Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11700080 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14399) (14400) (14401) (14402) (14403) (14404) (14405) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
Emmy450:
nobody blamed it solely o him, but be honest with yourself, he is a major factor in this shambles we are currently in

indeed he is a major factor,

Covid 19, Dalung and his brother Giwa, He having to source for sponsors left and right,
After our Scout turned minister refuse to release funds,

The only thing I blamed him for is the coaches appointments, he did not get it right,

as for management, he is good,

So tell me how is he a major part of what we are witnessing now, or is he the one who ask them to go about those seamless list,

So that they went as far back as inviting somebody from yumyum Fc

CC Elder Kog45
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

Loll

I doubt you saw him play bro

Victor Moses is one of our most intelligent wingers in recent times

Dude knew how to cross a ball to save his life

How many chances did Chukwueze create in the just concluded match.
If Chukwueze has the coordination in play that Victor Moses during his stint enjoyed, you will be telling a different story.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
Danielnino00:
Via Adepoju Tobi Samuel

Ibrahim Gusau cleaning up Amaju Pinnick mess πŸ‘‡

Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has been paid $210,000 (about N156,400,000), being three of the 10 months salary owed him by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Head coaches of other national teams like the Super Falcons, U-23 Eagles, Flying Eagles, Falconets, Golden Eaglets and the Flamingos were paid between five and seven months salaries.

I disagree with this take, before the appointment of Jose, doesn't Dare said the ministry will take care of the coaches Salaries, and that's why it took time before the appointment,

or you can clear me if am wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

Kain

I dey wait for that pinnick younger brother to come defend am

It won't be funny walahi

No need to wait, I Don drop my take, I don't like going down searching for prove that's already on this thread, cos it's a wasted of my scarce data thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:31pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

Loll

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:32pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

Loll

All our current wingers have the ability to change the outcome of a match.
We have seen that over and over.

Victor Moses might not do better than Moses Simon and Chukwueze under the same playing personnel, but how can we even say that when we are yet to witness it.

Our current pattern of play can be very disjointed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
daveP:
Are you trying to be hilarious right now??πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You watch Club football and see top players do the "singlehandedly running from defence to attack, doing wonders" and most definitely hype and praise such players. So VicMo own is now 'there' or 'nothing worth the hype'??
Abeg abeg abeg!!!

Eweeeeeee @ boldened!

I case my rest! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

Sometimes ehn, things you read here can shock you pass electricity

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Bendel Insurance vs Akwa United highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWuldIwuiY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Meliforme:

Victor Moses might not do better than Moses Simon and Chukwueze under the same playing personnel, but how can we even say that when we are yet to witness it.

I beg to disagree thank you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
do4luv14:

indeed he is a major factor,

Covid 19, Dalung and his brother Giwa, He having to source for sponsors left and right,
After our Scout turned minister refuse to release funds,

The only thing I blamed him for is the coaches appointments, he did not get it right,

as for management, he is good,

So tell me how is he a major part of what we are witnessing now, or is he the one who ask them to go about those seamless list,

So that they went as far back as inviting somebody from yumyum Fc

CC Elder Kog45
Oga u don call me out o... first question why are we having backlogs of salaries being paid now, left for Pinnick and Gusau to answer that cuz the two worked together during Amaju tenure.Remember I said NFF presidents are too hidden and this gave people opportunity to label them corrupt.Honestly I thought Amaju would give us better NFF but no.. On sponsorship yes he tried but the best brand we have was between 1993-1998 this marked the beginning of real eagles branding and we all saw the results Afcon won,qualified for first WC, won Olympic gold and later went to France 98,honestly if not for political issue Nigeria would have won 96 and 98 Afcon.... Amaju has done his best now left for Gusau to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2023
Meliforme:

Oga better for Chuckwueze to shake things up or else he would just be remember for nothing in eagles... Vic Moses has his record now left for our wingers to measure up. Haha bros, Vic Moses against Guinea Bissau

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
BascoVanVeli:
Bendel Insurance vs Akwa United highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWuldIwuiY
Basco thanks,pls you need to do more on NPFL, pls scout players for NFF through your channel... invitation to under23 was an eyesore

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kog45:
Basco thanks,pls you need to do more on NPFL, pls scout players for NFF through your channel... invitation to under23 was an eyesore
That is why I will always advocate for a foreign coach. Agents of footballers in dead leagues penetrated salisu and boboye and made sure their players were invited. They put personal interests before National interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2023
daveP:
Are you trying to be hilarious right now??πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You watch Club football and see top players do the "singlehandedly running from defence to attack, doing wonders" and most definitely hype and praise such players. So VicMo own is now 'there' or 'nothing worth the hype'??
Abeg abeg abeg!!!

Eweeeeeee @ boldened!

I case my rest! 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

lolll

in fact ehn...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:21pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kog45:
Sir it's not about given option to go to Arsenal or Ajegunle playing ground :::Siasia,Amuneke,Ikpeba and Ighalo are AJ products and good we have two APOTY and ex man utd amongst... my point is simple we have players that went through academy and still lack basics skill that some believed Chuckwueze and Moses doesn't have and are Europeans.

How many award winners do Barca academy have

LFC and Arsenal nko?

ManU nko?

What of Bayern Acad?

Okay Sporting Lisbon nko?

Abeg egbon, even you sef kno say wetin you talk no true

Haba, streets better than academy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

How many award winners do Barca academy have

LFC and Arsenal nko?

ManU nko?

What of Bayern Acad?

Okay Sporting Lisbon nko?

Abeg egbon, even you sef kno say wetin you talk no true

Haba, streets better than academy

Bro you they fall my hand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 4:30pm On Mar 30, 2023
typicalgamer:

I strongly disagree sir I strongly disagree again no insults

But we all watch soccer on tv ? Right we all have smartphones computers to do our own research πŸ”¬ and understanding.

