Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,409 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (14892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11605842 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14889) (14890) (14891) (14892) (14893) (14894) (14895) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
do4luv14:

Good morning Sir, pls when did Nigeria U16 Play Japan
Yes in a Dream cup invitationals tournament.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Given the next match is inconsequential, they can afford to dilly dally on the future of the next coach. Imo, PJ will continue.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Starboytwo:
I think we just need to assign other on field positions to expectant mother's.

Look for one in your area and "strictly" tell her, "madam, this your family, na keeper and 10 we need, Abeg no born striker.
you all are so obsessed with this number 10 role

A role that is fast fading away in football 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:46pm On Aug 15, 2023
Bannedlargedx2:
In a country of 200 million people, you’re telling me that we can’t find midfielders with the Quality of Jj Okocha, mikel obi or Oliseh? Okay, that’s overboard, we can’t find midfielders like Oruma, Adepoju, muda lawal? It’s either our coaches aren’t scouting properly or the entire Nigeria football academy should be disbanded
Guy e dey pain me abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
chrisooblog:
You forgot to add Akor Adams.

Goalkeeping department is still threadbare.

Attack is fire.

Midfield and defense on paper should be adequate but reality tells a different story.

Is akpom playing for us?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nwamazi8:
Chuba Akpom has passed his medical at Ajax. He'll very likely be Dusan Tadic his successor as the number 10 of Ajax.
Is Akpom eligible for SE?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
Is Akpom eligible for SE?

Yeah

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2023
charlesemeka85:
which number 10? Una go just come open mouth waaaaaa Dey yarn wetin una no knw

Akpom being played deep at boro by carrick doesn’t imply he is an AM. Harry Kane played the same role at spurs under Jose and conte

Ajax wants him as a striker to battle the number 9 position with Brobbey Abi wetin be em name

Oga u too harsh na.. abi you get am for mind before? LOL

Anyway, hope u know say him day talk about Jersey number not playing position
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
Bayer Leverkusen are interested in Nathan Tella, Xabi Alonso wants to add him to their attack! 🇩🇪⚡️

#copied

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Emmy450(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
typicalgamer:

Would you please calm down
Na name them take they play ball ??

Who get squad reach Belgium and Brazil How he end

Let’s be realistic and stop painting our players in limelight as if they’re that Good
We only have a handful of good players then the rest are ok players.

Arrange our squad as you see fit but we’ll never be a top seed to win afcon, maybe 3rd or 4th

But we’ll never walk in as the best team

Our players are scattered around like termites, we have no football identity our key players are getting washed because they can’t evolve
lols, wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nathan Tella and Chuba Akpom nominated for PFA’s championship player of the season

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
OFFICIAL: Odion Ighalo seals his move to Saudi Pro League side Al-Wehda 🇳🇬

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elnino9(m): 8:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
charlesemeka85:
I hv been saying this for over 2 years in this thread. I think our biggest problem as super eagles fans is our ego and emotions

I still see no harm in approaching this kids born abroad aggressively and while doing that we should hv it at the back of our mind that we can’t hv all

Even their country of birth who rush into capping them don’t do that because they will be an integral part of their national teams but for future purposes and I urge our nff to copy from this European nations instead of waiting for the players to hit stardom before pushing to get them

A good example is Lesley Ugochukwu whose uncle Apam is an ex Nigerian international, what stops the nff to lure him through he’s uncle and parents? Chriskel mentioned few weeks ago that there is nothing special about the boy’s game but forgot that he is just 18 Abi 19 and hv the tendency to become the next Patrick Veira in the nearest future

Eze would hv been capped even if it’s in the last minute of any of our qualification games then but Rohr and the Nff played the waiting game until the midfielder attracted the England U20 coach

Another bad practice that isn’t working in our favor in getting this kids is their non inclusion in our youth teams. Who on earth will want to spend he’s hard earned money on flight ticket which won’t be refunded for he’s child to fly to nigeria just for trial/training with our youth teams? Where as their country of birth pay them allowance to train with theirs if the y are deemed good enough
There is. Nothing special about the ugochukwu boy yet Chelsea bought him..you guys are funny though..continue....

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wait a second guys, I just realized we have no friendly matches lined up and we have WCQ and AFFON tournaments coming up, we also need to test out a plethora of new players etc...every top African team are playing friendly matches except us. What's going on?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nwamazi8:
Wait a second guys, I just realized we have no friendly matches lined up and we have WCQ and AFFON tournaments coming up, we also need to test out a plethora of new players etc...every top African team are playing friendly matches except us. What's going on?

