Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11755160 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14221) (14222) (14223) (14224) (14225) (14226) (14227) ... (16183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 5:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
jieta:
Boss, the war ended since 2003. A country bless with diamonds, Gold, iron ore can't boost of a single world class stadium common on! what are you defending.

Do you know what a war is? Especially a war in Africa? Do you really know what happened in Liberia? I hope you do not know what it means. Kindly read up on the state of things in Liberia then judge for yourself if what you're advocating for should be considered priority.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
but this guy doesn’t look that old oo

He doesn't, bit definitely not U20,

Come where is Sir Andrew sef
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
lovewins:

Do you know what a war is? Especially a war in Africa? Do you really know what happened in Liberia? I hope you do not know what it means. Kindly read up on the state of things in Liberia then judge for yourself if what you're advocating for should be considered priority.

Let them be, they thing, war is like a street fight, that's once settled, Activities are back to normal,
.Just let them be,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
do4luv14:

Yesssir 😁😁
wucked man like u 😭😭😭
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Update: Benfica Keeping Close Tabs On 18-Year-Old Goal-Poacher 🇳🇬🦅

Portuguese giants Benfica, will now be facing a tough opposition from Netherlands outfit Excelsior as the duo battle for the signature of high flying Flying Eagles goal-poacher Rilwan Sarki.

The teenager is currently doing big things for the Flying Eagles of Nigeria, the most recent was his Performance against the Junior Chipolopolo of Zambia during an international friendly in Abuja last week.

In that match, he scored the opener and have two of his goals denied by the woodwork; at the time of his substitution, the kid was given a standing ovation.

Revelation from a football agent based in Portugal has it that Benfica has been monitoring the teenager since their camp reopened in January this year, and will make a final decision after the tournament in Egypt.

Benfica is known for harvesting grassroots players and turning them into world-class; no doubt it will surely be a good move for the Nigerian if the deal goes through.

#NPFLUpdates

Teenager 👀👀 wonders will never cease sad shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
jieta:
The most useless among the 24 country is Liberia, how can you have a former world best player as a president and he doesn't deem it fit to build an internationally accepted stadium it's very disappointing.

Have you looked at the GDP of Liberia , do you know that a country of 5 million people has not up to 300 doctors.

On the scale of deprivation and poor socio-ecomomic infrastructure Liberia is a very poor nation with very limited resources.

And your are expecting them to build a s international standard stadium. My friend they don't have basic health infrastructure it's stadium they should build.

Some people with Thier comments show a real lack of knowledge.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
lovewins:

Unfortunately you need to appreciate that there some people that cannot appreciate the dynamics of multi faceted deprivation.

So trying to explain to them is unfortunately a waste of time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jubilantagida: 6:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
It's 10 years already.

Continue to rest big boss!

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
Christian Atsu still missing sad watched an interview on BBC with his girlfriend. She says the last time she heard from him was last week Saturday. Pray he is found alive and in one peace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 7:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
He looks 15 though. cheesy grin
charlesemeka85:

Portuguese giants Benfica, will now be facing a tough opposition from Netherlands outfit Excelsior as the duo battle for the signature of high flying Flying Eagles goal-poacher Rilwan Sarki.

The teenager is currently doing big things for the Flying Eagles of Nigeria, the most recent was his Performance against the Junior Chipolopolo of Zambia during an international friendly in Abuja last week.

In that match, he scored the opener and have two of his goals denied by the woodwork; at the time of his substitution, the kid was given a standing ovation.

Revelation from a football agent based in Portugal has it that Benfica has been monitoring the teenager since their camp reopened in January this year, and will make a final decision after the tournament in Egypt.

Benfica is known for harvesting grassroots players and turning them into world-class; no doubt it will surely be a good move for the Nigerian if the deal goes through.

#NPFLUpdates

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:

#NPFLUpdates

He will be exposed when he does his medical with Benfica. I don't want to knock on his hustle though, so I hope he goes to Europe and makes as much money as possible 🙏
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Very true. cheesy grin. I wonder how we'll progress when we can't even admit the truth.
charlesemeka85:
🛑 haba!

9ja no Dey cheat for age for football na 🥺

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by skallion7(m): 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
Truidstar:
Conduct your own test na… since you know their exact ages by looking at their faces:
Be deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
No data...
How do you present your case to the court that he is above 20?

