Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:47 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12458485 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13628) (13629) (13630) (13631) (13632) (13633) (13634) ... (16692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2022
IDENNAA:
Maduka never inspired confidence. As long as they are foreign born we immediately put them on a pedestal...shikena. then drag our home grown talents through the mud.

Home grown Against Mexico cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2022
mostob:
how was his performance?

The way they rate nwakali you’ll think he’s carrying his team on his back

Like that guy na wash

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2022
Spain's midfield is so good, Rodri has to sit on the bench. Their attack, so poor they started Torres and Asensio upfront. Now they had 70% possession and 0 shot for 45 minutes. Tiki-taka and Insha Allahcheesy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
typicalgamer:

Like that guy na wash
cheesy you watch the game? Talk wetin u knw cus my hand no dey ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2022
cheesy
hatakekakashi:
Spain's midfield is so good, Rodri has to sit on the bench. Their attack, so poor they started Torres and Asensio upfront. Now they had 70% possession and 0 shot for 45 minutes. Tiki-taka and Insha Allahcheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
typicalgamer:

Like that guy na wash
hmmm someone that hv been tipped to pair with iwobi in midfield to destroy defenses with killer passes?

U no sabi ball at all cheesy

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 8:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
cheesy you watch the game? Talk wetin u knw cus my hand no dey ooo

Nwakali go play liga segunda for 600 years grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:01pm On Sep 24, 2022
typicalgamer:

Nwakali go play liga segunda for 600 years grin grin grin grin
how dare you speak such taboo from your mouth? shocked

This is sacrilege!

You need to appease the land with 7 native cows unless you will face the wrath of the gods cheesy

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2022
cheesy
hatakekakashi:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:40pm On Sep 24, 2022
hatakekakashi:

Imagine if Christiano was from Spain
The kind service when xavi and iniesta go give am enh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Niklaus398: 10:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So because the coach won the euros then he shook g be sacked ,he might have won the euros but it was an ugly win which depended on luck

This is the same Portugal that almost missed out at the World Cup and couldn’t beat Serbia ,oga they need to sack their coach unless you might just see same Portugal you saw at the euros

You mentioned all these players and you didn’t mention Ronaldo that only steps up against Luxembourg and co ?

To me the players are okay ,but the coach na wack
Ronaldo only steps up against Luxembourg? Ard u kidding me?. Ronaldo against Spain. Portugal could have qualified since if they weren't cheated..( ronaldo clear goal not given). Ronaldo stepup and was the one that took them all the way to Euros final, unfair he couldn't finish the match.. check all the top teams Portugal has played and scored .80% of the goals was contributed by Ronaldo.
That's stepping up.

And yes I do believe they should let the coach go but I also think they are not really playing that badly...they just need to stepup

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2022
Niklaus398:
Ronaldo only steps up against Luxembourg? Ard u kidding me?. Ronaldo against Spain. Portugal could have qualified since if they weren't cheated..( ronaldo clear goal not given). Ronaldo stepup and was the one that took them all the way to Euros final, unfair he couldn't finish the match.. check all the top teams Portugal has played and scored .80% of the goals was contributed by Ronaldo.
That's stepping up.

And yes I do believe they should let the coach go but I also think they are not really playing that badly...they just need to stepup

I Dey talk currently and you Dey talk of Ronaldo against Spain for World Cup grin

Ronaldo step up that made them draw 3 group stage games ,or you want me to remind you on how he ghosted in the finals against France before being injured and taken off cheesy cheesy

Where was Ronaldo against Serbia ,dem Dey luck say Italy na mugu grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2022
Niklaus398:
You will u sack a coach that gave you two trophies against top teams?.
The coach is doing well. The players just have to step up. For instance Benaldo silva isn't playing to the capacity which he plays for city.
Bruno is not that efficient for Portugal as he is for United (when he is inform)...
Jota, that one na only God go help m with the chances he misses.
Dias, that one have never seen a spectacular game of him in Portugal team. When playing for city he go want kill himself but for Portugal he is almost as useless as Maguire.
Cancelo, that one is in the same league with Silva, not playing to his ability like he does for city.
Loao of ac Milan, that one I can't even describe him in Portugal jersey... absolutely useless.

