Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (13998) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694022 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13995) (13996) (13997) (13998) (13999) (14000) (14001) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:22am On Dec 13, 2022
Joezinho:

Words on a marble.

I wonder how any right thinking football analyst would want a player like nwakali to be in the super Eagles team. It’s either they are hungry mofos paid to hype him or they don’t mean well for Nigeria football.
Have you been following this World cup at all?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:23am On Dec 13, 2022
fabyom:
That is why I said if your father has my intelligence, you won't undermine other people's achievements.
I am not surprised you undermined The Great Rufai cos you do not know what success and progress entail.
Continue with your family's legacy of failures.
Baba, this is unnecessary as in the attack on his family. Discussions can and should proceed with mutual respect. Abeg you. E joor

Blueelf, nothing justifies the attack on your family but do stop throwing snide comments at fabyom. Don't put yourself in the position where a particular moniker is your enemy.

We don't need all this toxicity. I no be peacemaker oo because I enjoy some rofo rofo fight once in a while but this between the two of you appears very personal. Make we fight as mutuals not as enemies.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:28am On Dec 13, 2022
daveP:
Awon Wales, Ireland, Poland, Norway, grin
Dem Luxembourg, Iceland, Ireland fit sneak in too sef.
Funny enough, we might be seeing the like of Zambia and Angola I'm world cup very soon. grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:29am On Dec 13, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Croatia 1 vs Argentina 1
Oracle has spoken!!!!
Complete your Prediction oga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 6:29am On Dec 13, 2022
Oga Kog45 we no see you for this world cup festival ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Vic2Ree(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2022
elyte89:
Proposed New slots according to FIFA,

Asia - 8 countries

Africa - 9 countries

North America- 6 countries

South America - 6 countries

Oceania- 1 Country

Europe - 16 countries

Making it a total of 46 counties.

2 slots remaining

1 for Africa because Morocco have reached the semi-finals.

1 for play-offs.

Therefore ,
Asia 8+Africa( 9+1) + North America 6 + South America 6+ Ocenia 1 + Europe 16+ playoffs 1 will make it 48 countries.

Aw true is dis?

FIFA had already voted previously to expand the number of participating countries from 32 to 48 starting from the 2026 World Cup in North America and this was done before the Qatar 2022 World Cup even began. Morocco's success has nothing to do with the increased slots.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 6:56am On Dec 13, 2022
jihday:
the way they get them if we go that route many of you will complain, they go after these players when they are yet to make their big break in Europe

my point is even after they make their big break why can't the foreign born players still declare their interest to play for the SE...

even if they after them before their big break they still reject the SE... Tammy Abraham, Eze, Olise, Chuba Akpom, Jordan Ibe e.t.c all rejected the SE...

most of the time SE already has Nigerian born players who have made their big break in Europe, so it the SE will have to sensibly distribute game time to foreign borns who haven't made their big break in Europe...

currently there is no foreign striker better than Osimhen, Moffi, Onuachu e.t.c.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:12am On Dec 13, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Croatia 1 vs Argentina 1

Oracle has spoken!!!!
hope say you don feed your oracle correct sacrifice cos all those former prediction no enter. No be the one wey you go dey talk say oracle no expect de Paul to make sliding tackle inside eighteen yard box. And your prediction no complete. Who wins in penalty shootout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 7:18am On Dec 13, 2022
codemaniacs:

my point is even after they make their big break why can't the foreign born players still declare their interest to play for the SE...

even if they after them before their big break they still reject the SE... Tammy Abraham, Eze, Olise, Chuba Akpom, Jordan Ibe e.t.c all rejected the SE...

most of the time SE already has Nigerian born players who have made their big break in Europe, so it the SE will have to sensibly distribute game time to foreign borns who haven't made their big break in Europe...

currently there is no foreign striker better than Osimhen, Moffi, Onuachu e.t.c.
I think it's about the super eagles brand. We are not that attractive to play for. Playing for Switzerland, england and Germany is more beneficial to their career than playing for Nigeria. That is why eze will be rejecting our callups just to honor england u21 invitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Amedino99:
I think it's about the super eagles brand. We are not that attractive to play for. Playing for Switzerland, england and Germany is more beneficial to their career than playing for Nigeria. That is why eze will be rejecting our callups just to honor england u21 invitation.

Playing for Nigeria was beneficial to Okoye's career...

so its like you said and this is what komekn does not accept and understand that the foreign players don't rate the SE and see it as a step down for them and they have the Napoli owner type of attitude towards anything African..

Too Nigerian born players, the SE is attractive...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 7:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Philosopher1979:

I think this attitude of not appreciating our need for midfielders has to change. Is it that the midfielders don't come from the agency of the coach.
Look I think we are our greatest enemy. Our officials are too short sighted.
If the world cup was held in 1996 we might have reached the final but within two years the team deteriorated.
Also we held Brazil to a draw in 2019 but within three years the team deteriorated again. I suspect these nff officials constantly okay favouritism and politics.
Again the way we don't like midfielders sounds demonic. Is it that someone does not like alhassan Yusuf, ovie ejaria etc. Maybe they don't belong to their agency.
Our officials are too myopic. Winning the nation's cup and getting to the semi finals of the world cup will generate money for them to steal.
There is a way you can steal money and still engineer development. You just don't steal like a mad man without any vision for development

SE midfield situation is shocking...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:39am On Dec 13, 2022
Joezinho:

Words on a marble.

I wonder how any right thinking football analyst would want a player like nwakali to be in the super Eagles team. It’s either they are hungry mofos paid to hype him or they don’t mean well for Nigeria football.

What are some of your reasons for saying Nwakali shouldn't be invited.

