Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14288) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11664234 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14285) (14286) (14287) (14288) (14289) (14290) (14291) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:13pm On Mar 04, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Samuel Chukwueze is the first Nigerian player on record to reach 10+ goals and assists in a single season while playing for a top-five European league team.

Massive feat
I thought Moses Simon did this before
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I doubt if nwakali can play in the uel finals, win a league and cup title,score on the finals of a uefa competitions as well as multiple man of the match awards in europe and Scotland

Even get nominated for player of the year award in any top flight league let alone winning player of the month awards

Nwakali is a world cup winner since Na past glory we one dey talk about... mtcheew

currently both aribo and Nwakali are struggling
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:23pm On Mar 04, 2023
do4luv14:

Hello bro it had been long ooo, what's up, Trust everywhere is cool

NO, everywhere dey hot grin
APC did me a long thing undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
What's wrong with you? It doesn't depend on anything. cheesy. He's not better than LEWA. A striker is a striker. Ofcourse no two strikers have the same style. Wing attack Striker/Creative attack striker. You just want to sound insightful. cheesy grin. You are unbelievable. Must every player play for Guardiola/Klopp to be the best striker they ever can be?

Nobody is running down anybody for anybody. This is a sport, and comparisons have always been part of it. You can rate a player as better than another based on quantifiable metrics. Saying a player is better than another player doesn't mean you are running down the latter. It simply means he's better as a striker.

LEWA has been doing this for over 10 years. Consistency is relevant to their ratings. LEWA is 34, a veteran, and yet he has been just as productive this season. Osimhen is on the rise, we can watch this guy get better and still acknowledge he's not better than LEWA. Ah.
TheGoodJoe:

It depends on how you want to look at it.

Lewandowski is what I call a creative attack Striker while Osimhen is a wing attack Striker. Both play their roles better than each other.

This is Osimhen's second season with a high grade coach. And I don't rate Spalletti tactically offensively over Klopp and Guardiola who Lewandowski played for in his prime years.

So, just enjoy both players than running down one for the other.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
gamaliel9:

NO, everywhere dey hot grin APC did me a long thing undecided

No be only you bro, na all of us dey feel am,
It shall be well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:25pm On Mar 04, 2023
This our u20 need one player to right all wrongs.. who?

A leader who is an attacking midfielder with a hawk-eyes vision. All the pieces would blend
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
benji93:
What's wrong with you? It doesn't depend on anything. cheesy. He's not better than LEWA. A striker is a striker. Ofcourse no two strikers have the same style. Wing attack Striker/Creative attack striker. You just want to sound insightful. cheesy grin. You are unbelievable. Must every player play for Guardiola/Klopp to be the best striker they ever can be?

Nobody is running down anybody for anybody. This is a sport, and comparisons have always been part of it. You can rate a player as better than another based on quantifiable metrics. Saying a player is better than another player doesn't mean you are running down the latter. It simply means he's better as a striker.

LEWA has been doing this for over 10 years. Consistency is relevant to their ratings. LEWA is 34, a veteran, and yet he has been just as productive this season. Osimhen is on the rise, we can watch this guy get better and still acknowledge he's not better than LEWA. Ah.

It is easy to run quantifiable metrics while playing with Kimmich, Xabi Alonso and Muller.

While Osimhen is playing with none close in quality. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 8:57pm On Mar 04, 2023
hatakekakashi:
Won't Aribo be thrown back to the league one he came from, at the end of the season like this? I mean, how bad can you be not to even make the bench of the worst team in the league. He only makes the bench during cup games vs mediocre teams. It's appalling.

I doubt Nwakali had it this bad. If Nwakali does not deserve call ups, then Aribo should also sit the qualifiers out.

Like I have always said , Aribo, Iwobi, Ndidi and Moses Simon should not be starting games for SE.

Jungle don mature and now look at Aribo and Iwobi...Aribo and Iwobi have used us enough! Its embarrassing to see how clueless Iwobi had become at Everton. Sad!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 9:02pm On Mar 04, 2023
gamaliel9:
This our u20 need one player to right all wrongs.. who?

