Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14273) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11673144 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14270) (14271) (14272) (14273) (14274) (14275) (14276) ... (16152) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Yes Rohr went to 4th and 3rd division but what is the state of our goalkeeping department today?We are over flagging Nwakili issue here....only Nwakili can prove himself not our talks and for now only a preference from Peseiro can give Nwakili invitation.

Osimehn and Iheanacho case are quite different from Nwakili....Osimehn moves from Wolfsburg to lowly Belgium league and shake things up.Iheanacho is a top player who started with man city and still doing it with Leicester,given the opportunity he always delivers....Almost faded Isaac Success is doing it right now with Udinese...Awoniyi who a lot don’t rate is now in EPL but big question has Nwakili help himself career wise to justify his inclusion in national team?NO,so left for him to prove fans wrong.

Despite Sadiq performance in Segunda,he got his chance in Afcon due to injury to Osimehn and ighalo but Eguavoen did well for Nwakili with wild card invitation,hopefully Peseiro can have the same sentiment and gives Nwakili a chance.

Ndidi..EPL
Iwobi...EPL
Aribo...EPL
Bonnke..Ligue 1
Onyedika...Belgium div 1
Alhassan...Belgium div 1
Etebo....Greek div 1

No coach would have these pool of midfielders and go to Segunda league and pick a player playing for Ponferaddina sitting in relegation zone,reasons I always saying the club is not a good platform for Nwakili to excel.

Among the names listed, who are the best you will suggest to play as a conductor in a midfield passing side.

Unless you guys want us to neglect playing as a passing side, then we can move on without Kelechi Nwakali.

The point is how do we improve our midfield passing play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Yes Rohr went to 4th and 3rd division but what is the state of our goalkeeping department today?We are over flagging Nwakili issue here....only Nwakili can prove himself not our talks and for now only a preference from Peseiro can give Nwakili invitation.

Osimehn and Iheanacho case are quite different from Nwakili....Osimehn moves from Wolfsburg to lowly Belgium league and shake things up.Iheanacho is a top player who started with man city and still doing it with Leicester,given the opportunity he always delivers....Almost faded Isaac Success is doing it right now with Udinese...Awoniyi who a lot don’t rate is now in EPL but big question has Nwakili help himself career wise to justify his inclusion in national team?NO,so left for him to prove fans wrong.

Despite Sadiq performance in Segunda,he got his chance in Afcon due to injury to Osimehn and ighalo but Eguavoen did well for Nwakili with wild card invitation,hopefully Peseiro can have the same sentiment and gives Nwakili a chance.

Ndidi..EPL
Iwobi...EPL
Aribo...EPL
Bonnke..Ligue 1
Onyedika...Belgium div 1
Alhassan...Belgium div 1
Etebo....Greek div 1

No coach would have these pool of midfielders and go to Segunda league and pick a player playing for Ponferaddina sitting in relegation zone,reasons I always saying the club is not a good platform for Nwakili to excel.

This was driven by a research done by TheSuperNerd and he was proposing how we can solve our poor midfield play.

He did a statistical check and came up with two names. Onyedika and Kelechi Nwakali. He showed their high passing stats can play a big part in improving our midfield play.

He showed that you can't expect to have good passing play when you select midfielders with lower passing stats and drop those with good passing stats.

So it is on that idea I am running with. I believe in his report. That is one of the reasons I watched Onyedika closely against Benfica. I tried to understand his game too.

So I prefer the discussion in that line, unless you are proposing we abandon building on passing and continue the way we play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:

Ndidi..EPL
Iwobi...EPL
Aribo...EPL
Bonnke..Ligue 1
Onyedika...Belgium div 1
Alhassan...Belgium div 1
Etebo....Greek div 1

Our midfield situation is really worrisome, Iwobi and Onyedika are the only good and regular midfielders. Ndidi's out of form and a bench warmer, Aribo can't even make the match day squad of the worst team in EPL, I don't really know much about the others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:59am On Feb 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Among the names listed, who are the best you will suggest to play as a conductor in a midfield passing side.

Unless you guys want us to neglect playing as a passing side, then we can move on without Kelechi Nwakali.

arguing machine 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

I hail you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:01am On Feb 25, 2023
Truidstar:
Sir as always you say it as it is. They will brand you a hater soon. It is left for JP to use what we have to bring out the best in our attackers. Respect.πŸ™πŸΏ
na elder wey dey talk truth

My respect sir Kog45!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:06am On Feb 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

More like Vote Peter Obi.

