Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,880 members, 7,810,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11596471 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14855) (14856) (14857) (14858) (14859) (14860) (14861) ... (16121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:57pm On Aug 04, 2023
Inter Milan fans pushing the club to sign Gift Orban instead of Scammaca

Though the Italian’s deal with Inter seem to hv been hijacked by fellow serie A club Atalanta
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
elyte89:

Will he meet up d required 75percent national team call up for work permit abi d rule has been cancelled

As long as the purchase price is 15k and above, then he is already qualified for a work permit without making any appearance for the eagles. That was also how Onyeka got to play for Brentford.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:41am On Aug 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Inter Milan fans pushing the club to sign Gift Orban instead of Scammaca

Though the Italian’s deal with Inter seem to hv been hijacked by fellow serie A club Atalanta

It'd be nice to have a sizeable contingent of players from Serie A
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:14am On Aug 05, 2023
Arsenal can’t wait : cheesy
charlesemeka85:
As It stands now Gift Orban is spurs number 1 target to replace kane

A huge space for the young bomber to fill but I trust he’s guts. Orban is fearless and looks like one who will perform for spurs 🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:18am On Aug 05, 2023
Not surprised clubs outside France are also courting Orban. Who no like better thing?. Personally, I think France would have been the next place for his development. But the boy is very ambitious. I believe he will survive anywhere. But the big question is can he maintain his knack for braces and hat tricks elsewhere? He has set a very high standard for himself. I don’t want to see less l.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 7:40am On Aug 05, 2023
Did Orban play in their preseason game yesterday?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:01am On Aug 05, 2023
SPORT2023 WWC: FIFA under fire over decision to pay players directly because of Nigeria’s Super Falcons

Former Super Eagles defender, Sam Sodje, has expressed discontent over comment by Fatma Samoura, Secretary-General of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), disparaging the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF).

NAN reports that Samoura had reportedly told the Super Falcons in their dressing room that FIFA had decided to pay their prize money directly to them rather than through the NFF.

However, Sodje, in a statement signed by him on Wednesday in Warri, said the comment was uncalled for.

“I read with shock, the statement purportedly made by Samoura in the dressing room of the Super Falcons at the ongoing Women’s World Cup.

“A FIFA official need not make this disparaging statement openly because those who were in charge of football administration in Nigeria should have been sanctioned when it noticed it,“ he said.

Sodje said it was disrespectful for her to castigate and implicate Nigeria, a nation that has contributed so much to football, without investigating the genesis of this problem.

“The Federation Secretary should understand that Nigeria, as a country, has very serious and honest sports administrators that can hold their position anywhere in the world.

“What Nigeria and, in fact, Africa need now is encouragement, not castigation.

“FIFA needs to respect Nigeria and Africa because we, as a nation and a continent, have contributed so much to world football and the growth of FIFA as an organisation,” he said
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:03am On Aug 05, 2023
Clint02:
Did Orban play in their preseason game yesterday?
That's not a preseason game
That's a European conference league qualification match
He was on the bench throughout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 9:33am On Aug 05, 2023
Subzero047:
SPORT2023 WWC: FIFA under fire over decision to pay players directly because of Nigeria’s Super Falcons

Former Super Eagles defender, Sam Sodje, has expressed discontent over comment by Fatma Samoura, Secretary-General of the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), disparaging the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF).

NAN reports that Samoura had reportedly told the Super Falcons in their dressing room that FIFA had decided to pay their prize money directly to them rather than through the NFF.

However, Sodje, in a statement signed by him on Wednesday in Warri, said the comment was uncalled for.

“I read with shock, the statement purportedly made by Samoura in the dressing room of the Super Falcons at the ongoing Women’s World Cup.

“A FIFA official need not make this disparaging statement openly because those who were in charge of football administration in Nigeria should have been sanctioned when it noticed it,“ he said.

Sodje said it was disrespectful for her to castigate and implicate Nigeria, a nation that has contributed so much to football, without investigating the genesis of this problem.

“The Federation Secretary should understand that Nigeria, as a country, has very serious and honest sports administrators that can hold their position anywhere in the world.

“FIFA needs to respect Nigeria and Africa because we, as a nation and a continent, have contributed so much to world football and the growth of FIFA as an organisation,” he said
Nff needs encouragement to continue owing it's national team players abi?

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:43am On Aug 05, 2023
Real wow. Personally if Lille or Lens are still interested I would turn down the Spurs move. For starters apart from the fact that I don't think he's ready for the step up to the EPL the pressure of replacing a whole Harry Kane might be too much for him but hey football tends to surprise so let's see how everything works out.

charlesemeka85:
wow 🔥
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Gift Orban to Tottenham?

If this deal enters ehnn. Free bottles on me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:05am On Aug 05, 2023
chrisooblog:
Real wow. Personally if Lille or Lens are still interested I would turn down the Spurs move. For starters apart from the fact that I don't think he's ready for the step up to the EPL the pressure of replacing a whole Harry Kane might be too much for him but hey football tends to surprise so let's see how everything works out.

