Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,536 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657283 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14652) (14653) (14654) (14655) (14656) (14657) (14658) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57pm On May 27, 2023
Papi85:
what position em dey play? People Abi pepple?

Forward player.

The pertinent question is he good enough for the EPL in my opinion NO.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:04pm On May 27, 2023
I don't understand this argument. On the balance of play against Italy and Brazil, Bameyi is a better RB than Njoku. He might not be a great CB but the two goals were not his fault. The two goals came from the RB position (the corner and the counter).
A RB should be aware that his number 7 could loose the ball in that position and track back. He was just there in a no man's land.

Despite being in attacking position he had just one good cross all 90 minutes and you are even proud to say it. lol.
You are the untruthful one. Even the best defenders lose their markers in a corner kick. That is nothing new but what was Njoku doing on the line if not to defend, yet the ball hit the net. You left Njoku out of your blame game cos he is... lol
TheSuperNerd:
You can defend Daniel Bameyi all you want but you are talking off tangent and being typically untruthful.

Aerially he messed up the 1v1 battle with that Pedroso as he should easily have been first to that ball.

Also for the second goal we conceeded, when the team was on the attack, Njoku was part of that attacking transition. Bameyi, Ogwuche were the core of the "rest defence" as Brazil countered and Bameyi faltered positionally. You are just manufacturing excuses for Bameyi.

Bameyi was poor all round. Damn. All he did all game was hoof the damn ball.

What positioning does Bameyi have? Dude is positionally poor and technically unintelligent.

He got exposed for the Carpenter talent he is.

Giving him the captain band is to ensure he starts games. Sacred cow treatment.

@Bolded... All Lies. Njoku was good today. You are just talking up Bameyi.

Njoku recorded 5 accurate long ball passes and recorded 100% crosses (1 good cross).

Bameyi on the other hand completed only 3 long balls out of 16 attempts ooo. Why?? Cause he was hoofing them like aimless stones.

Njoku even recorded more tackles and interceptions combined (6) than Bameyi (2).

Stop the silly caps mister man. You are the sentimental one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:09pm On May 27, 2023
So Nigeria is not a good side? Uzbek will beat Italy? lol
JohnBullMySon:
Uzbek is a good side.

If you wanna bet. Bet against Nigeria. To be patriotic, I want Nigeria to win but I predict Nigeria to lose by 2 goals to nil.

Nigeria 0- 2 Argentina
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10pm On May 27, 2023
After all the posturing and arguments, claims an counter claims about player quality.

The pertinent question is not who wins the Tournament , but how many of these players will go on to play in top leagues and clubs❓

Because that's the basis for national team selection not U21 football ⚽

How many of the Brazilians will we see in the EPL , La Liga, Bundisliga, etc and how many Nigerians ❓❓

Everything else is academic.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:12pm On May 27, 2023
Marjoribanks:
So Nigeria is not a good side? Uzbek will beat Italy? lol
the Uzbek boys good ooo. E be like u never watch them for this competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:13pm On May 27, 2023
komekn:

Forward player.

The pertinent question is he good enough for the EPL in my opinion NO.
they will loan him to a championship club then. I just pray Osho does well in the epl next season to attract a call up to the super eagles for more quality and depth to our defense
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:13pm On May 27, 2023
When everyone said we will beat Brazil, I raised a caution. I said the Italians have no history at this level but Brazil has.
The Italians goals against Brazil came from corner kicks.
With Benjamin in defense Brazil won't have scored the first goal and the second.
Read my earlier post.
Football is about history.
Samueltemi337:
You don start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:17pm On May 27, 2023
Their only victory was against Guatemala. They drew with NewZealand and lost to Argentina. Abi, is it another Uzbek? lol
Papi85:
the Uzbek boys good ooo. E be like u never watch them for this competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:18pm On May 27, 2023
This argument was already over the moment you spat your lies on Njoku having Zero crosses and Zero Long balls.

I busted your lies with the right stats and you still talking. Mtcheeew.

Everything else you are saying is Irrelevant and only manufactured nonsense to talk up a terrible player we are managing at RB only for his gidigbo defensive football.

Rest.

#MDU20WCDiaries

Marjoribanks:
I don't understand this argument. On the balance of play against Italy and Brazil, Bameyi is a better RB than Njoku. He might not be a great CB but the two goals were not his fault. The two goals came from the RB position (the corner and the counter).
A RB should be aware that his number 7 could loose the ball in that position and track back. He was just there in a no man's land.

Despite being in attacking position he had just one good cross all 90 minutes and you are even proud to say it. lol.
You are the untruthful one. Even the best defenders lose their markers in a corner kick. That is nothing new but what was Njoku doing on the line if not to defend, yet the ball hit the net. You left Njoku out of your blame game cos he is... lol

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:24pm On May 27, 2023
But you are proud of Njoku cos of his defensive kidigbo too? Njoku added nothing to our attack no chances created, no shot at goal over 90 minutes. Go watch Bameyi against Italy and accord him the appropriate respect. Njoku no even resemble footballer. Dey run like chicken when your team is being countered. lol
TheSuperNerd:
This argument was already over the moment you spat your lies on Njoku having Zero crosses and Zero Long balls.