Vote Mama, Papa, Pikin

Finito.
I support you on this 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:16am On Feb 25, 2023
Please desperately please , EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.

This is an epic battle between the people and politicians we need to take Nigeria back.

I truly fear 😨 if we are not OBI-DIENT and uncompromisingly fearless in ensuring free πŸ†“ and fair elections. There may be no NIGERIA to come back to.

End SARS was the appetizer and if we obidiently do not usefully ensure our weapon the PVC is used wisely, then anarchy is going to reign.

Be FEARLESS in your quest if not for yourself then for Me, your family, your friends ,l want to JAKPA to Nigeria desperately.

All my guys even those who contend with Me God Speed πŸš… and Fear not , it's time to get with the program dont be intimidated by thugs and others .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:18am On Feb 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

This was driven by a research done by TheSuperNerd and he was proposing how we can solve our poor midfield play.

He did a statistical check and came up with two names. Onyedika and Kelechi Nwakali. He showed their high passing stats can play a big part in improving our midfield play.

He showed that you can't expect to have good passing play when you select midfielders with lower passing stats and drop those with good passing stats.

So it is on that idea I am running with. I believe in his report. That is one of the reasons I watched Onyedika closely against Benfica. I tried to understand his game too.

So I prefer the discussion in that line, unless you are proposing we abandon building on passing and continue the way we play.

If our midfield gets better. No team in Africa can beat us and a world cup semi-final is possible.
We people clamouring for nwakali and low league midfielders know what we are saying.
Our attack is one of the best if not the best in Africa and is within reasoanle standars by global standards
Our attack if i am right is even better than Morocco's own.
We are half way there.
Just get passers. Its like the puzzle is nearly complete.
I mean, imagine if Morocco had Osmhen, Awoniyi and Moffi in their attack. They will be unstoppable.
We even have Olakunle Olusegun another wing forward comming through.
If our coaches are visionary they will build a creative midfield for us.
Again, i repeat
NO TEAM IN AFRICA WILL BEAT US WITH A GOOD MIDFIELD.
WE HAVE THE BEST ATTACK IN AFRICA
EVEN GIFT ORBAN IS ANOTHER SENSATION.
EUROPEAN TEAMS WILL FEAR US IF WE HAVE A GOOD MIDFIELD THAT CAN PASS
PUT OKOCHA AND KANU IN OUR MIDFIELD AND LET US SEE WHO WILL BEAT US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:22am On Feb 25, 2023
komekn:
Please desperately please , EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE.

This is an epic battle between the people and politicians we need to take Nigeria back.

I truly fear 😨 if we are not OBI-DIENT and uncompromisingly fearless in ensuring free πŸ†“ and fair elections. There may be no NIGERIA to come back to.

End SARS was the appetizer and if we obidiently do not usefully ensure our weapon the PVC is used wisely, then anarchy is going to reign.

Be FEARLESS in your quest if not for yourself then for Me, your family, your friends ,l want to JAKPA to Nigeria desperately.

All my guys even those who contend with Me God Speed πŸš… and Fear not , it's time to get with the program dont be intimidated by thugs and be others .
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Oga my point is simple,it would take special mention of Nwakili to get attention of Peseiro based on what is available for him in top league...it’s not what Nwakili can offer is my major bone of contention but how he can get Peseiro attention....Nwakili in division one league in Europe with good performance would have been core member of Super eagles by now.He need to move to better league to justify is inclusion but if one way or the other he gets the opportunity now he must grab it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:11am On Feb 25, 2023
hatakekakashi:

Our midfield situation is really worrisome, Iwobi and Onyedika are the only good and regular midfielders. Ndidi's out of form and a bench warmer, Aribo can't even make the match day squad of the worst team in EPL, I don't really know much about the others.
Yes worrisome but how do we solve it?can Nwakili solve it,big question again.It is left for Peseiro to give us good team irrespective of players available.....Samson Siasia went to 2008 Olympics without Mikel and he did well.

