Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,157 members, 7,864,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11950485 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13848) (13849) (13850) (13851) (13852) (13853) (13854) ... (16364) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 1:57pm On Nov 22, 2022
Amedino99:
Yeye Argentina. No more Nigeria to stat pad against.

we just dey dash them group points all these years, nonsense. We had no business losing against this side in the last world cup. But complacency as usual made us lost in the dying minutes. See how the Saudis held them till the every end

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
typicalgamer:

Stop contradicting yourself oga dozens of pages back I’ve already said that we should be done with this current SE team at least most of the players all of the GK and the gk keeping staffs should be dropped.

Take Germanys approach at the confederation 2017 conferderations cup

Mix old and new drop some regular starters that aren’t performing from the team permanently. Let the miss out and find their passion again and come back stronger simple.

Because no matter what etebo plays or whatever he plays he’ll get picked over upcoming and more exciting talent. Same thing with chukwueze and everyone else. They’re too comfortable once you know you can easily be replaced by a cheaper and more efficient option you tend to bring your best out.

What I’m saying we are all adults and we know wishful thinking and winning team.

Saudi is not a winning team.

Nigeria is a broken project
So what's the argument? Omo I don't argue for the sake of it. I don't even argue. I make my points. So what's the contest? That I said compared to Saudi Arabia we have luxury of quality players is what you are opposed to? Okay I agree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:00pm On Nov 22, 2022
Amedino99:
Yeye Argentina. No more Nigeria to stat pad against.

grin grin

If BannedLarge AKA 12Large1 was Argentine, It will be Messi on the cross today.

Argentine BannedLarge looking at Messi now:

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
Mujtahida:
C2
Before you use any template, make sure it gives you consistent results. No go follow Saudi Arabia ginger oooo. Look their history.

Like TheGoodJoe will say do not look at results. Look at philosophy, look at systems, pick up patterns

template or no template, we are not doing well and we need players with a big heart for our team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
which old standard? Baba super eagles problem of late na coaching problem

With the right tactics and team selection the team will fare better

A team that can boast of

Iwobi- epl
Bassey- Dutch league
Lookman- serie A
Onuachu- Belgium
Onyeka- epl
Osimhen- serie A
Zaidu- Portugal
Aina- seria A
Ebuehi- seria A
Ndidi- epl
Denis- epl
Chukwueze- laliga
Awoniyi- epl
Simon- ligue 1
Moffi- ligue 1
Aribo- epl
Alhassan- Belgium
Onyedika- Belgium
Ekong- championship
Ajayi- championship
Akpos- bundesliga
Ejike-bundesliga

Just to mention those I can remember now should be ignored inorder to accommodate obscure league players?

Una funny cheesy

Oga we re after good performance and result...even if all our players plays with Real Madrid and Dey come back home to give us dis performance we actually experienced since d last 7years, it doesn’t worth it
No be club name we wan chop but performance and results ....finito

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:02pm On Nov 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
being too comfortable is the issue not that they aren’t talented or good anymore

Oga relax your mind I hate nonsense

Talent is not there we’re the ones who put imaginary value and talent there.

We have no cutting-edge technical play to out play opponents we’ve never had that so i don’t blame them now.

From day one if individual brilliance don’t save us nothing will.

Our boys are too inconsistent and fumbles when the meet players of equal or above standards
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
elyte89:

Oga we re after good performance and result...even if all our players plays with Real Madrid and Dey come back home to give us dis performance we actually experienced since d last 7years is not worth it

Do whatever tactics or technique as long as we’re winning trophies I’ll be alright zero criticism will come from me. I don’t care how we play as long as the victories keep rolling in
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
"It is from the (rightly selected) tactically balanced best, we can easily build and implement a playing philosophy. Playing philosophies aren't built on players who cannot even hold or pass the ball."

TheSuperNerd:
No one is saying we should pack the team with players from backwater leagues. Stop twisting the focus point.

The point remains, "FOCUS on the Best from tactical and technical POVs"

In Nigeria's Talents pool situation CURRENTLY, It is IMPOSSIBLE that everything we need to make the Super Eagles great and evolved into a truly world class team is found within the Top 5 leagues alone.

▶️We have Osimhen, Moffi, Lookman, Zaidu, Iwobi, Onyeka, Ndidi and many more within the Top 5 leagues. They all matter and will always make the squad coz they have the quality we need from different technical perspectives.

▶️Outside the Top 5 leagues, we still have Bassey, Abbas, Onuachu, Alhassan, Onyedika, etc.

Bassey regularly gets called up but there are others in this category who also deserves serious lookins going forward for the tactical/technical upliftment of the Super Eagles.

▶️And ofcos we also have very few quality that can add to us but are found in one or two Division 2 leagues. Example is Semi Ajayi who has always been a regular callup.

Now, it is first about what these lads can offer and how they can make us stronger tactically and make our plays more synchronically pleasing.

