Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14019) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11695289 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14016) (14017) (14018) (14019) (14020) (14021) (14022) ... (16158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
What Pele could do with a football with both feet, not even Maradona came close. It is not an exaggeration... it is facts.

Pele was and remains the most complete footballer ever to grace the beautiful game. The perfect mix of Athleticism, Unlimited Technique, Limitlessly Supreme Ball intelligence, Power, Speed, Spatial awareness and more.

His ambipedality on the ball in technique, control and even his goals is the most complete I have ever studied in football history.

He was as powerfully assertive, technically majestic and in total ball control across all in-game phases with his right foot as he was with his left foot.

Maradona wasn't like that. He was majorly left footed.

Messi is also majorly left footed.

CR7 doesn't boast the high-end technical might of Maradona and Messi not to mention Pele himself.

Everything that everyone of these top ballers from Maradona to Messi to Zidane to Ronaldo de lima to Ronaldinho to CR7 to Neymar did with a ball, Pele did it first. Do you know how insane that is?

He didn't have any highlights reel to reference. He invented almost all on the spot. These guys came later and replicated it and didn't even replicate all of Pele's Magic.

If there is anything I would have wanted, it is to have lived during the era of Pele to witness first hand all and more of the magic he dished out then. because the truth is even the clips, Videos and different report accounts dont show all of it.

Watch these clips below and understand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYokNMEgRvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbZmkfelfw (Watch this directly in the YT app).

Respect to the GOAT of GOATs abeg. That you didn't watch him then doesn't erase historical facts.

Abeg Loud am ooo!!! This Messi generation thinks Messi is the greatest. He is not. There is only one King!!! Pele!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
chrisooblog:
If Griezmann was so good why did they let him go at a loss?

I've never said Griezmann is not a good player but hyping his contributions ahead of Mbappe is an agenda that will not fly.

Actually, His contribution to the french team is higher than Mbappe's and Messi's in this very World cup. His crime is not scoring. He's outdone many legends in just one. WC appearance, maradona inclusive, except Goals.

It's no agenda. It's a fact! Considering how Deschamps is using him again, the more the merrier. He is in contention for MVP. He's totally earned it, especially for someone playing deep and still best attacking threat for France again.

All this makes me realize how Deschamps is so underrated by all. He respects the natural roles of his players and deploys them mostly that way. He definitely saw something extra in Griezz that made him get this new role.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
Gberaaaa, Enyimba and geng!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
jihday:
you don’t have to believe everything you see on the internet
Okay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
Nigeria & Morocco are the two African nations with the most clean sheets in FIFA World Cup history (7) �� ��

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
What Pele could do with a football with both feet, not even Maradona came close. It is not an exaggeration... it is facts.

Pele was and remains the most complete footballer ever to grace the beautiful game. The perfect mix of Athleticism, Unlimited Technique, Limitlessly Supreme Ball intelligence, Power, Speed, Spatial awareness and more.

His ambipedality on the ball in technique, control and even his goals is the most complete I have ever studied in football history.

He was as powerfully assertive, technically majestic and in total ball control across all in-game phases with his right foot as he was with his left foot.

CR7 doesn't boast the high-end technical might of Maradona and Messi not to mention Pele himself.

Everything that everyone of these top ballers from Maradona to Messi to Zidane to Ronaldo de lima to Ronaldinho to CR7 to Neymar did with a ball, Pele did it first. Do you know how insane that is?

He didn't have any highlights reel to reference. He invented almost all on the spot. These guys came later and replicated it and didn't even replicate all of Pele's Magic.

If there is anything I would have wanted, it is to have lived during the era of Pele to witness first hand all and more of the magic he dished out then. because the truth is even the clips, Videos and different report accounts dont show all of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VbZmkfelfw (Watch this directly in the YT app).

Respect to the GOAT of GOATs abeg. That you didn't watch him then doesn't erase historical facts.

