Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11704721 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13617) (13618) (13619) (13620) (13621) (13622) (13623) ... (16160) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
So the Super Eagles will be in action later today BUT kinda BEHIND CLOSED DOORS apparently. Like no TV Coverage or something.

Will just wait for the 27th then. The main game.
according to owngoal the match is slated for 6pm with a formation that look like a back 3, Ekong Awaziem and Valentine with Okoye in goal, Onyeka and Onyedika in MF, Lookman Ejuke and Taiwo in attack with Duru and Aina on the flanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:10pm On Sep 23, 2022
BascoVanVeli:
embarassed

We are all involved in this home must win thing ooo. Every club has received favourable officiating on their home ground.

I was told Vandrezzar will take over the new stadium in Eket but I doubt anyone will sell them a slot this season. If anyone wanted to sell Kano Pillars would have bought it already.

Vandrezzar moved from Akwa ibom to Lagos and now planning to move back to Akwa ibom...Doesn't make much sense.. They can flourish in Eket too,maybe make the town their fortress like Enyimba is to the city of Aba.. Just that Lagos has the bigger market...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
Revealed – Super Eagles Lineup For Today’s Friendly Game Against Algeria, Okoye Returns, Duru Starts

Owngoalnigeria Sep 23, 2022 2:48 PM

The senior national team of Nigeria will today play one of the two friendly games they will play against Algeria during the course of the international break.

Later today around 6pm Nigerian time, the team will play the B team of Algeria largely made up of players picked from league teams in Algeria. They are using the game to test their readiness for the CHAN tournament which they will host.

OwnGoalNigeria.com gathered that the game won’t be on any television as it is a test game and not a recognized friendly game. The other game on the 27th is the game that will be on television and also open to all.

The game will see as many as seven players who have not played under the new coach Jose Peseiro play their first game. Below is how the coach has decided to line up his players for the game.

Lineup.

Maduka Okoye
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Valentine Ozornwafor
Ola Aina
Ebube Duru
Frank Onyeka
Raphael Onyedika
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman
Taiwo Awoniyi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
Yep. Used to talk up Onyeka during his Danish Experiences but further observation of the lad really showed me why Brentford indeed made a move for him. They went for him because he is a pressing machine.

The lad is an energy tank. Technically deficient but physically imposing. A Workrate/pressing lord, defensively assertive but ball-playingly underpar.

I saw signs of these in Denmark but I wanted to see if they repeat in the EPL and in the SE and they did. It is so obvious Onyeka is just a workrate merchant.

As for Onyedika, it is easy to see how calm and composed he is on the ball right from during his time at Fredericia in the Danish 2nd tier, his only full senior season at FCM and now at Club Brugge in his early days at the club. Onyedika looks a much better midfield prospect than Onyeka and he will prove it. Just sad that we won't watch today's game to begin assessing his showings in the GWG..

As for Jamiu, his time will come to be properly assessed.

Same for Ugboh the GK who is now 3rd choice at FCM.

So for now, of the lots, based on my own careful and unbiased observations, Onyeka is the bang average one. He won't improve beyond what we have seen. It is obvious.

jihday:
because only Onyeka have played for the SE, I hope Onyedika will turn out different tho seeing how owngoal have described his camp performances

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
jihday:
don’t expect anything from government owned program in Nigeria

Seriously... Just like our entertainment and ICT sector, football needs to be managed more by the private sector... Music for example is a money spinning venture and it's thriving in Nigeria.. Football is the same but it isn't really thriving here..we are just doing manage manage...

Most of these state owned clubs are being run like other government owned institutions and their players treated like civil servants..
Recently I saw some transfer report of players joining foreign teams on free transfer from the NPFL..The comments under the posts claimed that most of the players signed one year contracts with the NPFL teams because of the many uncertainty surrounding players welfare in the league...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:15pm On Sep 23, 2022
Barryseal:

I like Vandrezzar. They understand what packaging means. If allowed, they look like a team who can invest heavily in facilities.
I saw Asisat Oshoala's academy, their gym and training facilities looked impressive.
Back to Remo, I am more concerned about what they are doing in their academy. With time, they will dominate Nigerian football. Their U17s battered teams in the last NPFL u17 competition.
I wish we can have a fully developed Junior league. That's what the Nigerian Amateur league was meant for but it has been run-down with corruption. Games at that level is openly sold to the highest bidder. Transactions are done in the open at that level.

