Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,208 members, 7,860,346 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14766) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11924651 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14763) (14764) (14765) (14766) (14767) (14768) (14769) ... (16332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lbrichman2: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
COOL10:

Absolutely. At least they can use that money(no matter how little) to buy lands here, build houses, make investments and take care of their families before nature catches up with them fully.

Exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
if I snr this guy mk I bend

See mustache 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
They re rumors that Scottish giants Glasgow Rangers hv tabled a bid of 9m pounds to fenebache for super eagles rb Bright Osayi Samuel

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Villarael is a good team in Spain but samu he poorly paid in the club

Milan offer to triple he’s wages also with the lure of playing for one of Europe’s traditional clubs, this is something at he’s current age he shouldn’t miss

He has a year left in he’s current deal with villareal so they out to consider a bid of 15-20m euros

This is a player they got for almost nothing from umuahia 🤣🤣🤣

Chai!! 🤦🏾‍♂️😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
super eagles rb Ola Aina confirm that he is leaving Torino. Eyes a return to the epl with Fulham and Westham reported to be interested

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
wayodude:

Chai!!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
TheSuperNerd:
Lionel Messi's message of truth to Mbappe and "vawulence" (hits PSG).

"Real Winning Project" ouch!

Even Messi is in agreement with our NL views on Mbappe. Lol

I think it is a shade on Barca. Not PSG

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

Giannis is a real Nigerian and he was actually a much better shooter coming in the league. James only took 2 jump shots last season and he was a sub 50% free throw shooter. If he can at least improve his free throws that will go a long way.

Exactly. Based on our current roster and prospectives we have I really do not think making the national team should be priority for him. He should focus on improving his game cause his stats right now aren't exactly good. He obviously has a lot of potentials. Charles Bassey was also drafted in 2021 but currently plays in the G- league. He needs to focus on horning his craft. Funny enough, he has another Nigerian on the hornets team Mark Williams who I sincerely fancy playing for the Dtigers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 7:32pm On Jun 23, 2023
ChrisKels:

Una too dey fear. Is Villarreal doing badly?

I personally don't mind if he stays or goes. But if he wishes to move to Milan, and outrageous transfer fee demands are a roadblock to that, then you kinda feel sad for the lad. Its a powerless situation for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
all you mentioned what made you think Ogbu will bring better quality in the super eagles CB position than them?

I believe the last you watched Ogbu play was at the u20 World Cup years back 😂

Igoh Ogbu is the most balanced of all the CB's we currently have, both capped and uncapped.

When it comes to pace, only Bassey and Torunarigha are ahead of him.
Igoh Ogbu's distribution of the ball is the best of all our CB's.
His duels, interceptions of the ball are among the best.

The main reason why i rate Igoh Ogbu, is his positioning.
We have CB's that are normally caught off, when it comes to positioning and we have paid sorely for this.
In my appraisals of our CB's, Ogbu's positioning is the best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2023
Meliforme:

Igoh Ogbu is the most balanced of all the CB's we currently have, both capped and uncapped.

When it comes to pace, only Bassey and Torunarigha are ahead of him.
Igoh Ogbu's distribution of the ball is the best of all our CB's.
His duels, interceptions of the ball are among the best.

The main reason why i rate Igoh Ogbu, is his positioning.
We have CB's that are normally caught off, when it comes to positioning and we have paid sorely for this.
In my appraisals of our CB's, Ogbu's positioning is the best.
oga no Dey lie. Ogbu doesnt hv better passing ability than Tosin Adarabioyo

All this your positioning and other attributes you post here will only be confirmed when he debuts and play some games for the national team

He is just a prospect who has the abilities to get better. If he is as good as you are painting here with world class attributes em for no tey for Norway. Tosin and Uduokhai are better than him

Can’t say of torunarigha,awaziem and omeruo

Mk una easy for hype Abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ppogbae:

I personally don't mind if he stays or goes. But if he wishes to move to Milan, and outrageous transfer fee demands are a roadblock to that, then you kinda feel sad for the lad. Its a powerless situation for him.

Not entirely though.

He has one year left on his contract so he isn't as powerless as it seems. Worst case scenario, he remains at Villarreal and refuses to sign a new deal, then moves next summer to whichever club he wishes without the hassle to negotiations. Making a move to a top club like Milan now is obviously great for his career, but leaving free next summer puts him as it were in the driver's seat if his career (of course it doesn't necessarily mean playing for a top club like Milan will prop up next summer).

So as it is, Villarreal is condemned to sell especially if her doesn't sign a new contract or they lose him for free.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
komekn:

Look.at most of our players once they hit 30 they are unable to play top level football.

Ighalo, VO and Obagol are exceptions but in general that's more often than not .

Ighalo and Martins in their late 20s were playing in China and the MLS respectively... Moses moved to the Russian league that you called backwater in his 30s... Try other names..

While you're at it, you should take a good look at Brazilian players... How many of them remain at a top level after hitting their 30s?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 8:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
Not sure we've heard of him here??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
oga no Dey lie. Ogbu doesnt hv better passing ability than Tosin Adarabioyo

All this your positioning and other attributes you post here will only be confirmed when he debuts and play some games for the national team

He is just a prospect who has the abilities to get better. If he is as good as you are painting here with world class attributes em for no tey for Norway. Tosin and Uduokhai are better than him

Can’t say of torunarigha,awaziem and omeruo.