I THINK THE ISSUE IS THAT MOST PEOPLE ARE NOT AWARE
THAT THE SOUTH AMERICAN LEAGUE WAS EITHER AT PAR WITH THE EUROPEAN LEAGUE OR EVEN BETTER
SO THE FACT THAT HE DID NOT PLAY IN EUROPE CONFUSES THEM
PEOPLE FORGET THAT UNTIL THE 90'S SOUTH AMERICAN LEAGUES WERE AT THE SAME LEVEL AS EUROPEAN LEAGUES
EVEN NOW THE DIFFERENCE IS NOT THAT CLEAR
IF ALL THE BRAZILIAN PLAYERS RETURN TO SAO PAULO LETS SEE THE EUROPEAN TEAM THAT WILL BEAT THEM
TO A LARGE EXTENT IT WAS THE SOUTH AMERICANS THAT REALLY BROUGHT OUT THE BEAUTY OF FOOTBALL AND REINVENTED IT
I DARE SAY THESE SOUTH AMERICANS MADE FOOTBALL BEAUTIFUL AND MARKETABLE

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
elyte89:

Nigeria no ever Dey fifa na

Till date i no really grab. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

People also forget the texture of the ball. Mwssi and Ronaldo no fit use that kind ball do most of what they do today. That heavy ball!!

I expected a lot of things but not a day that Pele will be brought so low to justify Messi!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
@Emboldened... This right here! Well said Dave.

Exactly why I said Deschamps' only positive is that he picks his squad right. But how to flexibly run with them tactically, this is where he falls short due to his predoimnant conservative approach despite the ultra-insane attacking and creative quality of the French side. And it is this OVERquality in the side that nicely papers over that crack.

daveP:

Actually, His contribution to the french team is higher than Mbappe's and Messi's in this very World cup. His crime is not scoring. He's outdone many legends in just one. WC appearance, maradona inclusive, except Goals.

It's no agenda. It's a fact! Considering how Deschamps is using him again, the more the merrier. He is in contention for MVP. He's totally earned it, especially for someone playing deep and still best attacking threat for France again.

All this makes me realize how Deschamps is so underrated by all. He respects the natural roles of his players and deploys them mostly that way. He definitely saw something extra in Griezz that made him get this new role.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Vic2Ree(m): 12:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
elyte89:

Nigeria no ever Dey fifa na

They used to be in the 2000s. FIFA 04 to 09. Dunno what happened after that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:55pm On Dec 16, 2022
Undoubtedly.

Age wise, I should belong to this Messi-CR7 generation and when it comes to picking the GOAT, I should be in either camps but I am not like that. I love to study and REALLY KNOW. I love to research deeper than what have been served to know who truly is the GOAT of football.

My research led me to Edson Arantes Dos Nascimento, AKA Pele.

I am glad to have seen Messi and CR7 from the start but mehn... everything I have seen, watched, enjoyed from these two is still dwarfed by the Pure Unadulterated Magic or Miracle that was Pele.

I always wondered why I didn't exist in Pele's time. I really would have loved that. But then Football gave us Messi and CR7 as compensation and before that Maradona to show us whole glimpses of what Pele was.

Pele was too complete. Messi and Ronaldo are like breakaway variations of the player Pele was.

Ronaldo is predominantly all about Athleticism, Speed, Power and Finishing.

Messi is predominantly all about High technical ability, Ball intelligence, Spatial IQ and Creativity.

Maradona was is also a god of the game, a predominantly one-footed god but Pele, the two-footed god transcends in every way.

Pele was the perfect footballer who had all of these and more.

No one like him have come up again. No one. Only players close have come. But none above him and none that matches him in Everything.

Truidstar:

Abeg Loud am ooo!!! This Messi generation thinks Messi is the greatest. He is not. There is only one King!!! Pele!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:07pm On Dec 16, 2022
daveP:
A podcast with some excerpts from an old book i didn't catch the title.
OK my bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:08pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
@Emboldened... This right here! Well said Dave.