Neves...smh for that one.
If this players can turn up, I assure u Portugal can even reach the final and win the trophy.

If Portugal gets to that final...they will be winning it. I tell u
do you know they only won 1 game in normal time to win the euros? You listed all these players as underachieving and you think it has nothing to do with the coach?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So because the coach won the euros then he shook g be sacked ,he might have won the euros but it was an ugly win which depended on luck

This is the same Portugal that almost missed out at the World Cup and couldn’t beat Serbia ,oga they need to sack their coach unless you might just see same Portugal you saw at the euros

You mentioned all these players and you didn’t mention Ronaldo that only steps up against Luxembourg and co ?

To me the players are okay ,but the coach na wack
that Portugal coach and SouthGate them no sabi anything
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2022
Subzero047:
The funniest thing I've seen is people underatting Nunez, that guy is a machine like Haaland
nobody is underrating him, he’s the one underperforming

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:23pm On Sep 24, 2022
zoboizee:
I wonder why a player like Obinna Nwobodo with all his talent & utility in midfield is never considered good enough for the national team of Nigeria. It baffles me whenever i see our national team handlers giving call ups to less talented players. I mean names like bonke, micheal, onovo, etc to the team. Nwobodo is by far the most talented & cerebral midfielder i have seen from the Nigerian league to overseas in recent time. Team selection in Nigeria is just not fair.
who is Michael? Who is Onovo? But Bonke plays in a top European league if Nwobodo is that good he should make the necessary move too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:27pm On Sep 24, 2022
Mujtahida:

Mbappe is an athlete. All the players you mentioned except Neymar are players for the new mould of football - run, sprint and pass

I'm talking Baggio, Maradona, Ronaldo de Lima, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Bergkamp, you dey talk of Pepe.

Max is 11 years old.

I showed him clips of Ronaldinho, Okocha, Neymar, young CR7 and he's asking me why nobody dribbles like they used to do back in the day.

He hardly enjoys watching football with me these days, he considers it boring, he'd rather watch older football videos on YouTube.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Niklaus398: 10:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
jihday:
do you know they only won 1 game in normal time to win the euros? You listed all these players as underachieving and you think it has nothing to do with the coach?
Coach might be a problem but they take the bigger blame.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
jihday:
that Portugal coach and SouthGate them no sabi anything

Walai

Portugal have one of the best squad in the world ,if not the best self

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Niklaus398: 10:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

I Dey talk currently and you Dey talk of Ronaldo against Spain for World Cup grin

Ronaldo step up that made them draw 3 group stage games ,or you want me to remind you on how he ghosted in the finals against France before being injured and taken off cheesy cheesy

Where was Ronaldo against Serbia ,dem Dey luck say Italy na mugu grin
hahahahaha serious? After they were cheated off their goal?.

Who no dey draw game?
How can someone ghoastes against Frances when he played last than 20 minutes?
Hate no go kill u.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:55pm On Sep 24, 2022
zoboizee:
I wonder why a player like Obinna Nwobodo with all his talent & utility in midfield is never considered good enough for the national team of Nigeria. It baffles me whenever i see our national team handlers giving call ups to less talented players. I mean names like bonke, micheal, onovo, etc to the team. Nwobodo is by far the most talented & cerebral midfielder i have seen from the Nigerian league to overseas in recent time. Team selection in Nigeria is just not fair.
this talent and special skill set wey coaches for europe no Dey see but una sabi pass all of them

Nwobodo if he is too good what is he doing in the mls at his peak? cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2022
jihday:
nobody is underrating him, he’s the one underperforming
I believe nunez will come good just that the expectation because of the price tag is way too much for the lad to handle

Also liverpool with their style of football don’t encourage nor feed their #9 enough to score. They create goals more from the flanks the reason why salah and mane were finishing with double digits every season in the past

Kloop loves having runners with agility and grit in the middle than creators. He tried correcting that by bringing in thiago but he can’t do it alone at the same time he’s injury prone

Kloop hv been found out by coaches in europe and epl. If your team can stop arnord and Robertson from weeping in crosses then their chances of scoring will be limited

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:06pm On Sep 24, 2022
elunico:

Max is 11 years old.

