Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11594922 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14134) (14135) (14136) (14137) (14138) (14139) (14140) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08am On Jan 19, 2023
Man Utd fans today... grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:18am On Jan 19, 2023
Chris Wood to Nottingham in progress: That's bad news for Awo and Dennis if it goes through...

The Workrate of the Nottingham recruitment team is really incredible. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 12:24am On Jan 19, 2023
You did not get the joke. I didn't intend to post any article. How many top 4 teams in the top 5 major leagues use tiki-taka? Don't use stats "they are taking over", "top of the league" blablabla. cheesy grin. Bullshit. The season is not over. Come to me at the end of the season when we have a better picture. Before we continue, how many coaches in the past 10 years have consistently deployed the tiki-taka system?
TheGoodJoe:

Why do you like asking questions? Just make your point. By the way, I wonder where you got your far far better. Either way, post your article let me read and give you a feedback, if you can't do the same.

By the way, dead or dying is not true.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:54am On Jan 19, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Taiwo Awoniyi may now be out for close to eight weeks with the groin injury he suffered against Southampton.
Just when he hit form and produced back to back MOTM performances. Anyways, any winches flying and planning evil for Awoniyi, I declare DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:43am On Jan 19, 2023
benji93:
You did not get the joke. I didn't intend to post any article. How many top 4 teams in the top 5 major leagues use tiki-taka? Don't use stats "they are taking over", "top of the league" blablabla. cheesy grin. Bullshit. The season is not over. Come to me at the end of the season when we have a better picture. Before we continue, how many coaches in the past 10 years have consistently deployed the tiki-taka system?

I didn't ask you one question to make my point. By the way, the system is not dying if the current Champions of the Premier League are using the system and won the league four times in five seasons.

It is not by how many but how effective.

Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:44am On Jan 19, 2023
charlesemeka85:
But our players are doing well in Europe’s top league this season

Osimhen- excellent
Lookman- excellent
Moffi- excellent
Onuachu- excellent
Iwobi- good
Samu- good
Onyedika- good
Awoniyi- average(though his first season in epl)
Bassey- good
Alhassan- average
Osayi- good
Zaidu- good (prior to his injury)
Bruno- good
Ndidi- average( just returned from injury)
Akpoguma- average
Ebuehi- average
Simon- good

My personal rating so far

I would add to that list in the HERE and NOW Chuba Akpom.

However, I really wonder if this is not a one season wonder season and next season irrespective of league he will be anonymous again.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58am On Jan 19, 2023
komekn:

I know that you have a never ending fixation with my person.

You should understand that Perception doesn't constitute a fact or truth.You birth a narrative and to support it you resort to misrepresentation and outright lies.

Your approach is typical illusion of truth effect, essentially if l continually say something it will eventually become accepted.

What you have presented is nonsensical, when a text is taken out context it becomes a CON an act of misrepresentation.

The vast majority of posts here are responsive, a rebuttal of sorts to a claim, view and or opinion. Therefore, to show integrity (but then you don't have any) you should put the date of the post as well as the post it is being addressed to. That creates context and clarity.

I will not go on a merry go round of misrepresentation with you, on matters of 4/5 years ago.

So I will simply repost what I ALREADY said on this matter 3/4 years ago.

Evasion as usual.... Nothing coherent said.. just a man who shamelessly can't admit his mistake and apologize...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:14am On Jan 19, 2023
komekn:

I would add to that list in the HERE and NOW Chuba Akpom.

However, I really wonder if this is not a one season wonder season and next season irrespective of league he will be anonymous again.
na top league players I rated
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:23am On Jan 19, 2023
charlesemeka85:
add Akpom and Nwakali hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44am On Jan 19, 2023
Winter Transfer News: Ovie Ejeheri joins SJK in the Finnish Top flight from Chelmsford in the National league South.

The 19y/o Nigeria-eligible GK featured for Chelmsford City in the first part of the season on loan from Parent club, Arsenal.

Now, like Arthur, Arsenal has secured him a loan outside England for the second part of the season.

