Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705734 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14866) (14867) (14868) (14869) (14870) (14871) (14872) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2023
Meliforme:

Osimhen is not the only gifted player in our squad. He is not even the most gifted.
pls mention one player that's naturally talented in this current eagles.. iam waiting.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2023
Helper1000:
pls mention one player that's naturally talented in this current eagles.. iam waiting.
Iheanacho

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
Odunayaw:
Iheanacho
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dem dey beg una NFF to release Super Falcons money for Twitter

Just imagine the embarrassment. What are those overbloated, lazy oafs using all the money they hoard for? How much do they want to steal?

This country is disgusting walahi

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Odunayaw:
Iheanacho
maybe you don't know what talent means.. you see the super falcons... from the back to the middle.. they are all gifted.. and if not for injuries on oshoala. She's gifted too.. some people just know how to play football and were opportuned to get signed . Natural talents are always exceptional
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
safarigirl:
Dem dey beg una NFF to release Super Falcons money for Twitter

Just imagine the embarrassment. What are those overbloated, lazy oafs using all the money they hoard for? How much do they want to steal?

This country is disgusting walahi

It's crazy how this is our national sport and it barely gets any sufficient funding.

But it's the same story for track and field, basketball, rugby, and many others. The only functioning sports federation so far is cricket from what I've seen.

Are our sports federations running on bank loans due to poor funding? Are funds being embezzled? What's going on

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
I understand the fact that you cannot divorce the state of the economy from the ability to fund sports but we have a decent private sector with a reasonable amount of cash that if you partner can at the very least pay and cover the running of the two senior national teams (Eagles & Falcons) and not just wait till tournaments to be famzing support.

MTN for instance really created enough SF content around the world cup. This will be a perfect time for the NFF to engage them so they can put their money where their mouth is.

In the mean time the NFF should also use all those grants from FIFA to build a benefiting national team base in Abuja with a male and female wing which will include training pitches, gym, medical center etc. If a privately run club like Remo Stars can do it then the NFF has no excuse.

So it won't seem we are always bashing the NFF they should continue the commendable step of playing top international friendlies as they have been doing over the past 3-4 years.

Ppogbae:

It's crazy how this is our national sport and it barely gets any sufficient funding.

But it's the same story for track and field, basketball, rugby, and many others. The only functioning sports federation so far is cricket from what I've seen.

Are our sports federations running on bank loans due to poor funding? Are funds being embezzled? What's going on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Iheanacho is talented you can question his output and poor form but his abilities on the ball when he's playing well not many in the SE can match. Check out the goals he's scored at club and national team level and tell me they don't compare favourably to the best players in the game.

Helper1000:
maybe you don't know what talent means.. you see the super falcons... from the back to the middle.. they are all gifted.. and if not for injuries on oshoala. She's gifted too.. some people just know how to play football and were opportuned to get signed . Natural talents are always exceptional

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Helper1000:

We have many of them.
Kelechi Nwakali, Ola Aina, Chidera Ejuke, Bright Osayi, Zaidu Sanusi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Chukwueze, Terem Moffi, etc.

Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Raphael Onyedika, Alhassan Yusuf and so on.

Victor Osimhen is a gifted player, but his success is not just down to his gifts. Can Victor Osimhen tolerate the treatments Iheanacho has endured. I don't even see the ability to endure such treatments as being humble.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 2:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
Helper1000:

Please sir, what is talent?.

Coaching was what made the difference for the Super Falcons.

Coaches do improve in the manner at which they manage games.
Coaches do improve in the understanding of players and how to utilize them for the best outcome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 3:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Ppogbae:

While I agree that funding is an issue, it isn't the primary culprit when it comes to many of these federations. Corruption, mismanagement of funds and lack of accountability and lack of respect for players tops the list of the money problem with this associations. I'll give examples

1. Do you know the federal government released $1.75 million to the NFF for the FIFA women's World Cup? Out[b] of that money guess how much the NFF budgeted for the players? $69k only (sixty-nine thousand dollars).[/b] A part of that money was for bonuses for the back room staff, but most of it (More than $1.2M) was budgeted as travelling expenses and estacode for NFF and ministry officials for their trip to Australia. The NFF only budgeted $100 per day as players allowance but NFF officials were getting as much as $900 per day for doing nothing. You see, they have a spending problem. Just last year or so, FIFA have every member association $1M for the development of women's football in their countries. NFF instead of investing the money in something worth while instead decided to share it. You know it's difficult to track money shared. How does sharing money to NWFL clubs and Sport writers association develop female football?

