Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13782) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11679758 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13779) (13780) (13781) (13782) (13783) (13784) (13785) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:56pm On Nov 07, 2022
codemaniacs:

Nwakali is more than good enough.. if he is doing good it's because he is good..

If Spain 2nd division is poor then why is England relegated from nations league group A

Spain is in the semi-final

Stop saying rubbish...

What is he doing good , he has been rejected with terminated contractd in every club he had been until he found a place in Segundo division with the almost bankrupt Ponferradina FC.

The team has played 15 games and had won only 5 games they are in the relegation zone going down.

What is he doing so good that his team have only been able to win 5 games out of 15.

Nwakali struggled to get into Porto B and Huesca tried to terminate his contract early and get rid of him. Why because he was too good.

Incidentally Huesca are number 7 in the league and Ponferradina is s 18.

Nwakali has found his level after near 8 years in Europe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:04am On Nov 08, 2022
komekn:

But in all these cases they were outstanding in the league.

Nunez was a teenage prodigy that had not played a season of first team football in his home country Uruguay.

Comes to the moi moi Segunda division as essentially a youth players and is joint 4th in first season. The rest is history.

Sadiq had played 7 seasons of football in Europe and found the Segunda division the perfect anchorage to move forward with limited quality.

Nwakali is not outstanding in the league, some people here give him accolades the minute he wears his team jersey. He is just making up numbers and hasvbeen for the past seven years in Europe.
This season might just be Nwakali's perfect Anchorage too, right? You made valid points about Nunez, but the Sadiq example gives Nwakali hope too. And according to the stats that Joebie has been churning out, it appears Nwakali has been an outstanding CM in the segunda this season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:46am On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Where Emem dey now?

He's with Chidozie Awaziem at Hajduk

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:13am On Nov 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

But they are taking it to the extreme...

Why's CAF even allowing Libya to host games again?

They have been hosting matches for a while. Enyimba got knocked out last season cos they didn't play an away leg in Libya.
The question is why would you give them an excuse to get upset when you know there is a second leg to be played? Rivers management gave the Libyan fans something to rally around.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Haywhy1002: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
Unrelated topic, Firmino misses out of Brazil WC team. Personally I would take Firmino over Richarlison or Martinelli. Just a personal opinion.

Also Brazil is taking just 6 midfielders to the WC from a 26 man squad. Using that, I would say if we have a 23 man squad for us for example, there should be about 5 midfielders invited for us, not three as we sometimes do. Anyways am tempted to stroke controversy too and advocate for an Nwakali invitation, Ndidi, Iwobi, Aribo. Onyedika, Nwakali. Tough call to drop Onyeka for me, my reasoning is that Ndidi. Onyedika and Onyeka offer almost similar attributes and no point having 3 players with the same skillset. These are all my opinions o

Meanwhile with Aribo's coach now fired, let's see what that bodes for Ayo.
Firminho is competing with Gabriel Jesus and Richarlison for a place in the squad and not Martinelli.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:51am On Nov 08, 2022
BascoVanVeli:

We did the same grin Rivers didn't allow them broadcast the game and they promised get back

I hate to say this, But you are saying nonsense,
They ones they had been doing since is what,

Even the dribbles they dribbled Enyimba, that makes the Aba side to Arrive late is what,

Rivers Should sue the private Firm for turning off the lights, and should complain to CAF,

And I think it's Time we fans of West African Club side started Complaining en -mass to both CAF and FIFA, this Rubbish had got to Stop

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2022
I'm hearing Shehu made the list against Portugal

what exactly is Shehu doing in that list when we have ebuehi

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2022
fulani oligarchy cheesy

of late i don dey lose interest for super eagles i swear

Samueltemi337:

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:35am On Nov 08, 2022
do4luv14:

I hate to say this, But you are saying nonsense,
They ones they had been doing since is what,

Even the dribbles they dribbled Enyimba, that makes the Aba side to Arrive late is what,

Rivers Should sue the private Firm for turning off the lights, and should complain to CAF,

And I think it's Time we fans of West African Club side started Complaining en -mass to both CAF and FIFA, this Rubbish had got to Stop

U say I am talking nonsense then follow up by talking absolute nonsense. When last did u hear of Al Nasr Benghazi to know how long they have been doing something Why is Plateau not getting the same treatment in the same country

Enyimba refused to go to Libya, how is that getting dribbled? The date was announced and they made no plans for the trip. Instead they filled a complaint that was rejected.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:54am On Nov 08, 2022
Samueltemi337:

What difference will both shehu and ebuehi personnel can make?

