Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,756 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13830) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11867212 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13827) (13828) (13829) (13830) (13831) (13832) (13833) ... (16250) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:39am On Nov 18, 2022
I think this should be Emmanuel Dennis's last game for Nigeria. He should be thrown away to rot somewhere else with his arrogance.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:05am On Nov 18, 2022
ChrisKels:
I think this should be Emmanuel Dennis's last game for Nigeria. He should be thrown away to rot somewhere else with his arrogance.

Look at bitter leaf Soup rancourous venom based analysis.

You need redemption.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:19am On Nov 18, 2022
komekn:

You need redemption.

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2022
ChrisKels:
i have not seen any good game that guy has for Nigeria. And his attitude yesterday was irritating
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2022
komekn:

You need redemption.

CharlesEmeka, Elyte etc make una come carry una god off my mention oo grin because if I turn around like a venomous black mamba now follow am up, na una and that little cricket wey always dey beg for my attention go begin shed tears all over the thread for am grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:33am On Nov 18, 2022
zicky:
i have not seen any good game that guy has for Nigeria. And his attitude yesterday was irritating

Honestly, the boy should be thrown out. I have had enough of him already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2022
Even if it might be a flash in the pan performance i still want to see more of onuachu in the starting line up. Our next match will be in March and the season will be getting hotter by that time, in the event that adl still holds osihmen giving an excuse of title challenge, it would be better we start planning our future around moffi and onuachu. Atleast we know that relevant match or not they will always honor our invitations.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:38am On Nov 18, 2022
komekn:

You need redemption.

I know the pains have been so excruciating since the last time I bursted your lies and hypocrisy with jaw dropping reciepts. Cry more kitty.

Say hi to Onyedimma. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:39am On Nov 18, 2022
Amedino99:
Even if it might be a flash in the pan performance i still want to see more of onuachu in the starting line up. Our next match will be in March and the season will be getting hotter by that time, in the event that adl still holds osihmen giving an excuse of title challenge, it would be better we start planning our future around moffi and onuachu. Atleast we know that relevant match or not they will always honor our invitations.

Loved how he handled the balls and his hold up play was awesome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:40am On Nov 18, 2022
ChrisKels:
even overlooking his behavior yesterday, he has not played a match for us that we can point out as even average. Man has been atrocious ever since his debut dropping 4/10 performances every single time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2022
Meliforme:

S.E are very predictable, i mean very predictable, but i must tell you that tonight saw them less predictable and a little more dynamic than what we have known of them. God bless Iwobi. There is a reason i am yet to give up on Peseiro.

What i don't like about him is his non invitation of players that gives him tactical advantage.
Players like Nwakali, Alhassan Yusuf, Chidera Ejuke, Peter Olayinka.

What I like about him is that he doesn't invite mediocre players like Nwakali and unfortunately for Peter Olyinka, in obscure low quality league, when there are far better players.

Alhassan is doing good but he is not a player with guiles and outstanding technical ability that will change our Midfield. Maybe if he goes to a better league he might be better appreciated. I do think he should have been given an invite, if you can invite Nwakali then you MUST DEFINITELY invite Alhassan.

Ejuke is quintessential Nigerian baller, almost too much so, lots of dribbling limited end product.

SURPRISED that Nathan Tella was not invited, he has been absolutely outstanding for Burnley. His confidence level is just astounding, he has improved. I watched him use the small of his back to pass the ball to player in a match. Burnley are top of the Championship have a great manager in Kompany.

He is already a Southampton player EPL player on loan with his value rising each day.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 7:53am On Nov 18, 2022
Ppogbae:
Well, that ends arguably one of our worst years of football.

-Both Super Eagles B and the main team chopping L's left and right
- The gradual decline of our Women's dominance on the African continent
- Failure to secure WC ticket

We need an overhaul in our football infrastructure. Heck, we don't even have a national academy nor training centre!
over reliance on left over players called foreign born is killing our national team. Mediocre players has taken over the national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:57am On Nov 18, 2022
Edopesin:

It's tiring walai, We've not had an intelligent coach for a long time that can compete on the international stage. Our players are just as good and experienced.

