Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11781642 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14734) (14735) (14736) (14737) (14738) (14739) (14740) ... (16194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
benji93:
Na why dem they hate team. You too dey cause wahala. So na to hate your team join. cheesy grin.
you are free to hate me and my team 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:50pm On Jun 16, 2023
You have forgotten so quickly what happened to Onomah in EPL. A lion in a lower leagues is better than mouse in a higher league. Or how u take talk am last time? grin

If a player scores 40 goals in the NPFL a season, it's an indication that he needs to have a look in.

modified
But Nwakali has played against an Atletico Madrid side.. He didn't look out of place in that game.

komekn:

Waste man Onyedinma is going to be playing in the EPL and the statistics based world 🌎 class Midfielder Nwakali is playing semi professional football in Tercera division.

When a team does well you participate in the accolades, glory and benefits as a team member.

When a team does abysmally poor your receive your due rewards relegation, castigation and condemnation.

You fail to realise that making comparison of players statistics in different league and clubs is futile. There are too many disparities in quality, intensity, style of play etc to make conclusion.

No matter the statistics you would not call a player in the NPFL exceptional talent, because of the quality of the league.

It's apparently clear that many here do not know how poor quality the Segunda division is

I would put a bet of millions of naira that Bendel insurance will flog Ponferradina Enyimba is too much for them that will be overkill.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nomyth: 10:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
ChrisKels:
I read that it was a Nigerian who advised Watford against signing Osimhen when Watford wanted to make a move for him, instead the person recommend a loan move for Solanke, but Watford and Solanke's parent club couldn't find a common ground.

Na so hate wey dey una heart reach? This better not be true, otherwise...

Abi the Nigerian na Komekn?

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
na Ebere Eze u suppose ask.. e go soon be him turn
charlesemeka85:
But what’s tomori’s sin wey mk Southgate no Dey even invite am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
cheesy komekn na bad market if he be that agent
Nomyth:

Abi the Nigerian na Komekn?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
I wish him all the best in Iwobi voice grin
wayodude:
Eze comes on for Maddison for his first England cap. How many more will follow...we will see in time. good luck 'English man'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olise to PSG? France cap loading...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:18am On Jun 17, 2023
Victor Osimhen's Next Club: Where is Serie A's most valuable player in history via Transfermrkt value headed?

It's natural for us all to want Osimhen at the mighty Real Madrid since Benzema is gone. Truthfully it would be the move of dreams and it makes sense as well BUT, Madrid just spent Big on Jude Bellingham and still have eyes on Kylian Mbappe be it for this summer or next. Mbappe has already said he won't renew his deal at PSG even though he keeps declaring PSG as his only choice for now.

Now that leaves Bayern, PSG and Manchester Utd.

We both know Bayern won't likely spend anything north of 100million euros on a striker. It is highly unlikely. They might settle for a striker in the price range of 40-70 M euros.

PSG and Manchester Utd (pending who the new owners will be) are the most likely clubs READY AND WILLING to pay ADL's and Napoli's Valuation for Osimhen.

Personally, Between PSG and Manchester Utd, I WANT OSIMHEN AT MANCHESTER UTD. Yes! This is the time.

Osimhen would have the pleasure of playing with Bruno Fernandes, who is the highest chances creator in the EPL from last season. Remember I analysed Fernandes' creative nous despite him having only 8 PL assists. Fernandes created 32 big chances and 119 chances in the league. First in both parameters. Imagine an Osimhen at the end of some of those and Bruno's assists numbers will skyrocket.

Manchester Utd is my preferred choice for Osimhen as things stand and it just might be what United needs as the perfect answer to Manchester City having Goals Machine, Erling Haaland.

Manchester Utd will be elevated to new levels with the addition of the One and the Only Monster Machine. 🦁😉

I was against Osimhen joining Man Utd last summer because I saw a chance for him showing himself great in the UCL and aiming for one last shot at glory in Italy and my hunch was right. I also said maybe in a year, the move will finally be right because timing is everything in football and that joining Man utd didn't seem right last season.