I think Lens hv backed out a bit but Lille is still very serious and hv even agreed personal terms with the player but yet to reach an agreement with Gent before spurs came to the picture

With the look of things it seem Spurs are ahead of both French clubs at the moment but yet to send in a bid to Gent who wants to sell for 30m euros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2023
zicky:
Nff needs encouragement to continue owing it's national team players abi?

Not that, Fatma should had done so codely, not coming out to say it openly as She does, That's what Sam is trying to say,

besides its also a good move by FIFA, but communicated in a wrong manner, that's all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2023
Olakunle Olusegun links to Lens has gone cold

Any update?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:11am On Aug 05, 2023
M7even:

If this deal enters ehnn. Free bottles on me.

OK nau, I go collect my own,
cos that deal go enter, asin e go turn green
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:12am On Aug 05, 2023
maidaboi:
Olakunle Olusegun links to Lens has gone cold

Any update?

That's remind me, is Osimhen still a Napoli player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2023
do4luv14:

That's remind me, is Osimhen still a Napoli player
Yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2023
Chelsea have made a £26m offer to Crystal Palace for forward Michael Olise. (RMC Sport)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2023
Marjoribanks:
We will beat England on Monday! Playing the English will be one of the easiest game at this world cup. We only need to get Uchiebe closing down L. James and not allowing her to shoot. Aside James and looking for unwarranted penalties the English are worse than Ireland!
I don talk this thing tire, but people no wan believe. People no dey see past that Lauren James hype.

Once all our players does EXACTLY what is expected of them on that day, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 is a walkover.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:43am On Aug 05, 2023
Chelsea going for Olise means Madueke is likely to be loaned out?

I no really understand how Chelsea tk dey pack players full everywhere. Olise and Madueke re similar players and the latter was just signed in the last WT

Nawaooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:45am On Aug 05, 2023
BankyGee:

I don talk this thing tire, but people no wan believe. People no dey see past that Lauren James hype.

Once all our players does EXACTLY what is expected of them on that day, England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 is a walkover.
the English women’s team is good and will be falcons toughest game in this competition

Anything is possible in football but winning that game will be a miracle for the falcons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2023
BankyGee:

England walkover?

Easy said than done!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:48am On Aug 05, 2023
Marjoribanks:
Those kind of matches are the most difficult to play. A single goal against us could end all the hard work. The anxiety in that first half is normal, despite that we could have scored within the first 15 minutes with Oshoala chance.
The 2nd half was better cos they knew Australia is ahead and might be difficult for Canada to come back and were unlucky with that save from Kanu's header.
Infact we had the best chances to score against Ireland than Australia and Canada.
Bro abeg wetin be your Facebook username? I've been arguing exactly this point with people who don't know about football since.

The official Super Falcons Facebook page even reposted my post on their timeline after the Ireland game.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you for the first time lol... Or second 🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:48am On Aug 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
https://live.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/08/03/watford-picks-three-nigerians-axe-maduka-okoye-from-list-of-registered-players-for-the-season/

Barryseal:

Aloy Agu lacks the locus to continue as the goalkeepers trainer if he couldn't sort out the position in 6years. He is banking on Okoye to come good at Watford. We all know he will be demystified in England and when it happens he would be their 3rd or 4th choice GK.

That was fast 🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:50am On Aug 05, 2023
charlesemeka85:
England walkover?

Easy said than done!
They are good, no doubt. We are good too.

It's 11v11 players on the field. We don't have any crippled player in our squad. Monday don reach finish tho...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BankyGee(m): 10:51am On Aug 05, 2023
Joebie:
Yes. Ironically our best game. Weakest opponent but the last group game is always tricky.

Gbam! Let's go and ask Germany 🇩🇪 what South Korea 🇰🇷 did to them lol 🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2023
What is the lastest in the suoer eagles coach. Is it peseiro or another coach. July is over and it is August. Time is going
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2023
BankyGee:

They are good, no doubt. We are good too.

It's 11v11 players on the field. We don't have any crippled player in our squad. Monday don reach finish tho...
no wahala let’s wait till then cus I no get strength to argue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:52am On Aug 05, 2023
BankyGee:

Gbam! Let's go and ask Germany 🇩🇪 what South Korea 🇰🇷 did to them lol 🤣🤣🤣
Germany were just unlucky and it was obvious they underrated the Koreans just the same way the Aussies underrated our girls
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2023
Philosopher1979:
What is the lastest in the suoer eagles coach. Is it peseiro or another coach. July is over and it is August. Time is going
Peseiro is staying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:54am On Aug 05, 2023
I am tipping any of France or England to win this World Cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 10:56am On Aug 05, 2023
Subzero047:

If you embezzle monies meant for players renumeration, you don't deserve any respect. Is Sodje crazy?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14855) (14856) (14857) (14858) (14859) (14860) (14861) ... (16121) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.