The same European star players bagging for their various clubs are the same ones bagging for their countries so why our own different ?

Please one Moet Chandon 4 U

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2022
zuchyblink:
over reliance on left over players called foreign born is killing our national team. Mediocre players has taken over the national team.

You mean like Nwakali, Omeruo, Shehu, Awaziem, playing in the most obscure and backwaters league and clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 8:00am On Nov 18, 2022
komekn:

What I like about him is that he doesn't invite mediocre players like Nwakali and unfortunately for Peter Olyinka, in obscure low quality league, when there are far better players.

Alhassan is doing good but he is not a player with guiles and outstanding technical ability that will change our Midfield. Maybe if he goes to a better league he might be better appreciated. I do think he should have been given an invite, if you can invite Nwakali then you MUST DEFINITELY invite Alhassan.

Ejuke is quintessential Nigerian baller, almost too much so, lots of dribbling limited end product.

SURPRISED that Nathan Tella was not invited, he has been absolutely outstanding for Burnley. His confidence level is just astounding, he has improved. I watched him use the small of his back to pass the ball to player in a match. Burnley are top of the Championship have a great manager in Kompany.

He is already a Southampton player EPL player on loan with his value rising each day.

Agreed. 1st time ever!! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2022
ChrisKels:

I know the pains have been so excruciating since the last time I bursted your lies and hypocrisy with jaw dropping reciepts. Cry more kitty.

Say hi to Onyedimma. grin grin

Are you still hungry , the bitter leaf Soup was not enough.

If you ask nicely I will buy you PIZZA �

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 8:04am On Nov 18, 2022
That guy on jersey no.10(whatever his name) has no business putting on SE/Nigeria most revered Number after the likes of Okocha & Mikel Obi.
What an eyesore.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:09am On Nov 18, 2022
komekn:

Hahahahaha e pain am. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2022
Thanks mods for putting me in jail because of my 4-0 “prediction”.

7 things:

1. What happened to that team that flogged São Tomé ?
2. Bright Osayi performed so badly compared to Aina’s SE debut.
3. Onyeka brought his Man City A game.
4. Dennis should be our designated PK taker
5. Moses Simon should get the captains arm band
6. Etebo was so damn confident on the ball that he was spraying passes near the goal post.
7. We improved as the game wore on. We would have gotten back into the game had the PARTIAL ref not ended the game prematurely

Bonus: Peseiro is the best thing to have happened to SE since Rohr

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2022
TheSuperNerd adjust your timing of posting pics of the boys tagging then with their nicknames from before the game to after. E go sweet like that. I no like chop Komekn bitter leaf soup.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2022
If wishes were horses and hippos, i for want make we get coach wey sabi Artetaball. Get rid of any player wey no wan give pressing contribution.

Herve Renard for change this problem. Especially if they don't do that nonsense SVE wrote in his book about NFF officials bribing and asking the dumbest questions any sport admin could ever ask.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Parrot69: 8:53am On Nov 18, 2022
Worst Performers;
Ndidi; Was a shadow of his himself, he should leave Leicester city ASAP
Aribo: should honorable drop that no.10 shirt. He isn't worth it.
Ademola Lookman: So much expected from him, yet to live up to his hype.

Outstanding players:
Bright Osayi; Dude is a baller. I see the zeal.
Iwobi; SE finest, playmaker. Without him, forget about the midfield.
Calvin Bassey; SE most improved player. He's fully inducted to the starting 11.

Others not mentioned are average or below performance.

It's early to start to make assessments on JP tactical prowls. This is his 4th games in charge of the SE.. until we can see his final 11, then we can give verdict on his performance.

NB: No how Osimhen would have been on this game without us scoring at least 2goals or conceding less.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2022
Joebie:
Thanks mods for putting me in jail because of my 4-0 “prediction”.