But now, last summer is gone. This summer is here and the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Osimhen to Manchester Utd is my choice seeing as Madrid might not make a move. Plus I don't want Osimhen in France. He is already way above Ligue 1 level.

Time will tell. Jim Ratcliffe should rest and focus more on OGC Nice and another project while Sheikh Jassim uses his wealth and influence to rival the Emirates Moneybags across Manchester😁

Tick tock for the Monster Machine. His move approaches....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:23am On Jun 17, 2023
You can tell Akanji's maths skills has rubbed off nicely on Rodri.

Rodri obviously loves geometry😂😂 Seeing the angle, picking out the angle all before the gap is even made. Brilliant eye and execution.

TheGoodJoe:
https://twitter.com/ChampionsLeague/status/1669292082110906368?s=20

Most unreal view of Rodri's goal. Mad

cc: TheSuperNerd

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:17am On Jun 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
You can tell Akanji's maths skills has rubbed off nicely on Rodri.

Rodri obviously loves geometry😂😂 Seeing the angle, picking out the angle all before the gap is even made. Brilliant eye and execution.

Have you heard Enzo Maresca is now coach of Leicester city?

He is the former assistant of Pep Guardiola and EDS Manchester city coach that handled the likes of Romeo Lavia, Liam Delap, Samuel Edozie and McAteer.

His thesis from his coaching course was a coaching classic where he showed the relationship between Chess positional play and football tactics. After Guardiola read it, he called him to join Manchester city.

He won the EDS league and joined Parma in the Serie B.

Despite failing to progress, Guardiola called him to join his coaching crew and was part of the Treble winning team.

He now steps into Leicester city. I expect a cracker from him.

Another Pep Guardiola student coaching.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

Have you heard Enzo Maresca is now coach of Leicester city?

He is the former assistant of Pep Guardiola and EDS Manchester city coach that handled the likes of Romeo Lavia, Liam Delap, Samuel Edozie and McAteer.

His thesis from his coaching course was a coaching classic where he showed the relationship between Chess positional play and football tactics. After Guardiola read it, he called him to join Manchester city.

He won the EDS league and joined Parma in the Serie B.

Despite failing to progress, Guardiola called him to join his coaching crew and was part of the Treble winning team.

He now steps into Leicester city. I expect a cracker from him.

Another Pep Guardiola student coaching.

We expect nacho and ndidi to soak up 🆙 enough knowledge from his “guardiola earned tactics”😎

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:34am On Jun 17, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Victor Osimhen's Next Club: Where is Serie A's most valuable player in history via Transfermrkt value headed?

It's natural for us all to want Osimhen at the mighty Real Madrid since Benzema is gone. Truthfully it would be the move of dreams and it makes sense as well BUT, Madrid just spent Big on Jude Bellingham and still have eyes on Kylian Mbappe be it for this summer or next. Mbappe has already said he won't renew his deal at PSG even though he keeps declaring PSG as his only choice for now.

Now that leaves Bayern, PSG and Manchester Utd.

We both know Bayern won't likely spend anything north of 100million euros on a striker. It is highly unlikely. They might settle for a striker in the price range of 40-70 M euros.

PSG and Manchester Utd (pending who the new owners will be) are the most likely clubs READY AND WILLING to pay ADL's and Napoli's Valuation for Osimhen.

Personally, Between PSG and Manchester Utd, I WANT OSIMHEN AT MANCHESTER UTD. Yes! This is the time.

Osimhen would have the pleasure of playing with Bruno Fernandes, who is the highest chances creator in the EPL from last season. Remember I analysed Fernandes' creative nous despite him having only 8 PL assists. Fernandes created 32 big chances and 119 chances in the league. First in both parameters. Imagine an Osimhen at the end of some of those and Bruno's assists numbers will skyrocket.

Manchester Utd is my preferred choice for Osimhen as things stand and it just might be what United needs as the perfect answer to Manchester City having Goals Machine, Erling Haaland.

