Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,077 members, 7,835,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14728) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11780819 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14725) (14726) (14727) (14728) (14729) (14730) (14731) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
mostob:
Saka won't play all the games bro. Moreso, Chuks will improve the more by working with Arteta.

Do you remember a certain Pepe that did so well in French league one with Lille, bought for £75 million. Came with big expectations.

However, it was a bit too much for him. As one small 17 year old boy with consistent end product and good work rate benched and effectively made him useless.

Just a note of caution.

End product is more important than unnecessary dribbling, skills and show boating.

He will need to be aware of a good number of academy boys much more familiar with the Arsenal way looking for opportunity. He should not just concentrate on Saka.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
komekn:

What happened to Napoli and Real Madrid
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ex U17 winger Olakunle Olusegun leave Russian side Krasnodar. Move to French ligue 1 and next season’s UCL campaigners RC Lens eminent

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

It's even a rumour not even a substantive contract offer.

Just rumour for the most oustanding Midfielder in the Segunda division according to some here.

Statistics are indicative not conclusive of quality all things taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
komekn:

Just rumour for the most oustanding Midfielder in the Segunda division according to some here.

Statistics are indicative not conclusive of quality all things taken into consideration.
zukwanuike bros 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
komekn:

yes nothing concrete yet. Few other laliga 2 teams are interested too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
I really feel sad about Nwakali. I really felt by now he would be playing in the top flight even if it is a mid table team. What is he really doing wrong?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
komekn:

Do you remember a certain Pepe that did so well in French league one with Lille, bought for £75 million. Came with big expectations.

However, it was a bit too much for him. As one small 17 year old boy with consistent end product and good work rate benched and effectively made him useless.

Just a note of caution.

End product is more important than unnecessary dribbling, skills and show boating.

He will need to be aware of a good number of academy boys much more familiar with the Arsenal way looking for opportunity. He should not just concentrate on Saka.
Samu is beyond going to a club where he will be benched as it would affect his confidence. Arsenal is a no no for me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sportilitica:
I really feel sad about Nwakali. I really felt by now he would be playing in the top flight even if it is a mid table team. What is he really doing wrong?
what is really wrong is that he is not good enough🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sportilitica:

Samu is beyond going to a club where he will be benched as it would affect his confidence. Arsenal is a no no for me
if he moves to arsenal he won’t play much unless Saka is injured. He is just been monitored as a cover for Saka

If he joins Milan the combo of him and Leao on the flanks will be a delight to watch. Samu will be a star in Italy 🇮🇹

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
Op, what’s your source for this story because I am almost certain that Real Madrid is not in the running to sign Osimhen. Their two targets this summer are : Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe. However, Osimhen should go if Bayern Munich comes calling.

All in all, I will like him to avoid Chelsea like a plague.

O pari

Samueltemi337:
Osimhen agent rejects Napoli
contract extension

According to reports in Italy, Roberto Calenda, agent of Napoli
striker Victor Osimhen, has refused to hold talks with Napoli
President Aurelio De Laurentiis over Osimhen’s contract
extension.

Several reports have linked the Nigerian out of the Stadio
Amando Maradona in the summer
According to Area Napoli, Calenda is not willing to negotiate
any contract discussion with De Laurentiis as he is pushing for
an exit for his client in the summer.

The 24-year-old’s future is set to be a major talking point, with
Napoli under pressure to keep their best prospect.
The striker enjoyed a superb 2022/23 season in the Serie A,
where he registered 26 goals and four assists in 32 league
appearances for Gli Azzurri.

His impressive outing helped fire the Partenopei to their first
Serie A title since 1990 and was named Serie A Striker of the
Season.

Several clubs are reportedly interested in acquiring his
signature, with Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and Real
Madrid also in the race to sign the forward, whose contract
expires in 2025.

“Victor Osimhen and his agent have no intention of sitting at
the table with Aurelio De Laurentiis and extending their
contract with the blue club,” a statement on Area Napoli read.
“Chelsea and PSG have already made their advances for
Osimhen: Roberto Calenda, the Nigerian’s agent, does not
intend to extend the contract which expires in 2025.
“With the €100m that Bayern Munich has put on the market,
Osimhen remains unapproachable without ifs and buts,
perhaps even for €120m, because by now the prices are
rising.”

The Super Eagles striker was signed for €75m plus add-ons
from French side Lille in September 2020 and still has two
years left on his contract and De Laurentiis does not want to
risk selling him at a reduced fee.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2023
Icon79:
Op, what’s your source for this story because I am almost certain that Real Madrid is not in the running to sign Osimhen. Their two targets this summer are : Harry Kane and Kylian Mbappe. However, Osimhen should go if Bayern Munich comes calling.

