Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14329) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11594335 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14326) (14327) (14328) (14329) (14330) (14331) (14332) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:58pm On Mar 17, 2023
Danielnino00:

The fact that Napoli are 18 points clear on top on top of the Serie A and topped their UCL group shows just how consistent they have been this season... They certainly haven't underrated anyone...

They are favorites to beat Milan in the encounter... No cap!

and it will not be the first time that favorite will lose so they should allowed us to hype Napoli in peace lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

This is a huge point

However, I want you guys to understand this; this is UEFA and not Serie A

It's a different Ball game. Anything can happen

It will be a big shame if Napoli get's knocked out by AC Milan. It would put a huge dent on their image as Italian league leaders

I hope you see how Sporting Knocked Arsenal out last night

At least we won't hear Komekn's brag for a while

I agree, some teams sometimes present different forms in their domestic league and the international competitions..But Napoli have been consistent in both.. I didnt expect them to beat us 5-1 when we meet in the group stage.. ,but they exceeded expectations.. Also, Frankfurt are a decent team..but Napoli dispatched them easily..That should tell you how much in form they are this season...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2023
Curtisaxel10:
Unless Napoli screws up real bad, Osimhen has his fingers on the šŸ† already.

I think Osimhen is really blessed. Everything just dey work out for am. This year is his year.
That is still too optimistic. We are hopeful but it's just a possibility that looks feasible.

IMO, Peseiro should just release Osimhen from that tasteless list before one Guniea bissau home based defender will come and injure him. This Champions League is very important.

With or without Osimhen that game is our cake.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:03pm On Mar 17, 2023
maidaboi:
and it will not be the first time that favorite will lose so they should allowed us to hype Napoli in peace lol

If Osimhen wasn't a Napoli player, I'd be supporting Milan self.. they are my favorite team in Europe after Liverpool... Was a big fan of Kaka ehn! The man could ball!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

This is a huge point

It will be a big shame if Napoli get's knocked out by AC Milan. It would put a huge dent on their image as Italian league leaders

The only obstacle to Napoli beating AC Milan is Napoli. I understand that football sometimes can be funny, but all things being equal Napoli is favourite in both encounters.

Asides being one of the most consistent teams in Europe this season, AC Milan haven't been great the last couple of games. Since the year began, Milan has played 15 games I'm total. They won 5, drew 4 and lost 6. Again, all things being equal, the only obstacle in Napoli's path is Napoli themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:21pm On Mar 17, 2023
Nigerian u20 international Daniel Daga interesting Egyptian giants Al-Ahly

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

Bros, I trie oo

I just dey look them

Because AC Milan will sit back and let Napoli bang 6 unanswered goals abi?

I laugh

You see, it's the overconfidence of the Napoli fans that will be the greatest undoing of Napoli

Spalleti ought to warn his players over this. Whatever pundits or fans say should never get into their head

Because AC Milan will fight like a cornered Tiger and it won't be ugly
dem still dey see football as 1+1 na 2

Nobody here ever believed sporting Lisbon will knock high flying arsenal out of the uel last night same as man united vs barca in the 2nd round

Them don over look man city, Bayern n Madrid dey carry the trophy dey give Napoli šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Do you know that Napoli hv been one of the luckiest teams in this seasons ucl when it comes to pairing? The biggest and strongest team team they hv faced in this ucl so far is liverpool

I believe this year will be cityā€™s only if they can knock Bayern out

Also donā€™t write Madrid off same as Bayern
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:34pm On Mar 17, 2023
Danielnino00:

I agree, some teams sometimes present different forms in their domestic league and the international competitions..But Napoli have been consistent in both.. I didnt expect them to beat us 5-1 when we meet in the group stage.. ,but they exceeded expectations.. Also, Frankfurt are a decent team..but Napoli dispatched them easily..That should tell you how much in form they are this season...

We are poor this season

We may not make it to any European competition next season

I don't think LFC is a good metric to judge any team's performance

BTW, are we getting any new owners?