A leader who is an attacking midfielder with a hawk-eyes vision. All the pieces would blend

Our number 4, the injured guy is highly creative ,cerebral and athletic
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Nwakali is a world cup winner since Na past glory we one dey talk about... mtcheew

currently both aribo and Nwakali are struggling
My post wasn’t to defend aribo but against the notion that nwakali have never been this bad in his career as a pro since he moved to Europe

I believe what aribo is suffering of is burn out due to the number of games he played for rangers and the national team last season

I think sometime last season he was the most used player in europe if am not mistaken
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2023
Flying Eagles defender Benjamin Fredrick vs Uganda. Tough lad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBYU1FJikaA

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:26pm On Mar 04, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

It is easy to run quantifiable metrics while playing with Kimmich, Xabi Alonso and Muller.

Boss no whine me ooo, lewa keh ? Pls don’t compare Lewa and Osihmen. It’s incomparable… I can only pray Osihmen try reach and surpass Lewa’s level.

Lewa is very Elite. If you play as a striker, you will see and know a true striker… Lewa will score all those other chances Osihmen misses sometimes. Apart from scoring, his back to goal is very smooth, he can hold, pass, dribble, even make pin point crosses. He is very creative and even withdrawn a little especially when playing for Poland.

He is World class, Infact I don’t understand why Karim Benzema will have a world best and Robert Lewandoski will not have.

Also in addition, he is always fit, rarely injured. Always at the top of any scoring chart at the end of any season for the past 10-12 years. Ronaldo and Messi did not let us see him much and he spent too long in bundesliga we don’t watch. Dstv don’t even have rights. I swear people did not see that guy .

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ineedmoneybadly: 10:36pm On Mar 04, 2023
Starboytwo:
Boss no whine me ooo, lewa keh ? Pls don’t compare Lewa and Osihmen. It’s incomparable… I can only pray Osihmen try reach and surpass Lewa’s level.

Lewa is very Elite. If you play as a striker, you will see and know a true striker… Lewa will score all those other chances Osihmen misses sometimes. Apart from scoring, his back to goal is very smooth, he can hold, pass, dribble, even make pin point crosses. He is very creative and even withdrawn a little especially when playing for Poland.

He is World class, Infact I don’t understand why Karim Benzema will have a world best and Robert Lewandoski will not have.

Also in addition, he is always fit, rarely injured. Always at the top of any scoring chart at the end of any season for the past 10-12 years. Ronaldo and Messi did not let us see him much and he spent too long in bundesliga where we only see highlights.
How come he has 17 big misses this season since he dey score all he chance?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2023
Starboytwo:

Also in addition, he is always fit, rarely injured. Always at the top of any scoring chart at the end of any season for the past 10-12 years. Ronaldo and Messi did not let us see him much and he spent too long in bundesliga we don’t watch. Dstv don’t even have rights. I swear people did not see that guy .

The bolded is why I said Lewandowski is what I termed a creative attack Striker. By the way, his high grade teammates played a big part in him topping the scoring charts for over a decade.

Look at Osimhen's performance playing with someone like Kvaratskelia. Lewandowski had loads of great talents around him all his career.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hatakekakashi: 6:36am On Mar 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I doubt if nwakali can play in the uel finals, win a league and cup title,score on the finals of a uefa competitions as well as multiple man of the match awards in europe and Scotland

Even get nominated for player of the year award in any top flight league let alone winning player of the month awards

🥱
Everybody knows how good Aribo was at Rangers and I'm not saying all this because I hate him. I'm just wondering what went wrong for him. From all those exploits in the UEL to not making Southampton's bench in the space of some months.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:26am On Mar 05, 2023
Update: Chuba Akpom Becomes The First Middlesborough Player To Score More Than 20 Goals A Season In Over 3 Decades🇳🇬💪🏿

Nigerian striker Chuba Akpom is now officially the first Middlesbrough player in 33 years to score 20+ league goals in one season. 🦅

He achieved the feat after firing twice to help Middlesborough outshine Reading in a 5-goal thriller.🥶