I’m still standing by this your above statement can’t be far from the truth.

My elder bro no enter university anyday but he’s an expert coder and computer programmer. Self taught

My point is that all what they’ll teach you in an academy is already out there for you to learn yourself

The difference between academy and street is opportunity.

Skill wise none is superior no matter the training
okay good, we have a common ground "skill wise".. those skills are are talents, it's inbuilt (you already have them in you or the potential to do), what the academy does is to teach you the basics of football and in turn harness your skills (potentials) if you already make use of your skills, the academy will sharpen them into productivity with modern football equipments,.. but on the street you Don't have that you're left with your skills and whatever you could do with it....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kog45:
Dull onesπŸ˜„πŸ˜„
πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 4:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
Danielnino00:
Via Adepoju Tobi Samuel

Ibrahim Gusau cleaning up Amaju Pinnick mess πŸ‘‡

Super Eagles Head Coach, Jose Peseiro, has been paid $210,000 (about N156,400,000), being three of the 10 months salary owed him by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Head coaches of other national teams like the Super Falcons, U-23 Eagles, Flying Eagles, Falconets, Golden Eaglets and the Flamingos were paid between five and seven months salaries.
good
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 4:40pm On Mar 30, 2023
Blueelf:

Baba you could only mention a handful

Now compare that to all the past and present winners of ballon D'or as well as its nominees who were trained by respective European club academies

Ebony you know say na true I dey talk

Okay, if your child was given the option to either train in Arsenal's youth academy in England and a street in Ajegunle Lagos, choose Ajegunle. Please I want to check something

cheesy grin grin grin grin
wayre πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2023
TheGoodJoe:
I will like to give my take on the discussion about street versus academy footballers. Is it necessary? I think it is but I also feel real talent trumps academy football. Without the talent, no matter how much training a player gets, he can't out perform a talented player with ample amount of knowledge.

Let us use Tammy Abraham, and Victor Osimhen. Victor Osimhen is street, while Tammy Abraham joined Chelsea around 8 years old and was well nurtured in the European art of play.

Today, if you compare Osimhen and Abraham, Osimhen is more rated.

What this entails is that, a street kid can possess more quality than a highly trained academy player.

However, I believe Osimhen would have even become a far better player if he was raised in a quality academy.

So, when it comes to Europe, comprehensive scouting goes on through the numerous well run academies, while in Nigeria, over 90% of the quality talents are not harnessed.

So, if you hold a quality open screening exercise, you are bound to get lots of quality talents that will beat many explored players. However, if the talents are nurtured, they can even perform better.
thank you thegoodjoe this is exactly what I was trying to make clear.. you just made clearer picture of the whole discuss.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2023
Kog45:
Oga u don call me out o... first question why are we having backlogs of salaries being paid now, left for Pinnick and Gusau to answer that cuz the two worked together during Amaju tenure.Remember I said NFF presidents are too hidden and this gave people opportunity to label them corrupt.Honestly I thought Amaju would give us better NFF but no.. On sponsorship yes he tried but the best brand we have was between 1993-1998 this marked the beginning of real eagles branding and we all saw the results Afcon won,qualified for first WC, won Olympic gold and later went to France 98,honestly if not for political issue Nigeria would have won 96 and 98 Afcon.... Amaju has done his best now left for Gusau to do the needful.

You cant blame him for not giving us a good NFF,
He even took over from a choas Nff, maligned by election brouhaha,

He even started out well, with the U15 and U14,
Then minster Dalung refusing to release funds, and Giwa dragging him to court,

He went on sponsorship drive to source for funds, while he got one to take care of Rohr and Dennerby Salaries,

The lock down so and Covid does not help, , and one of his major sponsor going through difficult time, necessary the owing of the coaches salaries,

Sir be honest, will you now blame him for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2023
elyte89:

Make dem pay dis man off and sack him by June…simple
There is a clause in his contract that says he must resign if he fails to win the afcon. Na why baba dey jubilate on Monday grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2023
do4luv14:

I disagree with this take, before the appointment of Jose, doesn't Dare said the ministry will take care of the coaches Salaries, and that's why it took time before the appointment,

or you can clear me if am wrong
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2023
Seeing osimhen here and his value put a smile on my face

Osimhen is who he think he is

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:11pm On Mar 30, 2023
do4luv14:

I beg to disagree thank you

What are your disagreements
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2023
These are the only 100M+ euros players of worth according to Transfermrkt. And Osimhen is the only African player in that bracket today.

Used to be Mane and Salah but the Osimhen era is now in full session.

He's HIM indeed. πŸ”₯βœ…οΈ

andrew444:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 7:51pm On Mar 30, 2023
andrew444:

3 Nigerians WOW
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:14pm On Mar 30, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
These are the only 100M+ euros players of worth according to Transfermrkt. And Osimhen is the only African player in that bracket today.

Used to be Mane and Salah but the Osimhen era is now in full session.

He's HIM indeed. πŸ”₯βœ…οΈ

lolll

okay

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 8:15pm On Mar 30, 2023
andrew444:

andrewsee all naija talent wasted for NOTHER COUNTRY

IF ONLY WE HAD GOOD BRANDING

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 8:22pm On Mar 30, 2023
andrew444:

Osimhen is who he thinks he is

If we check jude Bellingham and Vinicius' DNA I will not be surprised they carry Nigerian ancestry. See Saka see Jamal Musiala. Even Mbappe is said to have a bit Nigerian blood. God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:26pm On Mar 30, 2023
mostob:
grin grin

You are laffing

(1) (2) (3) ... (14399) (14400) (14401) (14402) (14403) (14404) (14405) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Suzzytee05(f), elyte89, do4luv14(m), Odunayaw(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.