It is also reported by Ornstein that Nigeria is ahead of Uganda and England as regards Ejeheri's international allegiance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:07am On Jan 19, 2023
cheesy
maidaboi:
add Akpom and Nwakali hahaha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:12am On Jan 19, 2023
mostob:
On a light note, why do all these Pep's students wear black sef? Been noticing it since.

black is a corporate and official color...

it absorbs heat and good for places that have cold weather..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:19am On Jan 19, 2023
Winter Transfer News: Forward, Victor Olatunji joins Czech side, Slovan Liberec from AEK Larnaca, Cyprus

Unveiled and has already had first training with the team in their Malta camp ahead of the season's second half resumption.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:56am On Jan 19, 2023
Ac Milan starlet Victor Eletu interesting french ligue 1 side Monaco. Milan planning to tie him down with a longer contract once he turns 18 in April

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Jan 19, 2023
Moffi to West Ham isn't happening.

With West Ham signing Danny Ings, definitely Moffi isn't moving to East London this January. EOD.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:36am On Jan 19, 2023
Danielnino00:

Evasion as usual.... Nothing coherent said.. just a man who shamelessly can't admit his mistake and apologize...

Deceitful fraudster creating your own self birthed narrative, using primary school psychology.

You think if you keep repeating a LIE then you can create a truth . It's delusional, illusory truth effect keep repeating the lie to create a truth from Falsehood.

You NEVER quote my posts in context of the rebuttals response, and or the post o am responding too , you even omit the dates. That's a big CON taking text out of its context to support your false narrative.

You clearly lack the capacity and understanding to appreciate my write up , I apologize that it is incoherent to you. I assume certain level of education, I am clearly mistaken , where you are concerned.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Is Turkish league a TOP rated league ❓

Because the Turkish league is rated number 12 and the Scottish premier League is rated number 9 and the Scottish league is not better than the Championship.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2023
komekn:

Is Turkish league a TOP rated league ❓

Because the Turkish league is rated number 12 and the Scottish premier League is rated number 9 and the Scottish league is not better than the Championship.

what’s championship rating amongst top leagues in europe?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:49am On Jan 19, 2023
Exclusive: ‘Reasons For Shake-Up In Super Eagles, Falcons, Others’ Technical Crews’ – NFF President Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau

"We started with Super Eagles by trimming the backroom staff to a manageable number from the over 20 attained in the past during their last friendly in Portugal. This I must confess saved us millions of Naira that should have gone into payment of flight tickets and accommodation, as well as daily allowances and expenditures.

“These measures will also affect the Super Falcons, Falconets, Flamingos and the Olympic Eagles and other age-grade national teams. Henceforth, only four coaches will be attached to each of the national teams, but perhaps, the Super Eagles and Super Falcons getting some preferential treatment as the occasion demands.

“The issue of coaches cut across all national teams including the Super Eagles. We cannot be managing 7-8 coaches in a team. That is an invitation for chaos and it’s money-consuming. To this end, we have told some of the coaches that their services are no longer required while some may be redeployed, ” Gusau stated

The NFF boss who is in Algeria for the CHAN tournament as one of the officials revealed the pain of Nigeria’s absence from the biennial competition for players who feature in their respective countries’ domestic leagues

Gusau added: “It is a big miss that Nigeria did not qualify [for CHAN 2023], but we shall work very hard to ensure that we do not miss future tournaments again.”

#copied
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Exclusive: ‘Reasons For Shake-Up In Super Eagles, Falcons, Others’ Technical Crews’ – NFF President Alhaji Ibrahim Musa Gusau

"We started with Super Eagles by trimming the backroom staff to a manageable number from the over 20 attained in the past during their last friendly in Portugal. This I must confess saved us millions of Naira that should have gone into payment of flight tickets and accommodation, as well as daily allowances and expenditures.

“These measures will also affect the Super Falcons, Falconets, Flamingos and the Olympic Eagles and other age-grade national teams. Henceforth, only four coaches will be attached to each of the national teams, but perhaps, the Super Eagles and Super Falcons getting some preferential treatment as the occasion demands.

“The issue of coaches cut across all national teams including the Super Eagles. We cannot be managing 7-8 coaches in a team. That is an invitation for chaos and it’s money-consuming. To this end, we have told some of the coaches that their services are no longer required while some may be redeployed, ” Gusau stated

The NFF boss who is in Algeria for the CHAN tournament as one of the officials revealed the pain of Nigeria’s absence from the biennial competition for players who feature in their respective countries’ domestic leagues

Gusau added: “It is a big miss that Nigeria did not qualify [for CHAN 2023], but we shall work very hard to ensure that we do not miss future tournaments again.”