I busted your lies with the right stats and you still talking. Mtcheeew.

Everything else you are saying is Irrelevant and only manufactured nonsense to talk up a terrible player we are managing at RB only for his gidigbo defensive football.

Rest.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jieta: 10:33pm On May 27, 2023
komekn:

Can you give me any iota of a shred of official corroborated independent evidence of a Nigerian born in Nigeria age. At the very best we can have an age range but no specifics.

Brazil has automatic governmental data capture at birth. We DO NOT.

So you rely entirely on the players integrity it's like taking a bank loan based on persons uncorroborated claim to pay back.
Now i know that you're anti Nigeria, you're not a sincere human being. You see those Brazilian grand pa with mustache you are still defending them.

So a twenty years old black man will have a mustache not bears am talking about those strong mustache i saw.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2023
Njoku was levels smoother on the ball and across all game phases compared to Bameyi. Defended and joined the attack in repeated transitions. He linked up the plays well up and down the right flank and switched plays even via some long balls.

Njoku had the best passing range Stats and defensive stats today of all our defenders followed by Ogwuche. Statisically proven even. The more you talk, the more your stand get exposed for the obvious Bameyi Agenda you are running.

Bameyi created Zero chances vs Italy as well. And why pin chance creation on a RB? Lol. Your take is just ridiculous.

Now tell me, why lie that Njoku made Zero Crosses and Zero Long balls today??

Speaking untruths only make you a poor analyst.

#MDU20WCDiaries

Marjoribanks:
But you are proud of Njoku cos of his defensive kidigbo too? Njoku added nothing to our attack no chances created, no shot at goal over 90 minutes. Go watch Bameyi against Italy and accord him the appropriate respect. Njoku no even resemble footballer. Dey run like chicken when your team is being countered. lol

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:35pm On May 27, 2023
Colombia don sell match to Senegal cos wtf was that!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:38pm On May 27, 2023
I replied a moniker yesterday that Senegal isn't out yet until Colombia does their job.

Well, Senegal still have a chance and they are leading Colombia 1-0 now. Goal was a gift but who cares?

#MDU20WCDiaries

MetalJigsaw:
Senegal are also playing tonight. What is their status?

Have they qualified or still in the battle?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 10:46pm On May 27, 2023
He has the environment that enabled him to keep trying. Did Arsenal afford Nwakali that kind of opportunity in England despite retaining him ahead of EZE. In your words if Nwakali has a British passport he won't have been loaned outside England cos of the 75% rule. If Nwakali has an English passport he will be the mainstay of Arsenal midfield now. That passport gave EZE the priviledge to keep trying while Nwakali was sent out to the highest bidder thereby disrupting his progress.
komekn:

Please forgive me, maybe 🤔 you haven't ever left Nigeria and or have a wide and informed social network.

Otherwise you would not have this very misinformed view .

Living in Nigeria bis very very tough it's easier in England but there are still several challenges nonetheless.

Making in football ⚽ means you will have to overcome several obstacles and being in England will not give you any overriding advantage.

First of all talking genetics 🧬 and athletic disposition of African origin football ⚽ players in Europe and England specifically.

If Nwakali was in England he would first of have to prove himself at grass roots level and get scouted, then he will have to compete with hundreds of African origin boys both in and outside the club for several years. And then you will get signed from age 8 until 16 or earlier when you can get your first youth program professional contract.

Eberechi was released after 5 years at Arsenal several players were considered better than him , Willock, Maitland, as well as the ubiquitous Nwakali here.

Yes 👍🏿 Nwakali was retained and Eberechi Eze released.

When you come into a club as paid for international award winning player. Your are given precedent over other players ( you cost money) and you will be favoured and other players put to one side. Your will be given the benefit of the doubt and given opportunity to prove your oustanding ability.

If you're fail you will be released but if you are under contract you will stay until the contract period is terminated. Nwakali had a long contract and had ample opportunity to prove his assumed quality.

On the other hand Eberechi went to near 10 clubs looking for opportunity, from Arsenal, to Fulham, to Reading, Cardiff, etc until Millwall and then finally at 16 he got into QPR, within 6 months he was in the first team .

Eberechi was only U14 when he got released he cried like a baby and had keep going after continuous disappointments.

Now tell me how Eberechi had more privilege than Nwakali ❓❓

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 10:54pm On May 27, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
I replied a moniker yesterday that Senegal isn't out yet until Colombia does their job.

Well, Senegal still have a chance and they are leading Colombia 1-0 now. Goal was a gift but who cares?

#MDU20WCDiaries

If Senegal wins this game then my earlier prediction fails completely. I never expected Senegal to lead and they shouldn't even be leading lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:02pm On May 27, 2023
forgiveness:

How is he the cause of the 2 goals? sad

Did he lose the ball at the front before we were countered?

Some of you think na by mouth dem dey take play ball. If dem say make una enter field, shingbin una no go fit play.

