Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,881 members, 7,862,991 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13963) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11944296 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13960) (13961) (13962) (13963) (13964) (13965) (13966) ... (16355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sango lo ma peeee! How many academies dey Morrocco and how many of them dey top clubs? If you nofit name dem, Ogun lo ma pa eee. Oti ya weree abi
typicalgamer:

You dumb illiterate f*ck

Should I start to mention the amount of Nigerians that wanted to join an academy but none is available in their states

Stop farting from your mouth and get common sense

If old age is making you foolish just roll over by the side don’t carry over your pained life here

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mujtahida:
Morocco, you have had a good run. It's time. While I supported them to win against Spain, I'd support Portugal to win Morocco.

They didn't even recognize their dual identity as Africans and Arabs.

Stop cutting corners...na Ronaldo effect be dis

grin grin grin, you want Ronaldo to lift the trophy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mujtahida:
Morocco, you have had a good run. It's time. While I supported them to win against Spain, I'd support Portugal to win Morocco.

They didn't even recognize their dual identity as Africans and Arabs.

I hardly ever support North African teams in international tournaments self... It's a known fact that a large majority of them don't consider themselves Africans...I mean, they even participate in Arab nation sports.. The way their fans behave to opposition teams is another issue entirely...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Olodo oshi, Wetin Dtigers don win? Wetin we don win for tabble tennis? Which Africa country is a footballing nation? Olofooo!
typicalgamer:

If you can’t any medals as awards

We’ve won more and we have more recognition in track and fields than football so rest.
We’ve won more in Paralympics than football so oga relax
We’ve been the face of table tennis in Africa in the past decade and counting
Dtigers is one of Africa most decorated basketball team.

So oga we’ve won more in other sports than football so try calm down.

This woman down here has achieved more than our football sector has achieved in the past 20 years

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
That idiot just make me vex.
Back to biz
Croatia vs Brazil- 0-3
Holland vs Argentina- 0-2
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Don't mind them jare! Olodos plenty for ds thread I swell!
Why do you guys find it so easy to insult others who express opinions different from you. Do you have respect for yourself? Why do you find it easy to disrespect others?

Olodos. You, are you really intelligent? One of the marks of an intelligent and cultured person is the ability to engage in debate and do so with civility.

I was of the opinion that naija is not a footballing nation. Charlesemeka85 marshaled his argument ever so strongly that I was persuaded he's right and I am wrong.

I watch a lot of British and American TV and I marvel at their ability to engage in discourse while expressing dissenting opinions in the most respectful fashion. In Nigeria let one person say A, disagree with him and see him cuss your lineage.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 6:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
Victor Eletu Till 2025, scored and assist in a friendly for AC Milan today. Signed from a Nigeria Academy!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
elyte89:

Lollll

Na so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
skallion7:
Victor Eletu Till 2025, scored and assist in a friendly for AC Milan today. Signed from a Nigeria Academy!

Welcome development

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2022
Marjoribanks:
That idiot just make me vex.
Back to biz
Croatia vs Brazil- 0-3
Holland vs Argentina- 0-2

Loll

Una precious Brazil go chop am

And so will Argentina

A support for Europe is to be against FIFA favoritism of Neymar and Messi

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2022
elyte89:

Haaa I'm not a fan of either of Messi or Ronaldo oo. Between the two of them, I'd rather Messi lifts the World Cup than Ronaldo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2022
mostob:
Said same thing here some days ago.

You're both right

That's why I told danielninho that that I don't care if he doesn't come to Liverpool.

That's how they hyped Jadon Sancho until him come dey show him carpentry internship skills for ManU

You know the English media will always hype their own

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mujtahida:

Why do you guys find it so easy to insult others who express opinions different from you. Do you have respect for yourself? Why do you find it easy to disrespect others?

Olodos. You, are you really intelligent? One of the marks of an intelligent and cultured person is the ability to engage in debate and do so with civility.

I was of the opinion that naija is not a footballing nation. Charlesemeka85 marshaled his argument ever so strongly that I was persuaded he's right and I am wrong.

I watch a lot of British and American TV and I marvel at their ability to engage in discourse expressing dissenting opinions in the most respectful fashion. In Nigeria let one person say A, disagree with him and see him cuss your lineage.

Oga it's unfortunate but am realizing some things can't be changed. I would be shocked if your discourse above is not interpreted as insult. Both of the guys above have been throwing daggers at themselves though. It's like most of us are always out seeking blood grin grin with name calling and outright cussing, na wa. On top wetin? Back to the talk of the season, though Morocco no send us sub saharan africa but anything dey achieve, we shall benefit too. So rooting for them again but as I don talk am plenty times, Portugal are not Spain, they are NMA, not messing around.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Samueltemi337:

The only naija player that deserves his hype.

A pity that NFF and corrupt sporting officials coupled with passionless and mediocre team mates wants to thwart your national team career. It shall not work
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:06pm On Dec 08, 2022
komekn:

It's not unique to Nigeria.

Mbappe went on trial at Chelsea as 12 year old but was rejected it's not news.

Manchester United let Pogba go for nothing barely three years later they bought him for €100 million.

Wolfsburg let Osimhen go and he went on trials with Brugge and Zulte but was rejected.

Eberechi was released by Millwall not good enough within 6 month's of that rejection he was playing in first team for QPR.

Tottenham almost left Harry Kane go he was not rated most of his loan spells were anonymous.

There are also players signed for big money who flopped big time Sanchez comes to mind leaves Arsenal to Manchester United and flops big time.

Omo your knowledge of football ehn

Odogwu

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Not sure who once said it, but should Ndidi head back to the CB position like Kompany did?

