Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,524 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11721160 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13896) (13897) (13898) (13899) (13900) (13901) (13902) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
Fodennnnn!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
England will dismantle the Senegalese team. See pace and movement! Wow!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
We need a 2nd goal!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
zuchyblink:
What Africa needs to win the world cup is the Senegal's defence, Ghana's Midfield and Nigerian's attack.
You think Ghana has a better Midfield? I don't think so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 9:29pm On Nov 29, 2022
Marjoribanks:

I do not agree with you. Senegal can beat this england team

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Tyler Adams and Declan Rice who is better?
Rice is clear bro... Rice na total package

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:31pm On Nov 29, 2022
USA is wasting ball... Why that Robinson dey waste passes na... I need more goals abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
fabyom:
Onazi was intentionally injured!
Same way the Italians intentionally took out Amuneke and Amokachi at the 1994 World cup second round!
It irks me when peeps disparage or belittle the Super Eagles.
I was so sad that day. The most painful was the yellow card shown to Matuidi...that was a red card offence FFS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

While I respect Keshi, that was the major drawback he had, I can't defend his bench, I won't lie, it made no sense. Yes he was positive, never feared any opponents, a good motivator but he just didn't select the right players to be on the bench.
And to think there were better players left at home. chai

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Kudus is Africa's best performance for group stage.

England vs Senegal is England's way. Upset is expected cos ma world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
Who will score the goal? Senegal only hope of winning is through penalties. They don't score from opening play against good teams
damagnificentusb:

I do not agree with you. Senegal can beat this england team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
Let's go America!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
chrisooblog:
I like the fact that most of the African teams have switched mentality and go into their games with more boldness and brave. No surprises that the more positive approach gets you results.

This is sadly what Nigeria is yet to get right.

I watched the Senegalese play with a lot of belief, u just knew they were going to get something from this match watching from the beginning.

I just don't understand Nigeria's weakness when it comes to south American opposition, I'm sure we would hv somehow capitulated if we were the ones that played Ecuador today.

We just lack that self belief especially when it comes to the south Americans.

Our match against Argentina in the last world cup is a typical example, it was a match we could easily hv got something but we somehow conspired to self destruct.

That Argentinain team was there for the taking. It was the weakest Argentinain team in a world cup for a long time but our lack of belief made us hand them the match on a platter. Incidentally we were the only side they defeated in the tournament.

Our mentality has to change going to subsequent world cups cuz the format has changed now. Beginning from the next world cup, only the group winners qualify for the next round which means u hv to win all ur games to qualify.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Your central point stands but the bolded is not true.

2 teams will qualify from each group of 3. There would be a round of 32 before a round of 16.

Nomyth:

I watched the Senegalese play with a lot of belief, u just knew they were going to get something from this match watching from the beginning.

I just don't understand Nigeria's weakness when it comes to south American opposition, I'm sure we would hv somehow capitulated if we were the ones that played Ecuador today.

Our match against Argentina in the last world cup is a typical example, it was a match we could easily hv got something but we somehow conspired to self destruct.

That Argentinain team was there for the taking. It was the weakest Argentinain team in a world cup for a long time but our lack of belief made us hand them the match on a platter. Incidentally we were the only side they defeated in the tournament.

Our mentality has to change going to subsequent world cups cuz the format has changed now. Beginning from the next world cup, only the group winners qualify for the next round which means u hv to win all ur games to qualify.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
Argentina is not Ecuador!
Two different teams!
The same Argentina was the only team that gave the eventual winners (France) a scare.
This is the worst Dutch team in resent memory and was there for the taking too yet Senegal lost.
Going by your assertion the Senegalese have weakness against the European teams too? Right?
Nomyth:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Argentina is not Ecuador!
Two different teams!
The same Argentina was the only team that gave the eventual winners (France) a scare.
This is the worst Dutch team in resent memory and was there for the taking too yet Senegal lost.
Going by your assertion the Senegalese have weakness against the European teams too? Right?

They've defeated France, Sweden, Poland and drawn with Denmark in the world cup.

Mention one south American team Nigeria has ever got something against in the world cup.

You may extend that to the confederation cup if u wish.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Your central point stands but the bolded is not true.

2 teams will qualify from each group of 3. There would be a round of 32 before a round of 16.

Oh, ok.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
Asides morroco to an extent, i don't see any team crossing the round of 16, it ends at the round of 16...i don't need a prophet to tell me..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2022
Nomyth:

Per your last paragraph, it’s actually the top two teams that will advance into a knockout round of 32.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2022
How many have we lost too aside Argentina? We used our bench to play Paraguay at the 1998 World Cup cos we have already qualified.

We have defeated them at all levels (From Olympics to under 20 and 17).
So what are you on about?
Nomyth:

They've defeated France, Sweden, Poland and drawn with Denmark in the world cup.

Mention one south American team Nigeria has ever got something against in the world cup.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
Elnino9:
Asides morroco to an extent, i don't see any team crossing the round of 16, it ends at the round of 16...i don't need a prophet to tell me..
Senegal has a chance against England. They have the mentality to go through

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Senegal did not beat Denmark.
Nomyth:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
The English will expose the Senegalese! That team is a fraud!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
charlesemeka85:
we don’t need him cus awaziem is better than him
Lol. True, Akanji is just lucky.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Marjoribanks:
They were lucky to escape defeat against the US, anything can happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ppogbae:
If Ghana and Morocco can scale through, I will sleep well for the next 2 weeks. If 3 CAF countries qualify, it'll be our best outing!

What a tournament for Africa.

We thought Asia surpassed Africa but they're fumbling the bag right now

Agreed without question let's Celebrate Africa all this bad belle and sour grapes to another brother African country is unbecoming of any patriotic African.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
Marjoribanks:
The English will expose the Senegalese! That team is a fraud!

No they will not .

I can see them getting beat if they underate Senegal.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
yinkeys:
It’s the Americas versus Africans for a place in the round of 16
Senegal v Ecuador
Morocco v Canada
Ghana v Uruguay

Tunisia & Cameroon are out
They definitely can’t get a result against France & Brazil.

Brazil will always struggle without Neymar

Tell me which team in this world that would not miss Neymar.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:43pm On Nov 29, 2022
andrewbaba44:

They are just so pained

I just feel we have many kids here ,Lol

Ghana have really impressed me on this competition ,and I when them nothing but the best
me I don’t want the best for Ghana o but I am not surprised they are doing well, most defensively disciplined teams always do well in tournaments
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:46pm On Nov 29, 2022
komekn:

That's why he did excellently well at Wolfsburg ❓
you no dey shame? 17/18 years old boy in Europe for the first time and barely got any opportunity to play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
ChrisKels:

You actually think Portugal can defeat Nigeria when there is all to play for or when everything is at stake, especial at the world cup?

Which team has ever scored past 2 un-replied goals against Nigeria at the world cup?
Denmark
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
The English team I saw today gat fire in their eyes.
The match against the USA came at the right time.
That will never happen again.
komekn:

No they will not .

I can see them getting beat if they underate Senegal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13896) (13897) (13898) (13899) (13900) (13901) (13902) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekehopp2, Mujtahida, Bbdot(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.