Here, we extol facts over feelings.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2022
Mujtahida:
Oga Kog45 we no see you for this world cup festival ooo.
Yes o,man busy ni o but just got my vacation leave for Xmas.Morocco for life.I think time to learn from North Africa teams and stop employing mediocre as a coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:09am On Dec 13, 2022
Kog45:
Yes o,man busy ni o but just got my vacation leave for Xmas.Morocco for life.I think time to learn from North Africa teams and stop employing mediocre as a coach.
We don't have belief, we don't have patience. Truth is that even with Eguavoen our team played with the swagger we love during the Afcon but a combination of lack of belief and patience (due in this case to Eguavoen's world cup qualifying howlers) led to his sack.

Now we have Peseiro. He's carrying on in a way that does not inspire confidence in the fans.

Personally I think we should completely ditch this idea of foreign coaches. Get a local coach with foreign assistance. Give them time and a free hand to work.

Note that for the first time all the African countries at this world cup were tutored by local coaches. That's a significant development.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:26am On Dec 13, 2022
codemaniacs:

Playing for Nigeria was beneficial to Okoye's career...

so its like you said and this is what komekn does not accept and understand that the foreign players don't rate the SE and see it as a step down for them and they have the Napoli owner type of attitude towards anything African..

Too Nigerian born players, the SE is attractive...
the Nigerian born players really have no other option. What I'm saying is that compared to those countries, the SE brand is less attractive. Some are just based on their identity. Most of them see themselves as English, swiss or German. Being connected to Nigeria is just jara for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by yinkeys(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2022
elyte89:
Proposed New slots according to FIFA,

Asia - 8 countries

Africa - 9 countries

North America- 6 countries

South America - 6 countries

Oceania- 1 Country

Europe - 16 countries

Making it a total of 46 counties.

2 slots remaining

1 for Africa because Morocco have reached the semi-finals.

1 for play-offs.

Therefore ,
Asia 8+Africa( 9+1) + North America 6 + South America 6+ Ocenia 1 + Europe 16+ playoffs 1 will make it 48 countries.

Aw true is dis?
Africa should get 10 hopefully not 9
We just unlocked new levels - semifinals
This was how it was done in the past
Since the tournament would be longer, the list of players should be increased to 30 max
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2022
Amedino99:
the Nigerian born players really have no other option. What I'm saying is that compared to those countries, the SE brand is less attractive. Some are just based on their identity. Most of them see themselves as English, swiss or German. Being connected to Nigeria is just jara for them.

that's the issue...

unlike the Moroccan players who see themselves as Moroccan first and being connected to their country of birth is just jara for them why don't the foreign born Nigerians see themselves as Nigerian first and their country of birth as jara for them...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:00am On Dec 13, 2022
Nigeria is presently the most valuable team in Africa.
The Super Eagles brand is very attractive! Aina, Iwobi, Bassey, Aribo, Lookman, Osayi, Akpoguma are Nigeria born? How do you mean the SE brand is less attractive? Even Eze went to our Pre 2014 world cup camp. If Spain or Holland had invited Ziyech or Hakimi do you think they will choose Morroco?
We have many foreign borns that are willing to play for but we really do not need them.
Amedino99:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:18am On Dec 13, 2022
gustav25:

Has your stand changed ?

Iheanacho would have scored that pen grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2022
Wait oo, Finidi George? grin

The same Finidi George that was dragging jersey with Moses Simon? That Finidi George?

Kai, who did this thing to Nigerians? grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2022
Make Una continue, I Dey enjoy every post. Both finidi, Amuneke, peseiro, the fights, fake predictions, the swears everything.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2022
COOL10:
Wait oo, Finidi George? grin

The same Finidi George that was dragging jersey with Moses Simon? That Finidi George?

Kai, who did this thing to Nigerians? grin
How does dragging jersey reduces his coaching abilities?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2022
Joezinho:

Words on a marble.

genuine question, why don’t you want him?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:29am On Dec 13, 2022
This thread no dey ever disappoint,

Nah Sidon look, lagging, jump am pass, I dey since like dis, And e sweet pass kulikuli and Fura cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 13, 2022
Compliments of the season to everyone and their families. Wish us all the best this season and may all our dreams come true in the new year beyond what we imagined.
2023 will be a good year for our football. All our cries today will turn to laughter next year. Make una relax.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tinneh: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2022
Robnectar:

U mail me, can't receive the mail that link to this account, howfar nah
Disregard it, my account was tampered with, I just recovered it now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Robnectar(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2022
Tinneh:

Disregard it, my account was tampered with, I just recovered it now

Alright man cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2022
Marjoribanks:
The Super Eagles brand is very attractive! Aina, Iwobi, Bassey, Aribo, Lookman, Osayi, Akpoguma are Nigeria born? How do you mean the SE brand is less attractive? Even Eze went to our Pre 2014 world cup camp. If Spain or Holland had invited Ziyech or Hakimi do you think they will choose Morroco?
We have many foreign borns that are willing to play for but we really do not need them.
Hakimi chose Morocco over Spain, I read an article where he said his heart was with Morocco. Considering Ziyech's exploits at Ajax, I daresay he would have made the Dutch team too. Na Chelsea spoil im market small.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Kog45:
Good to have you back egbon.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ogochuks101: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Marjoribanks:
Hakimi rejected Spain though
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:43pm On Dec 13, 2022
jihday:
genuine question, why don’t you want him?

Sincerely I don’t know

Like say na modric,ronaldinho kind of players we get for midfield

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13995) (13996) (13997) (13998) (13999) (14000) (14001) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Amedino99(m), Philosopher1979, Lyster360 and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.