Truth is if we do focus on quality first, several of the players in the top 5 leagues would still AUTOMATICALLY be RIGHTLY selected but a good number outside the top 5 leagues and even a few in the second division leagues will creep in. The best is to be selected only.

From the tactically balanced best, we can easily build and implement a playing philosophy. Playing philosophies aren't build on players who cannot even hold or pass the ball.

I belong to a field interwoven with various courses in science and medicine where the best is NORMALLY found outside Africa but in my case, I was within Africa when I bagged a special classified research scholarship in the biomedical world beating out tough competition from Asia, other parts of Africa and parts of Europe. How I did it? I studied. I prepped up. My mentality right from childhood was always to measure myself by World class standards and not by the standards of my immediate institutional environment.

That is how I bagged that research scholarship. Was I European or America-based. Nope... I was African-based and I still kicked asses.

My point? The best or some of the best can also be found outside the normal concentration of high quality talents. Don't be deceived. I am a living example in my own field.

Gracias.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
typicalgamer:

Oga relax your mind I hate nonsense

Talent is not there we’re the ones who put imaginary value and talent there.

We have no cutting-edge technical play to out play opponents we’ve never had that so i don’t blame them now.

From day one if individual brilliance don’t save us nothing will.

Our boys are too inconsistent and fumbles when the meet players of equal or above standards

Now someone making sense here,even d individual players saved rohr blushes in d early years when we had d result(d likes of mikel and vmoses.)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2022
The guy on the pidgin commentary on super sport na vawelence person

See as Maduka Okoye Dey him own stray bullet hit am grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:06pm On Nov 22, 2022
elyte89:

Oga we re after good performance and result...even if all our players plays with Real Madrid and Dey come back home to give us dis performance we actually experienced since d last 7years, it doesn’t worth it

That's what we want, Performance and results even if they are from Oshodi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
Goke7:

template or no template, we are not doing well and we need players with a big heart for our team

There’s no player on super eagles team currently with enough passion.

To them this is just an holiday to see and ball with the guys

No passion or grit and you expect them to be our future.

These rats are the guy’s that have coaches sacked and it’s all their fault but coaches get sacked

Against Tunisia second team. Then the first team.

I saw our boys training and I begin to instantly shed tears. This modern day and age we’re still playing 2 aside and calling it training

Don’t the Europe guys come up with training tactics for the team shame catch me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Watin him talk grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
If na Portugal lose now them go say na Ronaldo cause am cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2022
cheesy
andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2022
Mujtahida:

So what's the argument? Omo I don't argue for the sake of it. I don't even argue. I make my points. So what's the contest? That I said compared to Saudi Arabia we have luxury of quality players is what you are opposed to? Okay I agree with you.

My point is that if it’s possible we should rotate and ur pool of players to see if that will help.

Because as things stand right now our current crop some inside don rotten we need new seeds na

Don’t forget age cheating. Some our boys that are 28 now fit don 32 normally.

We have no say about the coaches picks but these guys are not it

We only win matches everyone knows we can win, and struggle against a team that’s close to our caliber
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
typicalgamer:

Watin him talk grin

Him talk say na so Maduka Okoye Dey do like mugu Tunisia score am easy goal

Mugu was not the actual Slank he used though ,I forgot ,but na mugu the Warey mean
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2022
My prediction don cut grin

The passion that the Saudis exhibited today is something that Nigeria and African football desperately lacks. Whenever our team is pitted up against a giant, most times we already accept the fact that we'll fail and and this is reflected in our gameplay.

With KSA's win, I actually feel that the pressure on African teams has just been turned up by a 100. Asian football may be surpassing African football for good

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:14pm On Nov 22, 2022

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Goke7: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2022
typicalgamer:

There’s no player on super eagles team currently with enough passion.

To them this is just an holiday to see and ball with the guys

No passion or grit and you expect them to be our future.

These rats are the guy’s that have coaches sacked and it’s all their fault but coaches get sacked

Against Tunisia second team. Then the first team.

I saw our boys training and I begin to instantly shed tears. This modern day and age we’re still playing 2 aside and calling it training

Don’t the Europe guys come up with training tactics for the team shame catch me

We are the ones pampering these players to play for the national team. Left to some of them, they are not really interested
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
Oh I can't believe I almost missed Pessi slander.

Abi Andrew what happened to your HEgoat? He no wan carry Argentina again abi him back break?

Don't worry 2026 still dey after Pessi retire and unretire as usual

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2022
jihday:
we played Renard’s Zambia in 2010 a game we won via PK but they were the better side that day
You are correct!!! And I think they won the next edition right, beating the Elephants.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
cheesy[quote author=Amedino99 post=118596191][/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2022
elyte89:

Wc foolish standards sef, d so called best in Europe dt can’t keep d ball for more Dan 2-3minutes is d best?