We need at least 7 new players next season or else, we are doomed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bossman5(m): 2:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
Even if Napoli do beat milan please don't underrate Benfica, they toped a group that had PSG and juve and didn't lose when they faced psg twice also did same with Barcelona last season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
Bossman5:
Even if Napoli do beat milan please don't underrate Benfica, they toped a group that had PSG and juve and didn't lose when they faced psg twice also did same with Barcelona last season
another deadly team in the competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Pacers beat the Bucks like they stole something grin

reason why i don't see the bucks winning the chip

Between celtics and kings..loll
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 2:44pm On Mar 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
dem still dey see football as 1+1 na 2

Nobody here ever believed sporting Lisbon will knock high flying arsenal out of the uel last night same as man united vs barca in the 2nd round

Them don over look man city, Bayern n Madrid dey carry the trophy dey give Napoli

Do you know that Napoli hv been one of the luckiest teams in this seasons ucl when it comes to pairing? The biggest and strongest team team they hv faced in this ucl so far is liverpool

I believe this year will be cityā€™s only if they can knock Bayern out

Also donā€™t write Madrid off same as Bayern
Frankfurt last season Europa league winners nor be strong team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:45pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

We are poor this season

We may not make it to any European competition next season

I don't think LFC is a good metric to judge any team's performance

BTW, are we getting any new owners?

We need at least 7 new players next season or else, we are doomed
this current liverpool side is not a good metric to measure napoliā€™s strength so far in the ucl this season

Liverpool hv been very inconsistent this season coupled with injury problems
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
you canā€™t compare Frankfurtā€™s strength to that of Napoli this season

Nawa to u oooo. Frankfurt is no match to Napoli at all. Teams that can go toe to toe with napoli this season from Germany are Bayern,dortmund and to an extend leipzig

Who be Frankfurt to be compared to Napoli?šŸ˜³
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Frankfurt wey struggle win Glasgow rangers

You for add that one šŸ¤£
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:51pm On Mar 17, 2023
Danielnino00:

The biggest prayer is for Osimhen to stay fit throughout all this... If he turns up forthe Guinea Bissau game, Peserio should sub him off at half time in the first leg abeg grin .. We have adequate backup firepower in Moffi, Lookman, Chukwueze and Onuachu...

Very important suggestion. Bag a first half brace and go rest.

The UCL and Serie A Double is our new Goal for Africa's Newest King of World Football.

Salah's and Mane's time is coming to an end... from this 2023 onwards, we are now into the Era Of Victor Osimhen as Africa's leading light in the World Game.

Inject it somebody!!! Inject IT NOW!!!

Inject it because today is my birthday and I am never wrong on Osimhen Prophecies.

Everything I have told him pre-Napoli is already coming to pass.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:55pm On Mar 17, 2023
nairalandankrah:
i must confess that osimhen is a better all round player than haaland... haaland goals nah mostly tap ins that even my granny can score

Another Convert. Thank you, Football gods šŸ¤²Their eyes are opening one by one. šŸ™Œ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 2:56pm On Mar 17, 2023
Danielnino00:

You mean say Alampasu na Egun boy too?
Yes o but on Orban I just dey catch cruise with Charles ni o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:08pm On Mar 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Frankfurt wey struggle win Glasgow rangers

You for add that one
Frankfurt way beat Barcelona

the same Barcelona way trash Napoli 5 - 1

you for add that one

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
I haven't exactly checked his hangtime duration but the height Osimhen attained this time likely surpassed the 2.58m he hit vs Spezia this season in Serie A.

Ronaldo hit 2.56 but Osimhen surpassed it vs Spezia.

Now, Lega Serie A said Osimhen hit a height count of 35 Osimhen Masks put on top of one another vs Frankfurt in the UCL. I had to get some rough dimensions of the height of one mask in Centimetres, multiply it by 35 and then divide by 100cm. What I got is crazy and suggests Osimhen might have yet again surpassed even the 2.61m that Tomori reached for Milan vs Juventus in the 2020/21 season.

One Mask height is roughly between 7.5cm - 9.105cm.

And we calculate for 35 Masks in cm and divide by 100cm. The jump height we obtain would be crazy.

Above Tomori's 2.61m (261cm).

semid4lyfe:

Great goal by Osimhen . He literally defied gravity. Reminds me of C. Ronaldo's goal for Juventus against Sampdoria in which he jumped 2.56metres and hung in the air for 1.5 seconds.