#copied

Why do I smell lies from this write up ,
Over 20 attained for a friendly against Just One country, Gusau, tell us something new pls,

I hope he is not doing this for something behind the stages
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2023
komekn:

Deceitful fraudster creating your own self birthed narrative, using primary school psychology.

You think if you keep repeating a LIE then you can create a truth . It's delusional, illusory truth effect keep repeating the lie to create a truth from Falsehood.

You NEVER quote my posts in context of the rebuttals response, and or the post o am responding too , you even omit the dates. That's a big CON taking text out of its context to support your false narrative.

You clearly lack the capacity and understanding to appreciate my write up , I apologize that it is incoherent to you. I assume certain level of education, I am clearly mistaken , where you are concerned.

More evasion...Wailing and gnashing of teeth from a supposed adult who isn't willing to accept his mistake and apologize...

Thankfully, I'm not alone... many people have dropped receipt of your the numerous hate and doomsday predictions you made in the past about several players here... Your matter na open case...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2023
cc: TheSuperNerd

It is effing Kompany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmtCVPCjZA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
With such kinda player that Olise is, complicated, weird, special, etc, i can bet that no local coach can effectively handle him off pitch. They'll probably fume at how his ways look "disrespectful" but be extremely happy when he performs on pitch, if he gets to rep Nigeria sha. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2023
Enyimba vs Akwa United

Enyimba got away with a clear pen IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHXmDFbMv-Y

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2023
Crystal Palace loans out Nigeria eligible winger Malcolm Ebiowei to championship side Hull city

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Chris Wood to Nottingham in progress: That's bad news for Awo and Dennis if it goes through...

The Workrate of the Nottingham recruitment team is really incredible. Na wa.

If they were competent there would have been no need to sign anymore strikers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ademola Lookman Hits a 2mins Brace as Atalanta currently leads 2-1 vs Spezia in the Coppa Italia Round of 16.

Game has seen 21mins played so far. 11 goals across all competitions now.

ADEFIIIIRREEEEE indeed! cool

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 3:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
You don start with your evasiveness. List the coaches in the top 5 leagues in Europe that have consistently deployed tiki-taka in the last 14 years.
TheGoodJoe:

I didn't ask you one question to make my point. By the way, the system is not dying if the current Champions of the Premier League are using the system and won the league four times in five seasons.

It is not by how many but how effective.

Finito.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:26pm On Jan 19, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
cc: TheSuperNerd

It is effing Kompany.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUmtCVPCjZA

Bloody hellingly beautiful!!! This is so so good! The authority and the message right in the middle of that tone of authority and communication to a team that Vince knows can be better and so far they are proving his right in the Championship.

Top notch! Already saved to my Organized YT playlists.

Thanks My Top Man GoodJoe.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2023
benji93:
You don start with your evasiveness. List the coaches in the top 5 leagues in Europe that have consistently deployed tiki-taka in the last 14 years.

LOL.

When Pep took Tiki Taka to another level, destroying some of the best coaches in the game. There were very limited coaches using the system.

The system was in its infancy with respect to the philosophy Pep was pushing, so from that perspective, hence very few coaches were using it, are you saying the system was dead?

This your question is the height of irrelevance. Number of coaches using is not in direct relation to its efficacy.

The best way to judge is the growth of the system and how coaches are adapting to it and succeeding.

You have seen disciples growing with it. That is a direct proof that the system is not dying.

LOL. 14 years ago.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dude is on fire when last did a Nigerian winger post double digits in a top 5 league? Utaka, Finidi? will have to check.

TheSuperNerd:
Ademola Lookman Hits a 2mins Brace as Atalanta currently leads 2-1 vs Spezia in the Coppa Italia Round of 16.

Game has seen 21mins played so far. 11 goals across all competitions now.

ADEFIIIIRREEEEE indeed! cool

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2023
chrisooblog:
Dude is on fire when last did a Nigerian winger post double digits in a top 5 league? Utaka, Finidi will have to check.

He is playing as a second striker tho

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14134) (14135) (14136) (14137) (14138) (14139) (14140) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.