Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,251 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11720295 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (16166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
I even heard Akpabio paid for chicks to warm up our boys before that South African game. SMH.

Musa's eyes sparked. shocked shocked shocked
Wa Lai Ta Lai. I need this kind of thing on a consistent basis.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Musa left his wife for one fine Calabar chick. The guy did not waste time.

When he said consistent basis, he meant consistent basis.

See wetin camping in Uyo don do Musa. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 3:40pm On Sep 04, 2017
HEY GUYS NO PRAYERS TODAY?? PLS SOMEONE SHOULD PRAY 4 D EAGLES #VICTORYISOURS #SILENTCREW
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2017
My 3rd choice keeper, if Enyeama and Ikeme return to the team, will be Ezenwa/Alampasu.

But I suspect that by the time Ikeme fully recovers, he wouldn't have gained much fitness to be part of the World Cup team. So, my three keepers would be Enyeama, Alampasu, and Ezenwa.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
Derek is the championship as well with Bolton
forgiveness:

Tiago Ilori is playing regularly in the Championship with Reading-fc while Derek Osede is in league 1.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:44pm On Sep 04, 2017
Oga Geestunnar..... wink But I think I have sewn your comments or am I mistaken? Anyhow... thanks for stepping forward again....

I greet You too Sir.... wink

#TheSilentCrew Today na today....

Geestunnar:

Hello

So oooo Sainty92 is a guy afterall..... cheesy I greet you sir..... Thanks for breaking your silence.... we need more members of your #SilentCrew to come forward like you have..... just say something .. anything at all.... grin

I am loving your confidence Sir.... may your belle sweetness Neva finish.... cheesy

Sainty92:

Hahahahaha....Oga mi, Belle jst sweet me as I see dat info abt the same line-up starting today....Make I quickly go carry 9ja straight win for bet. Was skeptical since about Ighalo and Balogun not starting. Bt nw, confidence rising...Kudos fellas...Together we sha celebrate today...Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:46pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thank you O Kind Elnino9 of the Beautiful but Notorious (Sir Joseph1013... Boss biko permit me to borrow) #SilentCrew grin

Lemme call on The Magnificent Sir Blueto to lead us in prayers again.... Sir Blueto!!!! The Silent crew calls on you.... cheesy

Elnino9:
HEY GUYS NO PRAYERS TODAY?? PLS SOMEONE SHOULD PRAY 4 D EAGLES #VICTORYISOURS #SILENTCREW
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Bia cover your mouth Nwokem!!!! and close ya mind's eyes.... #kwarraptCrew.... cheesy

forgiveness:

shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:48pm On Sep 04, 2017
Kpele o. My people go say doooooh
forgiveness:

Thanks. I appreciate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2017
terzurum5:
Ighalo : Referee Said He Booked Me For Thanking Jesus

Odion Ighalo said he was booked by Egyptian referee Ghead Grisha in the 30th minute of Nigeria's World Cup qualifier versus Cameroon in Uyo because he publicly displayed a religious message on his T-shirt after scoring the opening goal.

Fifa bans any unsanctioned political, religious or commercial messages on shirts, and Nigeria may be fined for running foul of the rules if the incident is included in the match report.

''He told me that the message on my shirt was about religion because it's 'thank you Jesus'," Ighalo told KweséESPN.

As a result of the yellow card, the former Watford star will automatically be suspended for one game if he gets booked in today's clash against the Indomitable Lions in Yaounde.

Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses and captain Obi Mikel are also one card away from a suspension.

Igho Kingsley

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=24502
same as Neymar was castigated for wearing a headband with an “100% Jesus” inscription on Olympic final and now He is the most expensive player in the world because He used career to honor God. Don't worry Ighalo, God will make your career more glorious and by the grace of God, you shall finish better and stronger.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwn....... Oga StephenGee12.... I don't know whether to clap or just smile or maybe shed a happy cry for this comment.... I am touched.... but know that we are all here to learn from each other..... Glad to hear/read your own voice Sir.... God bless you. smiley

This is the day of the #TheSilentCrew..... we are not done yet... grin

stephenGee12:

Oga dere is ntin I want to comment or say.
Rather than appreciate wat u guys are doing here.
U c before the only nigerian players I knew where only does that played in the top league.
And when I began to follow this thread it made me realise how foolish of a citizen I am.
Cos I can tell u germany,england, portugal, spain, france , italy starting 11 but I can't name my countries own.
Even the Npfl I can't tell u the names of the clubs apart from a few popular ones.
And then I realised I had just been a fool to call myself a citizen of this great country Nigeria.