Interestingly, Akpom has completed his switch to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, and may likely get his first ever call-up this month for the Guinea-Bissau clash

#NPFLUpdates

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by enomakos(m): 8:46am On Mar 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Update: Chuba Akpom Becomes The First Middlesborough Player To Score More Than 20 Goals A Season In Over 3 Decades🇳🇬💪🏿

Nigerian striker Chuba Akpom is now officially the first Middlesbrough player in 33 years to score 20+ league goals in one season. 🦅

He achieved the feat after firing twice to help Middlesborough outshine Reading in a 5-goal thriller.🥶

Interestingly, Akpom has completed his switch to the Super Eagles of Nigeria, and may likely get his first ever call-up this month for the Guinea-Bissau clash

#NPFLUpdates
happy for this young man
Hard work pay

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:48am On Mar 05, 2023
Starboytwo:

lewandowski get world best too nah.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:52am On Mar 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:

#NPFLUpdates
I remember watching Akpom live then teens with Arsenal in US off season camp and expecting him to hit it but it was unknown Iwobi that made it to Arsenal first team.Akpom moved out of his comfort zone to Greek league and now doing well for Borough,hope to see him in EPL next season.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:56pm On Mar 05, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:20pm On Mar 05, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 2:47pm On Mar 05, 2023
Shut up and stop whining. cheesy grin. Everyone makes the best of every situation they find themselves in. Life doesn't present us with the same circumstances. That's clear. I have no idea why anyone would whine about that. The Guardiola you carry on your head today, has he ever coached any team not stacked with talent? He's been jumping from one established team to another. Perhaps if he coaches a much less talented team like Leeds to winning the premier league title, maybe some of us would consider him as good as Mourinho.

And yet he's considered better than most coaches. Maybe he should go and coach Leicester to the premier league title before we consider him great. Maybe we cannot consider him great becos he has always benefitted from a large pool of talent wherever he goes. Maybe he's not better than those coaches at the bottom of the premier league since they are coaching less talented teams so there's no basis for comparison. Nonsense.

Think my friend. Think. cheesy grin
TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
benji93:
Shut up and stop whining. cheesy grin. Everyone makes the best of every situation they find themselves in. Life doesn't present us with the same circumstances. That's clear. I have no idea why anyone would whine about that. The Guardiola you carry on your head today, has he ever coached any team not stacked with talent? He's been jumping from one established team to another. Perhaps if he coaches a much less talented team like Leeds to winning the premier league title, maybe some of us would consider him as good as Mourinho.

And yet he's considered better than most coaches. Maybe he should go and coach Leicester to the premier league title before we consider him great. Maybe we cannot consider him great becos he has always benefitted from a large pool of talent wherever he goes. Maybe he's not better than those coaches at the bottom of the premier league since they are coaching less talented teams so there's no basis for comparison. Nonsense.

Think my friend. Think. cheesy grin

I am not in anyway running Lewandowski down but pointing out his fantastic team mates played a part in him having a spectacular career. This is just a plain fact.

As for Guardiola, he has never failed to acknowledge that he has been blessed to work with some of the best players in the history of the game and they played a big part in his rise and current managerial status.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
Iwobi starts for Everton against Forrest

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2023
Yo Iwobi turned into Osimhen for a second grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:19pm On Mar 05, 2023
That's should be a red card for Gibbs-White
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:28pm On Mar 05, 2023
Dennis Emmanuel coming on in a bit

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:41pm On Mar 05, 2023
Ineedmoneybadly:
How come he has 17 big misses this season since he dey score all he chance?

Kudus is way better than osimehn 100/1

Since we’re gonna talk like a big fool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 4:42pm On Mar 05, 2023
Everton is one of 6 teams who've never been relegated since the creation of PL in 1992.

That will change by the end of this season. Useless club.
*Spits*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2023
Nigeria U20 forward Ibrahim Muhammad vs Uganda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r0McFmkC3k

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14285) (14286) (14287) (14288) (14289) (14290) (14291) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbengaolu360, joxxy01(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.