Our government don't fully understand how much football and indeed sport can contribute to our economy..Our government generally don't care about anything except the ones that will bring quick money to their pockets... It's pathetic....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2022
Onyeka average but in the epl

Nwakali world class but in laliga 2

This life no balance at all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2022
If this is the lineup, as OGN are usually right on lineups at least, then it is nice to see Iwobi is rested for this game abeg from the start. Perhaps he might still feature for a few mins.

We need him fresh from the start in the main one on Tuesday.

And DZ Foot Algeria said 5.30pm for today's game in Constantine.

jihday:
according to owngoal the match is slated for 6pm with a formation that look like a back 3, Ekong Awaziem and Valentine with Okoye in goal, Onyeka and Onyedika in MF, Lookman Ejuke and Taiwo in attack with Duru and Aina on the flanks

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
solonnachi:
Revealed – Super Eagles Lineup For Today’s Friendly Game Against Algeria, Okoye Returns, Duru Starts

The senior national team of Nigeria will today play one of the two friendly games they will play against Algeria during the course of the international break.

Later today around 6pm Nigerian time, the team will play the B team of Algeria largely made up of players picked from league teams in Algeria. They are using the game to test their readiness for the CHAN tournament which they will host.

OwnGoalNigeria.com gathered that the game won’t be on any television as it is a test game and not a recognized friendly game. The other game on the 27th is the game that will be on television and also open to all.

The game will see as many as seven players who have not played under the new coach Jose Peseiro play their first game. Below is how the coach has decided to line up his players for the game.

Lineup.

Maduka Okoye
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Valentine Ozornwafor
Ola Aina
Ebube Duru
Frank Onyeka
Raphael Onyedika
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman
Taiwo Awoniyi

2 midyjjland academy graduates starting grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
2 midyjjland academy graduates starting grin

Is this formation 5-3-2 or 3-5-2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
fabyom:
Alhassan will flop in Super Eagles. I have watched him play. I don't see him fit the profile of a National team player. However, Nwakali will excel in JP system. He is the type of DM/CM he needs. Can pass, shoot and dribble. I would have loved to see Nwakali and Iwobi's midfield 2 against Algeria.

As per Guru Maharaja abi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:37pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Yep Churchill Oliseh has connections especially with FC Midtjylland. They are even into an official partnership. FC Ebedei is like one of their feeder academies on the African continent, in Nigeria.

Sustaining an Academy is really not moi moi.

True but football business is getting bigger everyday. I think Oshimen is the most expensive Nigerian to Europe transfer at €3Million. I'm not sure but Macauley Chrisantus transfered to Europe at similar fee as well.
Imagine if Remo Stars can produce and sell one player every year at that amount with a 10% sell on clause. The ROI can cover the cost of their stadium from one player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2022
jihday:
don’t expect anything from government owned program in Nigeria
Was it government owned? I thought the ex governor Bukayo Saraki was the owner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
What's Cameron going to do in Qatar when they can't beat Uzbekistan cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2022
hatakekakashi:
What's Cameron going to do in Qatar when they can't beat Uzbekistan cheesy

Going to sign Register, same with ghana

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Agreed. Except I will modify this line.....

"Except it’s a World Cup year then they MIGHT MAKE an exception."

Might because it still boils down to whether they wanna take their chances with the English in a WC year or with us. Finito.

That's the gospel reality.

They’ll jump at the opportunity to play for us my bro except they got time (eg eze and the likes) but those above 25-27 will play for any African country of their origin with speed of given the chance, take inaki Williams for example if he was 20-22 he won’t even consider Ghana on his radar self. Just look at his younger brother he got time so he won’t even look at Ghana for now, but once age bleeps him up or he knows that he has zero shot at Spain he’ll fall back to Africa
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
solonnachi:

Lineup.

Maduka Okoye
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Valentine Ozornwafor
Ola Aina
Ebube Duru
Frank Onyeka
Raphael Onyedika
Chidera Ejuke
Ademola Lookman
Taiwo Awoniyi

Thank god no more usual suspects in the starting 11
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
So the Super Eagles will be in action later today BUT kinda BEHIND CLOSED DOORS apparently. Like no TV Coverage or something.