7 things:

1. What happened to that team that flogged São Tomé ?
2. Bright Osayi performed so badly compared to Aina’s SE debut.
3. Onyeka brought his Man City A game.
4. Dennis should be our designated PK taker
5. Moses Simon should get the captains arm band
6. Etebo was so damn confident on the ball that he was spraying passes near the goal post.
7. We improved as the game wore on. We would have gotten back into the game had the PARTIAL ref not ended the game prematurely

Bonus: Peseiro is the best thing to have happened to SE since Rohr
grin I used to think I was good at sarcasm...this one weak me

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:56am On Nov 18, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy bitter leaf soup eater
ChrisKels:

CharlesEmeka, Elyte etc make una come carry una god off my mention oo grin because if I turn around like a venomous black mamba now follow am up, na una and that little cricket wey always dey beg for my attention go begin shed tears all over the thread for am grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:58am On Nov 18, 2022
Parrot69:
Worst Performers;
Ndidi; Was a shadow of his himself, he should leave Leicester city ASAP
Aribo: should honorable drop that no.10 shirt. He isn't worth it.
Ademola Lookman: So much expected from him, yet to live up to his hype.

Outstanding players:
Bright Osayi; Dude is a baller. I see the zeal.
Iwobi; SE finest, playmaker. Without him, forget about the midfield.
Calvin Bassey; SE most improved player. He's fully inducted to the starting 11.

Others not mentioned are average or below performance.

It's early to start to make assessments on JP tactical prowls. This is his 4th games in charge of the SE.. until we can see his final 11, then we can give verdict on his performance.

NB: No how Osimhen would have been on this game without us scoring at least 2goals or conceding less.
Bassey had a poor performance

Poor ball progression
Dirty defensive awareness

You forgot to praise Chukwueze. That directness is what I want to see consistently

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 8:59am On Nov 18, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy chisos
komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Dan, I agree with you but I believe Alhassan is more deserving of an invite right now than Onyedika. I don't think Onyedika covered himself in glory against the Algeria Team B or JP wasn't impressed with him. I do believe though those 2 should begin to be integrated into the team. E really paid me say Alhassan couldn't make the Mexico and Ecuador friendlies, perhaps he could have warmed himself into JP's plans.

You have a point with regard to Onyedika, but given our lack of options, a second chance should have sufficed... Alhassan on his own would add some steel to the midfield... TBH, Iwobi is the only one of our regular midfielders that seem to have improve of recent .. Ndidi looks like a shadow of his former self even at Leicester..maybe due to the injuries... Etebo is now playing in Greece, nothing improved... As for Aribo,I think it's becoming more clear that he isn't the type of guy you use to control a midfield... When you need someone to score goals from midfield,you play him close to the opponent box..u don't use him as a controller...

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:11am On Nov 18, 2022
Mujtahida:
It's like modern football hard SE to grasp ooo. If not how is it that for five years we've not been able to fix issues with the midfield and our attacking set up?

Red hot at club level does not often translate into swell performance at national team level ooo. Fact is that club football and national team football is not the same.

Until we get a coach that's conversant with the modern approach to football,forget it... None of the last 3 coaches had any sort of reputation for that... Even Keshi's team didn't exactly play fancy football especially when the team was often filled with NPFL players

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:13am On Nov 18, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2022
After second viewing, it should have been retaken.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2022
I forgot to add we missed Nwakali. Charles ur food don ready.

Odunayaw:

grin I used to think I was good at sarcasm...this one weak me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2022
Now Joebie, bros prophhad come to pass6, Finally Portugal had won us 4 zero,

And Wonders Am Surprised nobody is saying anything about Uzoho chopping 4, And of its Maduka the Drums of Attack would had been sounding long after the match

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13827) (13828) (13829) (13830) (13831) (13832) (13833) ... (16250) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: GMBOFASIA, jihday(m), zicky(m), Danielnino00(m), naptu2 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.