No birth date evidence
No witness from parents
No physiological or even carbon dating evidence
Just taking one look at him

People who suffered malnutrition at infancy, not treated fast diseases, hatch weather, etc are likely to look older than their ages
Go to Niger, Burkina Faso,Mauritania,Tchad, South Sudan,Sudan,etc you will see more

I have not defended him.. just the methodology used to arrive at his age is baffling
Africa!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:37pm On Feb 10, 2023
do4luv14:

Court of what,

you said things the way they are, means they should had been a Qatar, or Dubai

Or you want them to use the Firebridget approach, which our government had been using or what
Are you talking for the fun of it

Liberia has not made progress 20 years postwar. That's on period

All this shalaye no concern me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
lovewins:

Did Rwanda not go through a war?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Odunayaw:
Are you talking for the fun of it

Liberia has not made progress 20 years postwar. That's on period

All this shalaye no concern me

Ooooo Ayo free me nau,

You too knew they had not made progress for the past 20yrs, And you expect them to build Caf approved Stadia ehn,

Cos their president na former world footie of the year about na weytin again biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
do4luv14:

Ooooo Ayo free me nau,

You too knew they had not made progress for the past 20yrs, And you expect them to build Caf approved Stadia ehn,

Cos their president na former world footie of the year about na weytin again biko
You & Lovewin: "Liberia has no international standard stadium because they're impoverished from war"

Me: "Liberia has none because she refused to develop from the ashes of war"

The country is not serious about most things so I can't expect them to be serious about football infrastructure. This is the main reason and not war

Rwanda doesn't have two heads
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
Odunayaw:
You & Lovewin: "Liberia has no international standard stadium because they're impoverished from war"

Me: "Liberia has none because she refused to develop from the ashes of war"

The country is not serious about most things so I can't expect them to be serious about football infrastructure. This is the main reason and not war

Rwanda doesn't have two heads

Ok you don win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
charlesemeka85:

#NPFLUpdates
E get some kind faces wey person no fit even dash small benefit of doubt.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2023
komekn:

Have you looked at the GDP of Liberia , do you know that a country of 5 million people has not up to 300 doctors.

On the scale of deprivation and poor socio-ecomomic infrastructure Liberia is a very poor nation with very limited resources.

And your are expecting them to build a s international standard stadium. My friend they don't have basic health infrastructure it's stadium they should build.

Some people with Thier comments show a real lack of knowledge.
All what you listed boiled down to mismanagement and corruption. I was expecting a different approach been that George weah is a well traveled man and is a former world best player but he has flatter to deceive.

You can check my earlier post where i listed some of the mineral resources Liberia can boast of. A good president should be able to raise the ladder a little bit, we have seen and read about what is happening in Rwanda there have put there past behind them.

The five south eastern state in Nigeria according to history, we were told was level down during the Nigeria civil war but all that is in the past and i bet you those five eastern state can compete favourable with other regions.

My point is this, am not knocking Liberia for not having a world class stadium to host matches am actually hit George weah for his lackluster attitude towards infrastructures, it's high time he returns the trust place on him by his people.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
skallion7:
Be deceiving yourself
Yeah an “overaged “ surely recognizes another when he sees one.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49pm On Feb 10, 2023
Arthur Okonkwo kept a cleansheet today on his League Debut for SK Sturm Graz in a 1-0 win over Rapid Wien.

It is his 1st Cleansheet for Sturm Graz in 2 games.

Overall, it is Arthur's 10th cleansheet from 24 league games for Crewe and SK Sturm Graz combined.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
Raphael Onyedika FT Stats for Club Brugge today.

Club Brugge 1-1 Royal Union St.Gilloise - Jupiler Pro League Matchday 25.

Played 90mins+.
89 touches.
7 pass entries into Final third💥
55/63 accurate passes.
87% passing accuracy.
100% dribbling success (2/2).
3/4 accurate long balls.
1 shot blocked.
12/22 ground duels won🔥🔥
1/3 aerial duels won
13 recoveries🔥🔥
7 tackles🔥
2 interceptions.
2 blocks.
1 clearance.
Was fouled 3x.
5 fouls committed.

*Onyedika won the most duels (13) in the game.

*Onyedika recorded the most tackles (7) in the game.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Victor Okoh Boniface FT Stats for Royal USG Today.

Played 90mins+.
38 touches.
2 chances created🔥
2 pass entries into Final third.
15/16 accurate passes.
94% passing accuracy.
1/2 accurate crosses.
1/2 accurate long balls.
3 shots off target.
5/9 ground duels won💥
2/4 aerial duels won.
3 recoveries.
2 tackles.
2 clearances.
2 headed clearances.
Was fouled 3x.
1 foul committed.
Caught offside once.