O pari

The source is clearly stated on the post (Area Napoli)
And what do you think about a move to PSG?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
Icon79:

O pari

even Bayern don withdraw their interest because of the amount Napoli is demanding

Also for now only chelsea and Psg are interested. Man united are interested too but like Bayern won’t pay anything beyond 100m

Madrid is out of the discussion na Samueltemi dey force them to sign osimhen 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
Samueltemi337:
The source is clearly stated on the post (Area Napoli)
And what do you think about a move to PSG?
which area for Napoli?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2023
I saw a video where Chukwueze and Awoniyi were teasing themselves
Chukwueze told Awoniyi if it easily to score against Arsenal and Chelsea
And Awoniyi replied if it was easy to win best African player in la liga
And to my greatest surprise senior man kelz was just there quite nothing to talk about grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
which area for Napoli?
Go Naples go find the area
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Go Naples go find the area
sign am for Madrid na 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
Samueltemi337:
I saw a video where Chukwueze and Awoniyi were teasing themselves
Chukwueze told Awoniyi if it easily to score against Arsenal and Chelsea
And Awoniyi replied if it was easy to win best African player in la liga
And to my greatest surprise senior man kelz was just there quite nothing to talk about grin
iheanacho for tell them how difficult to be relegated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
Promoted epl club Burnley in talks with relegated southampton for the permanent signing of super eagles eligible forward Nathan Tella

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bossman5(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
iheanacho for tell them how difficult to be relegated
😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
One of the most sort after defenders in Europe currently - Evan Ndicka recently picked Ivory Coast, his mum's country ahead of France - his country of birth, and Cameroun, his dad's country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
what is really wrong is that he don’t good enough🤣

As long as Kelechi Nwakali is concerned, omo ship dun sail 360°, and never to re-anchor for any jamad..., so I don't expect nothing from him anymore.

I have got my eyes of Daga, he is robust and explosive. Eletu for his guile and artistry. Akin who looks like a young Toure.

As crazy as it may sound, I don't rate Raphael Onyedika of Club Brugge.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
ChrisKels:
One of the most sort after defenders in Europe currently - Evan Ndicka recently picked Ivory Coast, his mum's country ahead of France - his country of birth, and Cameroun, his dad's country.
he just joined Roma last week on a feee transfer. I think the issue is our NFF

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:55pm On Jun 14, 2023
ChrisKels:

As long as Kelechi Nwakali is concerned, omo ship dun sail 360°, and never to re-anchor for any jamad..., so I don't expect nothing from him anymore.

I have got my eyes of Daga, he is robust and explosive. Eletu for his guile and artistry. Akin who looks like a young Toure.

Raphael onyedika is just like ndidi and Onyeka nothing special

No be here the goodjoe Dey argue that he is as good as David silva and gundogan 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
ChrisKels:

I just pray and hope that Daga, Eletu and others coming up will live up to the expectation

Another I hv big hope on is Tochukwu Nnadi. If that guy happen to move to a better league he has what it takes to metamorphose to another Michael Essien. I too like the guy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
he just joined Roma last week on a feee transfer. I think the issue is our NFF

It is not just about the NFF bro. Those Francophone countries aren't really doing anything extra ordinary, it is just that the French team is super saturated, unlike the English team and others. Just imagine a player like Marc Guehi snubbing Ivory Coast for England, and also getting called up for the 3lions. If Marc Guehi was born in France, he would grow grey hairs waiting to be considered by the French team.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
ChrisKels:

It is not just about the NFF bro. Those Francophone countries aren't really doing anything extra ordinary, it is just that the French team is super saturated, unlike the English team and others. Just imagine a player like Marc Guehi snubbing Ivory Coast for England, and also getting called up for the 3lions. If Marc Guehi was born in France, he would grow grey hairs waiting to be considered by the French team.
well you made a lot of sense in your post.

For a dual citizen player to make it to the French nations team set up he has to be super good and quality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I just pray and hope that Daga, Eletu and others coming up will live up to the expectation

Another I hv big hope on is Tochukwu Nnadi. If that guy happen to move to a better league he metamorphose to another Michael Essien. I too like the guy

Let's see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
ChrisKels:

when I gave up on nwakali was many season ago when he couldn’t mk the cut in Eirdivisie that is renowned of grooming young talents. Imagine been tossed by the side by VV Venlo Abi NAC Breda?

A player who struggled for game time in Porto’s B team? Na wetin person Dey talk then many see am as hate

Nwakali technically is a good player but physically he is too weak and fragile for top flight football. Football of this generation needs a lot of energy and agility for a player to succeed mostly midfielders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
charlesemeka85:
when I have up on nwakali was many season ago when he couldn’t mk the cut in Eirdivisie that is renowned of grooming young talents. Imagine been tossed by the side by VV Venlo Abi NAC Breda?

A player who struggled for game time in Porto’s B team? Na wetin person Dey talk then many see am as hate

Nwakali technically is a good player but physically he is too weak and fragile for top flight football. Football of this generation needs a lot of energy and agility for a player to succeed mostly midfielders

😂😂 Una no dey tire for this Nwakali issue?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
The Osimhen x Chukwueze Bromance

Cc BascoVanVeli. 😂😂😂 Dem go pose like this ooo off the pitch and in training but when dem enter pitch for proper matchday and Chuks plays one nonsense, Osimhen go change am for am. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Osimhen sef go play one nonsense and Chuks go just dey look am without much talk. But then, it's part of the brotherhood they share. They push each other, get their emotions up in the heat of the battle when in GWG and still show support for each other.

Love the duo so much. Their relationship is REAL.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
Truidstar:
😂😂 Una no dey tire for this Nwakali issue?
is it your tire?🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (14725) (14726) (14727) (14728) (14729) (14730) (14731) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), jargooflife912(m), elyte89, Philosopher1979, comodo, Napoleon55(m), a4turitoroman and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.