If Peseiro believes it’s Nwakili,why not but eagles problem is beyond midfield but lack of fighting characters,just check Osimehn zeal against Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:19am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Oga my point is simple,it would take special mention of Nwakili to get attention of Peseiro based on what is available for him in top league...it’s not what Nwakili can offer is my major bone of contention but how he can get Peseiro attention....Nwakili in division one league in Europe with good performance would have been core member of Super eagles by now.He need to move to better league to justify is inclusion but if one way or the other he gets the opportunity now he must grab it.

But Omeruo is playing in the same league as Nwakali and he is even one of the captains in the national team... I'm sure Peserio knows of Nwakali presence in the Segunda division... It all depends on whether or not he thinks he needs him...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

What did Okoye and Jamilu Collins do to justify their inclusions?

This is not about proving himself but a fix to a challenging situation that has worried us for years.

Our midfield has been poor despite. So what do you propose that we should do to fix that gap.
Yes sentiment and agent aid brought Okoye and Collins to eagles,also Chiedebere Nwakili got invitation based on sentiment but failed to measure up.

Now I want the same sentiment for Kelechi Nwakili through Peseiro and he should grabbed the opportunity,remember he made last Afcon based on Emma Amuneke recommendation,not about his performance.

But can we cannot continue given players special consideration they just have to earn it,so Nwakili need to move and moving to better league will stop all these arguments on his relevance in eagles set up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Yes sentiment and agent aid brought Okoye and Collins to eagles,also Chiedebere Nwakili got invitation based on sentiment but failed to measure up.

Now I want the same sentiment for Kelechi Nwakili through Peseiro and he should grabbed the opportunity remember he made last Afcon based on Emma Amuneke recommendation,not about his performance.

But we cannot continue given players so special consideration they must earned it,so Nwakili need to more and moving to better league will stop all these arguments on his relevance on eagles set up.
this is πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Boss you too legit I swear, spitting fire,facts and truth at the same time

Much respect cus you are tha truth!!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

I won't take the hyping too serious.. Nwakali isn't the first player that Thegoodjoe and Thesupernerd particularly have hyped well here.. It even appear more like encouragement than hyping... Players like Iheanacho and Osimhen were in such position when they were going through a rough phase in their careers.. Myabe because Nwakali own is taking too long that's why people find the hype annoying. But I can assure you, it's not just on this thread... I remember vividly after that Atletico Madrid game, so many fans on social media were clamoring for Nwakali to be in the world cup squad based on that performance.. Even when his name appeared in the AFCON list, there was jubilation in some quarters... Undoubtedly,many people remember how good he was back then ..

I agree, he hasn't hit the heights expected of him, but as far as the super eagles is concerned, especially the midfield, we need all hands on deck...if he was a striker, nobody would care because we have an abundance of strikers now... Maybe if we can land Eze or Oliseh this year, the talks of Nwakali getting called up will die down... Until then, let's not pretend that our midfield needs reinforcement and a player like Nwakali could be of help ..

When we were badly in need of a goalkeeper,Rohr went to the Spanish third division to fetch Uzoho...he also got Okoye from the German 4th division.. Jamilu Collins came to provide reinforcement at left back from the German second division too...
I agree without reservation to your submission. Let the young man be invited so we see what he can offer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:32am On Feb 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

But Omeruo is playing in the same league as Nwakali and he is even one of the captains in the national team... I'm sure Peserio knows of Nwakali presence in the Segunda division... It all depends on whether or not he thinks he needs him...
Omeruo case is different,remember he won afcon 2013,two time World Cup appearance and with good caps for eagles...Nwakili situation is different from Omeruo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:37am On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Omeruo case is different,remember he won afcon 2013,two time World Cup appearance and with good caps for eagles...Nwakili situation is different from Omeruo.
more πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Sir no vex you be dragon? Cus the way u re spitting fire this morning is something else 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:38am On Feb 25, 2023
Mujtahida:

I agree without reservation to your submission. Let the young man be invited so we see what he can offer
what has he done to deserve an invite if I may ask?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:

No, no... My response was in reference to you saying Nwakali needs to move to a better league to attract Peserio attention... Peseiro knows Omeruo is in the Segunda division..so he most definitely knows about Nwakali too .
When Eguavon called up Nwakali for the AFCON,some people alleged that it was the NFF doings...yet,he hasn't been called up again...Olisa Ndah has also not been called up again..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2023
πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±πŸ₯±
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
what has he done to deserve an invite if I may ask?