So until I get it right I won't say a thing cos compared to u guys am a boy when it comes to things of Nigeria sports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54pm On Sep 04, 2017
A big Amen to this!!!!

blueto:
same as Neymar was castigated for wearing a headband with an “100% Jesus” inscription on Olympic final and now He is the most expensive player in the world because He used career to honor God. Don't worry Ighalo, God will make your career more glorious and by the grace of God, you shall finish better and stronger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Geestunnar(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Oga Geestunnar..... wink But I think I have sewn your comments or am I mistaken? Anyhow... thanks for stepping forward again....

I greet You too Sir.... wink

#TheSilentCrew Today na today....

So oooo Sainty92 is a guy afterall..... cheesy I greet you sir..... Thanks for breaking your silence.... we need more members of your #SilentCrew to come forward like you have..... just say something .. anything at all.... grin

I am loving your confidence Sir.... may your belle sweetness Neva finish.... cheesy

I was just kiddin jare. All we want today is 3 points and I pray we get that.

Go Super Eagles!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sunnypa11(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
http://www.nigfooty.com/2017/09/balogun-ndidi-vmosesmwila-named-in-caf.html?m=1
After the Super Eagles emphatic 4-0 victory over the indomitable Lions of Cameroon on Friday in the race for Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Confederation of African football popularly known as CAF has named their team of the Round three of matches for the playoff for a place in the 2018 mundial.

Leon Balogun who was able to pocket Vincent Aboubakar was named alongside Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses who was arguably the man of the match with a goal an assist to his name while surprisingly, Leicester City midfield sensation, Wilfred Ndidi was also listed in a 3-5-2 formation.

Brian Mwila whose brace propelled Zambia to a 3-1 victory against Algeria in Lusaka is a target man alongside Seydou Doumbia of Ivory Coast who also scored twice against Gabon.

Serge Aurier who just joined English premier league club Tottenham Hotspur is also in the defence alongside Mehdi Benatia whose national team Morocco thrashed Mali 6-0.

Once again,Caf best goalkeeper and Caf best African based player Denis Onyango got rewarded for keeping a Cleansheet against Mo Salah led Egypt in a 1-0 victory for Uganda.

CAF Best Eleven Players For Match Day Three

Denis Onyango ; Leon Balogun, Mehdi Benatia, Serge Aurier; Hakim Ziyech, Ghailene Chaalali , Nuno Rocha, Wilfred Ndidi, Victor Moses; Seydou Doumbia and Brian Nwila.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin

I think I like the sound of "notorious" attached to the name.... Hahahahahahahahaha....

joseph1013:

Hahaha... The notorious silent crew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thank you for dropping this Sir Sunday.... Three Super Eagles stars in the best XI for match day 3.... we rocking it! cheesy

Sunnypa11:
After the Super Eagles emphatic 4-0 victory over the indomitable Lions of Cameroon on Friday in the race for Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.

The Confederation of African football popularly known as CAF has named their team of the Round three of matches for the playoff for a place in the 2018 mundial.

Leon Balogun who was able to pocket Vincent Aboubakar was named alongside Chelsea wing-back Victor Moses who was arguably the man of the match with a goal an assist to his name while surprisingly, Leicester City midfield sensation, Wilfred Ndidi was also listed in a 3-5-2 formation.

Brian Mwila whose brace propelled Zambia to a 3-1 victory against Algeria in Lusaka is a target man alongside Seydou Doumbia of Ivory Coast who also scored twice against Gabon.

Serge Aurier who just joined English premier league club Tottenham Hotspur is also in the defence alongside Mehdi Benatia whose national team Morocco thrashed Mali 6-0.

Once again,Caf best goalkeeper and Caf best African based player Denis Onyango got rewarded for keeping a Cleansheet against Mo Salah led Egypt in a 1-0 victory for Uganda.

Denis Onyango ; Leon Balogun, Mehdi Benatia, Serge Aurier; Hakim Ziyech, Ghailene Chaalali , Nuno Rocha, Wilfred Ndidi, Victor Moses; Seydou Doumbia and Brian Nwila.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2017
Mujtahida:

Get well Bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
IN JESUS NAME, FATHER LORD WE GIVE YOU PRAISE FOR SEEING ANOTHER NEW DAY, THANK YOU LORD FOR THE VICTORY ON FRIDAY EVEN FOR THE VICTORY TODAY. LORD WE ASK THAT YOU GIVE US THE GRACE TO QUALIFY FOR THE WORLD CUP, GIVE ROHR AND HIS CREW WISDOM TO COACH THIS BOYS, GRANT OUR BOYS THE STRENGTH TO PLAY THE LIONS TODAY.THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS. AMEN

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Slimydude49(m): 4:01pm On Sep 04, 2017
Same starting eleven.. Source.. Nff twitter handle
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:02pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yes oooooo!!!!! make we finish work for Yaounde today ooooo..... Fly Eagles Fly.... Soar Super Eagles!!!!!!!