*22/23 Jupiler League stats: 4 goals, 4 assists, 22 chances created in 22 games (20 starts) as part of a front 2, left sided central attacker

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 5:48am On Feb 11, 2023
Moffi will struggle to score in that Nice Team. They hardly cross the ball.
The two wingers plays more like strikers!
The midfielders are good shooters but not necessarily great passers!
Moffi is in for a long goal drought!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:20am On Feb 11, 2023
Ppogbae:

He will be exposed when he does his medical with Benfica. I don't want to knock on his hustle though, so I hope he goes to Europe and makes as much money as possible 🙏
Exposed?if he is really talented then he will scale through.I remember watching Kanu Nwankwo in Ilorin township stadium playing for Iwuanyawu Nationale against Ranchers bees in 91 FA cup and saw the same Kanu in Japan 93 squad after representing Nigeria in Mauritius 93 with under 21 team.He later had successful Europe career.As I said lack of credible birth data is just the issue....I just don’t know what happened to hospital birth certificate given to family at birth of a child.Till date,me and my siblings birth dates still intact

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:22am On Feb 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Okoh Boniface FT Stats for Royal USG Today.

Played 90mins+.
38 touches.
2 chances created🔥
2 pass entries into Final third.
15/16 accurate passes.
94% passing accuracy.
1/2 accurate crosses.
1/2 accurate long balls.
3 shots off target.
5/9 ground duels won💥
2/4 aerial duels won.
3 recoveries.
2 tackles.
2 clearances.
2 headed clearances.
Was fouled 3x.
1 foul committed.
Caught offside once.

*22/23 Jupiler League stats: 4 goals, 4 assists, 22 chances created in 22 games (20 starts) as part of a front 2, left sided central attacker

Goal ratio poor but very hardworking player.I watched him against Charleroi this season and impressed with his work rate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:27am On Feb 11, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Arthur Okonkwo kept a cleansheet today on his League Debut for SK Sturm Graz in a 1-0 win over Rapid Wien.

It is his 1st Cleansheet for Sturm Graz in 2 games.

Overall, it is Arthur's 10th cleansheet from 24 league games for Crewe and SK Sturm Graz combined.
Good development for the young lad,hope to see him in eagles.If I have my way I will give him and Bankole a Remo fc call up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:16am On Feb 11, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Moffi will struggle to score in that Nice Team. They hardly cross the ball.
The two wingers plays more like strikers!
The midfielders are good shooters but not necessarily great passers!
Moffi is in for a long goal drought!

While I share your sentiments, I'll allow sometime before making conclusions. I was frustrated for Moffi as it appears his role in the team was more like a false 9, allowing every other person to do their thing. He rarely got the ball passed to him.

He'll probably grow into the system and gets included as time goes on. But if they continue to play like they've done the last 2 games, I agree he's in for a long goal drought.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2023
gamaliel9:
No data...
How do you present your case to the court that he is above 20?

No birth date evidence
No witness from parents
No physiological or even carbon dating evidence
Just taking one look at him

People who suffered malnutrition at infancy, not treated fast diseases, hatch weather, etc are likely to look older than their ages

Go to Niger, Burkina Faso,Mauritania,Tchad, South Sudan,Sudan,etc you will see more

I have not defended him.. just the methodology used to arrive at his age is baffling
Africa!!!

How do you present your case that he is 18, please ❓

The bold is a perfunctory hypothesis that is not anchored on anything but sentiment as opposed to substantive research.

FYl

The study, which used data from 65 million children aged five to 19 years old in 193 countries, revealed that school-aged children’s height and weight, which are indicators of their health and quality of their diet, vary enormously around the world.

Country-by-country data is available on this link:

http://www.ncdrisc.org/data-visualisations.html

There was a 20cm difference between 19-year-olds in the tallest and shortest nations – this represented an eight-year growth gap for girls, and a six-year growth gap for boys. For instance, the study revealed that the average 19-year-old girl in Bangladesh and Guatemala (the nations with the world’s shortest girls) is the same height as an average 11-year-old girl in the Netherlands, the nation with the tallest boys and girls.

The international team behind the study warn that highly variable childhood nutrition, especially a lack of quality food, may lead to stunted growth and a rise in childhood obesity – affecting a child’s health and wellbeing for their entire life.

Manchester United and England star, and child poverty campaigner, Marcus Rashford MBE tweeted about the study.

Actually if your growth is stunted your more likely to look younger not older. That means your bones will have fusion much later not sooner.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2023
Kog45:
Exposed?if he is really talented then he will scale through.I remember watching Kanu Nwankwo in Ilorin township stadium playing for Iwuanyawu Nationale against Ranchers bees in 91 FA cup and saw the same Kanu in Japan 93 squad after representing Nigeria in Mauritius 93 with under 21 team.He later had successful Europe career.As I said lack of credible birth data is just the issue....I just don’t know what happened to hospital birth certificate given to family at birth of a child.Till date,me and my siblings birth dates still intact

First problem there is no national credible birth data collation.

Because our country by nature has very high levels of truth, probity, honesty and unquestionable integrity. We can therefore rely on the integrity of local hospitals to not be induced or manipulated to create birth certificates.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14221) (14222) (14223) (14224) (14225) (14226) (14227) ... (16183) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jolly94, damagnificentusb(m), Toylove and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.