Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,591 members, 7,820,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14096) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700240 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14093) (14094) (14095) (14096) (14097) (14098) (14099) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
do4luv14:

Sir, you are forgetting one name, Fregene Nicknamed the Cat,

forgot his full name,

Peter Fregene

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:57pm On Jan 09, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Hehehehehehe... Eldership with a limit.

Our Arch Guardians of the Halls of Experience get Experience limit afterall. grin grin

Haha and the worst thing then be say no YouTube to watch highlights. Na only wetin NTA fit show us many years after we Sabi.

Honestly, national team football was something else back then, even within Africa. Likes of Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana (of the 70s) and Cameroon were always huge obstacles but Naija dey fit challenge dem Wella sha, especially in the 80s. In the 70s we never Sabi play like that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
Victor Osimhen and the Weah Serie A Goals Record

George Weah scored 46 goals in 114 Serie A games (108 starts) all in the colors of AC Milan.

Victor Osimhen is currently on 34 goals in 64 Serie A games (51 starts).

He only needs 13 more goals to overtake The Great and Super Legendary George Weah.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Okoye was one of the best goalkeepers in the dutch league. That is not a small feat. Agbonabare was nicknamed Agbonibasket, Shorunmu cost us AFCON 2000 and 2002, Dosu was average at best at Atlanta, Agu was one of the worst Nigerian goalkeeper in history! Only Okala, Best, Vincent, Opara, and Carl can be rated ahead of Okoye!
Kog45:
Chief,a veteran like you rate Okoye,not possible.... you wey don see Best Ogedegbe,Peter Rufai,Wilfred Agbonabare,Alloy Agu,Willy Opara,Ike Shorunmu,Joseph Dosu,all time best Vincent Enyeama and little of Carl Ikeme.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Looolll... 60s, 70s we still never sabi anything for football but our first Afcon medal came in 1976. So I guess that is what really kicked off our rise in the continent. Late 70s which spilled over into the 80s and before the Golden Generation era of the 90s.

The Likes of the mercurial Haruna Ilerika, Baba Otu Mohammed and the sharp shooter Thompson Usiyen were key parts of that legendary 76 team. That 76 team try shaa. I call them legendary because they gave us our first of many senior continental medals. Their generation pioneered our rise in continental football.

Dad, U elders dey do well nonetheless, even with the limit. grin Cheers.

Arch-Guardianship still very much secured with you and Elder Kog45. Our Experience halls stay blessed. wink

Icon4s:

Haha and the worst thing then be say no YouTube to watch highlights. Na only wetin NTA fit show us many years after we Sabi.

Honestly, national team football was something else back then, even within Africa. Likes of Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Ghana (of the 70s) and Cameroon were always huge obstacles but Naija dey fit challenge dem Wella sha, especially in the 80s. In the 70s we never Sabi play like that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 6:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Baruwa and Agbim?
AndSunGorilla:

Egbon you don make me vex, why you no list David Ngodigha, Christian Obi, Abiodun Baruwa (omo Alhaja), Chigozie Agbim, I no like your partial o sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Emmy450:
hmmm, Napoli always fumbles when it matters the most, I pray for him Napoli tho

I am praying so hard for them despite ac millan being my favorite Italian team

Victor osimhen need to win a league title at this point of his career

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
Kog45:
Oga Charles,I can say much about Yak,right from Okomu Oil fc to Julius Berger fc and when he was in U23 camp in Ilorin.He looked lazy without ball but very deadly inside box but that missed against South Korea is the worst in World Cup history and it negate his profile as a good CF and Nigerians till today didn't forgive him

Nigerians opinion doesn’t matter

Yak paid his dues and is among the top African players to grace the epl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Breaking: Gareth Bale retires from Club and International football. Leaves football action, as a player, entirely.

Under appreciated at Madrid

A very good player and one of British best ever

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2023
With a fit Oshimen. Napoli will win it this time!
andrewbaba44:

I am praying so hard for them despite ac millan being my favorite Italian team

Victor osimhen need to win a league title at this point of his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2023
He does not need to score against those teams to prove himself!
A striker does not score in every games.
He has scored 10 non penalty goals
He scored a worldy against Roma!
He is the most sought after striker in the world!
yinkeys:

Osimhen is a world class striker now
It’d be poor in my opinion to rate his performance against mediocre and lowly rated teams
We should rate him when Napoli plays Europe’s or Italy’s elites
Let’s see what & how he does against Juve, inter, Roma, Milan
Sampdoria were never a match for this day Napoli
How would he regularly fare against the big boys smiley
After 17 matches they’ve got same points with Arsenal in England lol
Will the Scudetto final come to Naples ?
Does Napoli fold against the big boys ?
Will Osimhen win the Serie A golden boot?
Is he always lethal against the elites like Mbappe for example ?
Only time will tell smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Looolll... 60s, 70s we still never sabi anything for football but our first Afcon medal came in 1976. So I guess that is what really kicked off our rise in the continent. Late 70s which spilled over into the 80s and before the Golden Generation era of the 90s.