Will just wait for the 27th then. The main game.

This is sad na i no they take super eagles match play
Well I go use Brazil hold body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2022
No it won't be recognized by FIFA. Just a practice game behind closed doors.

Samueltemi337:
But will this match today be an official game
will it affect our FIFA Ranking?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2022
Player Comparison
Etebo 20/21 (Rating 6.80) vs Alhassan 21/22 (Rating 6.89)

jihday:
boss, can you compare Etebo’s season at galatasary vs alhassan 21/22 in Belgium then Ndidi last full season in Belgium against Onyedika’s 21/22. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:41pm On Sep 23, 2022
@ Jihday
Player Comparison
Etebo 20/21 (Rating 6.80) vs Alhassan 21/22 (Rating 6.89)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fotosify: 5:49pm On Sep 23, 2022
Any link to stream the game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2022
Fotosify:
Any link to stream the game?
I don't think you'll find any... it's an unofficial game..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magnoliaa(f): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
And, How could I forget?

Another moniker who has also been called an alt of TheSupernerd is EMMY450. grin

He was immediately inducted into the "TheSuperNerd 100 Alts Club."

Ironic because the moniker actually asslicks the very one who accused him of such. grin

Haven't read any more accusations towards that moniker because the fat beggar fool now sees that is actually one of his many gullible disciples. Ehyeeaaa. Missed target just like all the others listed below.

How more stupid can Stupidity be? cheesy

SMH.

grin grin

Dude is such a comic relief. It's both silly and hilarious at the same time. Like, why was he addressing the Emmy dude *as if* he's a different person?

Hopefully, the rest of us will make it out of that list soon, lol- but maybe, probably not* me, because I no dey stay one place and I'm always hovering here, quoting you.

God abeg o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
Emmy450:
grin grin
vawuleeeeence for life! cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:00pm On Sep 23, 2022
Danielnino00:

Im afraid the Nigerian football league system may not allow Remo Stars to hit the heights they are capable of. Things such as poor officiating, home win syndrome, fans violence, lack of sponsorship deals and no TV view in the league are a threat... But their academy could return a lot of investment for them if they run it right..

Another club that's making impact is Vandrezzar FC.. Though unlike Remo,they don't have their own stadium yet and I don't think they have an academy too.. They should try and buy the slot of one of these NPFL clubs..

Please Dani, help me with the bolded. I no understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
Utonwanne:

Please Dani, help me with the bolded. I no understand

Teams that are in the NPFL are allowed to sell their slots to other teams outside the NPFL. I don't know what are the criteria the buying teams have to meet sha..But it happens .. In 2019, Delta force bought the slot of Kada in the NPFL, not long after that,they sold the same slot to Kwara United who had gotten relegated the season before..
E be things cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Onyeka average but in the epl

Nwakali world class but in laliga 2

This life no balance at all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

It's VERY possible. I have seen better players in lower leagues/teams

I'm not Nwakali's fan tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2022
Magnoliaa:

grin grin

Dude is such a comic relief. It's both silly and hilarious at the same time. Like, why was he addressing the Emmy dude *as if* he's a different person?

Hopefully, the rest of us will make it out of that list soon, lol- but maybe probably not for me, because I no dey stay one place and I'm always hovering here, quoting you.

God abeg o.
this very monicker that isn’t a football fan but raises its head whenever there is sign of vawulence in here cheesy

Issorite!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2022
Utonwanne:

It's VERY possible. I have seen better players in lower leagues/teams

I'm not Nwakali's fan tho
eyah, it’s that so?

Na em be say tru tru this life no balance cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2022
Lookman scores
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Magnoliaa(f): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2022
charlesemeka85:
this very monicker that isn’t a football fan but raises its head whenever there is sign of vawulence in here cheesy

Issorite!

Please, take your L in peace or have enough shame to jump and pass my moniker.

Was this not how you were insinuating that EMMY450 was TheSuperNerd's alt?

It's embarrassing- and I say this in all honesty.

You now turning around and kikiing with Emmy, laughing and shit as if...ugh. Did you suddenly become amnesiac or something?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13617) (13618) (13619) (13620) (13621) (13622) (13623) ... (16160) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ddone, justvictor57(m), Marjoribanks, shawwal1(m), Philosopher1979 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.