2. The NBBF's problem started in 2016 when Kwese sports decided to sponsor Nigerian basketball with 12 Million dollars. Not even sure the NFF has seen that kind of sponsorship money from one company. The beginning of the end of Nigerian basketball started from there. There's been no league since 2016 because of this as different factions took the matter to court and the court instead just put a stop to the league.

If you are a reasonable person, will you put your money in things like this? We don't have a sponsorship problem in Nigeria, BB Naina gets as much as 2 Billion Naira from one sponsor just for one season of their program. If sponsors see you as something worthwhile to invest in money will come.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
chrisooblog:
Iheanacho is talented you can question his output and poor form but his abilities on the ball when he's playing well not many in the SE can match. Check out the goals he's scored at club and national team level and tell me they don't compare favourably to the best players in the game.

iheanacho is the best finisher in the national team but he’s issue is he lacks pace and grit as well as poor first touch

1v1 with the keeper his conversion rate is 95/100
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 3:39pm On Aug 08, 2023
Not sure ADL will turn down this money if true.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
That's when he's using his right foot. His left foot is a weapon of mass destruction when he uses it well. You are right about the pace and grit part.

charlesemeka85:
iheanacho is the best finisher in the national team but he’s issue is he lacks pace and grit as well as poor first touch

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Is the bold confirmed? I saw the proposed budget but I don't know if everything was released cos Nigerian government has been known to delay in release of money. This doesn't invalidate the rest of your excellent points.

lovewins:

While I agree that funding is an issue, it isn't the primary culprit when it comes to many of these federations. Corruption, mismanagement of funds and lack of accountability and lack of respect for players tops the list of the money problem with this associations. I'll give examples

1. Do you know the federal government released $1.75 million to the NFF for the FIFA women's World Cup? [/b]Out[b] of that money guess how much the NFF budgeted for the players? $69k only (sixty-nine thousand dollars). A part of that money was for bonuses for the back room staff, but most of it (More than $1.2M) was budgeted as travelling expenses and estacode for NFF and ministry officials for their trip to Australia. The NFF only budgeted $100 per day as players allowance but NFF officials were getting as much as $900 per day for doing nothing. You see, they have a spending problem. Just last year or so, FIFA have every member association $1M for the development of women's football in their countries. NFF instead of investing the money in something worth while instead decided to share it. You know it's difficult to track money shared. How does sharing money to NWFL clubs and Sport writers association develop female football?

2. The NBBF's problem started in 2016 when Kwese sports decided to sponsor Nigerian basketball with 12 Million dollars. Not even sure the NFF has seen that kind of sponsorship money from one company. The beginning of the end of Nigerian basketball started from there. There's been no league since 2016 because of this as different factions took the matter to court and the court instead just put a stop to the league.

If you are a reasonable person, will you put your money in things like this? We don't have a sponsorship problem in Nigeria, BB Naina gets as much as 2 Billion Naira from one sponsor just for one season of their program. If sponsors see you as something worthwhile to invest in money will come.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
Meliforme:

Osimhen is not the only gifted player in our squad. He is not even the most gifted.

Who is then ?
Because because the osimehn effect is what gave our team this much publicity
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2023
Odunayaw:
Iheanacho

Bro bro bro bro bro bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
chrisooblog:

If you say senior man is talented the all super e players are talented

Ihenacho is an inconsistent bloke if not for this weak team in years past he won’t make the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Stop Capping bullcrap everybody can finish
Ihenacho is bang average with little sparks ⚡️
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lovewins: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
chrisooblog:
Is the bold confirmed? I saw the proposed budget but I don't know if everything was released cos Nigerian government has been known to delay in release of money. This doesn't invalidate the rest of your excellent points.