He should

He started there in belgium

He's good in the air and would make a better ball-playing defender than all our current defenders

It's a no-brainer for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
daveP:
many of our legends in the coaching side of the game are doing like they are not footballers. Toure go soon win Afcon before they wake up to start doing the needful. To me, it is compulsory they get involved. Sadly, it looks like they are part of the rot. Dorime

I said it in my last take

Our ex-internationals are part and parcel of it

If our drowning football was an Uber taxi, our ex-internationals are the drivers of that fatless taxi

Na only to advertise sports bet them Sabi.

With all the money they made in Europe, it shouldn't be hard to sponsor themselves for UEFA coaching courses and come to add to our local leagues..but no. Na to dey dance for sports bet advert.

Nonsense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2022
daveP:

To the Arab world and All Muslims in the World. That was a bitter pill to swallow.

How Caf keep doing like these guys are untouchable.....unless Caf has been sidelines on the chessboard with some stellar moves by the Northern Teams. That's the only explanation that fits why they look above sanctioning or disciplined.

North Africans see themselves as Africans. You people should stop pushing this narrative.
https://twitter.com/FrankLujja/status/1600872457866383362?t=1tjoYnVCFN6jp8ZmmvBIOQ&s=19 you can check this thread on Twitter where Moroccans were abusing a guy for saying they ain't Africans. Infact we are the one that look down on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

Amusan the fastest woman on the planet? Dude, you're totally talking off point..
Pick a viable point and stick to it... Using track and field, basketball, Paralympics and table tennis as a yardstick in comparison to football shows you have no idea what you're talking about...

And you do

Aside from claiming abroad born and bred players
And clinging to 94-98 glory days what are we really a bunch of clowns running around in green and white

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mujtahida:

I watch a lot of British and American TV and I marvel at their ability to engage in discourse while expressing dissenting opinions in the most respectful fashion. In Nigeria let one person say A, disagree with him and see him cuss your lineage.

U Dey mind dt one,e b like say dem just release am from prison,collect person fone,do small 10mb,begin drop predictions wey dem no send am, got few right,thinking he’s smart,u get time reply am grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Sango lo ma peeee! How many academies dey Morrocco and how many of them dey top clubs? If you nofit name dem, Ogun lo ma pa eee. Oti ya weree abi

Don’t d*ck ride it doesn’t suit old men like you

Like I said just roll over by the roadside don’t worry nobody will miss you

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
elyte89:

U Dey mind dt one,e b like say dem just release am from prison,collect person fone,do small 10mb,begin drop predictions wey dem no send am, got few right,thinking he’s smart,u get time reply am grin

Remember when he said I and Joebie are one and the same and was so insistent

grin cheesy grin

NFF-appointed Native Doctor grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Oga it's unfortunate but am realizing some things can't be changed. I would be shocked if your discourse above is not interpreted as insult. Both of the guys above have been throwing daggers at themselves though. It's like most of us are always out seeking blood grin grin with name calling and outright cussing, na wa. On top wetin? Back to the talk of the season, though Morocco no send us sub saharan africa but anything dey achieve, we shall benefit too. So rooting for them again but as I don talk am plenty times, Portugal are not Spain, they are NMA, not messing around.
Occasional rofo rofo is expected as per human being wey we be. But in the case of that guy, calling others olodo so gratuitously no be am.

So I'm rooting for Portugal. P
Morocco has overachieved. I don't think their performance will have any influence on CAF. We already have ten slots (if I recall correctly) at the 2026 world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
Blueelf:

You're both right

That's why I told danielninho that that I don't care if he doesn't come to Liverpool.

That's how they hyped Jadon Sancho until him come dey show him carpentry internship skills for ManU

You know the English media will always hype their own
ten hag for throw way that one soon cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2022
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
elyte89:

Walahi. Before you know it someone else will insult him back before you know it thread don scatter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
daveP:

To the Arab world and All Muslims in the World. That was a bitter pill to swallow.

How Caf keep doing like these guys are untouchable.....unless Caf has been sidelines on the chessboard with some stellar moves by the Northern Teams. That's the only explanation that fits why they look above sanctioning or disciplined.

Those people sha

The whole Africa was happy with their win ,and I really like that team

Na dem sabi sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2022
typicalgamer:

Oga things are not bad things are worse

It’s no longer a space but a circle
grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:23pm On Dec 08, 2022
typicalgamer:

Don’t divert from my topic

You’re telling me that super eagles not qualifying for wc

Got more attention than amusan becoming the fastest woman on the planet

Come bruh are you living under a rock ?
you just dey cap since yesterday. Fastst woman on earth. Na for hurdles she get record oo. Hope say you sabi the difference

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:24pm On Dec 08, 2022
Danielnino00:

Chai!
I used to be one of the praise singers of the NBBF due to how well they recruit players to the national team until their trouble with the sport ministry that lead to D'tigress missing the world cup..
Those guys are obviously using the mass availability of foreign born players to mask fheir inability to develop our local league...And one ignoramus is using them as a yardstick in comparison to our football sector...
As it stands, we are very unlikely to qualify for the 2023 basketball world cup..

Nonsense backstage brouhaha that kills dreams and efforts and everything sports represents due to ego, pride of the african man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Olodo oshi, Wetin Dtigers don win? Wetin we don win for tabble tennis? Which Africa country is a footballing nation? Olofooo!

For you to say these words shows that you’re clueless about all other sports in Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
typicalgamer:

And you do

Aside from claiming abroad born and bred players
And clinging to 94-98 glory days what are we really a bunch of clowns running around in green and white

All these countries you tagged as footballing nations, what exactly have they achieved in comparison to us?

You aren't being straight forward with your argument,you know...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13960) (13961) (13962) (13963) (13964) (13965) (13966) ... (16355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mybettingtips(m), MetalJigsaw(m), elyte89 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.