U re more concerned about d friendlies when the team don’t even av a leader(coach) ..dem still Dey negotiate since June

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 9:28pm On Aug 15, 2023
Nwamazi8:
someone made mention of the nff discussing with Iran over a friendly. Can't really tell how it ended if they accepted or not.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 9:43pm On Aug 15, 2023
Amedino99:
someone made mention of the nff discussing with Iran over a friendly. Can't really tell how it ended if they accepted or not.
I checked the upcoming games for Iran and didn't see Nigeria listed, apparently they will be playing Cape Verde.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 9:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
elyte89:

U re more concerned about d friendlies when the team don’t even av a leader(coach) ..dem still Dey negotiate since June
My brother I just tire, who do us this thing? Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Samu Chukwueze's first start for AC Milan. Very exciting performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=255LiCujgg0

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:07am On Aug 16, 2023
Moroccan Botola pro outfit FUS Rabat 🇲🇦 have announced the signing of young impressive Nigerian fullback James Ajako 🇳🇬 .
The left back joined the Rabat based club from NPL🇳🇬 giant Akwa United FC.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:
OFFICIAL: Odion Ighalo seals his move to Saudi Pro League side Al-Wehda 🇳🇬

Chris your padi go like this news so 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:30am On Aug 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:
Moroccan Botola pro outfit FUS Rabat 🇲🇦 have announced the signing of young impressive Nigerian fullback James Ajako 🇳🇬 .
The left back joined the Rabat based club from NPL🇳🇬 giant Akwa United FC.

Chai! They took my left back grin very talented player

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 8:48am On Aug 16, 2023
Nwamazi8:

I checked the upcoming games for Iran and didn't see Nigeria listed, apparently they will be playing Cape Verde.
seems it didn't work out. There is still time to arrange a friendly for the October break. It breaks my heart when even south Africa has two friendlies planned next month and another two in October already confirmed but we are only looking forward to qualifying matches till the end of this year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 9:27am On Aug 16, 2023
Amedino99:
seems it didn't work out. There is still time to arrange a friendly for the October break. It breaks my heart when even south Africa has two friendlies planned next month and another two in October already confirmed but we are only looking forward to qualifying matches till the end of this year.

South Africa are meticulously preparing for the world cup qualifiers by lining up quality friendlies, they are leaving nothing to chance- that's a serious nation right there, it shouldn't come as an "upset" if they top our group and qualify with no mathematical calculations...meanwhile we're here doing nothing, we don't even have a freaking coach yet! we're discovering all these plethora of super star strikers but if we fail to prepare and build team chemistry with these boys, we're only wasting our time...this was the same mistake we made against Ghana that cost us the Qatar ticket. We still haven't learned the basics of preparation and organization...honestly it's absolutely draining being a Nigerian sometimes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 10:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Nwamazi8:

South Africa are meticulously preparing for the world cup qualifiers by lining up quality friendlies, they are leaving nothing to chance- that's a serious nation right there, it shouldn't come as an "upset" if they top our group and qualify with no mathematical calculations...meanwhile we're here doing nothing, we don't even have a freaking coach yet! we're discovering all these plethora of super star strikers but if we fail to prepare and build team chemistry with these boys, we're only wasting our time...this was the same mistake we made against Ghana that cost us the Qatar ticket. We still haven't learned the basics of preparation and organization...honestly it's absolutely draining being a Nigerian sometimes.
the nff must be damn broke if they can't even organize 1 friendly in two international windows. I wouldn't say quality per say cos it seems they are playing Namibia, Dr Congo, eswatini and ivory coast. Apart from ivory coast and dr congo, the other two are ass but then this is better than us as they have the opportunity to fine-tune their tactics. This is the perfect time to find how we can incorporate all our growing list of strikers so as to know how to use them well cos even by now we all know osihmen's afcon is under a big maybe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
What is all the moaning and wailing about? Na by friendly match?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Truidstar:
my brother I don laugh tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who wan watch super eagles match mk em go YouTube watch old matches 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2023
My expectations for some of our players this season

Osimhen - Expect another 20 goal plus season from the monster machine.

Chukwueze - Expect a minimum 15 G/A contribution from Samuel this campaign. Also hoping he gets the starting spot on lockdown.

Awoniyi - Double digits goals looks achievable. Should be able to reach 15.

Lookman: 15 G/A contribution looks realistic Don't think he will score that many goals like last season but I expect plenty assists from him.

Iwobi: 10 G/A is realistic would have expected more but Everton under Dyche will be too conservative

Moffi: 15 goals plus

Umar: 10 goals? Don't know if the injury will affect his performance

Adams: 10 goals looks achievable if not more he has started well.

Orban: Wherever he eventually ends up I expect him to deliver 15-20 goals by end of season

Boniface: 10 goals? Skillful but not sure if he's prolific in front of goal

Iheanacho: Has it in him to produce 20 G/A but needs to move

Wish everyone including the ones I didn't mention an injury free season.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nwamazi8: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
Truidstar:

So it's moaning to demand better from the NFF? are you this daft? na people like you go still biTch and rant when we fail to qualify for the next world cup because of complacency. Imagine questioning the right of a football fan to demand better for his national team, smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nwamazi8:

So it's moaning to demand better from the NFF? are you this daft? na people like you go still biTch and rant when we fail to qualify for the next world cup because of complacency. Imagine questioning the right of a football fan to demand better for his national team, smh
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
charlesemeka85:
my brother I don laugh tire 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Who wan watch super eagles match mk em go YouTube watch old matches 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
😂😂😂😂
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nwamazi8:

this one pass moaning 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

(1) (2) (3) ... (14889) (14890) (14891) (14892) (14893) (14894) (14895) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.