The boys tried but the Brazilian were tactically better. Abeg, whose fault be dat? grin player abi coach?
what are you even saying? Is he not a defender? Of course you didn't watch the game. No need engaging you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:04pm On May 27, 2023
lovewins:

This is the guy Yakubu Aiyegbeni reportedly gave the team. Underwhelming to be honest.
Like connection or what? Nawa o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:06pm On May 27, 2023
chuks404:
what are you even saying? Is he not a defender? Of course you didn't watch the game. No need engaging you.

Really? He should have the blame for loosing the ball too, abk?

Oga, I watched the match live.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:07pm On May 27, 2023
komekn:

The Favelas are largely lawless but still there is access to medical health administrative control and management. That enables automatic birth data capture.

That's from a urban socio-economic perspective.

However, if you talk about the fee isolated indigenous people within the Amazon then you have a point, although they are less than 5% of the population.

In addition indegenous peoples don't have urban locations and football ⚽ that is 99% urban based.

Your proposition is highly inaccurate.
Actually he's right. As much as it looks like they have data and etc, a large % of people in that South america region are nowhere in records like that. If na Europe now, na another thing entirely. Especially with this orphans situations upandan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:10pm On May 27, 2023
Marjoribanks:
This guy and false info are like twins. Na everyone dey born for hospital for Brazil? How many years ago did Brazil started their capture. Some places in Brazil worst past Ajekunle. For real! Stop being myopic by feeding people false info.
bros it seems you have oral diarrhea . Must you add delusion to make your point?Omo state your facts and stop being childish. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 11:12pm On May 27, 2023
forgiveness:

Really? He should have the blame for loosing the ball too, abk?

Oga, I watched the match live.
. I don hear you. So that corner, u no see am, abi unnecessary ballooning of ball without target putting his teammates into pressure, u no see am? No wahala. Bameyi for best player of the tournament.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AmehTsaev: 11:33pm On May 27, 2023
The USA is really good but I would rather we face them rather than host nation Argentina, cause that one will be sure beating...they have the better of our numbers already at all levels of football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:45pm On May 27, 2023
Passes to who? Backward and sideways passes? Passes and crosses that created no single chance or shot at goal. Njoku was the worst on the field today in that first half. Bosso had to stop him from going forward in the 2nd half. How can a RB lack pace in this modern era? lol. Statistics that produced no result which publisher will publish such! lol
TheSuperNerd:
Njoku was levels smoother on the ball and across all game phases compared to Bameyi. Defended and joined the attack in repeated transitions. He linked up the plays well up and down the right flank and switched plays even via some long balls.

Njoku had the best passing range Stats and defensive stats today of all our defenders followed by Ogwuche. Statisically proven even. The more you talk, the more your stand get exposed for the obvious Bameyi Agenda you are running.

Bameyi created Zero chances vs Italy as well. And why pin chance creation on a RB? Lol. Your take is just ridiculous.

Now tell me, why lie that Njoku made Zero Crosses and Zero Long balls today??

Speaking untruths only make you a poor analyst.

#MDU20WCDiaries

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:48pm On May 27, 2023
Is this not a delusional statement? How many of his ballon balls put his teamates under pressure? Relying on falacy to proof a point. yeye!
chuks404:
. I don hear you. So that corner, u no see am, abi unnecessary ballooning of ball without target putting his teammates into pressure, u no see am? No wahala. Bameyi for best player of the tournament.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:52pm On May 27, 2023
10 men Isreal leading 2-1 Wow!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 11:56pm On May 27, 2023
Senegall f....kkkk!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:58pm On May 27, 2023
Looks like your prediction may stand afterall.

Colombia just equalised. Senegal are bottom as we speak.

JohnBullMySon:
If Senegal wins this game then my earlier prediction fails completely. I never expected Senegal to lead and they shouldn't even be leading lol.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 11:59pm On May 27, 2023
TheSuperNerd:

#MDU20WCDiaries

Senegal had so many opportunities to score more but they played nonsense in a lot of cases. They are deservedly going back to Dakar.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:59pm On May 27, 2023
Why lie that Njoku made Zero Crosses and Zero Long balls today??

Answer that, talkative.

Marjoribanks:
Passes to who? Backward and sideways passes? Passes and crosses that created no single chance or shot at goal. Njoku was the worst on the field today in that first half. Bosso had to stop him from going forward in the 2nd half. How can a RB lack pace in this modern era? lol. Statistics that produced no result which publisher will publish such! lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:01am On May 28, 2023
Deservedly. I agree 100%.

Conquering Africa is one thing. Proving that title as Champs of the continent on the world stage is another. Senegal have been unimpressive at this WC for the most parts.

I think only Seydou Sano (CB) impressed me in that team.

AndSunGorilla:

Senegal had so many opportunities to score more but they played nonsense in a lot of cases. They are deservedly going back to Dakar.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:03am On May 28, 2023
This u20 truly get as e be. No wonder African teams barely make waves. Team has to well oiled plus taking chances>>>>>> team pedigree.

That potato farm we played on, i hope that's the last we are playing there? Smh

(1) (2) (3) ... (14652) (14653) (14654) (14655) (14656) (14657) (14658) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hanibal(m), AndSunGorilla and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.