Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,929 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13838) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11723561 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13835) (13836) (13837) (13838) (13839) (13840) (13841) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
do4luv14:

He is just starting, just dey watch

Imagine having such a sync across anything leadership in any terrain in Nigeria, and then wishing so bad for the former leader over the current.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:03pm On Nov 19, 2022
Icon4s:

That's the point.
The awards are not just for the Super Eagles alone. There are also other categories that have to do with Youths and Women football players.

After all Clubs still go ahead and vote for their player of the year irrespective of whether they win any trophy or not.

Revelation of the year-Onyene Zidane. O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2022
daveP:

Imagine having such a sync across anything leadership in any terrain in Nigeria, and then wishing so bad for the former leader over the current.

Watch and Observe,

With that Gasue, Ability as I wan write am sef, Am beginning to be Afraid, of us returning to our fire Bridget Approach
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:38pm On Nov 19, 2022
daveP:

Revelation of the year-Onyene Zidane. O pari
Ah...e better make we do this one separately.
Revelation of the year(female)
Revelation of the year (male)

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Mister Man, we are talking midfielders and not wingers.

You asked about Etebo, a midfielder and now you don jump go Simon, a winger.

Is it hard for you to just stay within the context of a discussion?

Some of the attributes/parameters I listed are surely needed for other depts of the team but it was majorly focused on Midfield selection. Simple.

But he is right. Moses Simon is a weak link in the attack as well as aribo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:40pm On Nov 19, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

You can make your point without verbal attacks.

Pot calling the kettle black
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2022
jihday:
If Cameroon see 1pt for this World Cup e go be by luck

At least they are there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2022
Philosopher1979:

The North African league is not a backwater league. I wonder why we underrated players from such a league. Emmanuel amunike and John utaka played there.
Remember Mohammed Salah is from the Egyptian league.
It is better than all these Latvian and Cyprus leagues our players run to

Yes maybe so.

But did they opt to stay there, build a house ,live and go nowhere else.

They used it as a springboard to better clubs and Leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
some mediocre players are playing in Europe today because they were born in Europe or they grew in Europe. Some good players in Africa age,place of birth and nationality factors made them not to play in Europe or big leagues in Europe. Some of our best are in the trenches.

Some very good black players born in Europe, brought up in Europe are no longer playing football ⚽

Simply because they are not good enough and in it have lost form. It happens, but in Europe they don't hold on to past glories.

Many African players are simply not good enough, forget this pity me, mentality.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2022
komekn:

At least they are there

I don’t get dis bad belle stuff for oda African countries participating at d World Cup instead of supporting dem for a better outcome

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
If you are born in Africa,there is a ceiling over you. You must go through the obscure leagues before joining the big boys in the big leagues. Before you know it age don catch up with you

You have no idea.

If you are born in Africa, you can create any age you like and so you are 21 playing with 16 year olds. You then pay the obligatory Egunje and you are in the national youth team. You will then get preferential treatment as a international youth player. You can go straight to a top team in Europe.

If you are Black and born in Europe, you will first of all play local grass roots football. If you are good enough and you get selected to an EPL academy. You will go through several months and stages of trialing before you actually even get to the academy to be a trailist. If you pass all the Challenges you may just get a time limit quasi contract.

Before that you will then have to navigate nepotism, institutional endemic ingrained racism, football ⚽ politics, prejudice and preference, and several years of possibly being dropped and looking for other clubs. You will be competing with hundreds of players across Europe each season trying to take your place. If by any chance a player is bought, you have essentially lost your place (££money talks) after all of this you might just get a professional contract. By the grace of God.

Do you know that some playerd commit suicide in desperate frustrated disappointment, after being dropped.

Eberechi Eze went to over 8 clubs before he was 16.

It's so easy for black boys in football ⚽ to make it in England.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2022
yinkeys:
What happened to Alampasu?

He is playing for Pietà Hotspurs F.C in the Maltese Premier league.

He is seeing minutes though his club is at almost the bottom of the league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
zoboizee:

It's nether coaching nor place of birth.
It's the low quality of the talents we are parading currently that is causing decline in our National team. SEs are bang below average players. They can't hold the ball well, can't string passes together continually, at lost when defending dead balls, they can't even make good use of it when presented with it. And above all, administrative ineptitude & the demonic monster called corruption.

Agreed without question ❓

If I could I would like to take somebody like TheGoodJoe to a top level academy Youth development phase U12s to see the depth of training and technicality that is given to U12 players.

His diction and perceptions would completely change.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

This analysis is just too simplistic as a diagnosis of the problem of our team.

Super Eagles is poor because 90 percent of the players are FB(in you people's mind, FB make up 90% of the team). What sort of nursery school thinking is this?
Ekong
Aina
Bassey
Iwobi
Aribo
Ebuehi
Maduka
Lookman
Moffi
Ajayi
Are FB players.