The memo was leaked from the office of the President's chief of staff. It was gbaja's boys who leaked it to put pressure on the NFF. Can't say with certainty since I'm not in the room, but the story is the money has been released.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
typicalgamer:

Stop Capping bullcrap everybody can finish
Ihenacho is bang average with little sparks ⚡️
you re very stupid to say I’m capping bullcrap

Fool!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Jordan wants to represent nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Fool!

I never insulted you genius namaste
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:

Fool!

Stop celebrating mediocrity please

He’s not good enough to be built a team around so bro calm down he’s bang average simple as ABC
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2023
typicalgamer:

Stop celebrating mediocrity please

He’s not good enough to be built a team around so bro calm down he’s bang average simple as ABC
I hv never been an iheanacho fan but won’t shy away from the fact that is a very good finisher

You are the one been ignorant of how good he is in front of goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I hv never been an iheanacho fan but won’t shy away from the fact that is a very good finisher

You are the one been ignorant of how good he is in front of goal

The man is an inconsistent as a person with lisps
I’ll take an out of form awoniyi over senior man anyday he has no output, can play everywhere but can’t excel at anywhere.

Luck is his biggest friend not skill not positioning,not first touch, not finishing nothing
Luck.
And when it comes to super eagles senior man kel
Lack of abilities they show wella

We both they watch am so nothing you won tell me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2023
Helper1000:
Can you imagine grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
typicalgamer:

The man is an inconsistent as a person with lisps
I’ll take an out of form awoniyi over senior man anyday he has no output, can play everywhere but can’t excel at anywhere.

Luck is his biggest friend not skill not positioning,not first touch, not finishing nothing
Luck.
And when it comes to super eagles senior man kel
Lack of abilities they show wella

We both they watch am so nothing you won tell me
all you said about him is true but when it comes to finishing and positioning he is very good

He’s biggest problem is he’s off the ball contribution but when faced with the keeper I am 90% sure that he will convert the chance

Among the forwards we hv in our disposal at the moment he is the least in the pecking order imho

I will even pick a fit Sadiq Umar ahead of him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
Odunayaw:
Can you imagine grin
the guy na oga gifted 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since em come here na only gift gift gift I jus Dey see 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
Meliforme:

We have many of them.
Kelechi Nwakali, Ola Aina, Chidera Ejuke, Bright Osayi, Zaidu Sanusi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Chukwueze, Terem Moffi, etc.

Gift Orban, Victor Boniface, Raphael Onyedika, Alhassan Yusuf and so on.

Victor Osimhen is a gifted player, but his success is not just down to his gifts. Can Victor Osimhen tolerate the treatments Iheanacho has endured. I don't even see the ability to endure such treatments as being humble.
what do u mean by the treatment iheanacho hv endured?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:
the guy na oga gifted 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Since em come here na only gift gift gift I jus Dey see 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I still de observe the agenda

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 5:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
charlesemeka85:
all you said about him is true but when it comes to finishing and positioning he is very good

He’s biggest problem is he’s off the ball contribution but when faced with the keeper I am 90% sure that he will convert the chance

Among the forwards we hv in our disposal at the moment he is the least in the pecking order imho

I will even pick a fit Sadiq Umar ahead of him

Now we’re getting somewhere

My point is incase osimehn isn’t catching fire in a match we should bring someone with reasonable input, not a guy we hopes say game enter he body then he dominate.

He’s too inconsistent to be taken seriously
I just don’t want to see peseiro or low budget Pablo Escobar drop senior man kel to midfield he doesn’t have any business there

(1) (2) (3) ... (14866) (14867) (14868) (14869) (14870) (14871) (14872) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Samueltemi337(m), BascoVanVeli(m), TheGoodJoe(m), humility33(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.