Dey re just dere to make up d numbers.anybody dt is called up is fine by me

Aside dis three players,osimhen,iwobi den maybe ndidi ,any oda player called up can do any oda persons job conveniently wout been missed..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:11am On Nov 08, 2022
Haywhy1002:
Firminho is competing with Gabriel Jesus and Richarlison for a place in the squad and not Martinelli.
The 3 were at the last copa America together and at least Martinelli wasn't.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:14am On Nov 08, 2022
Papi85:
fulani oligarchy cheesy

of late i don dey lose interest for super eagles i swear

Is Alhassan from Ibadan?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:25am On Nov 08, 2022
elyte89:

Aside dis three players,osimhen,iwobi den maybe ndidi ,any oda player called up can do any oda persons job conveniently wout been missed..
Aina is injured

so he won't be missed?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Haywhy1002: 11:42am On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

The 3 were at the last copa America together and at least Martinelli wasn't.
That doesn't mean. Their current form is what matters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

This season might just be Nwakali's perfect Anchorage too, right? You made valid points about Nunez, but the Sadiq example gives Nwakali hope too. And according to the stats that Joebie has been churning out, it appears Nwakali has been an outstanding CM in the segunda this season.

Stats have to be seen in context of the quality you are playing against.

Segundo division is poor, Villarreal B essentially the team is number 13 in the league . This is a team that narrowly beat Wolves U21 2-1 not too long ago.

No EPL U21 team can beat a Championship team. Liverpool U21 played Wolves and beat them 5-0. Thats a big gulf.

Liverpool U21 were beaten 3-2 by Accrington Stanley in English League one. No U21 EPL side has managed to beat a league one side. The larger majority of EPL U21 sides will get flogged by league two and some non league teams. Thats the context.

In this regard stats have to be looked upon in the context of the quality of players and teams.

Would you then say because someone has extraordinary outstanding stats in the NPFL they should be drafted into the SE. ❓I very much doubt .

Players go from Academy football to top teams both in the championship and EPL U21.

Rhian Brewster from Liverpool FC to Sheffield United for £23milon. Chukwuemeka Carney from Villa to Chelsea at 18 years old to Chelsea. Harvey Elliott from Fulham to Liverpool FC.

Ponferradina FC is in the relegation zone if a team is performing the players take the accolades for performing. When a team is failing so also do the players take the blame.

Ponferradina FC has played 15 games and only been able to win 4 thats very poor. They look like candidates for relegation. And you want to say in that set up Nwakali is a baller.

Be realistic and stop jumping on the over hype bandwagon.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2022
elyte89:

How can Shehu make that list ,there is something dramatically wrong with our NFF.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
komekn:

Stats have to be seen in context of the quality you are playing against.

Segundo division is poor, Villarreal B essentially the team is number 13 in the league . This is a team that narrowly beat Wolves U21 2-1 not too long ago.

No EPL U21 team can beat a Championship team. Liverpool U21 played Wolves and beat them 5-0. Thats a big gulf.

Liverpool U21 were beaten 3-2 by Accrington Stanley in English League one. No U21 EPL side has managed to beat a league one side. The larger majority of EPL U21 sides will get flogged by league two and some non league teams. Thats the context.

In this regard stats have to be looked upon in the context of the quality of players and teams.

Would you then say because someone has extraordinary outstanding stats in the NPFL they should be drafted into the SE. ❓I very much doubt .