I showed him clips of Ronaldinho, Okocha, Neymar, young CR7 and he's asking me why nobody dribbles like they used to do back in the day.

He hardly enjoys watching football with me these days, he considers it boring, he'd rather watch older football videos on YouTube.
football nowadays is too boring and robotic. The game is losing its spark gradually. Even highly skilled players with less work rate aren’t appreciated anymore unlike years back

I said it some time ago here that the likes of jay jay,ronaldinho,zizou, del pierro, baggio, landrup etc would hv been frowned at by coaches of this generation if they were still active

The same reason why the typical number 10 role is fading away. What is applicable in the modern game is the CAM role where playmakers are deployed to drop deeper and help in the CM position on the pitch unlike before when they were given the free will to roam around with less defensive work expected from them

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2022
Niklaus398:
hahahahaha serious? After they were cheated off their goal?.

Who no dey draw game?
How can someone ghoastes against Frances when he played last than 20 minutes?
Hate no go kill u.

Na you get hate

You are here dissing all Portugal but you had to exclude Ronaldo

Why did Ronaldo ghost against Serbia when they needed an automatic spot to qualify for the World Cup ?

Be there talking about a dissallowed goal since you don’t know what to say

A typical pendu fan boy dissing Portugal squad but excluding his man Ronaldo cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23pm On Sep 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Na you get hate

You are here dissing all Portugal but you had to exclude Ronaldo

Why did Ronaldo ghost against Serbia when they needed an automatic spot to qualify for the World Cup ?

Be there talking about a dissallowed goal since you don’t know what to say

A typical pendu fan boy dissing Portugal squad but excluding his man Ronaldo cheesy
cheesy
Wetin Cr7 do you?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:25pm On Sep 24, 2022
Troost Ekong injured, leaves super eagles camp
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2022
Alhassan Yusuf after 9 round of matches in the Jupiler League:
1. 2nd best in interceptions per game
2. 31st (joint) tackles per game
3. 12th joint successful dribbles per game
4. 31st accurate passes per game

Modified:
Royal Antwerp on top of the log.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
cheesy
Wetin Cr7 do you?

Nothing baba

He was speaking about all Portugal players that hasn’t been turning up and excluded cr7 ,me I don’t even see any problem with the players ,their coach no be am .

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2022
The real maestro!

My guy “licha the butcher” suppose make the list na sad

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:35pm On Sep 24, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nothing baba

He was speaking about all Portugal players that hasn’t been turning up and excluded cr7 ,me I don’t even see any problem with the players ,their coach no be am .

yes you re right. I believe they will let the coach leave after the World Cup. But Portugal get good squad depth ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:37pm On Sep 24, 2022
Joebie:
Alhassan Yusuf after 9 round of matches in the Jupiler League:
1. 2nd best in interceptions per game
2. 31st (joint) tackles per game
3. 12th joint successful dribbles per game
4. 31st accurate passes per game

Modified:
Royal Antwerp on top of the log.
stats that implies he is a top prospect and I believe a lot of clubs are watching him closely this season

I still predict that a move to the French ligue 1 will happen next summer and it may be Lille or Monaco

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2022
charlesemeka85:
yes you re right. I believe they will let the coach leave after the World Cup. But Portugal get good squad depth ooo

Man is not tactically good ,playing 52 year old pepe as CB or playing carpenter Danilo as a CB

Well let’s see how it goes at the World Cup ,the coach is just living off euros and nations league tax

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13628) (13629) (13630) (13631) (13632) (13633) (13634) ... (16692) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Philosopher1979, dankorode(m), Provalker, Suzzytee05(f) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.