What did Okoye do in the German fourth division for him to warrant an invitation to the super eagles? You supported the invitation too...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

What did Okoye do in the German fourth division for him to warrant an invitation to the super eagles? You supported the invitation too...
I didn’t tag you and hv warned you not to mention nor tag me to of your posts here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:11pm On Feb 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I didn’t tag you and hv warned you not to mention nor tag me to of your posts here

Stop behaving like an overgrown baby..it's becoming nauseating...

Answer the question!

I'll mention you as long as you're here . No be you get Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:13pm On Feb 25, 2023
Danielnino00:

Stop behaving like an overgrown baby..it's becoming nauseating...

Answer the question!

I'll mention you as long as you're here . No be you get Nairaland
be careful
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
be careful

Wetin u wan do,shey u go beat am ni

Alaye answer him question if u get answer,no Dey throw threats like a typical obidient follower grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:15pm On Feb 25, 2023
charlesemeka85:
be careful

He is issuing threats cheesy cheesy

Answer the question... Stop being hypocritical...

You supported the invitation of a mediocre fourth division goalkeeper..why?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:

U r speaking fact and reality,and this is what I've been thinking,
He has a very slim chance of being looked into talkless of getting an invite by peseiro, who is a foreign coach.
because of d league n d club he is playing 4,
not necessarily about what he can offer d team or lack of talent as his critics want everyone to believe.

That's y it's important he moves to a better league n all these needless arguments will naturally dies down.
Playing in a better league or better club comes with it an extra motivation to do well.

Any foreign coach or any coach will first of all look at d league and club u play before considering any other things.
Whether peseiro is going to make an exception n hand him a call,time will tell.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2023
#vote wisely.

#vote Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2023
Napoleon55:

U r speaking fact and reality,and this is what I've been thinking,
He has a very slim chance of being looked into talkless of getting an invite by peseiro, who is a foreign coach.
because of d league n d club he is playing 4,
not necessarily about what he can offer d team or lack of talent as his critics want everyone to believe.

That's y it's important he moves to a better league n all these needless arguments will naturally dies down.
Playing in a better league or better club comes with it an extra motivation to do well.

Any foreign coach or any coach will first of all look at d league and club u play before considering any other things.
Whether peseiro is going to make an exception n hand him a call,time will tell.

Dis last World Cup shld av change our mindset a bit about been more concerned about where a player plays Dan what he can really offer

D Croats paraded an home based gk to d tournament and he came out tops among d keepers in d tourney
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2023
elyte89:

Dis last World Cup shld av change our mindset a bit about been more concerned about where a player plays Dan what he can really offer

D Croats paraded an home based gk to d tournament and he came out tops among d keepers in d tourney
That's d the thing,
It's only a coach who is really ready to work harder will look beyond where a player parade his trade,and search out players who can execute his plans for him.
But it's important a player on his own part strive to play in a better league to keep himself on d pedestal to b seen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 1:08pm On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:
Yes worrisome but how do we solve it?can Nwakili solve it,big question again.It is left for Peseiro to give us good team irrespective of players available.....Samson Siasia went to 2008 Olympics without Mikel and he did well.

If Peseiro believes it’s Nwakili,why not but eagles problem is beyond midfield but lack of fighting characters,just check Osimehn zeal against Ghana.
I think the lack of proper creative midfielders too is part of the problem, solving that will improve our play. When you watch our matches, there's always an over reliance on wingers to create or score, few line breaking through passes from midfield.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:20pm On Feb 25, 2023
Kog45:

Now I want the same sentiment for Kelechi Nwakili through Peseiro and he should grabbed the opportunity,remember he made last Afcon based on Emma Amuneke recommendation,not about his performance.

But can we cannot continue given players special consideration they just have to earn it,so Nwakili need to move and moving to better league will stop all these arguments on his relevance in eagles set up.

This is not about sentiments but selecting our best passers. Unless we don't want to use our best passers. Let our best passers play in midfield and we will keep the ball better and create chances better.

If our best passers are not in top leagues scout the lower leagues and play them.

We can go to lower leagues to get Keepers and full backs. However, to do that for midfield, it has become a taboo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14270) (14271) (14272) (14273) (14274) (14275) (14276) ... (16152) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mkrest(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.