He doesn't play in the Eredivisie, he plays in the Juplier league...before you spout further rubbish, that's the same league from which Belgium (ranked 2nd in the world) has called up SEVEN players to their latest squad. That, by your definition is remaining in mediocrity is it, Mr Southgate of Warri?

He has not been anonymous. He was voted his club's player of the month of August and they are 5 points clear at the top of the league!

That a deal was not completed for his transfer last summer doesn't not mean there was no interest! You said 'interest is not speculation but action' but yet you claim to know how these things work behind the scenes? Smh

Please contribute to the forum if you can but refrain from making derogatory comments on players you clearly don't know about.

I apologize even with your vitriolic rhetoric.

I did Alhassan a major disservice, I rated him much higher than the league and club he plays for. In a careless error, I attributed his outstanding talent's to the Eredivise.

He actually plays in the Belgium first division the Jupiler Pro League to be exact.

The Jupiler Pro League is rated number 14 in Europe and the Eredivise a whopping 7 places above . To put into perspective the Scottish premier League is ranked more or less on par with English league one, that league is ranked number 9 in Europe.

The Belgium national team squad will have 30+ players in it and 7 have come from the Belgium league, are they the core players of the team. A big resounding No.

My friend you are clutching at straws in desperation to prove what , arrant nonsense.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Utonwanne:

Sometimes, You talk a lot of unnecessary sh*ts.

It's awful sight to behold - seeing an educated man in the ocean of False Dilemma every now and then.

When a man has been stuck in the rancid, putrid, rot and stench of his own brown matter his olfactory system, will be so distorted he can no longer recognize FRESH SWEET SMELLING AIR.

I sympathize with you .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
Midfielder, 20y/o Oche Ochewechi scored today for the 2nd consecutive matchday as his side CD Feirense won 3-2 vs UD Oliveirense in Matchday 7 of the Liga Portugal 2 Sabseg.

'Now has 2 goals in 6 league games (3 starts).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13603) (13604) (13605) (13606) (13607) (13608) (13609) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TradingGod, Marjoribanks, tikristinimi21, TheSuperNerd(m), chrisooblog, DrYa and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.