Mk una easy for hype Abeg

No way.

I don't even want to go by the way of stats, because it is very obvious from eye tests that Ogbu is the better passer of the ball.

Please please please, i am not having this discussion with you at all.

We can only discuss duels of the ball etc, because of the quality of the opposition Ogbu faces, aside that we have no discussion, even a player's stats with duels can improve, when the player makes a leap to a league ranked higher, it keeps happening.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
lovewins:
Not sure we've heard of him here??
which position em dey play?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
Meliforme:

No way.

I don't even want to go by the way of stats, because it is very obvious from eye tests that Ogbu is the better passer of the ball.

Please please please, i am not having this discussion with you at all.

We can only discuss duels of the ball etc, because of the quality of the opposition Ogbu faces, aside that we have no discussion, even a player's stats with duels can improve, when the player makes a leap to a league ranked higher, it keeps happening.
u don start with all this hype wey dey vex me 🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:57pm On Jun 23, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 9:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
Charles Bassey currently playing in the G league? False Oga!
lovewins:

Exactly. Based on our current roster and prospectives we have I really do not think making the national team should be priority for him. He should focus on improving his game cause his stats right now aren't exactly good. He obviously has a lot of potentials. Charles Bassey was also drafted in 2021 but currently plays in the G- league. He needs to focus on horning his craft. Funny enough, he has another Nigerian on the hornets team Mark Williams who I sincerely fancy playing for the Dtigers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2023
lovewins:

No i feel his defense and floor running is good enough for us right now. We have Vincent and Nwora to fill up the stat sheet but this young man will give us defensive stability. He can guard almost every position on the court because he is a freakish athlete. Plus he attacks the rim like they have beef grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
BascoVanVeli:

No i feel his defense and floor running is good enough for us right now. We have Vincent and Nwora to fill up the stat sheet but this young man will give us defensive stability. He can guard almost every position on the court because he is a freakish athlete. Plus he attacks the rim like they have beef grin

You need to check out mark Williams then. He's physically more advantaged than he is and is known for his defensive qualities.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 9:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Charles Bassey currently playing in the G league? False Oga!

Not false Baba.

Newly drafted players who do not necessarily fit into a team's system are sent to the G-league for development while they get called up from time to time for NBA fixtures. A quick search of Basset online reveals this. Yes he features in the NBA but he's also in the G-league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
🔥

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
jihday:
what makes it true? We’ve seen European players that are yet to hit their peak years going to Saudi for money why is it that when a Nigerian does same it suddenly becomes about age?

Name the European players please
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
super eagles rb Ola Aina confirm that he is leaving Torino. Eyes a return to the epl with Fulham and Westham reported to be interested

That could be highly likely.

Because Jedi the Fulham left back that many said is not as good as Zaidu Sanusi is wanted by Manchester City amongst other clubs.

And Aina can play left back .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
komekn:

That could be highly likely.

Because Jedi the Fulham left back that many said is not as good as Zaidu Sanusi is wanted by Manchester City amongst other clubs.

And Aina can play left back .
Marseille and Newcastle wants Robinson too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
lovewins:

You need to check out mark Williams then. He's physically more advantaged than he is and is known for his defensive qualities.

I didn't say Mark wasn't a baller na. They kind of remind me of each other. James's ability to guard other positions sets him apart but mark is really good himself. Great rebounder, rim protector and has a little bit of touch on the offensive side. He can average a double double if he stays healthy next season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Ireland vs Zambia highlights

Ireland are in the Super Falcons at the upcoming World Cup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBelLo_neHA

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
charlesemeka85:
u don start with all this hype wey dey vex me 🤣

Because you don't want to be disappointed, right?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hanibal:

Baba stop going in circles
Wayodude is clearly saying it is your duty to independently corroborate/disagree or verify their dates of birth since you are the accuser in this case the burden of proof is on you!

I submit my birth certificate which says I'm 20 (prove of age) to FIFA , FIFA accepted it.
You disagreed, you say I'm a liar... It becomes your job to prove that the document I submitted is a lie as you claimed.
Any other thing you say is just English/ inferences if you cannot provide your own hard evidence..

There is no government verification authentication of birth certificate in Nigeria that emanates from automatic birth data capture.

Thats what a birth certificate is in Developrd country confirmation of automatic birth data capture authenticated from the national database.

Who issued the Nigerian birth certificate please ❓and what verification authentication data base is it anchored ⚓ on upon please ❓❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
lovewins:

Not entirely though.

He has one year left on his contract so he isn't as powerless as it seems. Worst case scenario, he remains at Villarreal and refuses to sign a new deal, then moves next summer to whichever club he wishes without the hassle to negotiations. Making a move to a top club like Milan now is obviously great for his career, but leaving free next summer puts him as it were in the driver's seat if his career (of course it doesn't necessarily mean playing for a top club like Milan will prop up next summer).

So as it is, Villarreal is condemned to sell especially if her doesn't sign a new contract or they lose him for free.

Good point

(1) (2) (3) ... (14763) (14764) (14765) (14766) (14767) (14768) (14769) ... (16332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Welcomme, TheSuperNerd(m), MetalJigsaw(m), Mujtahida, TradingGod, villagereporter(m), femicyrus(m), caprikon and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.