Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:27 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13994) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11954612 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13991) (13992) (13993) (13994) (13995) (13996) (13997) ... (16371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
Two questions

The R16 team of 2014 under the Late Keshi, if they were the current r16 opponents of Morocco of this 2022, who would come out tops?

If Nigeria's Super Eagles best XI currently were to meet this Walid's team at any point in this Tournament, who would have won?

I want to see something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 10:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
Even if the full french team is made up of 99% black players. The bottom line is they are playing for the colonialists and they don't represent we Africans in anyway.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
Imagine the world cup champions (Morocco) playing the Afcon. Massive massive win for African football.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
Agreed! The home-based guys really tried! I believe he has learnt a lot from the Portuguese game going forward.
AndSunGorilla:

Good submission from you. I think the way we capitulated in the friendly against Portugal left a sour taste in our mouth. I was impressed with the 1st 2 friendlies JP lost especially in the light of the resources he had access to, but the Portugal game no be am. Different topic that home based team that lost to. Costa Rica's first team really tried o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
daveP:
Two questions

The R16 team of 2014 under the Late Keshi, if they werethe current r16 opponents of Morocco of this 2022, who would come out tops?

If Nigeria's Super Eagles best XI currently were to meet this Walid's team at any point in this Tournament, who would have won?

I want to see something.
Talentwise we have always been better. It has more to do with the mindset and mentality of our team.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:52pm On Dec 11, 2022
The Moroccans will open up more playing us, and we would hurt them badly. Football is not 1+1=2; it could be 10. In 2009, we defeated France in a friendly game same week struggled to defeat Mozambique in Nigeria in Afcon qualifiers.
daveP:
Two questions

The R16 team of 2014 under the Late Keshi, if they werethe current r16 opponents of Morocco of this 2022, who would come out tops?

I want to see something.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:54pm On Dec 11, 2022
elyte89:

Even though we can’t exonerate amunike completely from d mess cos he was part of d crew however it would be unfair to him to use dt to deny him d super eagles job if the opportunity comes cos he wasn’t d one calling “final shots”...I would prefer renard or pitso,if we can afford any of dem
This is a great post!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2022
charlesemeka85:
Hoffenheim interested in Casa Pia’s winger Godwin

For Godwin Saviour slow and steady wins the race. He has developed over the years and now at 26 he is on a rise.
People like komekn will give up on a player like this.
If a player in a lower league is making progress and he is young then he has a chance.
He spent his time in the Belgian second division.
Azeez oseni is also impressing me. He is impressing in the Slovakian leagy and may soon go somewhere better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Club friendly performances should not be taken seriously

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
fabyom:
My brother! Seriously! I am jealous cos it is not Nigeria. Lol!
You overlove your country, not a bad thing at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
daveP:
Two questions

The R16 team of 2014 under the Late Keshi, if they were the current r16 opponents of Morocco of this 2022, who would come out tops?

I want to see something.
They just need to wounjure Onazi dazall!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:11am On Dec 12, 2022
komekn:

Maybe Uchebo, Reuben, Uzoenyi, Uche Nwofor and quite a few other mediocre players took his place.

You didn't talk about Obagoal ❓
Martins was washed out. He was invited in the March against Liberia and was a shadow of himself on the pitch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:15am On Dec 12, 2022
Marjoribanks:
I watched two games where he had the full complement of his players, and I am impressed with our style of play. He has brought Akpoguma back and now has Osayi to challenge Aina. Our problem is impatience. Let us give him time. We could also argue that Amunike was part of Equaveon's team. Therefore, he should not be spared from our World cup miss.
We all call for Finidi, Finidi is there now, but we still want Amunike back. I don't get it!
That's how we are like a yoyo. Fickle and unstable. There's no certainty in our decisions. It's all guesswork

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:21am On Dec 12, 2022
komekn:
Looks like the Africas of Europe are going to win this tournament.

As much as I want Morocco to win , without being divisive and racially biased.

When I see France it's like like looking at Not just sub Saharan Africa but West Africa personified.

Who are more representative of us African France or Moroccan Arab's.

This seem quite negatively biased and divisive I am truly confused.

Look at the celebration of France at the last World cup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW2n3umJuaE

Africa should win through the French team. How is that a French team? The fraud of cultural diversity degrading the concept of ethnic nationalities and turning the whole world into one indistinguishable mixture of races.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:29am On Dec 12, 2022
Mujtahida:

Africa should win through the French team. How is that a French team? The fraud of cultural diversity degrading the concept of ethnic nationalities and turning the whole world into one indistinguishable mixture of races.

It is modern globalism engineered through the globalist attitude and policies such as slave trade, colonialism, Arabic imperialism such as the Arab conquest of Africa, modern trade, travel and communication etc in which nationalii and ethnicity is redefined and the lines of identity are blurred.
Welcome to the modern civilized global world

I hope I don't sound like an academic but I know you got me

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:35am On Dec 12, 2022
EFL side Swansea interested in Malcolm Ebiowei

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:40am On Dec 12, 2022
Philosopher1979:

It is modern globalism engineered through the globalist attitude and policies such as slave trade, colonialism, Arabic imperialism such as the Arab conquest of Africa, modern trade, travel and communication etc in which nationalii and ethnicity is redefined and the lines of identity are blurred.
Welcome to the modern civilized global world

I hope I don't sound like an academic but I know you got me
Noo. You are not sounding academic rather you have chewed the kolanut at the right spot. Nations exist only by name now. In content they have changed. People laud multiculturalism but the end game is to create so much mixture whereby the fibre born out of a historic national character and necessary to resist the globalist agenda will be lacking. Diversity is divide and conquer.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:28am On Dec 12, 2022
Danielnino00:

Shola Ameobi even at the peak of his career couldn't even score 20 goals a season.. Very average player..
But he scored against Italy in that pre world cup friendly and his inclusion was regarded by some as justified... His brother Sammy looked promising,but alas....
that Shola 2014 inclusion i’m sure something must have exchanged hands
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:30am On Dec 12, 2022
charlesemeka85:
must they coach the national team? They should go out their to seek for jobs in the local league and Africa and do something tangible to attract been considered for the snr national team job

Attending or sharing the same coaching class with enrique and pep doesn’t imply that the snr national team job should be offered to him on a platter of gold

Pep and enrique started from somewhere and their good work attracted bigger opportunities which made them what they re today in European football

Amunike started from somewhere. Amunike grew from a footballer. Former African footballer of the year. Played for Barcelona with some of the best players in the World, including Hristo Stoichkov. Amunike worked under some sound managers I think, including Bobby Robson.

Amunike did his coaching badges to the highest level.

Amunike has worked as an assistant to some of our coaches like Keshi, Eguavoen and Manu Garba.

Amunike worked with the Tanzanian National team and achieved a historical feat with them.

Amunike has been part of multiple FIFA and CAF committees as a consultant and worked with some of the best coaches in World football.

Amunike scouted and produced one of the best brilliant U17 sides and won it. Produced a striker that broke the U17 record.

Amunike's U20 side played over 50 matches and lost only one. He knows the work. Sad that match caused them the qualification ticket but it showed how good he was. Also put on a terrible pitch that hindered his team's game.

So, we are not giving Amunike the job on a platter of gold.

We can keep the job for all I care. We have wasted over five years fliring with Rohr and the team can not even string passes. Can't even scout and setup a midfield.

We need Amunike more than Amunike needs us.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32am On Dec 12, 2022
fabyom:
Like Oracle (Marjoribanks) said. Was this same Amunike not part of Equaveon's team? You are the one displaying your tribalism here!

Being part of a coaching crew is not an opportunity. The team will play under the instructions and philosophy of the head coach. You can not count that as an opportunity given to Amunike. That is a very wrong concept and both of you know it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:34am On Dec 12, 2022
Mhiztachika:

Still a flop gk
if he continue getting game time consistently for the next 2-3 seasons I think he’ll improve
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:34am On Dec 12, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

Baba remove that last paragraph I beg you. Make we no destroy this place abeg!!!

Sorry, I will not remove it. We need to learn to start pushing for competence. We learn about life in football. It is the same thing. People will stick to what is wrong when it comes to piloting national affairs. But will want the most competent to run their businesses and drive them.

Sorry, it does not destroy this place.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:43am On Dec 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:
People should learn to shun tribalism. It has played a big part in holding the country down. Select the best, most qualified, and competent. Stop fighting against people because they are from a particular tribe.

Amunike is the most qualified and most competent. None have a better choice. Support him getting the job and moving this country forward.

He is a national hero and played a part in making us proud.

Same thing we are talking about the coming election. Peter Obi has the credibility and competence to fix the country. Vote him to help change the fortunes of this country.
how tribalism and Peter Obi take enter this matter?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:44am On Dec 12, 2022
jihday:
how tribalism and Peter Obi take enter this matter?

The answer is in the post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:50am On Dec 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

The answer is in the post.
this is emotional blackmail, not sure anybody has ever opposed Amunike cos of his tribe so why are you trying to bring tribe into it? And if it is about competence people questioning it are very very correct

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:56am On Dec 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Being part of a coaching crew is not an opportunity. The team will play under the instructions and philosophy of the head coach. You can not count that as an opportunity given to Amunike. That is a very wrong concept and both of you know it.
His time will definitely come but not now! After Paserio Finidi is next in line!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 4:57am On Dec 12, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

Sorry, I will not remove it. We need to learn to start pushing for competence. We learn about life in football. It is the same thing. People will stick to what is wrong when it comes to piloting national affairs. But will want the most competent to run their businesses and drive them.

Sorry, it does not destroy this place.
I understand you sir. I would just have thought that we should take the discourse to another platform so we trash it out. If another thread is created to discuss this, I would be more than happy to engage you on this very important topic which in all sincerity is critical and transcends football.
Jah bless.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 5:36am On Dec 12, 2022
Danielnino00:
I was wrong from the beginning... This world cup has actually turned out to be one of the best ever despite all the controversies surrounding it!

You mean manufactured controversy from Europeans and American, that had mostly racist undertones because they didn't like an Arab country winning the hosting right.

They did the same shit with South Africa too in 2010. The success of that world cup is what made people forget about it. Thankfully, sane will happen with this world cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay1: 5:41am On Dec 12, 2022
jihday:
those controversies were from England and USA, they are salty because they lost hosting bid to Qatar

That's the Cruz of the matter. Sepp blatter lost his job to this issue. The USA became salty and literally disorganized FIFA with those FBI investigations.

I'm sure Blatter would have been fine if he had never messed with them.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15am On Dec 12, 2022
fabyom:
His time will definitely come but not now! After Paserio Finidi is next in line!

grin cheesy grin

On what ground is Finidi next in line. Finidi is yet to even coach a Nigerian age grade team or work as an assistant in the Super Eagles set-up. But, Bam, next in line.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:15am On Dec 12, 2022
jihday:
this is emotional blackmail, not sure anybody has ever opposed Amunike cos of his tribe so why are you trying to bring tribe into it? And if it is about competence people questioning it are very very correct

You will shock.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:09am On Dec 12, 2022
Spot on!!!!
Mujtahida:

That's how we are like a yoyo. Fickle and unstable. There's no certainty in our decisions. It's all guesswork

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13991) (13992) (13993) (13994) (13995) (13996) (13997) ... (16371) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.