#TheSilentCrew roll call continues... grin

Geestunnar:

I was just kiddin jare. All we want today is 3 points and I pray we get that.

Go Super Eagles!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:04pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
This man can lie ooooooo shocked and I thought there was no better liar than Lai M himself.... shocked

Well Broos is still a learner for where Lai dey shaa... but this lie catch me for eye oooo....

What does he mean by he didn't have the full complement of His squad? undecided

He started his first XI joor.... and it is only Onyongo that is still missing.... just as we have Carl Ikeme still missing and Even Iwobi no dey sef and he is yarning this crap. Na wa ooooo

Cameroun had Anguissa, Moukandjo, Bassogog, Ngameleu, Leuko, Siani, Djoum, Teiku, Ngadeu Ngadjui, Fai, Ondoa... all on display either from the start or from the bench.... they even had Choupo Moting.... haba!!!!!! this man can lie oooo....

Anyway... his business... all I know is today we wan finish work! smiley

what do you expect...he needs to save his job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:05pm On Sep 04, 2017
Vic Mo on every lips. Even if FIFA compiles a best 11 on this international window, he will definitely make the list #NoSentiments
Sunnypa11:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
Elnino9:
IN JESUS NAME, FATHER LORD WE GIVE YOU PRAISE FOR SEEING ANOTHER NEW DAY, THANK YOU LORD FOR THE VICTORY ON FRIDAY EVEN FOR THE VICTORY TODAY. LORD WE ASK THAT YOU GIVE US THE GRACE TO QUALIFY FOR THE WORLD CUP, GIVE ROHR AND HIS CREW WISDOM TO COACH THIS BOYS, GRANT OUR BOYS THE STRENGTH TO PLAY THE LIONS TODAY.THANK YOU LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS. AMEN
amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kanechimex(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2017
. I don't really care about the match against Cameroon cos we've won it already. I just want Zambia to lose to Algeria or at most a draw..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Oya we are back again..... #TheSilentCrew.... The notorious #SilentCrew according to Sir Joseph1013.... grin

Sir Mostob..... oya Oga Sir... talk your own oooo.... because I can see you peeping in Sir.... I greet you... smiley

Sir Hanibal.... don't just hang by the door .. get in here! I greet you Sir.... cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Hoping Mahrez is back in camp with Algeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:10pm On Sep 04, 2017
Yeah.... but that man ehn....

I think Ondoa's cousin Andre Onana of Ajax foresaw this which is he jejely rejected invitation for the game.... Broos ehn.... his lie na wa ....

Humility017:

what do you expect...he needs to save his job
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:11pm On Sep 04, 2017
He better be.... His absence cost Algeria points in Zambia. sad

Joebie:
Hoping Mahrez is back in camp with Algeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bishop88: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2017
I don't know of any African team using the 3-5-2 formation here in the ongoing wc qualifier..why use that formation?why not use the traditional formation of either 4-4-2/4-5-1....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Sep 04, 2017
#TheSilentCrew cry!!!!

Hey.... I sight Madam Eseose9 again.... I greet you ma'am.... smiley
Say something naa....plssssss... grin

And what about Sir.... *cleans eyes**.../Sir Taliban?? shocked

Everyone take cover! shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
Maybe he is referring to the boys that should have been called up before the AFCON. But he just forgot this same team won the AFCON and had the luxury of playing so many games together. This is the best team they can assemble at the moment. Certainly not the best in Africa. Africa deserves better. Now we know who the true champs is
TheSuperNerd:
Yeah.... but that man ehn....

I think Ondoa's cousin Andre Onana of Ajax foresaw this which is he jejely rejected invitation for the game.... Broos ehn.... his lie na wa ....

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
#TheSilentCrew cry!!!!

Hey.... I sight Madam Eseose9 again.... I greet you ma'am.... smiley
Say something naa....plssssss... grin

And what about Sir.... *cleans eyes**.../Sir Taliban?? shocked

Everyone take cover! shocked
hello

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) (1417) (1418) (1419) ... (16166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.