Exactly why I said Deschamps' only positive is that he picks his squad right. But how to flexibly run with them tactically, this is where he falls short due to his predoimnant conservative approach despite the ultra-insane attacking and creative quality of the French side. And it is this OVERquality in the side that nicely papers over that crack.

If he wants to play possession football, Saliba dey to effect the point from defence. He even has the best squad for Counters. It's a big blessing to have such overquality. But i believe he influences the tactics mostly during the 1st half. That Tchou goal vs England is a flow of his setup.

Our team have suffered from the fix in problem that natural roles are now scarce. If they kon sabi their moves again.... Bigger blessing. France should take this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Undoubtedly.

Age wise, I should belong to this Messi-CR7 generation and when it comes to picking the GOAT, I should be in either camps but I am not like that. I love to study and REALLY KNOW. I love to research deeper than what have been served to know who truly is the GOAT of football.

I am glad to have seen Messi and CR7 from the start but mehn... everything I have seen, watched, enjoyed from these two is still dwarfed by the Pure Unadulterated Magic or Miracle that was Pele.

I always wondered why I didn't exist in Pele's time. I really would have loved that. But then Football gave us Messi and CR7 as compensation and before that Maradona to show us whole glimpses of what Pele was.

Pele was too complete. Messi and Ronaldo are like breakaway variations of the player Pele was.

Messi is predominantly all about High technical ability, Ball intelligence, Spatial IQ and Creativity.

Maradona was is also a god of the game, a predominantly one-footed god but Pele, the two-footed god transcends in every way.

No one like him have come up again. No one. Only players close have come. But none above him and none that matches him in Everything.

Young man, you will be a very brilliant person. Are you working in academia or something.
I beleive you should be a lecturer or a research scientist of some sort.
Your analysis are allways intelligent and on spot
So where are working now.
I hope it is in academia or research
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 2:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Time for us to statpad against San Marino and Cambodia

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:29pm On Dec 16, 2022
Aston Villa youngster Tim Iroegbunam is weighing up his options.

Iroegbunam is currently on-loan with QPR.

The Athletic says some 'elite clubs' have put the player on their 'watchlist' with interest growing in the youngster.

The report does add that Villa have 'no plans' to sell Iroegbunam as he continues to develop into a Premier League player. The midfielder has four years remaining on his deal at Villa Park, meaning that the club is under no pressure to sell even if clubs do come calling in the next couple of years.

Speaking about the player back in October, former QPR boss Beale was excited by the future that Iroegbunam has ahead of him.

“Tim is really enjoying it, we're enjoying having him and we can all see he is a player with a big future in front of him," he said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
The Argentines did not win the midfield battle. All their goals came for counter attack. The Croat underestimated the Argentines by pushing too many men forward while leaving the defense open. Nevertheless, you comparing, Rabiot, Tcho and Greizman trio to33 year old Modric, bench warmer Kovacic is laughable!
mostob:
A Midfield that held off the trio of Modric, Brozovic and Kovacic will be overrun because of Rabiot?
Not all teams play with a traditional 9.
Abeg recheck from Oracle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2022
Marjoribanks:
The Argentines did not win the midfield battle. All their goals came for counter attack. The Croat underestimated the Argentines by pushing too many men forward while leaving the defense open. Nevertheless, you comparing, Rabiot, Tcho and Greizman trio to33 year old Modric, bench warmer Kovacic is laughable!
The first goal didn't come from a counter attack. It was a looped ball from midfield to Alvarez before he was fouled by croatia's goalkeeper. The last was from a brilliant piece of messi magic turning gvardiol inside out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:
Undoubtedly.