Abeg ,I support u,we can’t continue dis way,it’s eida Dey re not committed enough or feel too relaxed ,after all ,7years now no trophy ,so y stick to a standard dts obviously not working,just going down d drain as d year keeps going

I doubt even if we can win d 2024 afcon with dis so called “our standard players”
But you rail against players that can't trap the ball, that can't pass. Passing and trapping are not standards abi?

We should not be like the yoyo. When foreign coaches underperform, we cry for local coaches to take over. They take over, underperform, we cry again for local coaches and so the circle continues. You appear to be making the same case against our current crop of players: I don't care where the players come from. Just gather them. By the time that is tried and the result backfires, you start crying again: pick our players from the best leagues. Mind you I said leagues not clubs.

That our foreign based players are not performing can never make me advocate for local players because like I said Nigeria transitioned in the mid 90's to using foreign based players not because it is fanciful but because there were practical considerations underpinning that transition.

What is missing for us goes beyond passion, beyond I sabi pass, I sabi trap, I sabi dribble. Football is a system now. We don't have one.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2022
chrisooblog:

Abi Andrew what happened to your HEgoat? He no wan carry Argentina again abi him back break?

muller said barca will pay for what Saudi did to Argentina next season’s ucl cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:22pm On Nov 22, 2022
typicalgamer:

My point is that if it’s possible we should rotate and ur pool of players to see if that will help.

Because as things stand right now our current crop some inside don rotten we need new seeds na

Don’t forget age cheating. Some our boys that are 28 now fit don 32 normally.

We have no say about the coaches picks but these guys are not it

We only win matches everyone knows we can win, and struggle against a team that’s close to our caliber
I don't have anything against your position

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
No one is saying we should pack the team with players from backwater leagues. Stop twisting the focus point.

The point remains, "FOCUS on the Best from tactical and technical POVs"

In Nigeria's Talents pool situation CURRENTLY, It is IMPOSSIBLE that everything we need to make the Super Eagles great and evolved into a truly world class team is found within the Top 5 leagues alone.

▶️We have Osimhen, Moffi, Lookman, Zaidu, Iwobi, Onyeka, Ndidi and many more within the Top 5 leagues. They all matter and will always make the squad coz they have the quality we need from different technical perspectives.

▶️Outside the Top 5 leagues, we still have Bassey, Abbas, Onuachu, Alhassan, Onyedika, etc.

Bassey regularly gets called up but there are others in this category who also deserves serious lookins going forward for the tactical/technical upliftment of the Super Eagles.

▶️And ofcos we also have very few quality that can add to us but are found in one or two Division 2 leagues. Example is Semi Ajayi who has always been a regular callup.

Now, it is first about what these lads can offer and how they can make us stronger tactically and make our plays more synchronically pleasing.

Truth is if we do focus on quality first, several of the players in the top 5 leagues would still AUTOMATICALLY be RIGHTLY selected but a good number outside the top 5 leagues and even a few in the second division leagues will creep in. The best is to be selected only.

From the tactically balanced best, we can easily build and implement a playing philosophy. Playing philosophies aren't build on players who cannot even hold or pass the ball.

I belong to a field interwoven with various courses in science and medicine where the best is NORMALLY found outside Africa but in my case, I was within Africa when I bagged a special classified research scholarship in the biomedical world beating out tough competition from Asia, other parts of Africa and parts of Europe. How I did it? I studied. I prepped up. My mentality right from childhood was always to measure myself by World class standards and not by the standards of my immediate institutional environment.

That is how I bagged that research scholarship. Was I European or America-based. Nope... I was African-based and I still kicked asses.

My point? The best or some of the best can also be found outside the normal concentration of high quality talents. Don't be deceived. I am a living example in my own field.

Gracias.

Proud of your achievements bro, really proud, hope to see more achievements in the very near future. Now to the discourse, you will see because your demonstrable and visible qualities you got into one of the best research institutes in the world. So shouldn't we expect the same from our players?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2022
chrisooblog:

It doesn’t change the fact that he is the goat

What else ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2022
charlesemeka85:
muller said barca will pay for what Saudi did to Argentina next season’s ucl cheesy

Man U will pay for what Saudi did grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 2:27pm On Nov 22, 2022
Goke7:

That's the problem. Blackman wants results but he doesn't want to look at patterns, he doesn't want to study, he doesn't want put in the hard work. Just give him results.

But football has gone beyond cha cha. Watch that Saudi Arabian backline. Watch how they were disciplined and sturdy in holding that high defensive line you will see that it is not a matter of big heart.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2022
minfelix:

Out of the 5goals, 4goals came from the left wing, the person playing that wing b Eba
Na your guy na …. Eguavoen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by orriyomi33(m): 2:35pm On Nov 22, 2022
Hello sir, it's not the analyst on this thread that are coaching the super eagles.
typicalgamer:

Same thing ALL Star super eagles can’t do

The day this thread stop hyping all our washed players that’s when we can see real progress

(1) (2) (3) ... (13848) (13849) (13850) (13851) (13852) (13853) (13854) ... (16364) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, Shynaboy1, Goke7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.