Players go from Academy football to top teams both in the championship and EPL U21.

Rhian Brewster from Liverpool FC to Sheffield United for £23milon. Chukwuemeka Carney from Villa to Chelsea at 18 years old to Chelsea. Harvey Elliott from Fulham to Liverpool FC.

Ponferradina FC is in the relegation zone if a team is performing the players take the accolades for performing. When a team is failing so also do the players take the blame.

Ponferradina FC has played 15 games and only been able to win 4 thats very poor. They look like candidates for relegation. And you want to say in that set up Nwakali is a baller.

Be realistic and stop jumping on the over hype bandwagon.

Valid points sir. All said and done, my opinion remains my opinion. Thank you again!!!!

As far as I am concerned, if Nwakali continues playing week in week out in the segunda where he is, I would WISH for him to be given an invite. All I can have is a wish anyway, neither you nor I decide who gets an invite.

Btw, looks like Awoniyi and Dennis should start prepping for the championship. Dennis once wiggled his way out but this time with his limited appearances am not seeing a way out for him. Also Forest are really patient with their coach, at this time, some other teams would have fired their manager now. Maybe a new manager might go a different way and it could be to Dennis' advantage or disadvantage.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2022
Samueltemi337:

Ebeuhi just recuperate from injury. He excused himself. Shehu invite is well deserved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
Haywhy1002:
That doesn't mean. Their current form is what matters.
Oh ok, it's now current form. Firmino's form isn't bad right now, Richarlison has been out injured, not a lot of appearances for Spurs, plays second fiddle to Kulushevski and Son, 9 appearances, 0 goals this season, 0 assists both in the EPL, Firmino 12 games, 6 goals, 3 assists in EPL. So who is more in form?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
fabyom:
Ebeuhi just recuperate from injury. He excused himself. Shehu invite is well deserved.
Could you help me understand sir how the invite is well deserved, I ask politely sir for my education.

Meanwhile the cost Rica game is on Thursday o, are we even at the venue? Not hearing anything about the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2022
Why weren't players based in the US not invited for the Costa Rica friendly, players like Nwobodo, Igbekeme. They are based in the US anyways. Just me wondering out aloud.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
fabyom:
Ebuehi played really well in Empoli's last match

and he is likely to start against Napoli today

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

shey u Dey whine me ni eeeeehh shey u Dey whine obarise cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:56pm On Nov 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Is Alhassan from Ibadan?
alhassan is a rookie who is yet to make connections in high places in nigerian football circle

Once he dash few oga at the top money couple of times he will become a mainstay in the super eagles set up cheesy

We all know how these things work in 9ja

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:02pm On Nov 08, 2022
fabyom:

Where did Ebuehi excuse himself and how come Shehu's invitation is well deserved?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
shey u Dey whine me ni eeeeehh shey u Dey whine obarise cheesy
You and I are not God now, we don't know tomorrow, but if he does well, how does that even affect you negatively?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 3:07pm On Nov 08, 2022
africans and religion cheesy
AndSunGorilla:

You and I are not God now, we don't know tomorrow, but if he does well, how does that even affect you negatively?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
charlesemeka85:
alhassan is a rookie who is yet to make connections in high places in nigerian football circle

Once he dash few oga at the top money couple of times he will become a mainstay in the super eagles set up cheesy

We all know how these things work in 9ja
Don't you think this your argument is flawed and dead on arrival?
You choosing the part to suit your agenda.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2022
choose your own path na cheesy

2lola:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2022
2lola:

There is a point in what he said. Why do you think the NFF do interfere in players selection? I mean, the coach show be allowed to choose the players he needed without any interference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:40pm On Nov 08, 2022
Papi85:
africans and religion cheesy
What has religion got to do my response? Ok, said another way, you and I don't know tomorrow abi u know am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
Samueltemi337:

Na zoning slot grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (13779) (13780) (13781) (13782) (13783) (13784) (13785) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: comodo, cromz(m), dijon and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.