All what you are saying won't really matter if messi finally gets his hand on the trophy. That singular missing achievement would propel him to the best player in football history even above Pele that hardly anyone here watched. Research can't beat eye witness in this case.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
BronzeTiger:

All what you are saying won't really matter if messi finally gets his hand on the trophy. That singular missing achievement would propel him to the best player in football history even above Pele that hardly anyone here watched. Research can't beat eye witness.
What is this shocked

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2022
Truidstar:

Respect!!!!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BronzeTiger: 3:01pm On Dec 16, 2022
Odunayaw:
What is this shocked
Did you watch Pele play?
So much talk about how heavy the ball is, how players were clattered, how there was no social media to boost players profiles but nothing about how loose the offside rules were in those stone ages, food science for players to take better care of themselves see modric playing till 37 now, better academies to churn out players, advanced tactics, VAR, goal line technology and also social media and the mainstream media always there to criticize you to suicidal thoughts once a known player has a bad game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 3:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
charlesemeka85:
no disrespect to Pele but maradona is my best of all time

Diego was a hell of a baller. Too damn skillful and intelligent on the ball amongst his peers/generation
For me I'm just fascinated with his character. He was just wild. He had personality. Messi is flat. Maradona himself once told Pele that Messi has no personality which is true. Messi is quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llktgY7ppBI

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:25pm On Dec 16, 2022
Vic2Ree:

They used to be in the 2000s. FIFA 04 to 09. Dunno what happened after that.

U sure say no b all dis Alaba made fifa games?

Cos officially I av never seen nigeria on fifa games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2022
Mujtahida:

For me I'm just fascinated with his character. He was just wild. He had personality. Messi is flat. Maradona himself once told Pele that Messi has no personality which is true. Messi is quiet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llktgY7ppBI
Until the dutch guys provoked him. But I think there was a copa America where against Chile where Messi got a red.card for some kungfu or something like that. In this world cup, Messi has shown leadership and really led this current team and the Copa America winning one too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
andrewbaba44:
My top 5 players at the World Cup in order

Messi
Mbappe
Griezman
Gvardiol
Amrabat

Honorable mentions ,Modric,Bruno ,hakimi ,bonou,Julian Alvarez

Na so

He is not winning it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
Blueelf:

Na so

He is not winning it

cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
Truidstar:

This generation thinks Messi is the greatest ,not this Messi generation bro

99 percent of people right now didn’t watch pele live on tv ,don’t blame anyone ,still not taking anything from the great pele
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

You are spot on ,but I no go gree grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2022
BronzeTiger:

Did you watch Pele play?
So much talk about how heavy the ball is, how players were clattered, how there was no social media to boost players profiles but nothing about how loose the offside rules were in those stone ages, food science for players to take better care of themselves see modric playing till 37 now, better academies to churn out players, advanced tactics, VAR, goal line technology and also social media and the mainstream media always there to criticize you to suicidal thoughts once a known player has a bad game.
Offside rules were loose?

grin This is how I know you are arguing for the fun of it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LordTheus(m): 4:10pm On Dec 16, 2022
BronzeTiger:

All what you are saying won't really matter if messi finally gets his hand on the trophy. That singular missing achievement would propel him to the best player in football history even above Pele that hardly anyone here watched. Research can't beat eye witness in this case.

Which eye witness? You?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LordTheus(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2022
elyte89:

U sure say no b all dis Alaba made fifa games?

Cos officially I av never seen nigeria on fifa games

The fact that you never saw it yourself doesn't mean it never happened. Your post tells me that you just started playing FIFA more recently and didn't play the much older games. Did you know the FIFA series dates back to the 90s? The Nigerian national foootball team was a regular in the early 2000 editions of the EA Sports FIFA series. I can confirm this myself having played FIFA Football 2004, FIFA 07 and FIFA 08. Unfortunately my PSP no longer functions, if not I'd have taken pictures to show you perhaps. I think Nigeria stopped featuring around FIFA 11 or 12. Maybe it's licensing issues, I don't know.

This is Vic2Ree btw

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14016) (14017) (14018) (14019) (14020) (14021) (14022) ... (16158) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m), elyte89, Napoleon55(m), chrisooblog, Nomyth, Jefersoun and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.