The Likes of the mercurial Haruna Ilerika, Baba Otu Mohammed and the sharp shooter Thompson Usiyen were key parts of that legendary 76 team. That 76 team try shaa. I call them legendary because they gave us our first of many senior continental medals. Their generation pioneered our rise in continental football.

Dad, U elders dey do well nonetheless, even with the limit. grin Cheers.

Arch-Guardianship still very much secured with you and Elder Kog45. Our Experience halls stay blessed. wink

Google has really been your friend grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Osimhen and the Weah Serie A Goals Record

George Weah scored 46 goals in 114 Serie A games (108 starts) all in the colors of AC Milan.

Victor Osimhen is currently on 34 goals in 64 Serie A games (51 starts).

He only needs 13 more goals to overtake The Great and Super Legendary George Weah.

Hmmm.... good Goals to game ratio. However, he is yet to live up to expectations at the national team level. Na that one matter for me pass.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lol... It is not Google. I know these names and history naturally.

Is this the first time I discuss Nigerian football of the past? Is this the first time I mention Thompson Usiyen?

So no, it is not Google. It is a fantastic memory of the words of my football fore fathers and my early football history lesson/research days as a young boy.

PS: Back in 2016 or so, I remember meeting a schooled football oldie on my visit to a rural community in the East and we got talking about Football of the past and he was stunned at how much I had to contribute despite being a youngster.

So this goes beyond Google. What someone knows, he just knows. wink

Icon4s:

Google has really been your friend grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... It is not Google. I know these names and history naturally.

Is this the first time I discuss Nigerian football of the past? Is this the first time I mention Thompson Usiyen?

So no, it is not Google. It is a fantastic memory of the words of my football fore fathers and my early football history lesson/research days as a young boy.

Ok, I believe you, 'The Super Nerd' wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lol... Hard to believe for many. But I bet that Grand Football elder in Anambra state I met in 2016 or so would bear me witness. wink

Icon4s:

Ok, I believe you, 'The Super Nerd' wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/ac-milan-transfer-sheffield-wednesday-25932281

Fisayo dele bashiru linked with a shock move to AC Milan. Besiktas, Antalayspor and PSV Eindhoven interested too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:02pm On Jan 09, 2023
Cyriel Dessers and Cremonese are not finding it good at the moment away at Hellas Verona.

Not watching but they are already 2-0 down with 28mins played.

David Okereke benched for today.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2023
MainJoe:

I doubt you understood what you posted. The accuracy of MRI is not in doubt due to its accuracy despite racial, environmental and nutritional factors.

99% accuracy is not beans. Stop spreading falsehood and claiming integrity.

Finito.

I have nothing more to say to you .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2023
Onuachu, The Goals Lord of Belgium

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Naija lads dominating the Top Scorers Chart across Europe's Top 5 leagues

Victor Osimhen - 10 (Serie A), Top Scorer.
Ademola Lookman- 7 (Serie A), Joint 3rd.
Terem Moffi- 10 (Ligue 1), Joint 3rd.
*Folarin Balogun- 10 (Ligue 1), Joint 3rd.

Outside Euro Top 5:

Paul Onuachu- 14 (Jupiler Pro League), Top Scorer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2023
charlesemeka85:
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/ac-milan-transfer-sheffield-wednesday-25932281

Fisayo dele bashiru linked with a shock move to AC Milan. Besiktas, Antalayspor and PSV Eindhoven interested too

But league one players are too low for the SE.

We will rather collect a Midfielder who has been on consistent continuous downward spiral into different levels of MEDIOCRITY. That some call Maestro of the midfield , wallowing in obscurity in the very lower percentile of the Segunda division .

I remember Fisayo in a game against Liverpool U21 over 2 years ago.

He was running the midfield and to be honest Harvey got rinsed in and out and resorted to shirt pulling.

Knew he was very good but wasn't sure he was going to get opportunity to develop and improve.

AC Milan recruitment is intensively detailed and thorough I know this from when Jedi was at Wigan Athletic and he failed a medical at Milan. They would have been looking at him for probably 4+ years.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:28pm On Jan 09, 2023
komekn:

But league one players are too low for the SE.

We will rather collect a Midfielder who has been on consistent continuous downward spiral into different levels of MEDIOCRITY. That some call Maestro of the midfield , wallowing in obscurity in the very lower percentile of the Segunda division .

I remember Fisayo in a game against Liverpool U21 over 2 years ago.

He was running the midfield and to be honest Harvey got rinsed in and out and resorted to shirt pulling.

Knew he was very good but wasn't sure he was going to get opportunity to develop and improve.
league one player been linked with a move to serie A champions as reported by skysports while our maestro with jaw dropping stats in laliga 2 this season is yet to be noticed by any reasonable club cheesy

Mk we still dey wait

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Akwa United vs Bendel Insurance

Good football with the away team winning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S3w0wDAAPs

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
komekn:

I have nothing more to say to you .
I'll be surprised if you have.

Simple question... Can you prove that a 21-year old can pass MRI? Na so so story una dey type everywhere.