Moses Simon
Iheanacho
Osimhen
Ndidi
Onyeka
Chukwueze
Bonke
Onuachu
Uzoho
Shehu
Musa
Awaziem
Omeruo
Are the Nigerian born players.

On a given day the team is a fairly balanced mix of both FB and NB. Yet it is the FB who are responsible for our poor footballing fortunes?

So if the team is made up 100% Nigerian players, we will bounce back? I really do not understand this kind of simplistic almost naive narrative.

The one unwavering factor for inclusion in the national team is quality. Not whether you belong to any of the categories of FB or NB.

Fact however is that for many years we realized that owing to the regression of our local teams, our best players are those who ply their trade abroad and even at that it is just basic common sense that you pick your best players from those who play in the best clubs in Europe and elsewhere(if they are the best)

I agree unreservedly

Moffi and Iwobi were born in Nigeria if I'm right

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Mujtahida:

If our local born players are good enough we will never need FB players

What's your issue ❓

What does were you born have to do with the quality of your football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Silentgroper(m): 7:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Alfryd:

Tell me page number I can click like
Just click on his moniker, it will take u directly to d page he made d post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2022
jihday:
when we had only Nigerian born players we got to the World Cup semifinal and also won multiple Afcon titles

Retrogressive thinking personified.

It's this kind of thinking that allows proven public find looters, convicted criminals and tribalistic geriatrics to rule over us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
If a player with dual nationality was good enough he would never play for Nigeria.

Because a player is not good enough for England he is therefore not good enough for Nigeria.

That's very intelligent and positive forward thinking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:39pm On Nov 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
Best players in the back water leagues are better than bench warmers and average players in EPL

Please name them one by one and make your objective based appraisal.

Will you have the boldness to do that or will you just HIDE in muted silence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
komekn:

Pot calling the kettle black
The GoodJoe doesn't abuse or insult anyone sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2022
Danielnino00:

8 likes, 11 shares.... C'mon gents! Surely we would like to keep up with the consistency!

This poll closes at 12 midnight today after which a decision will be made...

Thank you!
Not criticizing you o, but I think the timing of the poll I making the results look this way. The defeat fingered a lot of people's medulla so it's possible they weren't rational in voting. I am a strong advocate of continuing with the award. In life we won't always have it good, but our systems and processes must stay consistent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
Moses simon, ekong are the main problem in this team grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2022
If our problem is that we have average players, why do they play regularly and well in their clubs? If Osimhen had played against Portugal, do you think he would have scored with that tepid team play?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2022
We need a good coach who can instill TACTICAL DISCIPLINE in our players, team organization and someone the players can die for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2022
gamaliel9:
We need a good coach who can instill TACTICAL DISCIPLINE in our players, team organization and someone the players can die for

A coach with the personality of Maurinho will be good.
Disciplinarian
Good knowledge of football tactics
Winning mentality.
Coaches like Maurinho will win you trophies

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
but wait ooo i wan ask one question. who be that home groomed player doing well that is not in the current super eagles set up?
komekn:

I agree unreservedly

Moffi and Iwobi were born in Nigeria if I'm right

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2022
komekn:

Because a player is not good enough for England he is therefore not good enough for Nigeria.

That's very intelligent and positive forward thinking
Imagine Osimehn,Mikel, Okocha,Oliseh and Kanu as foreign born players? Them no for play for us. They take the best and leave mediocres for us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
komekn:

Please name them one by one and make your objective based appraisal.

Will you have the boldness to do that or will you just HIDE in muted silence.

Semi,Ekong,Aribo,Denis are mediocre players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2022
Philosopher1979:

A coach with the personality of Maurinho will be good.
Disciplinarian
Good knowledge of football tactics
Winning mentality.
Coaches like Maurinho will win you trophies

Correct. Our players are good. Just a leader-coach we need. How can Peseiro point who to take the penalty, another player imposes himself to take it and the coach left him him on the pitch?...HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT HOME FROM THE PITCH, NOT EVEN TO THE DRESSING ROOM, straight to the airport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
elyte89:

I don’t get dis bad belle stuff for oda African countries participating at d World Cup instead of supporting dem for a better outcome
will my support make them win? I said what I think, since I’ve been supporting them what have they done? Traditionally Tunisia and Cameroon have always been the worst African teams at the World Cup. If I’ll have bad belle for anybody it should be Ghana but I even said I think they’ll perform decently
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2022
zuchyblink:
Semi,Ekong,Aribo,Denis are mediocre players

You just dey yarn opata. Since when Dennis become FB??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13835) (13836) (13837) (13838) (13839) (13840) (13841) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, oloriooko(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.