Manchester Utd will be elevated to new levels with the addition of the One and the Only Monster Machine. 🦁😉

I was against Osimhen joining Man Utd last summer because I saw a chance for him showing himself great in the UCL and aiming for one last shot at glory in Italy and my hunch was right. I also said maybe in a year, the move will finally be right because timing is everything in football and that joining Man utd didn't seem right last season.

But now, last summer is gone. This summer is here and the timing couldn't be more perfect.

Osimhen to Manchester Utd is my choice seeing as Madrid might not make a move. Plus I don't want Osimhen in France. He is already way above Ligue 1 level.

Time will tell. Jim Ratcliffe should rest and focus more on OGC Nice and another project while Sheikh Jassim uses his wealth and influence to rival the Emirates Moneybags across Manchester😁

Tick tock for the Monster Machine. His move approaches....

Well I prefer him moving to psg…he’s guaranteed of trophies in psg(at least d local scene) ,and he might even progress well in d champions league

He would also score a lot of goals too,hence d gap between him and haaland will b close😎
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 8:46am On Jun 17, 2023

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:00am On Jun 17, 2023
elyte89:

We expect nacho and ndidi to soak up 🆙 enough knowledge from his “guardiola earned tactics”😎

I honestly do expect that. Ndidi will need to really step up his play. I hope Maresca decides to improve Ndidi's ball playing style than opting for a replacement. If he does, I expect Ndidi to improve.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:06am On Jun 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Wetin dey EPL?

Remove Epl from cable if you no go get depression

Na Las palmas and elber you won they watch ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:09am On Jun 17, 2023
ChrisKels:

To me, Jackson isn't good enough to make such a leap. Dude should be going to a midtable team rather.

Na you they play the ball ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 9:15am On Jun 17, 2023
TheGoodJoe:

I honestly do expect that. Ndidi will need to really step up his play. I hope Maresca decides to improve Ndidi's ball playing style than opting for a replacement. If he does, I expect Ndidi to improve.

Bro Ndidi ship has sailed there’s no way on earth he can make a 360° and turn to a modern day ball carrying DMF.

If he starts to do that they’ll be a lot of mistakes and a top club won’t take that risk.

It’s one of the reasons Leicester sank

Ndidi na jambody and short passes nothing more

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bossman5(m): 9:28am On Jun 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
Wetin dey EPL?
Ask Osimhen grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:31am On Jun 17, 2023
jihday:
And someone here said he already agreed to join man utd grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
Zambia just Dey chop Ivory Coast like asun cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
And someone here said he already agreed to join man utd grin
you are senseless

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
andrewbaba44:
Zambia just Dey chop Ivory Coast like asun cheesy

Abeg make we draw tmao match so dem go fit sack paisero 😀
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
charlesemeka85:
you are senseless
Why are you pained?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
elyte89:

Abeg make we draw tmao match so dem go fit sack paisero
And employ who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
Samueltemi337:
And employ who?
Ladan Bosso grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
AndSunGorilla:
Ladan Bosso grin
lol not a bad idea
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Ladan Bosso grin

Yea d best presently 😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 4:28pm On Jun 17, 2023
Are South Africans faster than Nigeria when playing football?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
AndSunGorilla:

Ladan Bosso grin

My problem with Bosso is that his teams find it difficult scoring goals. The 2007 (Ideye, Akabueze, Efe Ambrose et al) and 2023 Flying Eagles sets attests to that. Things might be different with SE though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Cecco90:

My problem with Bosso is that his teams find it difficult scoring goals. The 2007 (Ideye, Akabueze, Efe Ambrose et al) and 2023 Flying Eagles sets attests to that. Things might be different with SE though.

But his teams are always fit and can play for 120minutes! ,na dt scoring b d problem and his team always have a decent midfield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
elyte89:

But his teams are always fit and can play for 120minutes! ,na dt scoring b d problem and his team always have a decent midfield

Yeah, I agree but that scoring na wahala.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Cecco90: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2023
Even though you got to the World Cup semifinals and beat Brazil, you can still collect from a Bafana Bafana team. That's football.

Modified.
Morocco pull a goal back. Now 2-1.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14734) (14735) (14736) (14737) (14738) (14739) (14740) ... (16194) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, jihday(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.