Anyway, why have you refused to respond to my question concerning Moffi? Running away with your tail behind your legs already?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:45pm On Jan 09, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Okoye was one of the best goalkeepers in the dutch league. That is not a small feat. Agbonabare was nicknamed Agbonibasket, Shorunmu cost us AFCON 2000 and 2002, Dosu was average at best at Atlanta, Agu was one of the worst Nigerian goalkeeper in history! Only Okala, Best, Vincent, Opara, and Carl can be rated ahead of Okoye!
My marjori,Agbonabare was named Agbonibasket when he conceded five goals in a match keeping for NNB during WAFU cup.The man damn good and his records are there in Spanish La liga.He was the first Nigerian keeper to break into top five league in the world and was instrumental to our qualification to first World Cup... I remember 2000 Afcon was decided with penalties,I never rate Shorunmu but he was far better than Okoye... If we can get keeper of Dosu standard in present day NPFL then bye bye to Okoye.... Oh Alloy Agu the keeper I never respected but I saw him in Dutch league with Maastricht and did well.He was in goal in Algiers 90 and Senegal 92 and his performance though average was better from what i saw of Okoye in Afcon and any match he has kept for Nigeria....Pls just tell me any SE match that Okoye show that glimpse of a real national team keeper.

**Haba,pls go into archive and read about Wilfred Agbonabare,a la liga keeper with over 170 appearances for Rayo Vallecano,apart from Vincent Enyeama no Nigerian keeper had such record in top five league and saying Okoye is better cos of Dutch league.Dutch league that very poor Alloy Agu survived and Peter Rufai went there to revive his career.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:58pm On Jan 09, 2023
Update on Emmanuel Amunike's Technical Consultant Job with Zanaco: How it is going so far

Cc TheGoodJoe (Great Job on the MRI discussions by the way. I just no wan put mouth because it is obvious I would be wasting precious time schooling those misinformed lots. Good Job Sir Joe). wink

So Zanaco now sits 4th in the Zambian Super League after they won their last league fixture 2-0.

Since Amunike took up his role as Technical consultant to Zanaco's Technical crew, they have played 13 league games losing only once.

5 wins, 7 draws, 1 loss. And now in 4th position (a continental spot).

Recall that before Amunike came in, Zanaco had played 5 games in the ongoing league season losing 3 games.

This is just to say, our man is still doing well in Zambia. grin

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2023
Who will believe a fraud! lol! Forefather my foot!
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Hard to believe for many. But I bet that Grand Football elder in Anambra state I met in 2016 or so would bear me witness. wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2023
Okay, Oga Kog!
Kog45:
My marjori,Agbonabare was named Agbonibasket when he conceded five goals in a match keeping for NNB during WAFU cup.The man damn good and his records are there in Spanish La liga.He was the first Nigerian keeper to break into top five league in the world and was instrumental to our qualification to first World Cup... I remember 2000 Afcon was decided with penalties,I never rate Shorunmu but he was far better than Okoye... If we can get keeper of Dosu standard in present day NPFL then bye bye to Okoye.... Oh Alloy Agu the keeper I never respected but I saw him in Dutch league with Maastricht and did well.He was in goal in Algiers 90 and Senegal 92 and his performance though average was better from what i saw of Okoye in Afcon and any match he has kept for Nigeria....Pls just tell me any SE match that Okoye show that glimpse of a real national team keeper.

**Haba,pls go into archive and read about Wilfred Agbonabare,a la liga keeper with over 170 appearances for Rayo Vallecano,apart from Vincent Enyeama no Nigerian keeper had such record in top five league and saying Okoye is better cos of Dutch league.Dutch league that very poor Alloy Agu survived and Peter Rufai went there to revive his career.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 8:16pm On Jan 09, 2023
Komekn can you see? Where are your Senegalese?
I give you this one, Olodo Doctor. You try small!
TheSuperNerd:
Naija lads dominating the Top Scorers Chart across Europe's Top 5 leagues

Victor Osimhen - 10 (Serie A), Top Scorer.
Ademola Lookman- 7 (Serie A), Joint 3rd.
Terem Moffi- 10 (Ligue 1), Joint 3rd.
*Folarin Balogun- 10 (Ligue 1), Joint 3rd.

Outside Euro Top 5:

Paul Onuachu- 14 (Jupiler Pro League), Top Scorer.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Current Czech First League champions FC Viktoria Plzeň have announced the signing of young Nigerian striker Rafiu Adekunle Durosinmi. The 20-year-old Nigerian forward comes on a six-month loan deal with an option to buy from second division side Karviná.

"I am happy that I got such a chance. I watched Victoria's matches in the Champions League, they are a really big team and I have to do my best to be able to make it," Durosinmi said.

A product of Box2Box FC in Lagos, Nigeria's largest city, he came to Czech Republic two years ago and went through the Karviné youth academy, where he subsequently made it to the first team.

#NaijaFootballers

(1) (2) (3) ... (14093) (14094) (14095) (14096) (14097) (14098) (14099) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.