How high did Osimhen jump and how many seconds was the hangtime in the air?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:17pm On Mar 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

The UCL and Serie A Double is our new Goal for Africa's Newest King of World Football.

Salah's and Mane's time is coming to an end... from this 2023 onwards, we are now into the Era Of Victor Osimhen as Africa's leading light in the World Game.

Inject because today is my birthday and I am never wrong on Osimhen Prophecies.

happy birthday boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:20pm On Mar 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Inject because today is my birthday and I am never wrong on Osimhen Prophecies.

Happy Birthday bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:24pm On Mar 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
you canā€™t compare Frankfurtā€™s strength to that of Napoli this season

Nawa to u oooo. Frankfurt is no match to Napoli at all. Teams that can go toe to toe with napoli this season from Germany are Bayern,dortmund and to an extend leipzig

Who be Frankfurt to be compared to Napoli?
Napoli are just too good and consistent this season that's why you feel say the opponents way them don face nor strong

Frankfurt is a decent side and them for even beat Napoli of last season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:27pm On Mar 17, 2023
The Naija Warriors in Quarter Finals Action in the 3 European Competitions are:

UCL

Victor Osimhen (Napoli) vs AC Milan

UEL

Victor Boniface (Royal USG) vs Bayer Leverkusen

UECL

Terem Moffi (Nice) vs FC Basel

Gift Emmanuel Orban (Gent) vs West Ham Utd

#UCL #UEL #UECL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
Amedino99:
happy birthday boss

Thanks Amedino, my good man.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:36pm On Mar 17, 2023
maidaboi:
Happy Birthday bro

Gracias My Good Man. šŸ„‚

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:41pm On Mar 17, 2023
ICYMI: Victor Osimhen on that Penalty

"The penalty, Zieliniski asked me if he could take it, of course, Iā€™m a team player it doesnā€™t matter who scores as long as the team achieves success. I know my goals will come with or without penalty"

10 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:44pm On Mar 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Inject it because today is my birthday and I am never wrong on Osimhen Prophecies.

Thank Gid u told us about Victor Osimhen.
Let me expise the victor isimhen of our midfield

The bext gen midfielders we have that will be the next mikel oloseh okocha are

Samson Tijani he is allready on a risr if not for injuries thus season . Bt next season he will be ready. People here have forgotten that European clubs were all over him after u17

Daniel daga he is allready interesting al ahlyband is the next big thing at 16. Again european clubs are all over him

Ebenezer akinsanmiro from remo stars to inter Milan. The sky is his limit

Victor Eletu he has been in ac Milan since 14 and his is captain of their youth team

These boys will succeed in tge next few years abd put an end to our midfield issues

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

Happy Splendid birthday Doc
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:06pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

reason why i don't see the bucks winning the chip

Between celtics and kings..loll

Celtics that just lost to a 50 loss Rockets team? grin the Pacers have a really good team so that loss isn't so bad. Don't forget Hill and Nwora returned to send a message so there's that added push.

As for the Kings, I stand with our former coach sha but I will also love to see Westbrook shut everyone up and come out the West. So bucks vs Clippers and Giannis winning trophy number 2.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Celtics that just lost to a 50 loss Rockets team? grin the Pacers have a really good team so that loss isn't so bad. Don't forget Hill and Nwora returned to send a message so there's that added push.

As for the Kings, I stand with our former coach sha but I will also love to see Westbrook shut everyone up and come out the West. So bucks vs Clippers and Giannis winning trophy number 2.

Lolll

Losses yo weaker teams happen all the time

Doesn't change who the stronger of the two teams are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 4:46pm On Mar 17, 2023
Blueelf:

This is a huge point

Nope. AC Milan is equally a team of substance and higher pedigree in comparison to Napoli. They have a richer history in the Champions league. They are as good as proving what they stand for when they face Napoli. It will rather be a dent on them to allow Napoli to walk on their face when they meet in the CL. This is Milan's only chance at winning a trophy too this season. So it will not be easy for Napoli and I hope they can make history for themselves by qualifying for their first CL semifinals. Milan has already won the CL five times, that's the biggest number by an Italian team. So they have the pedigree. Napoli has the form.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14326) (14327) (14328) (14329) (14330) (14331) (14332) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.